What Has Allah Brought The World?

Many Muslims hate America. Some of it with cause

What was the cause for Muslims to hate America in the 18th century?

...One cannot get around what [Thomas] Jefferson heard when he went with John Adams to wait upon Tripoli’s ambassador to London in March 1785. When they inquired by what right the Barbary states preyed upon American shipping, enslaving both crews and passengers, America’s two foremost envoys were informed that “it was written in the Koran, that all Nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon whoever they could find and to make Slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.” (It is worth noting that the United States played no part in the Crusades, or in the Catholic reconquista of Andalusia.)

Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates by Christopher Hitchens, City Journal Spring 2007

...One cannot get around what [Thomas] Jefferson heard when he went with John Adams to wait upon Tripoli’s ambassador to London in March 1785. When they inquired by what right the Barbary states preyed upon American shipping, enslaving both crews and passengers, America’s two foremost envoys were informed that “it was written in the Koran, that all Nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon whoever they could find and to make Slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.” (It is worth noting that the United States played no part in the Crusades, or in the Catholic reconquista of Andalusia.)

Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates by Christopher Hitchens, City Journal Spring 2007

If you're going to quote what I write, please use the entire quote; otherwise, you make it sound as if I've said something different than what I intended to say. Please! Thank you!

I'll get back to you on this. It's dinnertime. Thank you for....if nothing more than a distorted view of history, and not answering my questions about the sacrifices in the military that your family....(didn't make?). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're going to quote what I write, please use the entire quote; otherwise, you make it sound as if I've said something different than what I intended to say. Please! Thank you!

I'll get back to you on this. It's dinnertime. Thank you for....if nothing more than a distorted view of history, and not answering my questions about the sacrifices in the military that your family....(didn't make?). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm always amenable to educating the ignorant like yourself about history, such as the important Jewish role in the American Revolutionary War you were clueless about

The American Revolution: Haym Salomon

If you're referring to Haym Salomon, he was a slave owner, died peniless, and his contribution to the Revolutionary War has been "greatly exaggerated".

George Washington Letter to the Hebrew Congregation at Newport, August 1790, the first synagogue in America called the Touro, acknowledging the role of the Jewish American community in the American Revolutionary War, including financing the war Papers of George Washington .
May the children of the stock of Abraham who dwell in this land continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other inhabitants--while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid.

May the father of all mercies scatter light, and not darkness, upon our paths, and make us all in our several vocations useful here, and in His own due time and way everlastingly happy.

G. Washington

Haym Salomon The American Revolution: Haym Salomon
Salomon (sometimes written as Solomon and Solomons in period documents) was a Polish-born Jewish immigrant to America who played an important role in financing the Revolution. When the war began, Salomon was operating as a financial broker in New York City. He seems to have been drawn early to the Patriot side and was arrested by the British as a spy in 1776. He was pardoned and used by the British as an interpreter with their German troops. Salomon, however, continued to help prisoners of the British escape and encouraged German soldiers to desert. Arrested again in 1778, he was sentenced to death, but managed to escape to the rebel capital of Philadelphia, where he resumed his career as a broker and dealer in securities. He soon became broker to the French consul and paymaster to French troops in America.

Salomon arrived in Philadelphia as the Continental Congress was struggling to raise money to support the war. Congress had no powers of direct taxation and had to rely on requests for money directed to the states, which were mostly refused. The government had no choice but to borrow money and was ultimately bailed out only by loans from the French and Dutch governments. Government finances were in a chaotic state in 1781 when Congress appointed former Congressman Robert Morris superintendent of finances. Morris established the Bank of North America and proceeded to finance the Yorktown campaign of Washington and Rochambeau. Morris relied on public-spirited financiers like Salomon to subscribe to the bank, find purchasers for government bills of exchange, and lend their own money to the government.

From 1781 on, Salomon brokered bills of exchange for the American government and extended interest-free personal loans to members of Congress, including James Madison. Salomon married Rachel Franks in 1777 and had four children with her. He was an influential member of Philadelphia’s Mikveh Israel congregation, founded in 1740. He helped lead the fight to overturn restrictive Pennsylvania laws barring non-Christians from holding public office. Like many elite citizens of Philadelphia, he owned at least one slave, a man named Joe, who ran away in 1780. Possibly as a result of his purchases of government debt, Salomon died penniless in 1785. His descendants in the nineteenth century attempted to obtain compensation from Congress, but were unsuccessful. The extent of Salomon’s claim on the government cannot be determined, because the documentation disappeared long ago.

