What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime
If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Right, I'm sure that's why every one of them are coming here. It couldn't possibly be they are using their kids to draw sympathy :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Trying to hide behind the skirts of a small minority of extreme "hard cases" is standard leftism. They try to excuse millions of abortions of convenience by screaming about "rape, incest, life of the mother!" and they try to excuse millions of illegals motivated by economics by screaming about "fear for their lives!"

And then they wonder how we ended up with President Trump.

If there was some sort of war or government takeover in these counties, I could better understand. But these countries haven't changed in some time. There is no sudden need to escape an environment they've lived in most of their lives. Sure, they want a better place to live, and that's understandable. But I'm certain you will find many children and parents in Asia and Africa that feel the same way. I'm sure there are billions of people that would love to invade the US.
------------------------------ much of the problem is close USA Proximity to lots of third world zhithole countries . Plus the 'reagan , the bush'es , clinton and mrobama . They all want the USA dissolved with a diverse population replacing Real Americans and that is always fighting amongst themselves .

That may be true, but (a) the damage is done, (b) we have 11-12,000,000 Illegal Aliens here now, to deal with and (c) we must prevent that from happening again.

Again, it's only bad in your mind because you are a bigot. This country has been absorbing immigrants for centuries...

Here's what we do to "Fix" it.

12 million who are already here should be granted an amnesty, if they self-identify, with a case-by-case review. This worked just fine when Reagan did it 30 years ago.

The way to prevent future problems is to have a guest worker program that will allow cheap seasonal labor. Actually, when we had an open border, these folks came up for the harvest season, and went home when it was over.

What caused the "Crisis" is that 1) NAFTA devastated Mexican Agriculture by forcing Mexican farmers out of their own market and 2) Increased border security on our side meant that instead of going home at the end of harvest season, you might as well stay instead of keep having to navigate your way past.

But the only "Crisis" we have is white bigots living in mortal fear their daughters might date a Mexican.
------------------------------------ my only concern is the NUMBERS plus the fact that third world mexicans and others will make the USA a third world zhithole . See downtown 'los angeles' and most of the surrounding southern kalifornia cities JoeB .

Of course. When you look at these shit hole countries as Trump was "accused" of saying, is it the land or the people that made them shit holes? It's the people. So now the leftist idea is to bring those people here.

The left has moved lowlifes in our country to better areas, and all that does is ruin better areas. If you take 3/4 cup of fresh wholesome milk, and mix that with 1/4 cup of stale curdled milk, you only have one thing, and that's a cup of bad milk.

The left has never learned that lesson and probably never will. They won't be happy until the entire country is ruined. Then they will somehow blame it on Republicans.

again, illegal immigration is at a 30 year low and we don't have that many people trying to get in. That you think the small amount of people we are taking in is a problem is really more about you than them.

We can solve our problems just fine... we just refuse to.

You are correct, but the Democrats stopped us from building that wall.

Actually, the undocumented are part of that 320 million, and we kind of need immigrants because White People aren't even reproducing at replacement rates. More of us are dying than being born.

So we become a less populated country. Why is that such a bad thing to the left? Oh, that's right, you were told by your puppet masters it was a bad thing, but have no explanation as to why.

The US population in 1970 was 205 million people. That's more than a third less of what we have today. What was so devastating when we only had that size of population?

I'm complaining because other people create problems that we have to solve, and we can't even solve our own yet.

STF out of this country. If your country is so bad, fight to change it as we have ours in history. We can't babysit the world. We have 7.6 billion people on this planet, some of which have children living in worse environments than south America. How many of these 7.6 billion are we to take in?

again, illegal immigration is at a 30 year low and we don't have that many people trying to get in. That you think the small amount of people we are taking in is a problem is really more about you than them.

Yes, there was a time when immigrants were needed in the US. But today we are a population of 320 million people plus the illegal who are here. I think we are quite full if we want to live in the peace we live in now.

Actually, the undocumented are part of that 320 million, and we kind of need immigrants because White People aren't even reproducing at replacement rates. More of us are dying than being born.
/——/ Then it’s time to shut the abortion mills and rebuild the population

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.
Compassion can end you up in the poor house and make everyone in America Poverty stricken.

I watched your video and the speaker makes some good points but totally misses the reason we need immigrants. We need immigration to fill the jobs of the future. We can not fill the jobs we're creating with native born Americans because our birthrate is too low and our retirement rate is too high. We don't need the poorest of the poor but the best of the poor. We need people that can be an asset to the nation. Our immigration laws concentrate on bringing in close family member but we need to keep in mind that we need good people, not just family members.

