What Happened to Church?

Ceci's just been schooled. non-Christians know about Protestants, and all the other denominations. You've just been schooled again.
I used to be a Catholic.

My husband was raised Catholic. He converted to my faith ten months after we had married. He said that the personal relationship with God taught in my faith was a big factor, both in his conversion AND in his decision to marry me.
I bet he'd like a mulligan on that decision. Or did he already divorce you? :biggrin:

Nice example of the Christophobe's contempt for fellow humans and general lack of civility. Care to join the 21st century?
I have a general lack of civility, says the god lover who hates Muslims and Mexicans.

Give with the evidence or admit you're full of it and ticked that your attempts to derail the thread are getting you nowhere. IOW, show where I hate Muslims and Mexicans.

My husband was raised Catholic. He converted to my faith ten months after we had married. He said that the personal relationship with God taught in my faith was a big factor, both in his conversion AND in his decision to marry me.
I bet he'd like a mulligan on that decision. Or did he already divorce you? :biggrin:

Nice example of the Christophobe's contempt for fellow humans and general lack of civility. Care to join the 21st century?
I have a general lack of civility, says the god lover who hates Muslims and Mexicans.
Mexican is a nationality.

Islam is a religion.

Big difference.
He hates them both. The religious right all do.
As opposed to the “religious left” hating white people?

I'm aware. The point is that non-Christians always seem to think all Christianity is the Catholic Church.
Because the idiot pope is so visible.

True, and the Catholic Church has been around a lot longer than the Protestants. It's also a lot more visually interesting to portray in movies and TV shows. Mainstream protestant churches don't have any of the vestments, or statues, or rituals to pick apart; where's the fun in that?
There was a statue of Jesus in the Protestant church I used to attend. You've been schooled again. Now go see what happened to church because your church is making you ignorant.

If you think that proves it, she's not the ignorant one.
Ceci said "Mainstream protestant churches don't have any of the vestments, or statues,". My church had a statue of Jesus, making Ceci wrong. Again. I guess we can figure out what happened to her church.

"I misunderstood what was being said, because I was too busy thinking how brilliant I am for hating religion, and now I think I'm brilliant because I disproved a point that wasn't made."

:trolls:

Now I am a deist.
wtf is that? It sounds like it has something to do with a dick, yours or someone else's?
You need to study some American history.

Some of our greatest founders were deists.

A deist is someone who believes in a creator, but doesn’t follow any religious doctrine and doesn’t necessarily believe the creator interacts with its creation.
Well that's a little less stupid than Christianity. But you still have no proof. And that's what happened to church.

The biggest proof is the changed lives, but you don't accept that. You want physical miracles, but you wouldn't accept them unless someone else told you they were valid. The church didn't owe you evidence, it only owes God redeemed people.
Well if the church has no evidence, what are people going on? Anything at all? :dunno:

That is evidence. Do you not speak English? Don't you know what *evidence* means?

Nothing happened to church, it's still the same losers going to hear someone read from a book that nobody believes is true.

Wow, I sure am glad that's been "settled" by someone no one was really addressing, expressing opinions no one values.

I'm sure we'll all get RIGHT on caring deeply about applying your vacuity to our own lives, so that we can be just like you and gain all the benefits of your life.

Tell me again, what are those?
Believe in what you can see, not what someone else tells you you're seeing. You'll be much better off. And it won't cost you like a toll booth every time you go to church.

I'll tell you what I told the other self-aggrandizing 'tard: I have no desire to live in a universe small and boring enough to fit inside my perceptions. And I DEFINITELY have no desire to live in one small and boring enough to fit in yours.

And if you are an example of "better off", I feel I should tell you that you're doing the opposite of selling your product. No one on this planet is looking at you and going, "Man, I really want what that doofus has."
People didn't want what Jesus was selling either, so they nailed him to wood.

People feared Jesus; they laugh at you.

Believe in what you can see, not what someone else tells you you're seeing. You'll be much better off. And it won't cost you like a toll booth every time you go to church.
You do realize, don't you, that you accept many things that someone else tells you you're seeing that you can't see yourself? And again with the money thing. That really gets people hung up.
Yes, but those things I COULD see if I wanted to, I wouldn't need to go to science mass every week to pay money to have someone tell me, not show me, why the earth isn't flat, like you all use to think.
You have a lab that shows gravity waves when neutron stars collide? This I'd like to see. Heck, I wouldn't mind having that kind of setup in my back yard. Tell me how you did it.

Researchers get paid by someone, and ultimately you pay that bill when you pay taxes and purchase things from the sponsors, so yes, you do go to science mass. Now, tell me again what this has to do with the thread topic.
It's what happened to church, they tell you to spout nonsense. Scientists are at least looking for what's out there, you stopped on an invisible sky daddy that NOBODY has ever seen. That's what happened to church.

"It's what happened in church, I hated it, and then I went out to tell everyone I hated it, because no one cares what I have to say, but I hate it, so I have to stop people from having conversations about what I hate, because I HATE IT!!!!"

End of the line, Monkey Boy. No one cares whether or not you believe in anything. Everyone does the opposite of caring what you think is stupid and intelligent. This thread is not about, and is not going to be about, you attacking religion or touting what you naively believe to be science.

