What happens when you make people work for food stamps!

Why is the OP bringing up old news. Check the archives first, dumb shit. This one has been done.

If you don't want to participate, please, feel free to go somewhere else.

I already participated when this news happened. You didn't know that this story is over a year old.....and you are now just being a dick.

Do the right thing and ask a mod to merge this with the old thread.

Wait are you saying Obama hasn't saved the world? OWTF!!!

If you want a job you will find one, if you want a hand out the Liberal Wing of the USA has made it clear they will support you with mine and every tax paying citizens hard earned tax revenue...

The DNC is putting up Bern baby Bern and Hillary "Lie Beneath the Hill" Clintooner to replace Dumb Brother Obama...

Don't you feel better knowing we could get one of the two double losers of the DNC?

And if Bloomberg enters, which I doubt, we will defiantly see a screwed up mess as the outcome...

Last edited:
And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?

Ray is absolutely right. There are all kinds of truck driving jobs available all over the United States. Even people in rural areas can drive for the big national companies. These are really good paying jobs too. I have some nephews who have been driving for years and they have moved around wherever they wanted to and gotten new jobs wherever they moved to. They make doggone good money too.

It's just like going into the military to get a trade or college education. Just too many young people do not want to do any little thing for themselves. They simply cannot abide the though of joining the military or driving a truck and being away from home a few days. Poor damn dependency syndrome.

Agreed and in fact, your nephews will even tell you that industry is bringing in foreigners to drive trucks because Americans are sitting home on their Obama Phone getting fat on their SNAP's cards.

These drivers are terrible drivers to boot, and some of them don't even know how to speak or read our language. I have no idea how they get around.

Some outfits will not only train you and get you licensed, but they will pay you while you learn. To think that's not enough for some Americans is embarrassing.

I cannot understand it Ray. If I had no training at all and had a wife and kid or two, I would certainly rather drive a truck and make a good payday than get by on SNAP and see my kids having to rely on free school lunches and free health care.

It's like anything else--conditioning.

If you have a life like that, you are in no hurry to leave it. I had to wake up to bad roads and heavy snow this morning, do you think I was anxious to get out in 10 degree weather and drive a truck?

Nothing would have made me happier than to wake up this morning, look out the window, and see all those people struggling to get to work during rush hour and just laugh that they are going to work to support me while I stay warm and comfy in my home.

Arrogance.

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
I suspect that many of them are working for cash under the table and don't have time to go do "voluteer work" for practically nothing.

To presume that all 9000 of them are just lazy fucks is naive.

How about lazy fucks gaming the system?
Many people who game the system are not lazy. Gaming the system (AKA committing welfare fraud) can be very hard work.

And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?

Ray is absolutely right. There are all kinds of truck driving jobs available all over the United States. Even people in rural areas can drive for the big national companies. These are really good paying jobs too. I have some nephews who have been driving for years and they have moved around wherever they wanted to and gotten new jobs wherever they moved to. They make doggone good money too.

It's just like going into the military to get a trade or college education. Just too many young people do not want to do any little thing for themselves. They simply cannot abide the though of joining the military or driving a truck and being away from home a few days. Poor damn dependency syndrome.

Agreed and in fact, your nephews will even tell you that industry is bringing in foreigners to drive trucks because Americans are sitting home on their Obama Phone getting fat on their SNAP's cards.

These drivers are terrible drivers to boot, and some of them don't even know how to speak or read our language. I have no idea how they get around.

Some outfits will not only train you and get you licensed, but they will pay you while you learn. To think that's not enough for some Americans is embarrassing.

I cannot understand it Ray. If I had no training at all and had a wife and kid or two, I would certainly rather drive a truck and make a good payday than get by on SNAP and see my kids having to rely on free school lunches and free health care.

It's like anything else--conditioning.

If you have a life like that, you are in no hurry to leave it. I had to wake up to bad roads and heavy snow this morning, do you think I was anxious to get out in 10 degree weather and drive a truck?

Nothing would have made me happier than to wake up this morning, look out the window, and see all those people struggling to get to work during rush hour and just laugh that they are going to work to support me while I stay warm and comfy in my home.

I find that depressing.

I close the curtains

The rule change on this happened in December of 2014, WHY is this news now again?

I can find NOTHING in local news about this except from early last year????

So WHY IS THIS news and out in the republican blogosphere again?

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
I suspect that many of them are working for cash under the table and don't have time to go do "voluteer work" for practically nothing.

To presume that all 9000 of them are just lazy fucks is naive.

How about lazy fucks gaming the system?
Many people who game the system are not lazy. Gaming the system (AKA committing welfare fraud) can be very hard work.

How is sitting around waiting for a refill on your EBT card work....or did I just miss the sarcasm?

The rule change on this happened in December of 2014, WHY is this news now again?

Don't know where the others picked it up, but the first I saw of it was on the Yahoo Home page 4-5 days ago

Why is the OP bringing up old news. Check the archives first, dumb shit. This one has been done.

