What if there is no god?

If there's no god(s) then we're simply a highly evolved animal this planet has seen fit to give a chance to evolve. When we die all consciousness ceases.

If there is a god or gods, which ones?

My working hypothesis is different though and says the words we use are important. We might be wrong about gods existing in the sense of supernatural beings with superpowers, but not wrong in the sense that beings exist humans encountered and called gods being able to do things we couldn't/can't. An alien for example even to modern humans would be as much a god as matters. Sheer technological hurdles of interstellar travel alone would ensure that. So it might simply be that the religious descriptions of the nature of gods is wrong, but not the overall idea that more highly evolved beings we've taken to calling gods instead of aliens exist.

Just wanna distance myself here from the bs seris Ancient Aliens. :) My thinking is like that, but not in the sense that every kinda remarkable human achievement was the result of alien assistance. :)

Bottomline= you don't want to believe in God because you love your "pet sins" FACE THE TRUTH!

If there's no god(s) then we're simply a highly evolved animal this planet has seen fit to give a chance to evolve. When we die all consciousness ceases.

My working hypothesis is different though and says the words we use are important. We might be wrong about gods existing in the sense of supernatural beings with superpowers, but not wrong in the sense that beings exist humans encountered and called gods being able to do things we couldn't/can't. An alien for example even to modern humans would be as much a god as matters. Sheer technological hurdles of interstellar travel alone would ensure that. So it might simply be that the religious descriptions of the nature of gods is wrong, but not the overall idea that more highly evolved beings we've taken to calling gods instead of aliens exist.

Just wanna distance myself here from the bs seris Ancient Aliens. :) My thinking is like that, but not in the sense that every kinda remarkable human achievement was the result of alien assistance. :)

Bottomline= you don't want to believe in God because you love your "pet sins" FACE THE TRUTH!
Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Therefore, his bill is already paid

I absolutely believe in G-d. I just don't believe in the conventional religious ideas of it being some kind of supernatural 'ghost.' To me, anything real functions by way of science, even G-d. As to whether what a given religous system says is a sin really displeases G-d, whatever G-d may be, is immaterial to me. Insofar as systems go, I like Judaism because it's rules are very throough and adequate to live by as a 'rule book.' Part of that rulebook says homosexuality is bad and I've wrestled with my obediance to the rules and my own enjoyment of sex with my own sex.

What I've come to realize is 100% compliance with Jewish Law is literally impossible. There's so many things we shouldn't do that if we didn't do any of them we'd be reduced to hermits hiding in our homes never going out for fear of commiting some obscure sin. Thus, that some things are sinful is less about 'G-d'll hate you if you do this or that,' and more about teaching us how living our lives well involves compromise. But we should at least try not to sin. In my case, I limit my sin of homosexuality to men I feel genuine love and connection with. I don't sleep around and my relationships are seperated by years. And since it's one of my very few sins (not too good about eating Kosher heh) compared to those who hate others regularly, I think I'm better thought of by G-d than some.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, you win the trophy for biggest holier than thou fake christian! We all see it. You have no love in you, you are a worker of iniquity. Now flake off.

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, you win the trophy for biggest holier than thou fake christian! We all see it. You have no love in you, you are a worker of iniquity. Now flake off.

God hates sin, I hate sin,my sin,your sin.all sin. Thank God for Jesus, jesus paid mankind's sin debt,believe and accept Jesus as your lord and savior!

God hates sin, I hate sin,my sin,your sin.all sin. Thank God for Jesus, jesus paid mankind's sin debt,believe and accept Jesus as your lord and savior!

He is my saviour, now I can sin with a clear conscience.

So I can see it? For what purpose? :lol: You people... :cuckoo:
if you can't see it now it's because your lifetime of indoctrination precludes it.
the purpose ,separating fact for fiction....

I hate to break it to you Daws, but you sound and act much more 'indoctrinated' than anyone else participating in this thread. Why such bitterness and hate, where does that come from? If you have personal issues, go and deal with them, quit bashing and insulting people you know nothing about. If you can be moral without religion, why don't you show it?
you're far TOO DELICATE FOR THIS WORK ...
there is nothing more moral then directness...
you proclaiming I'm indoctrinated beside being patently false is damn funny.
you as always are mistaking bitterness and hate, for tenacity te·na·cious adjective \tə-ˈnā-shəs\
: not easily stopped or pulled apart : firm or strong

: continuing for a long time.

God did not create evil.evil is satan and man's creation=proof is man creates evil everyday!!!
Like god, satan is a man-made invention conceptualized over 2,000 years ago in order to make sense of evil that existed at that time. Today, psychology has come a long way to understanding anti-social behavior, which includes violence, torture, and terrorism. Gone is the little red man with horns, tail, and a pitch fork. Time to wake up to reality.

If we understand evil so well, why is it still around?
and you claim not to be stupid....
good and evil cannot exists with out each other.
"evil" is just as much a part of human nature as "good"

Can't attack the argument, then go for the poster. :clap2:

If God created everything, then why create evil? :dunno:

God did not create evil.evil is satan and man's creation=proof is man creates evil everyday!!!
Like god, satan is a man-made invention conceptualized over 2,000 years ago in order to make sense of evil that existed at that time. Today, psychology has come a long way to understanding anti-social behavior, which includes violence, torture, and terrorism. Gone is the little red man with horns, tail, and a pitch fork. Time to wake up to reality.
bump!