You are off-topic.
But if you have no solid answer for what me and hadi are discussing, why butt in? Are you some kind of control freak? Nobody can ask a question in your precious thread without you okaying it? Discussions can't develop?

You have a lab that shows gravity waves when neutron stars collide? This I'd like to see. Heck, I wouldn't mind having that kind of setup in my back yard. Tell me how you did it.

Researchers get paid by someone, and ultimately you pay that bill when you pay taxes and purchase things from the sponsors, so yes, you do go to science mass. Now, tell me again what this has to do with the thread topic.
It's what happened to church, they tell you to spout nonsense. Scientists are at least looking for what's out there, you stopped on an invisible sky daddy that NOBODY has ever seen. That's what happened to church.

Most scientific advances throughout history were made by believers. What is really happening to the church today is the Gospel is being watered down into squabbles about money and the color of the carpet, anything but experiencing true power.
So are there any real churches left out there?

A few. They're small, they don't advertise, don't go on TV begging for money, or lobby Congress. They just serve their communities, preach the Gospel, and work as God directs.
Name 3.

You're looking for denominational names. I can give you individual Church names, but you would never have heard of them. You would immediately try to look them up online, desperately searching for anything negative you could use against them. You don't understand what the Church is even called to do, so how can you possibly have a clue when they are?

Catholics have parishes, not churches.

I'm aware. The point is that non-Christians always seem to think all Christianity is the Catholic Church.
Ceci's just been schooled. non-Christians know about Protestants, and all the other denominations. You've just been schooled again.
I used to be a Catholic.

:offtopic:

Islam is a religion.

Big difference.

Evidence. Give with the evidence or admit yours fill of it.

I used to be a Catholic.

Give with the evidence or admit you're full of it and ticked that your attempts to derail the thread are getting you nowhere. IOW, show where I hate Muslims and Mexicans.
You follow the bible and voted for Trump. Now you know.

Islam is a religion.

Big difference.
I'll be back later, I have to go take a dump. Ceci, hold my spot!

You do realize, don't you, that you accept many things that someone else tells you you're seeing that you can't see yourself? And again with the money thing. That really gets people hung up.
Yes, but those things I COULD see if I wanted to, I wouldn't need to go to science mass every week to pay money to have someone tell me, not show me, why the earth isn't flat, like you all use to think.

"It's what happened in church, I hated it, and then I went out to tell everyone I hated it, because no one cares what I have to say, but I hate it, so I have to stop people from having conversations about what I hate, because I HATE IT!!!!"

End of the line, Monkey Boy. No one cares whether or not you believe in anything. Everyone does the opposite of caring what you think is stupid and intelligent. This thread is not about, and is not going to be about, you attacking religion or touting what you naively believe to be science.

You are off-topic.
But if you have no solid answer for what me and hadi are discussing, why butt in? Are you some kind of control freak? Nobody can ask a question in your precious thread without you okaying it? Discussions can't develop?

The solid answer to what you're discussing is "Stop hijacking the thread to get attention, moron".

And no, nobody can "ask questions in my thread" that are about derailing it. You want to develop a discussion about how you think your mental disorder makes you smart, go start your own thread.

Now I am a deist.
wtf is that? It sounds like it has something to do with a dick, yours or someone else's?

A deist is someone who believes in a creator, but doesn’t follow any religious doctrine and doesn’t necessarily believe the creator interacts with its creation.
Well that's a little less stupid than Christianity. But you still have no proof. And that's what happened to church.

The biggest proof is the changed lives, but you don't accept that. You want physical miracles, but you wouldn't accept them unless someone else told you they were valid. The church didn't owe you evidence, it only owes God redeemed people.
Well if the church has no evidence, what are people going on? Anything at all? :dunno:

Their lives are changed, they see the lives of their family members and neighbors changed. This is where you get left out.

:offtopic:

Islam is a religion.

Big difference.
I'll be back later, I have to go take a dump. Ceci, hold my spot!

Why you feel the need to go somewhere to take a dump when literally every word you post is feces is beyond everyone.

IOW, you're full of it.

You claim to be a moral humanist and you voted Democrat when they are nothing but a giant hate group.

Islam is a religion.

Big difference.
Religion is all about hating the other.

That is evidence. Do you not speak English? Don't you know what *evidence* means?
He said the church doesn't owe me evidence. So how are they going to convince me about god if they have nothing?

Nothing happened to church, it's still the same losers going to hear someone read from a book that nobody believes is true.

Wow, I sure am glad that's been "settled" by someone no one was really addressing, expressing opinions no one values.

I'm sure we'll all get RIGHT on caring deeply about applying your vacuity to our own lives, so that we can be just like you and gain all the benefits of your life.

Tell me again, what are those?

I'll tell you what I told the other self-aggrandizing 'tard: I have no desire to live in a universe small and boring enough to fit inside my perceptions. And I DEFINITELY have no desire to live in one small and boring enough to fit in yours.

And if you are an example of "better off", I feel I should tell you that you're doing the opposite of selling your product. No one on this planet is looking at you and going, "Man, I really want what that doofus has."
People didn't want what Jesus was selling either, so they nailed him to wood.

People feared Jesus; they laugh at you.
So I'm funnier than Jesus? THANKS!!!!!!

Forum List

Back