What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

Do you really think they are an example of anything?

Yes! An example of a successful model of creating and rewarding wealth by insuring that all within their subsystem have a fairly equal opportunity at it while not spreading it too thin by controlling access. Not entirely dissimilar to how Hawaii controls land ownership from getting out of control by limiting it to only native born people. Both are a testament to EXACTLY WHY illegal immigration is wrong. Not only are they largely non-producers, but America is choking in its own over-population.

We dont have that privilege. The ruling elites have already destroyed our nationhood with immigrants.
But again I point out that the UAE does it with no income taxes. And they arent Marxist enough to try and redistribute wealth..in fact they are one of the worlds last absolute monarchies. Their income inequality is huge. Which is of course not a problem.
I approve the idea of self care and self help. But it has to be defined by something other than force ie government. That is obviously not working.

The ruling elites have formed a coalition of the very very wealthy and the poor underclass to pick the bones of the working class. And they do it by appeals to emotion. "oh look how sad that person cant work..you should pay him"
It is an extremely powerful and stable coalition. The people funding it have no say in it.

You are the one who made up a bogus definition of poverty, as I pointed out several pages ago. You never responded, because you can't. You know your whole thread is based on total shit.
The actual definition of poverty, again, for the slow:
poverty
noun, often attributive
pov·er·ty | \ˈpä-vər-tē \
Definition of poverty

1a: the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions

b: renunciation as a member of a religious order of the right as an individual to own property

2: SCARCITY, DEARTH

3a: debility due to malnutrition

b: lack of fertility

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

"The typical poor household, as defined by the government, has a car and air conditioning, two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR.

By its own report, the typical poor family was not hungry, was able to obtain medical care when needed.

The typical average poor American has more living space in his home than the average (non-poor) European has."
Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?
You're repeating yourself with stats that have been shown to be out of date and manipulated by a super-conservative group. It's not even interesting anymore.

1. It must really irk you being revealed as a sucker.

Here's more of what you deserve:

2. In fact, since

President Obama took office, federal welfare

spending has increased by 41 percent, more

than $193 billion per year. Despite this government largess, more than 46 million Americans continue to live in poverty. Despite nearly $15

trillion in total welfare spending since Lyndon

Johnson declared war on poverty in 1964, the

poverty rate is perilously close to where we began more than 40 years ago.

3. Throwing money at the problem has neither

reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient

a….the dramatically larger increase also suggests that part

of the program’s growth is due to conscious

policy choices by this administration to ease

eligibility rules and expand caseloads….income limits for eligibility have

risen twice as fast as inflation since 2007

and are now roughly 10 percent higher than

they were when Obama took office. Casey Mulligan, “The Sharp Increase in

the Food Stamps Program,” Economix,

The Sharp Increase in the Food Stamps Program

Study: More Than Half a Trillion Dollars Spent on Welfare But Poverty Levels Unaffected

I sure wish stupidity was painful.
That's not very nice to say.

Did you ever hear of the Great Recession we had? Your stats come from that time when we were losing up to half a million jobs per month. People were losing their homes left and right. The ripple effect was felt by all. Small businesses closed. Yes, benefits were made easier to get; those middle class folks with roofs and tv's who were suddenly unemployed needed to eat, too.

False.

1. Typical propaganda.

Here's Reuters refuting it:
"The unemployment rate announced three days after his election was 6.5%....not particularly terrible. But it was the only economic news, and had Obama insisting we were suffering "the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression." Obama: U.S. in worst crisis since Depression | Reuters

2. The Democrat vote-buying scam has nothing to do with the condition of the economy.

a.. According to Obama administration projections, combined federal and state welfare spending will not drop significantly once the economy fully recovers. As we have seen, welfare spending has continued to increase. Office of Management and Budget, Analytical Perspectives: Budget of the U.S. Government, Fiscal
Year 2010 (Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2008), CD-ROM, Table 24-14, http:/ www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Analytical Perspectives.

b. According to these

projections, over the next 10 years, federal

and state governments will spend $250,000

for every American currently living in poverty, or $1 million for every poor family of

four. Ibid.