In 1941, the George Washington-Robert Morris-Haym Salomon Memorial was erected along Wacker Drive in downtown Chicago. The bronze and stone memorial was conceived by sculptor Lorado Taft and finished by his student, Leonard Crunelle. Although Salomon’s role in financing the Revolution has at times been exaggerated, his willingness to take financial risks for the Patriot cause helped establish the new nation.

Haym Salomon Patriot Banker of the American Revolution
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Haym-Salomon-Patriot-American-Revolution/dp/0823966291[/ame]

Robert Morris, George Washington & Haym Salomon Statue
The government of the united states
which gives bigotry no sanction to persecution
no assisstance requires that they who live under
its protection should demean themselves as good citizens
in giving it on all occasions thier effectual support
president george washington - 1790

On the corner of Wabash Avenue and Wacker Drive, just a couple blocks southwest of the Tribune Tower, stands a testament to the fact that people of different backgrounds had to come together to help our nation come into existence.

In this memorial along the Chicago River, George Washington, in his Revolutionary War uniform, shakes hands with English-born Robert Morris on his right and Polish-Jewish emigrant Hyam Salomon on his left. Morris, who actually was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and Salomon gave their financial support to assure victory in the American Revolution, raising thousands of dollars to assist the American Army in its battle against the British. At the base of the statue, a plaque envisions a multitude of people being welcomed by Liberty and her outstretched arms.

Alderman Barnet Hodes commissioned the sculpture in the 1930s and raised the necessary money. Loredo Taft, whose ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War, designed the work but died in 1936 after completing only a small model. His associates were given a new contract, and three of them (Nellie Walker, Leonard Crunelle, and Mary Webster) each enlarged one of the figures, finishing the artwork in 1941. It has proudly stood by the Chicago River since 2002.

IMG_8966 - Robert Morris, George Washington & Haym Salomon Statue | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What would the US Department of the Interior have to gain by lying to the American public? But let's go further, shall we?

Papers of George Washington

May the Children of the Stock of Abraham, who dwell in this land, continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other Inhabitants; while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and figtree, and there shall be none to make him afraid.
How do you interpret this?

Clearly, George Washington was speaking of the Jewish people, who were then living in the newly-formed nation. He seemed to convey that Jews had the right to be treated well, and fairly by the other inhabitants of the newly formed nation. And that everyone (Jews, Gentiles, and Native Americans) should be free to be left alone and not be intimidated by others. Of course this didn't turn out to be the case, but everything happens for a reason.

Still waiting for the financier reference.

I don't give a shit who the muslims sided with.
Au contraire, it's indeed an interesting study! We have some pics of arab nazis someplace, bth..
Save your bullshit propaganda for someone who cares.
Arab nazis can't be bullshitt, of course.
The fact remains that the US, UK, and Canada among others saved your heritage....and you know it. So stop shitting on us every chance you get.
The magnificient me can't defecate on myself, of course. Who's "us" to shitt on, bth?

Au contraire, it's indeed an interesting study! We have some pics of arab nazis someplace, bth..
The fact remains that the US, UK, and Canada among others saved your heritage....and you know it. So stop shitting on us every chance you get.
The magnificient me can't defecate on myself, of course. Who's "us" to shitt on, bth?

Arab Islamic Scholar Bernard Lewis...

Then came the Third Reich, connections to the Arab world and, later, to other Muslim countries. Now that the German archives are open, we know that within weeks of Hitler’s coming to power in 1933, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem got in touch with the German consul general in Jerusalem, Doctor Heinrich Wolff, and offered his services. It is interesting that the common image of the Germans pursuing the Arabs is the reverse of what happened. The Arabs were pursuing the Germans.

The Germans turned their attention more seriously to the Arabs, responding at last to their approaches, and from then on the relationship developed very swiftly.

In 1940 the French surrender gave the Nazis new opportunities for action in the Arab world. In Vichy-controlled Syria they were able for a while to establish an intelligence and propaganda base in the heart of the Arab East. From Syria they extended their activities to Iraq, where they helped to establish a pro-Nazi regime headed by Rashid Ali al-Gailani. This was overthrown by the British, and Rashid Ali went to join his friend the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in Berlin, where he remained as Hitler’s guest until the end of the war. In the last days of Rashid Ali’s regime, on the first and second of June 1941, soldiers and civilians launched murderous attacks on the ancient Jewish community in Baghdad. This was followed by a series of such attacks in other Arab cities, both in the Middle East and in North Africa.

