What is a small government libertarian?

Federal:

of, relating to, or denoting the central government as distinguished from the separate units constituting a federation.
"the federal agency that provides legal services to the poor"

of, relating to, or denoting the central government of the US.

You parsed out only the parts that you like. You know you're losing, but not as badly as your next reply.

9th and 10th? Oh those things you guys keep hanging your hats on and keep losing in court over?

You realize that is 20% of the Bill of Rights, and you dismiss it? What does it mean? You keep going back to the founders created, what did 1/5 of the Bill of Rights say?

Side note: I wonder what 20% of the bill of rights is when it's adjusted for inflation?

9th and 10th? Oh those things you guys keep hanging your hats on and keep losing in court over?

Strawman. You're an idiot, I don't support, I oppose that and have always said that.

Oh the SAME strawman you used with Dems increasing welfare roles BECAUSE of Dubya's recession? Or the one you used to say they are making them dependent on Gov't NOT because wages have stagnated for 40+ years (thanks to 'free markets' and conservative policies)? lol

I didn't say either of those things. Are you confusing me with another poster again or are you confusing me with the voices in your head?

So do the voices in your head tell you to do bad things like get a job and earn your own money?

KAZ:

"That's exactly what they do. They have been crowing since Obama took over how he's dramatically increased food stamp rolls. They brag about the number of people getting government subsidies on Obamacare. Social security, medicare, medicaid, it's their goal. The more dependent on government checks, the more successful we are!"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ll-government-libertarian-30.html#post9565366

Got it, ALL you have is projection. I'll make it easy for you
I never put a TIME on the WORDS you used, 'fraction' of spending on defense today.

Actually, that was bripat who said that, not me. LOL.

You HONESTLY want to compare US defense during WW2 as a comparison? Now, looking at the cold war and post cold war era do you HONESTLY think we are spending a 'fraction' of what we did before? HONESTLY?

The chart says we are, do you dispute the data? I have no idea, I am just pointing out that you don't understand what the chart says. Maybe when we adjust the numbers that were adjusted as a percentage of GDP and adjust them again for inflation like you wanted to do before it would make sense to you. I don't know, I don't live in bizzaro world like you do...

everyone but you adjusts for inflation ... why is that?

Trends in U.S. Military Spending - Council on Foreign Relations

:eusa_whistle:

You adjust for inflation OR adjust as a percentage of GDP, you don't do both at the same time, it doesn't even make sense. And as bripat accurately pointed out, if we adjusted for inflation instead of GDP, it would make current spending even smaller.

FRACTION of the spending on the military post WW2? LOL

Now WHEN did I say I wanted to adjust for inflation Bubba? Better go check again....

Let's see

You're right, it was Siete who said it. You thanked him, I'm not sure why you did that if you understood it, but you are correct that I said you said it and it wasn't you who did.

Actually, that was bripat who said that, not me. LOL.

The chart says we are, do you dispute the data? I have no idea, I am just pointing out that you don't understand what the chart says. Maybe when we adjust the numbers that were adjusted as a percentage of GDP and adjust them again for inflation like you wanted to do before it would make sense to you...

YOU jumped in and defended HIS posit. THAT means YOU own his posit

I have defended the point. Actually the chart defends his point, you just have to understand it. But you said that I said it, and I did not say it, bripat did.

Now WHEN did I say I wanted to adjust for inflation Bubba? Better go check again....

Let's see

Lets see, you jumped in and DEFENDED a posit, meaning YOU own it AND you don't have ANYTHING with your false posit

you think it through and extrapolate the current figures adjusted for inflation ...

:eusa_whistle:

your factor is 16.7 or very close to it

have an expensive day.

Or just the actual growth of the GDP in the past 80 years

Dude, the chart adjusts spending for the growth in GDP. Why do you keep asking about it? Read the vertical axis of the chart, it's spending as a "percentage of GDP." You wanted to do it by inflation would have made military spending far smaller than it is in the chart.

001_military_spending_dollars.png

In inflation-adjusted dollars, SIPRI's measure of U.S. military spending rose sharply after the terrorist attacks of 2001

http://www.cfr.org/defense-budget/trends-us-military-spending/p28855

Let's see

You're right, it was Siete who said it. You thanked him, I'm not sure why you did that if you understood it, but you are correct that I said you said it and it wasn't you who did.

I thanked him BECAUSE I understood his premise, GDP has BOOMED and the US military spending has also.

Federal:

of, relating to, or denoting the central government as distinguished from the separate units constituting a federation.
"the federal agency that provides legal services to the poor"

of, relating to, or denoting the central government of the US.

You parsed out only the parts that you like. You know you're losing, but not as badly as your next reply.

You realize that is 20% of the Bill of Rights, and you dismiss it? What does it mean? You keep going back to the founders created, what did 1/5 of the Bill of Rights say?

Side note: I wonder what 20% of the bill of rights is when it's adjusted for inflation?

You don't understand them. Got it

Again, stopped reading here. If you want to debate Republicans, do that. You are in a thread started by me and I am arguing libertarian positions.

Libertarians are FARRRRRR right wing on economics. Everything else is just pretend for you Klowns

Policemen and Firemen both wear uniforms, does that make a cop a fireman?

So you AREN'T farrrrr right on economics? lol

You don't understand them. Got it

Oh I understand them for what they actually are, NOT what right wingers WANT them to mean!!

Oh the SAME strawman you used with Dems increasing welfare roles BECAUSE of Dubya's recession? Or the one you used to say they are making them dependent on Gov't NOT because wages have stagnated for 40+ years (thanks to 'free markets' and conservative policies)? lol

I didn't say either of those things. Are you confusing me with another poster again or are you confusing me with the voices in your head?

So do the voices in your head tell you to do bad things like get a job and earn your own money?

KAZ:

"That's exactly what they do. They have been crowing since Obama took over how he's dramatically increased food stamp rolls. They brag about the number of people getting government subsidies on Obamacare. Social security, medicare, medicaid, it's their goal. The more dependent on government checks, the more successful we are!"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ll-government-libertarian-30.html#post9565366

You added incorrect statements to the things that I said.

If you say "bananas are yellow" and I say you said,

"bananas are round and yellow"

I did not repeat what you said

He couldn't figure out how to bring that we're racists into the military discussion so he went with option B, blaming W.

Ah the conservative race baiting card and conservative victimization in one short sentence. Bravo :lol:

Reading comprehension is not your thing

Let me guess, he was a victim by bringing up race THEN playing the victim card? lol

Let's see

I thanked him BECAUSE I understood his premise, GDP has BOOMED and the US military spending has also.

First, I said you did not say those things when I went back. Second, so your standard for me does not apply to yourself?

Lets see, you jumped in and DEFENDED a posit, meaning YOU own it AND you don't have ANYTHING with your false posit

KAZ:

You added incorrect statements to the things that I said.

If you say "bananas are yellow" and I say you said,

"bananas are round and yellow"

I did not repeat what you said

Got it, YOUR premise of Gov't handouts wee meant to be VERY selective and small *shaking head*

" he's dramatically increased food stamp rolls. They brag about the number of people getting government subsidies on Obamacare. Social security, medicare, medicaid, it's their goal. The more dependent on government checks, the more successful we are!"

Libertarians are FARRRRRR right wing on economics. Everything else is just pretend for you Klowns

Policemen and Firemen both wear uniforms, does that make a cop a fireman?

So you AREN'T farrrrr right on economics? lol

Actually if you had reading comprehension you would grasp I said I am far right on economics. Since you don't, you didn't understand what I said.

Forum List

Back