What happens when you make people work for food stamps!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

So what jobs are they supposed to do after Republicans wrecked their jobs?
They can't find a charity where they can help 24 hours IN A MONTH? Pay for your own damn food or go hungry!

So, everyone agree that we should go back to the work programs as a requirement for food stamps?

Believe me, in the long run it is better over all.

I don't think everybody, but clearly if you are mentally and physically capable of working, you should do some work for that benefit.

There is a difference between "wanting" something and "needing" something. We as a society should help those in need, but not those in want.

The liberal position of course is that these people "need" while the conservative position is that these people "want." This policy of Maine's clearly demonstrates how we conservatives were right all along, and it should go national saving us hundreds of billions of dollars over the next couple of years.

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

I thought Obama created record numbers of jobs this past year?
And those people don't need food stamps do they?

How many unfilled jobs are there in Maine?

Work doing what?

And how many times do I have to post the FactCheck link showing you that Republicans did not give tax breaks to anybody moving jobs overseas? I know how liberals love to lie, but repeating the same lie over and over again won't make it truth.

That's besides the fact you didn't address the topic. People would rather give up their food stamps than actually have to work for them.

what factcheck link are you referring to?

i think you're probably not on the same page vis a vis the term "tax breaks". the reality is that corporatists have set out to destroy union labor and collective bargaining. they've moved jobs overseas because they can pay a pittance. then they're allowed to move their assets and income to places like the cayman islands where they can evade taxes

i pay taxes. i'll assume you pay taxes. don't you think that exxon/mobil should pay taxes?

and if a corporation, any corporation, doesn't use american labor, shouldn't there be a penalty for that?

What libs don't seem to get is that the consumer pays those taxes! When you buy gas at Exxon/Mobil you pay their taxes!

Work doing what?

maine jobs - craigslist

Work doing what?

maine jobs - craigslist

The whole point of this exercise, should be that Conservatives and Liberals get pissed! Conservatives, because they are being fleeced, and Liberals, because people are making them look bad and not using the programs they want, for the reason they were created.

Instead, we have the left making excuse after excuse. Instead of standing up for the program and cheering that more fraud has been removed to make it easier for their program to be funded, they sit here and defend the the abusers.

It would be like us defending that crook Nixon, and yet the left is sooooooooo arrogant, they will come here and try and defend such obvious abuse of our system, and country.

With their mindset being like this, what is the sense of even trying to talk to them? I mean, I very seldom ever agree with Moonglow, but at least he is being honest. (I know Moonglow, now some of your friends will probably shun you for me saying that, sorry!)

I mean, come on here----------> I can admit that GW screwed the pooch. I can admit, that the Obama economy is nothing near what it is cracked up to be. I can admit, that for whatever reason, the Bill Clinton economy was pretty damn good. (I do not care why, it was, period) And I can admit, that these people who refuse to do anything in Maine are abusers of the system.

So what does that make me, a conservative or a liberal? I tend to think, it makes me a realist!

If we do not all start admitting the truth of history or what is right in front of our face today, the powerbrokers in Washington are going to abuse us collectively forever. They like our partisanship, so keep it up, and they will certainly be laughing their ass** off, no matter what we do in the future!

I wonder what would happen if we made people work for their mortgage interest deduction?

If you bothered to read the article, the program only applies to abled bodied adults with no children.
And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
I agree they're not qualified, after all, they probably can't/couldn't afford higher education..

They are perfectly qualified for all those shovel ready jobs Barry promised.
Since those appear to be a no show,picking up trash is a perfect fit for these mental midgets.
When did our President ever promise shovel ready jobs?

Shovel ready was a condition for a proposed project to receive stimulus funding

And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
I agree they're not qualified, after all, they probably can't/couldn't afford higher education..

They are perfectly qualified for all those shovel ready jobs Barry promised.
Since those appear to be a no show,picking up trash is a perfect fit for these mental midgets.
When did our President ever promise shovel ready jobs?

Shovel ready was a condition for a proposed project to receive stimulus funding

Liar. That's not what Hussein said:

Work doing what?

maine jobs - craigslist

The whole point of this exercise, should be that Conservatives and Liberals get pissed! Conservatives, because they are being fleeced, and Liberals, because people are making them look bad and not using the programs they want, for the reason they were created.