In answer to a question from Rashid Ali as to whether anti-Semitism was also directed against Arabs, because they were part of the Semitic family, Professor Walter Gross, director of the Race Policy Office of the Nazi Party, explained with great emphasis, in a letter dated October 17, 1942, that this was not the case and that anti-Semitism was concerned wholly and exclusively with Jews. On the contrary, he observed, the Nazis had always shown sympathy and support for the Arab cause against the Jews. In the course of his letter, he even remarked that the expression “anti-Semitism, which has been used for decades in Europe by the anti-Jewish movement, was incorrect since this movement was directed exclusively against Jewry, and not against other peoples who speak a Semitic language.”

This apparently caused some concern in Nazi circles, and a little later a committee was formed that suggested that the Führer’s speeches and his book Mein Kampf should be revised to adopt the term “anti-Jewish” instead of “anti-Semitic” so as not to offend “our Arab friends.” The Führer did not agree, and this proposal was not accepted. There was still no great problem in German-Arab relations before, during, and even for a while after the war.

The Nazi propaganda impact was immense. We see it in Arabic memoirs of the period, and of course in the foundation of the Ba’ath party. We use the word “party” in speaking of the Ba’ath in the same sense in which one speaks of the Fascist, Nazi, or Communist parties—not a party in the Western sense, an organization for seeking votes and winning elections, but a party as part of the apparatus of government, particularly concerned with indoctrination and repression. And anti-Semitism, European-style, became a very important part of that indoctrination. The basis was there. A certain amount of translated literature was there. It became much more important after the events of 1948, when the humiliated Arabs drew comfort from the doctrine of the Jews as a source of cosmic evil. This continued and grew with subsequent Arab defeats, particularly after the ultimate humiliation of the 1967 war, which Israel won in less than a week.

The growth of European-style anti-Semitism in the Arab world derived in the main from this feeling of humiliation and the need therefore to ascribe to the Jews a role very different from their traditional role in Arab folklore and much closer to that of the anti-Semitic prototypes. By now the familiar themes of European anti-Semitism—the blood libel, the protocols of Zion, the international Jewish conspiracy, and the rest—have become standard fare in much of the Arab world, in the schoolroom, the pulpit, the media, and even on the Internet. It is bitterly ironic that these themes have been adopted by previously immune Muslims precisely at a time when in Europe they have become an embarrassment even to anti-Semites.

Last edited:

That would be the Americans who've actually defended this nation by serving in the military in peacetime and wartime. Most of my family did. Have you?

I actually tried, but have ventricular arrhythmias, so I was permanently disqualified. Did you try? Or were you too chickenshit? Let me guess....too cowardly.

Au contraire, it's indeed an interesting study! We have some pics of arab nazis someplace, bth..Arab nazis can't be bullshitt, of course.

That would be the Americans who've actually defended this nation by serving in the military in peacetime and wartime. Most of my family did. Have you?

I actually tried, but have ventricular arrhythmias, so I was permanently disqualified. Did you try? Or were you too chickenshit? Let me guess....too cowardly.

Islime calls for war against infidel states and the imposition of sharia law ruled by islimic rulers.

Get out your pitchfork!

That would be the Americans who've actually defended this nation by serving in the military in peacetime and wartime. Most of my family did. Have you? I actually tried, but have ventricular arrhythmias, so I was permanently disqualified. Did you try? Or were you too chickenshit? Let me guess....too cowardly.
Drivel.

That would be the Americans who've actually defended this nation by serving in the military in peacetime and wartime. Most of my family did. Have you? I actually tried, but have ventricular arrhythmias, so I was permanently disqualified. Did you try? Or were you too chickenshit? Let me guess....too cowardly.
Drivel.

Drivel, huh? So in other words, no you have not served, or attempted to serve.

JStone quote:

"Sorry but my ancestry is the most glorious."

So that automatically absolves you of any responsibility to US national security.
But you won't hesistate to send others to do the work that you are afraid to do.

The audacity of you two is incredible! If you're so interested in US and world defense, run to your nearest marine corps recruiter and tell them that you want to enlist tomorrow. I'm sure that they would be happy to have you. And if they can't get you on the plane to Parris Island tomorrow; they'll make it happen asap.

Uncle Sam wants you!

Attachments

• $Uncle-Sam-Wants-You[1].jpg
    $Uncle-Sam-Wants-You[1].jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 53
Drivel.

JStone quote:

So that automatically absolves you of any responsibility to US national security.
But you won't hesistate to send others to do the work that you are afraid to do.

The audacity of you two is incredible! If you're so interested in US and world defense, run to your nearest marine corps recruiter and tell them that you want to enlist tomorrow. I'm sure that they would be happy to have you. And if they can't get you on the plane to Parris Island tomorrow; they'll make it happen asap.

Israel helps keep America safe. The muslimes, not so much.

JStone quote:

Israel helps keep America safe. The muslimes, not so much.

Okay...I'll agree somewhat with that statement.

Forum List

Back