What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known a lot of business owners, I've been one several times. Leftists running their businesses don't practice any of the policies you idiots preach in politics. That's why leftism is a failure. It's based on a lie that you won't do yourselves

I don't know anyone who can run a business by a strict ideological dogma, do you?

Most conservatives don't hire illegals and the businesses who hire illegals are not just run by conservatives. Most conservatives think they should be fined or jailed. This just isn't accurate

Really?

I've worked at two companies that knew damned well that the "day laborers" the temp company sent over weren't here legally. And both cases,the bosses were right wing assholes.

Temp agencies are supposed to check out their own workers--not their customers.

I wonder how Joe knew they weren't here legally. Probably they had a Mexican accent and he was using his bigotry

Or maybe his supervisor told him since they (somehow) knew they were illegals as well. :21::21::21:

Yep. I've known a lot of Mexican workers. I've never known them to go around telling people they are here illegally. Particularly if they are working. I have no idea which are and are not legal. Apparently Joe does, he knows them from his Archie Bunker stereotyping

Yep. I've known a lot of Mexican workers. I've never known them to go around telling people they are here illegally. Particularly if they are working. I have no idea which are and are not legal. Apparently Joe does, he knows them from his Archie Bunker stereotyping

Well, no, we knew that because they barely spoke English and they'd go back to Mexico after a certain amount of time.

But I'm sure you make sure that you studiously "don't know'. That's the point, we all pretend we "don't know' when we get a benefit.

Well, no, we knew that because they barely spoke English and they'd go back to Mexico after a certain amount of time.

But I'm sure you make sure that you studiously "don't know'. That's the point, we all pretend we "don't know' when we get a benefit.

Mexicans do that all the time legal or illegal. They put 20 people in a three bedroom home and able to live off of shit money. The leftover money gets sent back over the border, and they use it once their Visa or work permit expires and they return home.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Most conservatives don't hire illegals and the businesses who hire illegals are not just run by conservatives. Most conservatives think they should be fined or jailed. This just isn't accurate

Really?

I've worked at two companies that knew damned well that the "day laborers" the temp company sent over weren't here legally. And both cases,the bosses were right wing assholes.

Temp agencies are supposed to check out their own workers--not their customers.

I wonder how Joe knew they weren't here legally. Probably they had a Mexican accent and he was using his bigotry

Or maybe his supervisor told him since they (somehow) knew they were illegals as well. :21::21::21:

It's like people in prison. Ask any one of them, and none of them ever did the crime they were sent there for.

I live with illegal aliens from MEXICO. I have no Idea what the numbers are. 27 million. It's staggering the numbers. And Mexicans have this pride in la raza and Mexico and their "culture" and they will NOT acclimate. out of pride. Anyone else we would call that arrogance and cultural imperialism. Mexicans seem to see themselves as a gift to mankind. Above question . Why act like Mexicans above the law? Nobody, not even poor Mexicans with kids, NOBODY is above ANY law.
What do you mean Mexicans won't assimilate. They have been assimilating in American culture for hundreds of years. Undocumented immigrants general do not assimilate, regardless of nationality because they lack documentation and are here illegally.
This is actually incorrect.

Undocumented immigrants do in fact assimilate, learn English, and contribute to society as a whole.

And that one might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s in the country ‘illegally’ – due process must be first afforded before a determination is made by an immigration court that an undocumented immigrant is not entitled to asylum and refugee status, and entered the country absent authorization.

This illustrates the tragedy of Republicans hostile to immigration reform.

Immigration reform measures will have a provision for due process allowing those undocumented to acknowledge they entered the country absent authorization, pay any appropriate fines, fees, and taxes owed, meet other conditions and requirements, and start the process of becoming LPRAs and eventually citizens.

Of course, Republicans oppose immigration reform because of their unwarranted fear of immigration and wrongheaded animosity toward immigrants.
I should have said being undocumented makes it more difficult to assimilate into the culture. The lack of proper documentation and fear of exposure makes people trepidatious, particularly around police and government workers. Activities such as renewing a drivers license, meeting with school personnel about your children, changing jobs, disputing a traffic ticket, or just about any activity that draws public attention can be a landmine.

My grandson dated a girl in high school whose parents were undocumented. She was born in the US but both parents overstayed visas many years ago. They settled in the US, and raised a family.