How many times must I prove that you are as dumb as asphalt, i.e., a reliable Democrat voter?
I'm not a Democrat, but I too wonder why so many Americans are still eligible for Food Stamps in this stellar economy? It's not an indication that people are lazy, it is an indication that people are underemployed and not "making it" in Trump's wonder world.

Judging by the number of Americans on food stamps, it doesn’t feel like one of the best job markets in almost a half century and the second-longest economic expansion on record.

Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, better known as food stamps, fell to 39.6 million in April, the most recent government data show. That’s down from a record 47.8 million in 2012, but as a share of the population it’s just back to where it was as the economy emerged from the longest and deepest downturn since the Great Depression.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Judging by the number of Americans on food stamps, it doesn’t feel like one of the best job markets in almost a

A lie. The only thing you can judge by the number of food stamp recipients is how effective the program is at pushing people on to it. They advertise on the radio and send school kids home with forms for gods sake.
So no you cant judge by the number n food stamps. Next you will say "judging by the number of people with government subsidized healthcare" when in fact the goal of the last administration was to expand government subsidized healthcare.

This is how the media lies.

[QUOTE="toobfreak, post: 21485381, member: 63059"
You say that as though the Left have offered any. The right preaches self-actualization and Independence as a way to autonomy, the left preaches class envy, unity and victimization. Both have been in power, both get rich themselves while little else changes, but at least self-actualization has the POTENTIAL of reaching autonomy.[/QUOTE]

No they havent both been in power. We have elected Republicans many times and demanded independence. But it never happened. So obviously both havent been in power.
Only Trump blasted through the fake right.

Go teach that about 1000 miles to the south of you.
Let's upgrade Ellis Island and take advantage of some capital opportunities.
Let's not. Go home.
this is not about equality; you have to lose and i have to win; it is about superiority.

We have a general welfare clause and a common defense clause not a general warfare clause nor a common offense clause, nor even a wall building or border security clause.
You should all move to Messiko, you'd be happier there.
maybe, when i have a petty cash fund for that purpose. a home here a home there makes it more convenient and provides more options for any season.
Maybe when you've picked enough fruit, you can upgrade to a favella. :biggrin:

Yes! An example of a successful model of creating and rewarding wealth by insuring that all within their subsystem have a fairly equal opportunity at it while not spreading it too thin by controlling access. Not entirely dissimilar to how Hawaii controls land ownership from getting out of control by limiting it to only native born people. Both are a testament to EXACTLY WHY illegal immigration is wrong. Not only are they largely non-producers, but America is choking in its own over-population.

America is most certainly not “overpopulated.”

If you pay people because they CAN'T work, they'll at least have a chance at some quality of life or eventually making a contribution.

OK. Non sarcastic question here. When you say "you" you mean the government? And by government you mean the Federal government? No other solutions?
How about your local library? Why doesn't it pay people who CANT work"?

Well, sure, there are options other than the Fed if you can just find them! remember, the Fed has no money of their own, every penny they spend came from someone else. AS to the local library, etc., good luck asking them. Go to the Library, your Church, even your congressman and ask. You might get a little help, but the individual is by and large kept poor by the government. So while you might get a little one time help, the church and library will usually refer you to your congressman. And asked, your congressman will usually refer you to the local library and church.

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!
Yup…you’ve been double-lied to….and you bought it like it was on sale.

The thread will concentrate on the latter lie.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

2. If you have cable TV….you’re not poor.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

4. If you live in the city, and you have a car….you’re not poor.
Let's upgrade Ellis Island and take advantage of some capital opportunities.
Let's not. Go home.
this is not about equality; you have to lose and i have to win; it is about superiority.

We have a general welfare clause and a common defense clause not a general warfare clause nor a common offense clause, nor even a wall building or border security clause.
maybe, when i have a petty cash fund for that purpose. a home here a home there makes it more convenient and provides more options for any season.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.

What we must never allow is a questioning of the system or power structure. If it just so happens that 1 in 5 american children grows up in poverty, well, it can never be the system we have constructed, it is just that it turns out that we are say ~80% exceptional as a nation. And as for children, the poor ones could easily be caged into a for profit internment center. It is after all their fault that US worker productivity was divorced from US worker compensation back in the early 1970s. These paupers better take a long hard look at the 2 little brown poor kids we allowed to die over Christmas. Get up and get yourself "successful", or be demonized.

