What inferences can we make by looking at these two specimins?

Not so. We are very good at physiology. The differences in the marsupial skeleton would be noticed. It would be obvious that it was not like other canids.
If Canids no longer lived and all we had were fossils, then we would think it was a canid!
This is how we have discovered other instances of convergent evolution in the fossil record among exitinct species.
Very well show me one example of morphologically similar fossils where the animals no longer live and it is claimed they represent examples of convergent evolution.

So incredibly well studied and well evidenced.
Sarcasm? I'm pretty sure that's well established. I could be wrong though. I learned about it on a whale watching expedition near Cape Cod. The kicker is that the ancestor was quite small. Two feet in length. Basically a rodent.

Last edited:
If Canids no longer lived and all we had were fossils, then we would think it was a canid!
No. We would also have marsupial fossils.

And as I said, we have discovered examples of convergent evolution among species that are both extinct. In the fossil record.

So no, you're wrong.

Very well show me one example of morphologically similar fossils where the animals no longer live and it is claimed they represent examples of convergent evolution.
Why should I do that? Are you going to retract your false, ad hoc claims? Are you going to then rethink all of the incorrect things you have said about evolution, and then write a nice thank you letter to me for my effort?

You seem to think your job is to make up lies and sit there and grin, and my job is to do the work to debunk them.

I'm not the message board janitor.

Go read up. Look up examples of convergent evolution in the fossil record.

Start with the crab body form. That's the most robust example i know.

Both Mammals and Reptiles are Amniotes ... for a swore believer in evolution, you shore don't know much about it ... but heathen gotta heathen, right? ...
that doesnt answer my question,,

if they share an ancestor what did that ancestor mate with and how did it give birth to two different kinds of animals??

Whoa ... wait ... those hips will not pass for canine ... plus we have all the microscopic differences in the skull ... and this is what Fort Fun is referencing ...

A better example is water lily lotus ... traditionally considered very closely related in the same genus ... except DNA sequencing shows they're not even in the same taxonomic order !!! ... virtually identical morphology, but as far apart evolutionarily as ... well ... coyotes and opossums ...

that doesnt answer my question,,

if they share an ancestor what did that ancestor mate with and how did it give birth to two different kinds of animals??

I'm not sure I understand your question ... are you including recombinate DNA processes? ... sexual females always produce different individuals ... bacteria and algae clone themselves ... so here the evolutionary changes occur one base pair at a time ...

Do you not believe in inherited traits? ...

I'm not sure I understand your question ... are you including recombinate DNA processes? ... sexual females always produce different individuals ... bacteria and algae clone themselves ... so here the evolutionary changes occur one base pair at a time ...

Do you not believe in inherited traits? ...
the claim is they share an ancestor,, that is based on births,,

I and a distant cousin can trace our ancestry back decades if not centuries to see who gave birth to who that proves we share a common ancestor,,

so if these two share a common ancestor when and how did that ancestor give birth to two different kinds of animals and what did it mate with to do that??

having the same or similar chemical make up doesnt prove anything other than they are made from the same box of parts,,

Whoa ... wait ... those hips will not pass for canine ... plus we have all the microscopic differences in the skull ... and this is what Fort Fun is referencing ...

A better example is water lily lotus ... traditionally considered very closely related in the same genus ... except DNA sequencing shows they're not even in the same taxonomic order !!! ... virtually identical morphology, but as far apart evolutionarily as ... well ... coyotes and opossums ...
We are more closely related to the coyote than the thylacine is.

Fun fact.

the claim is they share an ancestor,, that is based on births,,

I and a distant cousin can trace our ancestry back decades if not centuries to see who gave birth to who that proves we share a common ancestor,,

so if these two share a common ancestor when and how did that ancestor give birth to two different kinds of animals and what did it mate with to do that??

having the same or similar chemical make up doesnt prove anything other than they are made from the same box of parts,,

Hundreds of billions of generations ... 300,000,000 years ... each and every small transition is fully documented in the DNA ...

Do you believe in inherited traits? ... blue-eyed parents produce blue-eyed children, or there's divorce attorneys involved ... right? ... any of the science done over the past 200 years make sense to you? ...

I'm beginning to think you don't trust in Sir Charles Darwin ... don't you believe in evolution? ...

Hundreds of billions of generations ... 300,000,000 years ... each and every small transition is fully documented in the DNA ...

Do you believe in inherited traits? ... blue-eyed parents produce blue-eyed children, or there's divorce attorneys involved ... right? ... any of the science done over the past 200 years make sense to you? ...

I'm beginning to think you don't trust in Sir Charles Darwin ... don't you believe in evolution? ...
that claim of DNA hasnt been proven nor does it mean one type of animal gave birth to a completely different kind of animal,,

it can however be explained that we were all made from the same box of ingredients

as for inherited traits,, thats just happenstance,,

not all blue eyed people give birth to blue eyed children,,

not all tall people give birth to tall people,, ect ect,,

it all depends on who they breed with just like dogs,
what is a great dane today doesnt mean it will be a great dane 5-10 generations down the line,,

darwin was proven wrong a long time ago,,

didnt you get the memo??

Forum List

Back