Zone1 What is a Jew?

lol rubbish. The synagogues is where Christianity spread first, from Jerusalem's to the Syrian and Greek synagogues on to Rome and the Russian steppes. It was the Babylonian cultists who banished Christians from the synagogues and started extermination campaigns against them, and not only Christians but Samaritan Jews, Mandaeans, and other Jewish sects who didn't toe the Babylonian Master Race line.
You may wish to rewrite history but you can't. Got any sources that back you up? I have Bart Ehrman.

Watching non-Jews try to explain things about Jews is like watching a four-year-old try to explain where babies come from.

Of course they have no idea of what they're talking about ... but it's so cute to watch them try.

191217-bilingual-storytelling-banner-677972.jpg

Watching non-Jews try to explain things about Jews is like watching a four-year-old try to explain where babies come from.

Of course they have no idea of what they're talking about ... but it's so cute to watch them try.

Yes, that's the line most Jewish racists are told to parrot all the time.

From my understanding, there are at least three possible definitions:

1) A person who can trace his lineage (DNA) back to the original tribe of Judah. It's a misnomer to call all the other 11 tribes "Jews" although there is an argument in favor of calling folks of the tribe of Benjamin, Jews.

Very few of those who claim to be Jews have any genetic links to the region.

2) Folks of any race who practice Judaism (a religion that traces back to the biblical Pharisees).

Correct. Modern Judaism traces from the Pharisees who founded a new cult around 130 A.D, or later, after the Bar Kokbha Revolt failed.

3) People who lived in or near the region known as Judea. These could be genetic or non-genetic "Jews." Similar to calling an Englishman who becomes a citizen of modern Israel and "Israeli."

The Orthodox don't consider Samaritans and other sects to be 'Jews'.

Then, in about the 8th century A.D., a large group of folks living near the Mongolian Huns called the Khazars converted to Judaism, en masses, and collectively took on the title "Jews."

Yes, most Ashkenazim are entirely European, with a very few tracing genetically to a town in modern day Iran, over a thousand miles away from what is now Israel or Judah.

The fact is the average Baptist is more Jewish theologically than rabbinical Orthodox and Hasidim. Most Christians are, actually.

I certainly agree with this, but what I am asking for is what is a Jew in the modern day.

Jews in general seem to be very ignorant of Jesus, the NT, and in some cases their own Hebrew Bible. I’d like to hear an explanation of why modern Judaism is so different than two thousand years ago.

'Modern Judaism' isn't a single sect. It has a lot of variations, same as Christianity does. The demographics of Jews in the U.S. is a lot different than the Jewish demographics of Israel, for one. there is no single answer.

But, it's a fact the Orthodox and Hasidim have no connection with the written Torah of Moses or the Jews of the pre-exile religion, and the Babylonians abandoned the Covenants with Ezra and the Temple cult.

I certainly agree with this, but what I am asking for is what is a Jew in the modern day.

Jews in general seem to be very ignorant of Jesus, the NT, and in some cases their own Hebrew Bible. I’d like to hear an explanation of why modern Judaism is so different than two thousand years ago.
Most of this comes from not understanding Judaism.

It’s funny how race and DNA have so much to do with it. Yet they are quick to label critics “racist”.

I am really more focused on the religious aspect. Their practices and beliefs have changed so much over time.

Exactly. All they're doing is dissembling and lying as far as most of the Orthodox and Hasidim go. They go beyond the 'master race' fantasy to 'Super Race' belief; they are the only real humans.

No need to pander to that nonsense, since their last great Prophet and Torah scholar prompted a return to traditional Hebrew theology, and had this to say:

Sons and Heirs​

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

No 'Super Race' bullshit,; monotheism implicitly implies universalism, for one, and no 'being born in a noble class or a priestly caste' or any of the 'Racial Purity' rubbish forced on a tribe by some con artists and and thieves running a Temple scam. Think Biden and his idiotic babbling something about 'you aren't black if ...' whatever.

It is if it's involuntary .

