*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

Sorry bout that,

The term "sorry" is apologetic and cannot be misconstrued as "to whom it concerns" in any way. It matters not to me if you are continually apologetic but it makes you appear apologetic for your beliefs. Just sayin'.

Atheists are not held to the same standards as Christians are. Christians have standards they believe are set forth by Christ via the Bible. You cannot compare apples and oranges. Which is what you are trying to do.

Until the past few years, I was taught - in the church and private school that I went to - that atheists were basically evil people. I know that not to be true. But that is the brainwashing that is prevalent in the church. It was a broad brush used to paint ALL atheists, not only the anti-theists that are just as rabidly fanatical as the rabidly fanatical religious wingnuts.

Precisely. Religious persons want to use Bibles as common ground. An atheist who can use ones own Bible to debate is more to be respected than not. At least they've done their research.

I would never presume to speak for God on earth. Heck, not for anyone else either. I speak only for myself ... and sometimes that's iffy. ;) By the same token, anyone else who says they speak for God is treated with caution. If you have to say it - you generally AIN'T it.

Again, the atheists that I've come in close contact with generally live good, decent, moral lives. They have no "escape clause" to fall back on. They cannot utter a few words on their deathbed after a sinful, wicked life and expect to still go to heaven. They do not believe they will be reborn based on their works in this life, into a better or worse existence. They may believe they are not to be judged religiously. Where is the problem with that? In general, they ascribe to the same high standards socially, morally and in every other way. Can you not respect a person who behaves without threat of punishment or promise of reward?

1. An atheist wants to ignore God now, while they are in this body, *self exempt*, with license, which won't work, and will not provide a *free pass*, they will learn of it in the after life.
2. They claim that God is not real, and be-little those who know God, and believe in God.
3. I'm making a claim that atheists are evil, and no good for anyone, not themselves, not their children, the horror, not for country, not for anyone that I can see, ACLU is chucked full of atheists, that says a lot right there.
4. Its evil to think that God who created you has to no authority over you, and basically blame God for everything bad that happens.
5. When a Christian strokes the atheists brow, saying to him, "Your fine, your okay the way you are." you are a liar, your deceiving the atheist into a false sense of security, which is basically what Satan does, which is evil.
6. False teachers *enablers*, will always find a round about way to spread lies.
7. Atheists think thy are *religiously exempt*, they didn't sign up for Jesus Christ, so they refuse to admit they have anything to abide by, though most are very well read of the Bible.
8. I find it funny it works out that way, and have lots to say about it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. I dont ignore God. There is no God.
2. Believe what you want to believe. Thats my motto. Youre the one on the attack.
3. Generalizing is very evil too. Theres plenty of atheists that are a detriment to society as there are Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu or whatever belief you can name. Why pull the ACLU into this conversation. My guess is youre trying to stir the pot, unsuccessfully.
4. There is no God.
5. Ive never had a Christian kiss my ass before.
6. What lies? What "enablers"?
7. I didnt sign up for Jesus. Either did Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus. You sound quite arrogant. Maybe thats why atheists are growing in number.

I find it funny how you just cant stand how atheists know the bible better than you. Its almost like Christians hate education. The Dark Ages proved that. It doesnt matter what happens over time, they continue to try to repress learning. You know why? Because those who hold the knowledge are the masters. The bible itself was created for power. Constantines idea.....thats right.

8. I find you funny. :eusa_pray:

Christians don't hate education,only so called education thats based on a mans imagination and faith that contradicts the bible and can't or has not been proven without doubt.

Education that supports whats contained in the scriptures is very cool, like the hydrologic system and archaeology finds.

Last edited:
Christians don't hate education,only so called education thats based on a mans imagination and faith that contradicts the bible and can't or has not been proven without doubt.

Education that supports whats contained in the scriptures is very cool, like the hydrologic system and archaeology finds.

Wait, so education is only good when it is in support of scripture?