Right. Just in the overpopulated areas. Is that why it takes you hours to get around by highway in California or NYC? Wait I see a little empty space still left over in Montana. Everyone wants to live there! I guess that's why every city says their utilities and resources are stretched to the max and brownouts and electric grids are starting to ration electricity.

original.png

Judging by the number of Americans on food stamps, it doesn’t feel like one of the best job markets in almost a

A lie. The only thing you can judge by the number of food stamp recipients is how effective the program is at pushing people on to it. They advertise on the radio and send school kids home with forms for gods sake.
So no you cant judge by the number n food stamps. Next you will say "judging by the number of people with government subsidized healthcare" when in fact the goal of the last administration was to expand government subsidized healthcare.

In my state, the number of people eligible for Food Stamps has been cut way back in the past eight years under a Republican governor. From where I sit, it sure as hell doesn't look like the government is "pushing" food stamps. I don't know what kind of government you've got where you live.
There is no "lie" in that article. People are working (no unemployment) but not making ends meet.

Right. Just in the overpopulated areas. Is that why it takes you hours to get around by highway in California or NYC? Wait I see a little empty space still left over in Montana. Everyone wants to live there! I guess that's why every city says their utilities and resources are stretched to the max and brownouts and electric grids are starting to ration electricity.

View attachment 237426
So parts of america are overpopulated then? Yeah, the US is ignoring infrastructure as we choose endless war and global occupation and subsidization of the aristocracy instead. Turns out choices have consequences as well.

As generous as I am, my present today for our Democrat voters, is to remove any necessity for that hand-wringing, or living in that crisis-mode your masters keep you in.

Democrat voters….be prepared to be shocked: there is neither racism nor poverty in this country!

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

More ways to get money without putting your hand in your neighbor’s pocket….next.

What we must never allow is a questioning of the system or power structure. If it just so happens that 1 in 5 american children grows up in poverty, well, it can never be the system we have constructed, it is just that it turns out that we are say ~80% exceptional as a nation. And as for children, the poor ones could easily be caged into a for profit internment center. It is after all their fault that US worker productivity was divorced from US worker compensation back in the early 1970s. These paupers better take a long hard look at the 2 little brown poor kids we allowed to die over Christmas. Get up and get yourself "successful", or be demonized.
Welcome, H.B. Well said. Good to have you here.
stollen-picture-id1064270948

In my state, the number of people eligible for Food Stamps has been cut way back in the past eight years under a Republican governor. From where I sit, it sure as hell doesn't look like the government is "pushing" food stamps. I don't know what kind of government you've got where you live.
There is no "lie" in that article. People are working (no unemployment) but not making ends meet.
There you go questions the system, that's a no no madam.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Thank ya mam, much obliged.

Henry Berry Lowrie

1. Show me where anything I have posted isn't true.

The only way there is poverty in this nation is if you make up a bogus definition of poverty.

Control of the language allows the Liberals to inject a Charles Dickens image of poverty...., complete with orphanages and poor houses.

It is false, as I have proven throughout this thread.”

Stick with an accurate definition....no home, no heat, no food.....and it doesn't exist.
You are the one who made up a bogus definition of poverty, as I pointed out several pages ago. You never responded, because you can't. You know your whole thread is based on total shit.
poverty
noun, often attributive
Definition of poverty

1a: the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions

b: renunciation as a member of a religious order of the right as an individual to own property

"The typical poor household, as defined by the government, has a car and air conditioning, two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR.

By its own report, the typical poor family was not hungry, was able to obtain medical care when needed.

The typical average poor American has more living space in his home than the average (non-poor) European has."
Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?
What you typed is correct. But there are massive variations with people living in communities. Within what you spout is others within who live with social benefits for themselves but the homes are in terrible shape. Stealing electricity and non existent plumbing exists in many cities. In extreme cold the toilets are frozen with feces in them. Fires galore with illegal electrical hookups and kerosene heaters in enclosed spaces. And the reason a percentage of this exists is because of what you spout. What are priorities?

Interesting post, 22.....but you are softening the blow.

I have no such intention....I want to make it clear what saps Democrat voters are.

Real poverty must be addressed....but this is not what Liberal government does. It buys votes of people willing to take the bribe.