Although the family spoke English, lived in a nice house in the suburbs, they were always reluctant to do anything that would call attention to the family. They wanted their kids to excel but not to standout. The parents wanted better jobs but were reluctant to change jobs. I suspect that many families do not do as well as this family assimilating into our culture.

I live with illegal aliens from MEXICO. I have no Idea what the numbers are. 27 million. It's staggering the numbers. And Mexicans have this pride in la raza and Mexico and their "culture" and they will NOT acclimate. out of pride. Anyone else we would call that arrogance and cultural imperialism. Mexicans seem to see themselves as a gift to mankind. Above question . Why act like Mexicans above the law? Nobody, not even poor Mexicans with kids, NOBODY is above ANY law.
What do you mean Mexicans won't assimilate. They have been assimilating in American culture for hundreds of years. Undocumented immigrants general do not assimilate, regardless of nationality because they lack documentation and are here illegally.

Undocumented immigrants do in fact assimilate, learn English, and contribute to society as a whole.

And that one might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s in the country ‘illegally’ – due process must be first afforded before a determination is made by an immigration court that an undocumented immigrant is not entitled to asylum and refugee status, and entered the country absent authorization.

Immigration reform measures will have a provision for due process allowing those undocumented to acknowledge they entered the country absent authorization, pay any appropriate fines, fees, and taxes owed, meet other conditions and requirements, and start the process of becoming LPRAs and eventually citizens.

Of course, Republicans oppose immigration reform because of their unwarranted fear of immigration and wrongheaded animosity toward immigrants.
I should have said being undocumented makes it more difficult to assimilate into the culture. The lack of proper documentation and fear of exposure makes people trepidatious, particularly around police and government workers. Activities such as renewing a drivers license, meeting with school personnel about your children, changing jobs, disputing a traffic ticket, or just about any activity that draws public attention can be a landmine.

My grandson dated a girl in high school whose parents were undocumented. She was born in the US but both parents overstayed visas many years ago. They settled in the US, and raised a family.

Although the family spoke English, lived in a nice house in the suburbs, they were always reluctant to do anything that would call attention to the family. They wanted their kids to excel but not to standout. The parents wanted better jobs but were reluctant to change jobs. I suspect that many families do not do as well as this family assimilating into our culture.

And I have the perfect solution to that: kick their asses out of the country.

You just said it well: these illegals lived in the suburbs, had jobs, had drivers licenses, sent their kids to our schools, let their Visa's expire without a second thought. And no, I don't call them undocumented, I call them illegals because that's what they are. Calling illegals undocumented is like calling the guy that broke into your house an uninvited guest.

I don't know where these people are from, but don't you think they talked to their family back home and told them about how nobody will bother you if you are here illegally? This is what has to stop.

Of course they do. That's why our police on the souther border have to know Spanish. That's why we are becoming a bilingual country against our will. That's why they ask me what language I want my ballot in when I go to vote; because these people are assimilating so well.

Yes, in other words, amnesty, just like the Democrats want. The more minorities in the country, the more likely Democrat votes. Plus many of the "legal" immigrants end up on our already strained social programs.
Learning the language is a key component of assimilating into a culture.

Since you seem to have no interest in understanding the viewpoint of anyone from a foreign country, learning a foreign language would be waste of your time.

No one is forcing you to be bilingual. 80% of this country speaks only English. Furthermore, most people in this country whose native language is not English speak English as a second language. However, just as Americans abroad, they prefer their native tongue.

Since Mexico won’t play ball let’s just shepherd them by the truckload right up to the Canadian border, turn about Is fair play, and the wide open spaces of Canada can be their new home in need of “poor and tired and deadbeat”

You just said it well: these illegals lived in the suburbs, had jobs, had drivers licenses, sent their kids to our schools, let their Visa's expire without a second thought. And no, I don't call them undocumented, I call them illegals because that's what they are. Calling illegals undocumented is like calling the guy that broke into your house an uninvited guest.

I don't know where these people are from, but don't you think they talked to their family back home and told them about how nobody will bother you if you are here illegally? This is what has to stop.
No, a person is an illegal immigrant only when the court says so. That is how our judicial system works. There is always a presumption of innocence regardless of the evidence. It is the foundation of American Jurisprudence

Also, half of those that are undocumented entered the country legally and are not in violation of any criminal statue.