We have 6.5 million unemployed Americans today. Why do we need more people to do jobs? Why do we need to expand simply because we have a lot of jobs?

So the jobs go unfulfilled, then what happens? Employers have to increase offers. They need to increase pay rates, benefits, anything to get people to work in their industry.

But this is a bad thing? We need more people in this country to keep wages and benefits lower?

Do you know what structural employment is? There is link below that explains it. Most of the people that are unemployed today are either part of our structural employment, chose not to work, or are simply in between jobs. Economist say we are now at full employment which means that all eligible people who want to work can find employment. As employment pushes lower than full employment, wages and inflation rise rapidly. Is that a bad thing? yes.

As long as wages rise along with higher productivity that is good for the nation but wage increases due to shortages of workers is not. Wage increases due labor shortages mean the nation is hiring marginally productive workers at higher rates. That leads to inflation not higher productivity.

We are creating jobs at a monthly rate as high as 250,000/mo and we have 3 million unfilled jobs. We simply will not have the people we need to fill the jobs that will be created because of a very low birthrate and high retirement rate. As I explained above worker shortages are not good for the economy or the country.

Structural Unemployment

This economy is not going to last forever, in fact it will probably slow down sometime soon. Then what are we going to do with all these people that won't have a job?

Well.......it would create more government dependents--one of the keys to the success of the Democrat party.

Picture a movable ceiling and a floor. They are both moving towards each other. The ceiling represents blue collar jobs that are quickly being replaced by automation. The floor moving upwards represents our unskilled labor population. Do you see the problem now?

The last thing we need is to make that floor move even faster.

In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime
If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know...I've asked that many times. They never answer. The thing is - many of those illegally immigrating are fleeing horrific situations, they aren't economic migrants. Many are trying to claim asylum - a perfectly LEGAL thing to do even if they cross illegally - it's the federal law, it's international law, it's their right. They may not get it, often don't - but it's legal.

I was just listening to a piece on this...and one woman from El Salvador, who fled with her 5 yr old son. She tried 6 times to claim asylum at a legal point of entry only to be turned away each time because they "didn't have enough facilities or resources to take more people" (illegal to turn away asylum seekers). So she finally entered illegally and turned herself in. She was promptly arrested, charged with a crime and her son was taken away from her. For two months she had no idea where he was. Finally he was located in a foster home in NY. So now he is in the foster care system which is ANOTHER nightmare to get a kid out of.

It's absolutely sickening.
Did I forget to post this in this thread? We can't take them all without ruining the livelihoods of Americans.

That may be true, but (a) the damage is done, (b) we have 11-12,000,000 Illegal Aliens here now, to deal with and (c) we must prevent that from happening again.

Again, it's only bad in your mind because you are a bigot. This country has been absorbing immigrants for centuries...

Here's what we do to "Fix" it.

12 million who are already here should be granted an amnesty, if they self-identify, with a case-by-case review. This worked just fine when Reagan did it 30 years ago.

The way to prevent future problems is to have a guest worker program that will allow cheap seasonal labor. Actually, when we had an open border, these folks came up for the harvest season, and went home when it was over.

What caused the "Crisis" is that 1) NAFTA devastated Mexican Agriculture by forcing Mexican farmers out of their own market and 2) Increased border security on our side meant that instead of going home at the end of harvest season, you might as well stay instead of keep having to navigate your way past.

But the only "Crisis" we have is white bigots living in mortal fear their daughters might date a Mexican.
It did not work just fine when Reagan did it 30 years ago. If it worked fine we wouldn't have another 30+ million illegals in our country.

Right, I'm sure that's why every one of them are coming here. It couldn't possibly be they are using their kids to draw sympathy :cuckoo::cuckoo:

And I'm sure everyone of them are using their kids to draw sympathy - hell why else would they be leaving some of the most violent gang ridden regions of the America's.

And I'm sure everyone of them are using their kids to draw sympathy - hell why else would they be leaving some of the most violent gang ridden regions of the America's.

"Protecting children at the border is complicated because there have, indeed, been instances of fraud. Tens of thousands of migrants arrive there every year, and those with children in tow are often released into the United States more quickly than adults who come alone, because of restrictions on the amount of time that minors can be held in custody. Some migrants have admitted they brought their children not only to remove them from danger in such places as Central America and Africa, but because they believed it would cause the authorities to release them from custody sooner.