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. An atheist wants to ignore God now, while they are in this body, *self exempt*, with license, which won't work, and will not provide a *free pass*, they will learn of it in the after life.
2. They claim that God is not real, and be-little those who know God, and believe in God.
3. I'm making a claim that atheists are evil, and no good for anyone, not themselves, not their children, the horror, not for country, not for anyone that I can see, ACLU is chucked full of atheists, that says a lot right there.
4. Its evil to think that God who created you has to no authority over you, and basically blame God for everything bad that happens.
5. When a Christian strokes the atheists brow, saying to him, "Your fine, your okay the way you are." you are a liar, your deceiving the atheist into a false sense of security, which is basically what Satan does, which is evil.
6. False teachers *enablers*, will always find a round about way to spread lies.
7. Atheists think thy are *religiously exempt*, they didn't sign up for Jesus Christ, so they refuse to admit they have anything to abide by, though most are very well read of the Bible.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. I don't ignore God. There is no God.
2. Believe what you want to believe. Thats my motto. You're the one on the attack.
3. Generalizing is very evil too. Theres plenty of atheists that are a detriment to society as there are Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu or whatever belief you can name. Why pull the ACLU into this conversation. My guess is you're trying to stir the pot, unsuccessfully.
4. There is no God.
7. I didnt sign up for Jesus. Either did Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus. You sound quite arrogant. Maybe thats why atheists are growing in number.

I find it funny how you just cant stand how atheists know the bible better than you. Its almost like Christians hate education. The Dark Ages proved that. It doesnt matter what happens over time, they continue to try to repress learning. You know why? Because those who hold the knowledge are the masters. The bible itself was created for power. Constantines idea.....thats right.

1. I am not attacking anyone directly, I am putting forth the truth about what being an atheist involves, where an atheist is headed, and how totally corrupted it is, also its a fools bet.
2. I'm attacking an *idea*, a bad *idea*.
3. Or I'm cutting down a tree house known as atheism.
4. Its not founded on anything solid, and I am shredding it in a tree shredder.
5. The ACLU is a atheist branch in this tree, and it can't be argued against, its a fact, sure its a piss-ant reality to bring the ACLU into this debate, but still the ACLU represents atheists, and its a reflection of atheism, so its on topic to speak of them.
6. Are you ashamed of the ACLU, and the work that they do against people like myself, The Christians?
7. If I were a atheist and believed I had the right to not believe in God, but I also believed that Christians had a right to believe in God, I would be appalled about the ACLU, whom represent the atheists.
8. Its people like me who are not afraid of political correctness, and we stand in your way and other atheists way in order to defend our rights to have God in our lives, and the right to show our beliefs in God, openly, without atheists telling us we can't show honor to God, out in the open, in our schools, in the public square, the atheists defend Islam, and their rights to do whatever they want to do, but *not* the Christians, ask yourself, why is that?
9. There is a reason folks, and we will get to the ugly face of it.
10. The *Judas Smile*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Your incoherence is exceeded only by your idiocy. :cuckoo:

Sorry bout that,

1. I guess I don't get it, self respect may be over rated, but if thats a viable reason to an atheist then its a weak reason.
2. There are plenty of weak Christians, so as far as you being a *Very Good Christian*, hedging your bets, I don't think you can truly be a bad Christian.
3. Maybe if you used Jesus Christ to make yourself rich, that could be a problem.:doubt:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You can't truly be bad if you're a christian?

That's a bit of a stretch even for you. The world is full of killers, thieves and rapists that are christians.

You're telling us that they aren't truly bad?

If God and Jesus can forgive them why can't you?

How many times does the bible say to forgive?
If you cannot forgive you will burn in hell right alongside me.

Well that is if there is a hell ;)

Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, atheism will get you in one helluva load of crap.
2. Deaths door awaits you too.
3. When its said and done, you will remember my words.
4. You will long for the day you read what I wrote here.
5. And it will be too late.
6. Your bet is a high risk bet, even a moron can see it, why can't you see it?
7. You people who think you are wise, might want to re-think that.
8. Pascals Wager agrees with me.
9. And I never saw it before some one provided a link.
10. Ofcourse I am right, so think about it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wait, so education is only good when it is in support of scripture?
nope,when it is not based on imagination and unproven facts.

That's a bit of a stretch even for you. The world is full of killers, thieves and rapists that are christians.

Sorry Mr. Citizen. I was being sarcastic. My bad. Very "un-God-Like". :lol:

I'm not in the forgiving business. I'm in the "what is...is business". Forgiving or accusing is stupid and a waste of time. There is usually plenty on the plate right in front of most people. You don't need to be told who to hate or who to forgive. You should be able to figure that out for yourself. I do..and I bet You do too Mr. Citizen.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

2. Believe what you want to believe. Thats my motto. Youre the one on the attack.
3. Generalizing is very evil too. Theres plenty of atheists that are a detriment to society as there are Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu or whatever belief you can name. Why pull the ACLU into this conversation. My guess is youre trying to stir the pot, unsuccessfully.
4. There is no God.

