What is an "assault rifle"?

Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason
/——/ The 2nd Amendment does not specify what weapons since the Founding Fathers had no idea what new weapons would be developed in the future.
They had no idea we would have 30,000 gun deaths a year

They also had no idea that a single person could, on their own with no fact check or restraint, write something that could be read by virtually everyone in the world in a matter of seconds. If you are going to allow changing circumstances to justify voiding a part of the Constitution without going through the legal process to amend it, you're opening up the other parts of it to the same treatment. IOW, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
A2 was already changed or is being ignored. You have no right to militia capable arms

So let's not make it worse.
Do you accept that they can and have banned any weapon they chose

Any weapon used for the purpose of killing another person is now branded as an assault rifle.

This is an assault rifle!

5b117e711ae6621e008b4740-750-375.jpg
You weren't asked if that is an assault rifle.

Source? How many of those are legally owned guns responsible for? How many are suicides? How many are by law enforcement?

Automobiles kill over a million people a year. Should we ban those too?

It’s actually closer to 33,000 a year, I rounded off

And no, automobiles do not kill over a million people a year
That is just stupid

yes they do

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia
We are not responsible for the worlds traffic deaths any more than they are responsible for our gun deaths
Fair enough. In 2016 there were 37,461 people killed in car crashes in the U.S., an average of 102 per day.

So should we ban automobiles too while we're at it?

Oh, and here is my source, even though you never provide sources for your bogus statistics.

Motor vehicle fatality rate in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

depending on the use both are assault rifles,,,

thankfully the 2nd amendment covers both
The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason

No gun is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment much less any type of rifle or modern military hardware. Just Arms.

But then again didn't the Constitution ban a standing army too?

Source? How many of those are legally owned guns responsible for? How many are suicides? How many are by law enforcement?

That is just stupid

yes they do

We are not responsible for the worlds traffic deaths any more than they are responsible for our gun deaths
Fair enough. In 2016 there were 37,461 people killed in car crashes in the U.S., an average of 102 per day.

Oh, and here is my source, even though you never provide sources for your bogus statistics.

/—-/ To stop drunk driving deaths we need to take rightwinger’s car away from him—— even if he doesn’t drink or do drugs. We have to stop the carnage.

That is just stupid
if it's stupid, i'd think you'd like it.

This meets the Left's definition of an assault rifle. No more Olympic Biathlon.

View attachment 274648
I don’t think a bolt action rifle qualifies as an assault rifle

We are thinking more AK 47
you said - any gun that can fire more than a round a second you'd call an assault rifle.

You Can Shoot a Bolt-Action Almost as Fast as a Semi-Auto

now then yes, you're desire to snark on and get "cute" encompasses even bolt action rifles and again, makes you look the fool for chasing something you obviously don't understand as if that gives you some right to dictate control over it.

go study up and stop looking so stupid with every passing statement.

That is just stupid

yes they do

Maybe instead of banning automobiles we could make them safer, crash resistant, add seat belts and airbags, make roads safer, register cars and operators and make operators carry insurance

We should do the same with guns

View attachment 274648

you said - any gun that can fire more than a round a second you'd call an assault rifle.

now then yes, you're desire to snark on and get "cute" encompasses even bolt action rifles and again, makes you look the fool for chasing something you obviously don't understand as if that gives you some right to dictate control over it.

Ok...if you insist, we can ban those too

You got one shot per second. If gun owners start suffering huge casualties because they can’t fire faster than a shot per second, we can reassess the requirement

That is just stupid

yes they do

Maybe instead of banning automobiles we could make them safer, crash resistant, add seat belts and airbags, make roads safer, register cars and operators and make operators carry insurance

/—-/ Any well made gun is already safe to use. But to stop drunk drivers we need to take your car away.

Debating what is and isn't an "assault rifle" is irrelevant. 2A confirms a liberty, it does not define a privilege.

At all points in history, being an armed individual has meant being equipped in the same fashion as the government, i.e. military/individual soldier.

The overwhelming majority of weapon designs are founded in military usage, from muskets forward, and this is ALWAYS what the citizen has chosen for arms.

If dumbass Leftists existed in 1873, would they have insisted that citizens must use flintlocks, and could never have the Colt SAA?

Yea, that "SAA" means "single action ARMY", moron.

View attachment 274648

You got one shot per second. If gun owners start suffering huge casualties because they can’t fire faster than a shot per second, we can reassess the requirement
/—-/ Of course no homicidal maniac would dare carry a gun in each hand so they can fire 2 rounds a minute.
8DD99918-4BD2-496E-AAC9-8B9C54C15BDD.jpeg

That is just stupid

yes they do

/—-/ Any well made gun is already safe to use. But to stop drunk drivers we need to take your car away.
We do take their cars away, randomly stop motorists, conduct roadside checks.

We restrict cars that go too fast.....why can’t we restrict guns that shoot too fast?

The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
/——/ The 2nd Amendment does not specify what weapons since the Founding Fathers had no idea what new weapons would be developed in the future.

They also had no idea that a single person could, on their own with no fact check or restraint, write something that could be read by virtually everyone in the world in a matter of seconds. If you are going to allow changing circumstances to justify voiding a part of the Constitution without going through the legal process to amend it, you're opening up the other parts of it to the same treatment. IOW, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
A2 was already changed or is being ignored. You have no right to militia capable arms
No gun is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment much less any type of rifle or modern military hardware. Just Arms.
This must mean the right to own and use an AR15 is protected by the constitution.

Nothing in the Constitution even hints as such a thing.

"but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years"

A large standing army in peacetime has only been the norm since the end of WWII.

Guide to the Constitution

View attachment 274648

/—-/ Of course no homicidal maniac would dare carry a gun in each hand so they can fire 2 rounds a minute.
View attachment 274667
OK

So we agree on the one round a second limit
Not that hard

One round a second, 15 round max in a magazine

Gives you 15 rounds in 15 seconds......pretty lethal

This must mean the right to own and use an AR15 is protected by the constitution.

Nothing in the Constitution even hints as such a thing.
"but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years"
Thank you for confirming that nothing in the constitution hints at a ban on a standing army.

View attachment 274648

Your ever changing rules are a strong indicator of your dumbassness.

But you have shown why "common sense" laws will never happen.

Forum List

Back