Other than the lmentally ill who the Democrats threw out of hospitals where they belong, and folks who want to live in tents and filth.....there is no real poverty in America.

Poverty is no home, no heat, no food.

Go by that definition, and see how many there really are.
Democrats threw the mentally ill out of hospitals and the republicans gave them weapons to shoot up concerts, churches, schools, synagogues, etc. Fair enough.
Reagan was behind that and as usual the Republicans did not follow through, just cut services and never replaced them.

View attachment 237426

You don't really believe that ....do you????

1. "The entire world population could fit in the state of Texas and it’d only have the population density of New York City!
There are 6.8 billion people on Earth. Calculations show that if we wanted to make everyone in Earth live on a space that had the same population density as New York City, we could fit everyone in about 666,265 square kilometers, which is less than the size of Texas!.

Not only does that leave the other 49 United States open, but it leaves all the other countries clear and open, too. So, it is pretty safe to say that we have enough space, the entire world except Texas, to farm and ranch for our food supply.

Would water be a problem, though? It's calculated that we need 350 billion liters of water per day to properly hydrate 6.8 billion people. It seems like a lot, but the Columbia River alone could produce that amount in less than a day. By the way, the Columbia River is the U.S.’s fourth largest river. So, again, that leaves the rest of the world’s water supply open and ready to serve. So, we’re not really overpopulated." http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/10333...-have-the-population-density-of-New-York-City

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Damn you, OL. Quit making me hungry. :D

poverty
noun, often attributive
Definition of poverty

What you typed is correct. But there are massive variations with people living in communities. Within what you spout is others within who live with social benefits for themselves but the homes are in terrible shape. Stealing electricity and non existent plumbing exists in many cities. In extreme cold the toilets are frozen with feces in them. Fires galore with illegal electrical hookups and kerosene heaters in enclosed spaces. And the reason a percentage of this exists is because of what you spout. What are priorities?

Interesting post, 22.....but you are softening the blow.

I have no such intention....I want to make it clear what saps Democrat voters are.

Real poverty must be addressed....but this is not what Liberal government does. It buys votes of people willing to take the bribe.

Other than the lmentally ill who the Democrats threw out of hospitals where they belong, and folks who want to live in tents and filth.....there is no real poverty in America.

Poverty is no home, no heat, no food.

Go by that definition, and see how many there really are.
Democrats threw the mentally ill out of hospitals and the republicans gave them weapons to shoot up concerts, churches, schools, synagogues, etc. Fair enough.
Reagan was behind that and as usual the Republicans did not follow through, just cut services and never replaced them.

A lie, your stock in trade.

JFK, a Democrat was 'behind that.'

It was Democrat JFK's plan
Carter continued it.
The plan was a failure....so Reagan turned it over to the states.

President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act to provide federal funding for the construction of community-based preventive care and treatment facilities. Between the Vietnam War and an economic crisis, the program was never adequately funded.

President Jimmy Carter signs the Mental Health Systems Act, which aims to restructure the community mental-health-center program and improve services for people with chronic mental illness.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.

TIMELINE: Deinstitutionalization And Its Consequences

See that, if not for JFK, you'd still be in the home.

You are poor???
Here....let me help:

Thank ya mam, much obliged.

Henry Berry Lowrie
Has Mario Cuomo said, Reagan made it acceptable to blame the poor. And make it as difficult and expensive as possible for them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. So now we have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history. Great job. Watch As Trump and the Republicans screw everything up as usual and it continues. Great job scumbag greedy idiot Rich bastard GOP and silly dupes. And congratulations on misinforming AND raping half the country.

You don't really believe that ....do you????
1. "The entire world population could fit in the state of Texas and it’d only have the population density of New York City!

There goes the political slut barking at the moon again. Whether actually true or not, it say nothing about resources and practicality. Water, electricity, food, sewerage, waste, transportation, roads, housing, education, medical care, carbon emissions and on and on, these are all strapped to the limit. You have mass quantities of people trying to invade the USA because their native lands cannot support them, mass migration from war torn places, islands of plastic floating in the ocean washing ashore; it goes on and on. Traffic, congestion, stress. The USA should have been capped off when it was 200 million. The traffic anymore even in the suburbs is unbearable.

Forum List

Back