Instead, we have the left making excuse after excuse. Instead of standing up for the program and cheering that more fraud has been removed to make it easier for their program to be funded, they sit here and defend the the abusers.

It would be like us defending that crook Nixon, and yet the left is sooooooooo arrogant, they will come here and try and defend such obvious abuse of our system, and country.

With their mindset being like this, what is the sense of even trying to talk to them? I mean, I very seldom ever agree with Moonglow, but at least he is being honest. (I know Moonglow, now some of your friends will probably shun you for me saying that, sorry!)

I mean, come on here----------> I can admit that GW screwed the pooch. I can admit, that the Obama economy is nothing near what it is cracked up to be. I can admit, that for whatever reason, the Bill Clinton economy was pretty damn good. (I do not care why, it was, period) And I can admit, that these people who refuse to do anything in Maine are abusers of the system.

So what does that make me, a conservative or a liberal? I tend to think, it makes me a realist!

If we do not all start admitting the truth of history or what is right in front of our face today, the powerbrokers in Washington are going to abuse us collectively forever. They like our partisanship, so keep it up, and they will certainly be laughing their ass** off, no matter what we do in the future!

It's like I've always said: the best part of being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong.

Showing empirical evidence to a liberal is like holding a cross in front of Dracula. They immediately put the palms of their hands against their ears and sing aloud.

Since the Democrat party is the party of excuses, their first reaction is to think of unlikely scenarios where their programs are needed and not over abused at all. You have to remember that their leaders tell them what to say, and they repeat it without thinking about what they're saying at all.

I wonder what would happen if we made people work for their mortgage interest deduction?

I keep my grass cut. Will that count?

Funny thing about the food stamp hating group is one, these people go through a process that determines their eligibility. Why in the hell you mad at them because they meet the criteria?
Repubs control the COngress. Change the damn law so they dont qualify.

Is there fraud being committed in the programs. Yes. However it is not known to be a huge problem and there are efforts to stop fraud and abuse.

Work for welfare. Hell yea.

Work for SNAP. If you arent already working, yes. But a large number of SNAP recipients already have low wage jobs. So if you already work, and qualify for SNAP, good to go.

But being pissed at the people who qualify for these benefits is stupid. they didnt write the guidelines.

Be pissed at your fine Congress people you all are so proud to point out how they won that big election AND CANT GET JACK SHIT DONE.
Suckers.

I think it's fair to require some sort of community service. I think it's a good thing.

I think it's fair to require some sort of community service. I think it's a good thing.

Why not community service for the mortgage interest deduction? That's a pure handout that no one works for.

I keep my grass cut. Will that count?

Funny thing about the food stamp hating group is one, these people go through a process that determines their eligibility. Why in the hell you mad at them because they meet the criteria?
Repubs control the COngress. Change the damn law so they dont qualify.

Is there fraud being committed in the programs. Yes. However it is not known to be a huge problem and there are efforts to stop fraud and abuse.

Work for welfare. Hell yea.

Work for SNAP. If you arent already working, yes. But a large number of SNAP recipients already have low wage jobs. So if you already work, and qualify for SNAP, good to go.

But being pissed at the people who qualify for these benefits is stupid. they didnt write the guidelines.

Be pissed at your fine Congress people you all are so proud to point out how they won that big election AND CANT GET JACK SHIT DONE.
Suckers.

House Republican Budget Whacks Food Stamps And Medicaid

Why not community service for the mortgage interest deduction? That's a pure handout that no one works for.

I think these are reasonable requirements. If you don't wanna meet them, simply refuse the Taxpayer help. It's your call.

When government takes less from you, that's not a handout. Only lying liberals would have you believe that. It's your money, not the governments. That's much different than government giving you something you never had.

When government takes less from you, that's not a handout. Only lying liberals would have you believe that. It's your money, not the governments. That's much different than government giving you something you never had.

Yes it is. When the government reduces your tax bill, someone else has to pay the difference. The mortgage deduction is a handout.

Your tax bill is not your money. It's the government's money. If you don't believe me,

don't pay it and see what happens.

--LOL

good

9000 bernie sanders votes

--LOL

Forum List

Back