Others have admitted to posing falsely with children who are not their own, and Border Patrol officials say that such instances of fraud are increasing."
Hundreds of Immigrant Children Have Been Taken From Parents at U.S. Border

"The sharp decline in the U.S. population of unauthorized immigrants that accompanied the 2007-2009 recession has bottomed out, and the number may be rising again."

So they're all "fleeing in fear of their lives", but mysteriously stopped fearing for their lives while the US was in a recession? Uh huh.

"Most of the U.S. unauthorized population comes from Mexico—52% in 2012"

Mexico sucks, no question about it, but it's not exactly the war-torn horror leftists keep trying to tell us all these illegals are fleeing.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/2013/09/Unauthorized-Sept-2013-FINAL.pdf

"A 2009 Pew Global survey found that 57% of Mexicans believed they would have a better life if they came to the United States."

"Why do so many people come daily to United States illegally? What are the various reasons for illegal immigration? What can be done to stop illegal immigration in the United States? Let's find out.

* I think everyone in the world knows, that most immigrants coming to the US come from Mexico. Mexico has low economy and a high population. The country is still engaged in a war with various Mexican drug cartels which kills more than 80,000 people every year. The US on the other hand has a powerful economy with more number of jobs and a safe environment which attracts Mexican residents to come here.
* Most people in Mexico live under the extreme poverty line. Mexico is not a third world country but it's also not a developed economy. United States offers more benefits for the unemployed and for people living on the streets. This is a major bait for many Mexican illegal immigrants.
* There's a high percentage of people coming into the US not for employment or food, but they come here to meet their long lost brothers or family members. It's a common practice for immigrants to cross the border to meet their loved ones."
Reasons for Illegal Immigration

And that's why it has to stop now; because it has been our problem, a problem we don't need any longer. Let people solve their own problems. I too never had kids. The wonderful thing about having kids is that it's a choice--not an infliction. I chose not to have children because of the expense and my health problems I didn't want to pass along. But now my taxes have to support kids other people had in countries where they should have known better? It's bad enough I have to support American kids lowlifes have.

So your argument is that we are trying to make sure these kids are productive citizens, and you want to complain about that?

We need the replacement workers, that's the thing...

I'm complaining because other people create problems that we have to solve, and we can't even solve our own yet.

STF out of this country. If your country is so bad, fight to change it as we have ours in history. We can't babysit the world. We have 7.6 billion people on this planet, some of which have children living in worse environments than south America. How many of these 7.6 billion are we to take in?

Look Ray - OUR ancestors didn't stay to fight to change their country - the FLED. HERE. That's a weak argument Ray.

Who is "our"? MY ancestors didn't "flee" anything. They were colonists.

Trying to hide behind the skirts of a small minority of extreme "hard cases" is standard leftism. They try to excuse millions of abortions of convenience by screaming about "rape, incest, life of the mother!" and they try to excuse millions of illegals motivated by economics by screaming about "fear for their lives!"

If there was some sort of war or government takeover in these counties, I could better understand. But these countries haven't changed in some time. There is no sudden need to escape an environment they've lived in most of their lives. Sure, they want a better place to live, and that's understandable. But I'm certain you will find many children and parents in Asia and Africa that feel the same way. I'm sure there are billions of people that would love to invade the US.

Let's face it, the United States is preferable to 90% of the countries on Earth, including a lot of the ones in Europe. Personally, I think it's better than any other country on Earth.

Doesn't mean we're obligated to let everyone else on Earth live here.

So we become a less populated country. Why is that such a bad thing to the left? Oh, that's right, you were told by your puppet masters it was a bad thing, but have no explanation as to why.

The US population in 1970 was 205 million people. That's more than a third less of what we have today. What was so devastating when we only had that size of population?
----------------------------------------- it was fine , 205 million and i was a 20 year old young adult working on the Railroad . i got hired in 68 or 69 by filling out a paper application that asked , WHO do you know and are you related to them ?? All the guys i worked with were local boys from the area . A 'union' Railroad with maybe a hundred miles of Rail not including the Yards . We were hauling iron ore from the Masabe Range to our ore dock on Lake Superior . It was fine and not a third worlder to be seen anywhere and everyone made good union money and benefits .

Yes, there was a time when immigrants were needed in the US. But today we are a population of 320 million people plus the illegal who are here. I think we are quite full if we want to live in the peace we live in now.