Because we are human.

Compared to... what? Animals? Why aren't animals 'evil'?
some other animals are.
that brings up another sticking point about Christians and religion in general.. the belief that we are some how not animals.

Are humans animals?

Yes, humans are animals. The human's phylum is Chordata (vertebrate). The human's class is mammalia. It's order is primate (the same as apes). It's family is Hominidae (apes that have no tail and can gather food with their hands.) The Human's sub-family is Homininae. It's tribe is Hominini. It's genus is Homo and it's specie is scientifically named Homo Sapiens.
Are humans animals.
our closest relatives chimps, commit murder and rape...

I have a question for all the believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

How would your life be affected?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

This question was already addressed by Paul aka Apollonius

Eat Drink and be Merry for tomorrow we Die.

Last edited:

Evil is not natural, it's the opposite of it, as in un-natural. Evil can't exist without creation, but creation CAN exist without evil. Creation created evil, but evil can't destroy creation. Positive energy creates, negative energy destroys. But positive energy is never destroyed. Negative energy's function is destruction. So by design, it will eventually destroy itself.

Last edited:

Evil is not natural, it's the opposite of it, as in un-natural. Evil can't exist without creation, but creation CAN exist without evil. Creation created evil, but evil can't destroy creation. Positive energy creates, negative energy destroys. But positive energy is never destroyed. Negative energy's function is destruction. So by design, it will eventually destroy itself.
sorry false! all living things carry a positive and negative charge one cannot and will not exist without the other.
it's the balance of the two that drives exsistance

sorry false! all living things carry a positive and negative charge one cannot and will not exist without the other.

Where are your scientific studies on that? Positive and negative electric 'charge' are not 'good' and 'evil'. You made a statement that good cannot exist without evil and vice versa, what are you basing that on?

Where are your scientific studies on that? Positive and negative electric 'charge' are not 'good' and 'evil'. You made a statement that good cannot exist without evil and vice versa, what are you basing that on?
you prove you own stupidity with each and every post.
I'll try to maKE THIS SIMPLE good and evil are concepts or if you like, comparisons!
you could not know what "good" is if there was nothing to contrast it against.
the same goes for evil.
another example is sweet and sour.
you forget we are taught what is good and what is evil for this society.those rules may be completely reversed in another society.
the only inherent "good" in nature is procreation and reproduction of any given species.
the only inherent "evil" is interfering or stopping procreation and reproduction.
but then again good and evil are man made concepts..

In religion, ethics, and philosophy, "good and evil" is a common dichotomy. In cultures with Manichaean and Abrahamic religious influence, evil is usually perceived as the dualistic antagonistic opposite of good, in which good should prevail and evil should be defeated.[1] In cultures with Buddhist spiritual influence, both good and evil are perceived as part of an antagonistic duality that itself must be overcome through achieving Śūnyatā meaning emptiness in the sense of recognition of good and evil being two opposing principles but not a reality, emptying the duality of them, and achieving a oneness.[1]

Origin of the concept[edit]

Further information: Origins of morality and Morality

Every language has a word expressing good in the sense of "having the right or desirable quality" (ἀρετή) and bad in the sense "undesirable". A sense of moral judgment and a distinction "right and wrong, good and bad" are cultural universals.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_and_evil

Last edited:

I'll try to maKE THIS SIMPLE good and evil are concepts or if you like, comparisons!
the same goes for evil.
you forget we are taught what is good and what is evil for this society.those rules may be completely reversed in another society.
the only inherent "good" in nature is procreation and reproduction of any given species.
the only inherent "evil" is interfering or stopping procreation and reproduction.

In religion, ethics, and philosophy, "good and evil" is a common dichotomy. In cultures with Manichaean and Abrahamic religious influence, evil is usually perceived as the dualistic antagonistic opposite of good, in which good should prevail and evil should be defeated.[1] In cultures with Buddhist spiritual influence, both good and evil are perceived as part of an antagonistic duality that itself must be overcome through achieving Śūnyatā meaning emptiness in the sense of recognition of good and evil being two opposing principles but not a reality, emptying the duality of them, and achieving a oneness.[1]

Every language has a word expressing good in the sense of "having the right or desirable quality" (ἀρετή) and bad in the sense "undesirable". A sense of moral judgment and a distinction "right and wrong, good and bad" are cultural universals.[2]

Good and evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey, asshole, I asked for scientific proof of good and evil, either provide it or shut the hell up.

You said:

back it up with science, moron, or don't you understand english?

the same goes for evil.

Good and evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey, asshole, I asked for scientific proof of good and evil, either provide it or shut the hell up.

You said:

back it up with science, moron, or don't you understand english?
I did.
here's another example ....all living things are made up of atoms, all atoms carry a positive or negative charge...that's basic science...
if you want to know more, do your own research...

Forum List

Back