No, a person is an illegal immigrant only when the court says so. That is how our judicial system works. There is always a presumption of innocence regardless of the evidence. It is the foundation of American Jurisprudence

Also, half of those that are undocumented entered the country legally and are not in violation of any criminal statue.
Incorrect
Forms of visual observation as well as conduct are sufficient for arrest. You are criminal by your own act, no court Must declare you so
A guy pointing a gun does not go to court first and become arrested second

Since Mexico won’t play ball let’s just shepherd them by the truckload right up to the Canadian border, turn about Is fair play, and the wide open spaces of Canada can be their new home in need of “poor and tired and deadbeat”
Why should the Mexican government "playball" with the US on immigration? It is certainly not their responsibility to defend the US border. The US president has displayed nothing but hostility, threats and insults toward the goverment and the people of Mexico.

Exactly how do you expect the Mexican government to defend the US border?

I've known a lot of business owners, I've been one several times. Leftists running their businesses don't practice any of the policies you idiots preach in politics. That's why leftism is a failure. It's based on a lie that you won't do yourselves

I don't know anyone who can run a business by a strict ideological dogma, do you?

Leftists don't practice your ideology at all in your daily lives. That's why your policies have such a horrible track record. You assume people are willing to not act in their own interest, and you're not even willing to do that even though you advocate it.

That's why libertarian policies are the only ones that do work. We know that people will act in their own interest, so our policies are designed to leverage that for everyone's benefit

Why should the Mexican government "playball" with the US on immigration? It is certainly not their responsibility to defend the US border. The US president has displayed nothing but hostility, threats and insults toward the goverment and the people of Mexico.

Now see, I was about to agree with your post, and you as typical have to go into your racist, race whoring crap. "The US president has displayed nothing but hostility, threats and insults toward the goverment and the people of Mexico."

No, he's not. We're against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION you piece of shit garbage jackass

--------------------------- personally , i want NO help from 'mexico' or other third world zhithole countries . 'zhithole' countries help and then they expect respect and handshakes and then something in return . Its far past time for the USA to stand on its own 2 feet and handle its own problems with the current and future invasions of third worlders . ------------- GO Trump !!

I had a Mexican family clean my business every weekend. The parents barely spoke English. Their two daughters who spoke perfect English helped them. They also called me every January asking for their 1099 so they could do their taxes.

You on the other hand assume that any Mexican is an illegal alien because you're a big-ot. At least you admitted that

Incorrect
Forms of visual observation as well as conduct are sufficient for arrest. You are criminal by your own act, no court Must declare you so
Being arrested does not make you guilty of anything. Without a fair trial, victims can have no confidence that justice will be done. Without fair trials, trust in government and the rule of law collapses. It doesn't matter whether the accused is a kid sneaking across the border or someone accused of a mass murder, the principals are the same and violating those principals will lead to the same results.

Incorrect
Being arrested does not make you guilty of anything. Without a fair trial, victims can have no confidence that justice will be done. Without fair trials, trust in government and the rule of law collapses. It doesn't matter whether the accused is a kid sneaking across the border or someone accused of a mass murder, the principals are the same and violating those principals will lead to the same results.

That's just stupid. You either are or are not in the country legally and if you are you can prove it.

You can't provide unequivocal documentation that you didn't commit a crime.

I guess that's why you need to rely on race whoring and the endless conflating of illegal aliens with legal immigrants. You're an idiot

By not permitting sanctuary traffic thru their country and into ours

All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id. It could be renewable annually and function as a visa as well. A simple fee or fine could make it happen.

Applied Capitalism won't do for the right wing. Socialism on national basis is the Only thing for them.
That seems like a good idea. Let me explain something you may not be aware of.

Immigration and Customs do not track who leaves the country, only who enters. ICE can tell you who entered the country, when they entered, and when their visa expires. They do not track where visa holders reside in the US. So as the head ICE testified before congress, they can not determine with any accuracy who is in the country nor can they tell where they are. Since most people that enter the country with a visa do not have social security numbers data mining does not produce good results.

Finding people that overstay their visas is often difficult, costly, and not worth the effort. When they are discovered, their fate is determined in civil court not criminal courts where over half the cases are resolved in voluntary removals which carry no ban on re-entry. However, most people that are found can not be removed from the US for multiple reasons covered by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back