What is a Good Moniker for COVID19?

what would be a good name for COVID19?

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The Name COVID19 lends itself to mispronunciation and opaque in terms of information. 200 yeas from now, I doubt anyone will know this as COVID19 except for professionals in the medical community.

The 'street name' should be something more easily remembered by regular people who dont really get what 'corona' means, other than beer, nor what COVID stands for, and what the hell happened to COVID1-18?

So some people refer to COVID19 as the Wuhan Flu, which is inaccurate since it isnt a flu. But most protesting the use of that term feel like it is racist or demeaning to Chinese people. Joe Biden, who has his head firmly up Xi's ass defending the Chicom propaganda stance instead of his own President.

So what would be a good name for COVID19?

The Name COVID19 lends itself to mispronunciation and opaque in terms of information. 200 yeas from now, I doubt anyone will know this as COVID19 except for professionals in the medical community.

The 'street name' should be something more easily remembered by regular people who dont really get what 'corona' means, other than beer, nor what COVID stands for, and what the hell happened to COVID1-18?

So some people refer to COVID19 as the Wuhan Flu, which is inaccurate since it isnt a flu. But most protesting the use of that term feel like it is racist or demeaning to Chinese people. Joe Biden, who has his head firmly up Xi's ass defending the Chicom propaganda stance instead of his own President.

Trump's Katrina.

How can you mispronounce covid nine-teen???? :dunno:

corona virus disease of 2019

There are other Corona viruses, thus the 19, representing the year 2019.

Why do most of your names seem to imply Chinese responsibility?

Because it STARTED there, ya knucklehead.

Trump's Katrina.
How dare we say the left is politicizing a "crisis." It's ridiculous to say such a thing

Yet they have no problem pinning this virus on Trump

Trump's Katrina.
How dare we say the left is politicizing a "crisis." It's ridiculous to say such a thing
It's EXACTLY what they're doing. And they have to SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY blame it all on our president. Just dreadful.

We're not implying anything, they spawned it and Xi incubated it with his 6 week long coverup.

I'm fine with calling it Wuhan virus, I don't think it would be racist or anything like that.... it is simply the region the virus originated, like the Hong Kong Flu...

but it is not necessary to change the name, and it loses the connection to the mutations involved in the original Corona Virus, only this in a Novel (new) Corona virus, and that is important in the Biological Field, so it should stay with the name it has.... so both Medical and Research Scientists and us in the public, can know we are discussing the same thing.... when History is written.

If its bad enough, perhaps it doesn't even deserve a name in the first place. Why give it something that it would only be proud of?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The Chinese say it started in the good old USA and Nazi Don's military brought it to China.
Gee which pathological liar should I believe?????

Yet they have no problem pinning this virus on Trump

Oh that's not necessary. Some CPAC person, Matt Gaetz, Jair Bolsonaro's communications guy, Ivanka,.Mark Meadows and Bill Barr already have that covered.

Because the Chinese created COVID-19, they own it.

Forum List

Back