If you ignore science that contradicts the bible then you are wrong.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I guess I don't get it, self respect may be over rated, but if thats a viable reason to an atheist then its a weak reason.
2. There are plenty of weak Christians, so as far as you being a *Very Good Christian*, hedging your bets, I don't think you can truly be a bad Christian.
3. Maybe if you used Jesus Christ to make yourself rich, that could be a problem.:doubt:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Well I don't presume to judge over Gods shoulder, but there are some clues to this in Jesus' views on this in scripture, Jesus spoke of doing something for *the least* of these my brethren: Christians, which would infer there are different levels of Christians, and Jesus spoke of visiting Christians in jails, when sick, perhaps in hospitals, not just in churches.
You're a fucking hypocrite. You have been doing nothing but judging people who don't believe in your god throughout this entire thread.

And now you want to qualify the extent to which someone is a christian. For our purposes it is reasonable to say that a christian is anyone who believes Jesus Christ was god incarnate as that is the only definition that matters when comparing Christianity to atheism.

2. And doing something for them when visiting, so there's a duty, or real reason to seek out Christians, even the, *bad ones*, and help them, even though they were bad, perhaps Jesus forgives them of the bad or evil they've done, but the courts can not, for obeying the letter of the law.

But you said no one is truly bad if they are christian. Now you're saying there are bad christians.

Make up your mind.

3. Temptation to do evil is strong, and few are strong enough to resist its beaconing, for the devils at work in this work, and pulling a triple shift in order to get you to self condemn, and to *Judas Out*, and hang yourself, but God is able to forgive our worse failures, it we can forgive ourselves.

I have never been tempted to do evil. It's you thumpers that tell everyone they are inherent sinners. Tell me why is it so important to brainwash people that they are inherently bad? Is it so you can control them?

4. So our success depends on our own self-forgiveness, so if we can forgive our own imperfections, then God is able to forgive us as well, and we can learn from a failure maybe even more from our success'.

Forgiving an imperfection is an act in futility. We are imperfect and acknowledging that is the only way to move forward. You make it sound as if being human and therefore imperfect is something that needs to be forgiven. It doesn't. It's akin to forgiving a leopard for having spots.

5. For the things that destroy me, can open my eyes to the things that can help me, in the long run and the short run, for the setbacks in life, are temporary, and instructive.

Learning from your mistakes has nothing to do with the man in the sky.

6. So my total sum of bad or good isn't dictated on one single act of being bad, nor is it judged on one single act of being good, God has to look at us in the broad spectrum of a *lived life*, the *total sum*, which is unfathomable to us, for we can not see our lives in this manor, we see whats infront of us, at *this time*, we don't see what was throughout our *complete lives*, and we don't see whats in our *future lives*, either, because we have a span of time that makes sense, and we sense whats important in a small window of time, and are limited by or with, our limited memories

Pardon me but a man can certainly look at his life and evaluate it. In fact men have been doing it for as long as man have existed. And no one can see the future. If you believe god did indeed give you free will then you would know that it is impossible for god to have your future 100% determined for you.

7. So even if I lead a perfect life, my perfection isn't quite perfect if I don't live it for God, if I live a perfect life for myself, then my perfection would be false, for I am no God, my perfect life would be a crutch to my being, and one day it would have to slip, and I would have to fall, for a thing I had no idea would entrap me, a simple sin, or act of doing evil, would over take me, even a child would of saw coming.

8. For the higher ones climbs the ladder of self righteousness, the longer time it will take to hit the ground.

Self righteousness and righteousness are not the same thing,

9. For any good Christian will tell you, "I am clothed in rags of unrighteousness, totally unprofitable in *all* regards of faith, if it weren't for the grace of God, *only*, come I forth."
10. A good Christian can make no real claims to the power of God, we *all* are in this together, and are *all* beggars for the scraps from the *Masters* table.

Your religion likes to beat you down doesn't it. The whole "I'm not worthy to be alive" shit is tedious to me.

Sorry bout that,

1. The moral of the human story is this: *Don't be fooled by Satan to believe a lie and end up going straight to hell for your own stupidity.*
2. Jesus Christ is God, and so loved you, to take on human form and sacrifice himself on the cross, died, and was buried, and rose again for your justification.
3. When Moses was in the desert, and the snakes were killing the people, all they had to do is look on the staff Moses used, and be healed from the pangs of death, same goes for Jesus, look to him on the cross, for he too was raised just like Moses did, and you shall be spared of death, and find eternal life.
4. It really is that easy.
5. Just get on your knees where you are and cry out to Jesus you want to be saved, and look to him and it shall be done.:eusa_pray:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, atheism will get you in one helluva load of crap.
2. Deaths door awaits you too.
4. You will long for the day you read what I wrote here.
5. And it will be too late.
6. Your bet is a high risk bet, even a moron can see it, why can't you see it?
7. You people who think you are wise, might want to re-think that.
8. Pascals Wager agrees with me.
9. And I never saw it before some one provided a link.
10. Ofcourse I am right, so think about it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Umm I will be dead and remember nothing since I will be no more.