Any service, regardless of benevolence, rendered against one's will, is slavery.
There is a Christian duty to render service that might fit that definition. Duty is what one performs even when against their own will.

View attachment 794678
Even most Jews can't explain Judaism. ;) Once you get into it your head explodes.

Yes, I do. And Jewish scholars and sources back it all up, including that Talmud you worship in lieu of the written Torah.
So first, no, you don't. Second, you don't understand what the talmud is, how it is used or what it says. Third, your supposed sources don't back up what you say. Simple solution -- why do't you cite the actual text you claim exists.

If the question is........"Are there still Jews existing today that claim they will always be God's chosen people?" Of course, obviously all Jews of all levels of Judaism from the Orthodox to the modern supposed progressive Jews of today claim that God would never abandon them as "THE CHOSEN".

What they ignore, clearly written in the Old Testament Text, is the fact that conditions were placed upon their being God's chosen people. "Now therefore, if you will obey My Voice (the voice of God) and keep My covenant, then you shall be a Special Treasure to ME (God), above all people; for all the earth is Mine." -- Ex. 19:5

What would happen if they failed to keep the covenant of Moses? God has never stated that Only Biblical Israel will remain God's chosen, there is no permanent "unconditional Election" reserved for the Jews only. The scriptures make it clear, what the Jews must expect if they continued breaking the righteous covenant of God, "Then I will sow her (election/chosen) in the earth, and I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; then I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' And they shall say, "You are my God!" -- Hosea 2:23

The Apostle Paul, one of the most educated men in Jewish Law and Customs.....who studied under the feet of the highest ranking Jew of his day, "Gamaliel"....who was also responsible for the majority of the N.T. writings made it clear when he......in great detail referenced Hosea in relation to the Jews of his day......................

"As He (God) said also in Hosea: I (God) will call them My people, who were not My people and her beloved who was not beloved. And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' they shall be called the Sons of the Living God".....What shall we say then, That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; But Israel, pursuing the Law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law (of Moses). For they (the Jews) have stumbled at that stumbling stone". -- Romans 9:25-26, 30-32. Jesus was and is that stumbling stone as the corner stone in the Kingdom of the N.T. covenant. -- 2 Peter 2:4-8 Jesus and is the only "Son of Man"......born of a woman, born under the law, tempted like men in all ways........yet lived up to the literal letter of the Law of Moses from cradle to grave, Jesus was a practicing Orthodox Jew. (Gal. 4:4, 2 Corn. 5:21)

In the "eyes" of God........through Faith, not works under the old law..........there is neither Jew nor Gentile/Greek, slave nor free, male nor female........all are of one faith and the elect of God through Christ Jesus and heir to the promise made to father Abraham who was promised to be the father of many nations. --- Gal. 3:28-29

Contained in the Old Testament is the prophecy of God.........describing the N.T. church. The Jews who were guilty of breaking God's laws.......would have their status of God's chosen taken from them because they failed to live up to the letter of the Law.....so God would bring a new covenant that would apply to the entire world.......a Covenant written on the heart of the believers though faith, instead of laws written on stone. (Jer. 31:31-34) The new covenant would be "unlike" the Old Covenant of Moses.

Regardless........"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God." -- Heb. 10:32 One must swallow his/her pride and search the scriptures for truth, as that is the only way that God speaks to us today. There was a time past when God spoke through prophets and holy men.....but today He speaks only through His Son whom He has granted all authority in heaven and on earth (Matt. 28:18-19, Heb. 1:1) Today we have the "perfect law of liberty". (James 1:25) The N.T revelations of Christ Jesus which appoints all those of Faith as priests of a royal priesthood. -- 1 Peter 2:9

Each person is tasked with working out His/Her own salvation through faith and grace. There is only 1 sin that cannot be forgiven through prayer and righteousness.........the unrepentant sin. -- Phil. 2:12-13, 1 John 1:9
The discourse in Hosea describes the reconciliation of the 'house of Israel" back into God's favor, not the gentile world.

Forum List

Back