I already participated when this news happened. You didn't know that this story is over a year old.....and you are now just being a dick.

This story is about the results, not the change of law. And if you bothered to look at the link, you would notice that it was posted today--not over a year ago.

That's besides the fact I've only been here a little over six months, and I've seen countless topics about the same or similar subjects. Gun threads that were in the dozens, Hillary and her Benghazi participation or her e-mail server.

If there is something I discussed and have nothing else to say, I just ignore the new topics that have already been discussed.

It's not that hard, even for a liberal.

It's like rubbing salt in a wound. It's clear that these programs are being taken advantage of and not necessities as liberals claim they are. There is a difference between "need" and want."

It doesn't drive you nuts that this topic may have been discussed before, it drives you nuts because we conservatives were right (as we usually are) all along. These costly programs are being abused by lazy MF's, and it's about time it stopped.

9,000 kicked off food stamps is a new story, quit bitching and trying to hide it.

This story is about the results, not the change of law. And if you bothered to look at the link, you would notice that it was posted today--not over a year ago.

That's besides the fact I've only been here a little over six months, and I've seen countless topics about the same or similar subjects. Gun threads that were in the dozens, Hillary and her Benghazi participation or her e-mail server.

If there is something I discussed and have nothing else to say, I just ignore the new topics that have already been discussed.

i'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you did this.... I did see the article you linked was from today....

I was just wondering why it was news again?

the results of this measure cutting the food stamp rolls were KNOWN in March of last year, after the first 3 months of the change.... maybe it was only known to us Mainers who get local news???

9,000 kicked off food stamps is a new story, quit bitching and trying to hide it.

I posted this topic only an hour and a half ago, and already it's five pages long. This drives liberals nuts that it's still an interesting topic.

i'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you did this.... I did see the article you linked was from today....

I was just wondering why it was news again?

the results of this measure cutting the food stamp rolls were KNOWN in March of last year, after the first 3 months of the change.... maybe it was only known to us Mainers who get local news???

Could be, but I heard this on the radio today and decided to give it a look. I found this article today and find the results astonishing.

With all this bragging how great the economy is by the White House, it doesn't explain the food stamp participants and the fact over 93 million people are not even looking for work which greatly influence the unemployment numbers.

It's empirical evidence that these programs are less needed than they are convenience. I'm all for helping my fellow man out, but I'm not for going to work every day so he can stay home and laugh at me for doing so.

Nope. Not new.

What's really telling is the number of Liberals attacking Ray for posting this. It certainly exhibits your disregard for those having to foot the bill for all these lazy bums. Have you absolutely no shame at all? You fools are all for zero needs testing. It is obvious.

What's really telling is the number of Liberals attacking Ray for posting this. It certainly exhibits your disregard for those having to foot the bill for all these lazy bums. Have you absolutely no shame at all? You fools are all for zero needs testing. It is obvious.

Thanks for your support. This is all about perception.

When liberals think of a person in need of government handouts, they picture a family sitting under a light hanging by the wires with a 40 watt light bulb and flies buzzing around. Mom is sweating in the kitchen putting more water in the soup to make it go further. Hungry children are by the table waiting for their merger portions and hope it will last them the night.

Liberals watch a lot of television and movies you know.

Conservatives see people on the street on their Obama phone enjoying life because they don't work or work very little. They abuse any government program offered to them. They sell their SNAP's cards to other people because they live in a household of three or four other people on the same program, and SNAP's is very generous when it comes to doling out food. They are not sitting by the dinner table under a 40 watt bulb eating bread crumbs, they are in front of their big screen with cable or satellite services petting one of their three large dogs and are 50 pounds or more overweight.

Most food stamp recipients have jobs .

Maybe, but food stamps only hampers their inclination to better themselves.

I'll tell you a true story here, if you've read it already, just skip it.

A few years ago I had to evict one of my tenants. They were an unmarried couple with two kids, one was 14 and the other 3.

They kept getting further behind on their rent payments, so I called them over to talk about it.

Yes, he worked, but refused to work one hour over 40. She stayed home doing nothing supposedly home schooling her kids even though she was as dumb as a rock.

Anyway I found a solution to their money and rent problems. I suggested that when he's home during the weekends, he could watch the kids while she gets a part-time job to make extra money. Not only would they have more than enough for rent, but address their other financial problems as well.

It was the perfect idea except for one thing: she was getting $250.00 a month in food stamps, and any income on her part would be deducted from her benefits.

Long story short, I had to evict them. Now that eviction will be public record and they will most likely never find a decent rent again. I just want to add that both adults and the teen child all smoked, and they supplied tobacco to their daughter. They had an Obama phone, three cats and a very large dog they were taking care of. I also suggested they get rid of their pets.

And the Rust Belt started under LBJ and Carter owns Stagflation. Neither party is blameless in jobs being lost.
Bullshit. The massive job loss was accelerated by Republicans under Bush. You know Republicans would sell their own mothers for a dollar if they could. The Chinese funded US Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats for a reason. We all know that to be true.

Forum List

Back