4. There is no God.

The only so called science that contradicts the bible is science that is based in speculation not grounded in facts,That is a fact.

The evidence that supposedly contradicts the bible not even all the scientists agree on the view that contradicts what the bible say's.

I have put a lot of time in to researching articles from both sides of the argument and i just don't see any evidence that supports a natural process to life. Everything to me points to design.

The only so called science that contradicts the bible is science that is based in speculation not grounded in facts,That is a fact.

The evidence that supposedly contradicts the bible not even all the scientists agree on the view that contradicts what the bible say's.

I have put a lot of time in to researching articles from both sides of the argument and i just don't see any evidence that supports a natural process to life. Everything to me points to design.

Sure, we may well be the result of an alien college kids failed science project.

Sorry bout that,

1. Well I don't presume to judge over Gods shoulder, but there are some clues to this in Jesus' views on this in scripture, Jesus spoke of doing something for *the least* of these my brethren: Christians, which would infer there are different levels of Christians, and Jesus spoke of visiting Christians in jails, when sick, perhaps in hospitals, not just in churches.
You're a fucking hypocrite. You have been doing nothing but judging people who don't believe in your god throughout this entire thread.

And now you want to qualify the extent to which someone is a christian. For our purposes it is reasonable to say that a christian is anyone who believes Jesus Christ was god incarnate as that is the only definition that matters when comparing Christianity to atheism.

But you said no one is truly bad if they are christian. Now you're saying there are bad christians.

Make up your mind.

I have never been tempted to do evil. It's you thumpers that tell everyone they are inherent sinners. Tell me why is it so important to brainwash people that they are inherently bad? Is it so you can control them?

Forgiving an imperfection is an act in futility. We are imperfect and acknowledging that is the only way to move forward. You make it sound as if being human and therefore imperfect is something that needs to be forgiven. It doesn't. It's akin to forgiving a leopard for having spots.

Learning from your mistakes has nothing to do with the man in the sky.

Pardon me but a man can certainly look at his life and evaluate it. In fact men have been doing it for as long as man have existed. And no one can see the future. If you believe god did indeed give you free will then you would know that it is impossible for god to have your future 100% determined for you.

7. So even if I lead a perfect life, my perfection isn't quite perfect if I don't live it for God, if I live a perfect life for myself, then my perfection would be false, for I am no God, my perfect life would be a crutch to my being, and one day it would have to slip, and I would have to fall, for a thing I had no idea would entrap me, a simple sin, or act of doing evil, would over take me, even a child would of saw coming.

8. For the higher ones climbs the ladder of self righteousness, the longer time it will take to hit the ground.

Self righteousness and righteousness are not the same thing,

9. For any good Christian will tell you, "I am clothed in rags of unrighteousness, totally unprofitable in *all* regards of faith, if it weren't for the grace of God, *only*, come I forth."
10. A good Christian can make no real claims to the power of God, we *all* are in this together, and are *all* beggars for the scraps from the *Masters* table.

Your religion likes to beat you down doesn't it. The whole "I'm not worthy to be alive" shit is tedious to me.

The question is what causes man to sin ? is it imperfection ? Where did the imperfection come from ? Why do we do things we know to be wrong or that is bad for us ? Gods standard for man is much higher then man can live up to the only way to live up to Gods standard is to be perfect . perfection went away when the first man sinned and passed sin on to his offspring.

We are who we hang out with,if we hang out with people seeking to please God then we to would want to please God. If we hang out with people who don't much care about life then we to would not much care about life.

If we hang out with people who believe in God we will believe in God. If we hang out with people who believe there is no God then there is a good chance we won't believe there is a God even though there is no evidence to support that view.

No matter which side you're on both sides seem to agree that murder,,torture,and many actions we see as crimes are wrong and people commiting these crimes should be punished or locked up. Why do both sides agree ? What is this invisible force that causes us to be in agreement ?

The bible speaks of God speaking to mans hearts about whats right and wrong. Could this be the reason for agreement between both sides ?

1Ki 8:58 to incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments which He commanded our fathers.