Keeping in mind that I am 100% against killing babies under any circumstances, I have to say that the people having abortions are not really the people I would want to look to for rebuilding the population.

Keeping in mind that I am 100% against killing babies under any circumstances, I have to say that the people having abortions are not really the people I would want to look to for rebuilding the population.
/----/ So babies have to die because of their parents?

Not our problem ,we cannot even take care of our self, kick there ass back across the border, no one ever said life is easy, quit thinking you can solve the worlds problems, If you are so concern, put some tents in your backyard and feed and support them, other wise shut your pie hole. You bleeding hearts are all for spending others money as long as it is not yours .

----------------------------------------- it was fine , 205 million and i was a 20 year old young adult working on the Railroad . i got hired in 68 or 69 by filling out a paper application that asked , WHO do you know and are you related to them ?? All the guys i worked with were local boys from the area . A 'union' Railroad with maybe a hundred miles of Rail not including the Yards . We were hauling iron ore from the Masabe Range to our ore dock on Lake Superior . It was fine and not a third worlder to be seen anywhere and everyone made good union money and benefits .

Absolutely. Until this immigration thing came along, the previous leftist cry was about overpopulation here and across the world. Now they are okay with it.

Now they are saying we have to keep growing. Why? What would be wrong with only having 150 million people in the US?

As Flopper claims, we need more people to do the work. Okay, but wouldn't we be in the same position if we had 500, 700, or 900 million people in the US? After all, what creates work is consumption. The more people buy, the more work needed to supply the buyers.

So all their reasons for immigration are a smoke screen. If we have to pay more for lettuce or grapes to keep them out, then so be it.

Last edited:

Absolutely. Until this immigration thing came along, the previous leftist cry was about overpopulation here and across the world. Now they are okay with it.

Now they are saying we have to keep growing. Why? What would be wrong with only having 150 million people in the US?

As Flopper claims, we need more people to do the work. Okay, but would't we be in the same position if we had 500, 700, or 900 million people in the US? After all, what creates work is consumption. The more people buy, the more work needed to supply the buyers.

So all their reasons for immigration are a smoke screen. If we have to pay more for lettuce or grapes to keep them out, then so be it.

We do not need anymore taco stands ,used tire shops,scrapers or Mexican restaurants in United states

Let's face it, the United States is preferable to 90% of the countries on Earth, including a lot of the ones in Europe. Personally, I think it's better than any other country on Earth.

I'm with you on that one, we are the greatest country on earth in spite of what the liberals claim. Notice they never leave for any of these other socialist utopias they constantly praise.

And as I asked Coyote, how many countries would she like to move into the USA? She never provided an answer.

If word ever got out that we are a virtual open border country, South America will be the least of our problems. They will be coming by the hundreds of millions in boats and planes from all over the world. It's simply not feasible.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
i think that the reason for wanting a growing population is simply Redistribution of MONEY . Take that town in Vermont [whats the name] . Anyway , the town was going to heck because of small declining population and no money being spent in the town to support the businesses and tax base . --- SO , what did they do , they imported 'somali bantus' . And then they gave these 'somalis' taxpayer money [welfare] that was then spent in the towns businesses , housing and everything else . But , if the town is recovering its recovering due to giving taxpayer money or welfare to imported 'somali' third worlders and then the 'somalis' can take over the town with their votes and organizations . Just a comment that might be responded to by any resident of this Vermont town if they are on the board . And i think that there are a couple of those type residents on this board .

I'm with you on that one, we are the greatest country on earth in spite of what the liberals claim. Notice they never leave for any of these other socialist utopias they constantly praise.

And as I asked Coyote, how many countries would she like to move into the USA? She never provided an answer.

If word ever got out that we are a virtual open border country, South America will be the least of our problems. They will be coming by the hundreds of millions in boats and planes from all over the world. It's simply not feasible.
/----/ Don't the democRATs think they will be voted out of office and replaced with the immigrants? Look what happened in NY with the career democRAT who got primaried out? I wonder what he's thinking now.
images

"But, but, but....." "Go home Gringo."

/----/ Don't the democRATs think they will be voted out of office and replaced with the immigrants? Look what happened in NY with the career democRAT who got primaried out? I wonder what he's thinking now.
images

"But, but, but....." "Go home Gringo."
--------------------------------- EXCELLENT Example Cellblock [chuckle] !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back