1Ch 28:9 And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve Him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind. For Jehovah searches all hearts and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you. But if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.

Psa 33:8 Let all the earth fear Jehovah; let all the people of the world stand in awe of Him.
Psa 33:9 For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood.
Psa 33:10 Jehovah brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He breaks the plots of the people.
Psa 33:11 The counsel of Jehovah stands forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
Psa 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is Jehovah; the people He has chosen for His inheritance.
Psa 33:13 Jehovah looks down from Heaven; He beholds all the sons of mankind.
Psa 33:14 From His dwelling place He looks on all the people of the earth.
Psa 33:15 Together He forms their hearts; His understanding is to all their works.

Psa 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You; Your ways are in their hearts.

Rom 2:15 who show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and the thoughts between one another accusing or even excusing one another,

Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord; I will put My Laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"

Sorry Mr. Citizen. I was being sarcastic. My bad. Very "un-God-Like". :lol:

I'm not in the forgiving business. I'm in the "what is...is business". Forgiving or accusing is stupid and a waste of time. There is usually plenty on the plate right in front of most people. You don't need to be told who to hate or who to forgive. You should be able to figure that out for yourself. I do..and I bet You do too Mr. Citizen.

I am not sure I hate anyone.

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty death must seem to an atheist?
2. Does anyone who is an atheist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Let's say that death to an Atheist is equivalent to non-existance

Now I am going to argue that non-existance is atually better or, as time passes on, equivalent to (or better than) an enternity of torment/paradise.

First let make the arguement that non-existance is better than torment. From the beginning of torment it is assumed that the dead would prefer non-existance from the of-set. Thus there is nothing to argue here.

Now let us show that it is equivalent to paradise. Of course from the outset, the dead are happy because they are not tormented. But what can you do in Paradise--It turns out basicll next to nothing except watching other people and carring small talk.

Why is this, because

1) you cannot sin in paradise. Therefore you cannot want, lie, fornicate, and all the other things that will bar you from paradise
2)You cannot cause others to sin in paradise. So annoying people or doing anything that annoys people into wraith is also barred. I guess watching people is therefore a no no since that annoys some individuals. Also singing, mking unprovable statements, etc...In fact, you essentially can do very little in paradise.

You can tolerate this for a while--but how about 100 years? 500 hundred years? OK--an enternity. My bet is that after a thousand years or so of "paradise" you too will beg for non-existance. Boredom will undo the human soul! (Probably explains why god creates man for Earth and Angels are for Heaven. God knows what is best for you even if you do not!! :tongue:)

Remember the key to this arguement: You cannot sin nor Can you cause others to sin in Paradise!

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty death must seem to an atheist?
2. Does anyone who is an atheist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Let's say that death to an Atheist is equivalent to non-existance

Now I am going to argue that non-existance is atually better or, as time passes on, equivalent to (or better than) an enternity of torment/paradise.

First let make the arguement that non-existance is better than torment. From the beginning of torment it is assumed that the dead would prefer non-existance from the of-set. Thus there is nothing to argue here.

Now let us show that it is equivalent to paradise. Of course from the outset, the dead are happy because they are not tormented. But what can you do in Paradise--It turns out basicll next to nothing except watching other people and carring small talk.

Why is this, because

1) you cannot sin in paradise. Therefore you cannot want, lie, fornicate, and all the other things that will bar you from paradise
2)You cannot cause others to sin in paradise. So annoying people or doing anything that annoys people into wraith is also barred. I guess watching people is therefore a no no since that annoys some individuals. Also singing, mking unprovable statements, etc...In fact, you essentially can do very little in paradise.

You can tolerate this for a while--but how about 100 years? 500 hundred years? OK--an enternity. My bet is that after a thousand years or so of "paradise" you too will beg for non-existance. Boredom will undo the human soul! (Probably explains why god creates man for Earth and Angels are for Heaven. God knows what is best for you even if you do not!! :tongue:)

Remember the key to this arguement: You cannot sin nor Can you cause others to sin in Paradise!

Singing is not a sin.

Learning is not a sin.

Sports is not a sin.

Flying is not a sin.

Creating super machines like cars or planes.

Seeing the complete universe might be cool.

No fear of dangerous animals.

Great tasting food that will not cause disease.

No meds,everyone healthy and in a perfect condition.

Being with loved ones without the fear of death.

A personal relationship with the greatest scientist of all time.

No war, no death,no pain, eternal happiness.

The ability to do far more then man is capable of now.

I don't see it being boring.

Forum List

Back