What is released and what is not,

They voted to release “the memo”, written by one political side only.

They voted against releasing the minority memo.

They refused to allow the FBI/DOJ a hearing to give their information.

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.
Let's be clear: It simply isn't possible for a memo discussing "Party B" and written by "Party A," who has no involvement in "Party B's" actions and causal motives, cannot possibly show probatively that "Party B" is or was indeed motivated as "Party A" claims. Anyone who fully understands the nature and extent of what it takes to prove intent knows that to be so. Now, as goes the large share of regular/active USMB members, it seems clear to me that very, very, very few (one, maybe two from what I have observed) understand anything about the role of mens rea, let alone what it takes to cogently show existentiality for any given intent. (Intent can be shown soundly only with a direct attestation of intent, and the odds of ever getting that from a dissembler, malefactor or disingenuous person is "slim to none," and we both know "slim's" ship left port with a gaping hole in the hull.)

And the prospect of their doing so was not even close to new by the time the party-line vote happened. One'd have thought that Trump's appointed USIC heads would have, by the time the vote happened, had cleared the memo for immediate release, or that Trump would have pre-written either a blanket declassification order of whatever is in the memo or pre-written a declassification order specifying precisely what information in the memo is/isn't declassified. Trump, of course, didn't do that because he just wants to prolong the acrimony.

Prolonging the acrimony is precisely what's happening and Trump's doing no thing to see it brought to an end.
  • Because the memo contains classified information, the people who've read it cannot state what exactly it says, until it's declassified or redacted.
  • Because the memo contains classified information, the FBI cannot state what content in it is untrue, until it's declassified or redacted.
Trump has unilateral authority/power to declassify the whole damn thing, thus putting the whole picture on the table for the American people to see, and yet he's not done so. Moreover, just now (it hasn't been five minutes) on AC360, I heard that the memo the WH received isn't even the same memo the House voted to release.

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.
Off Topic:
FWIW, though I presume you already know so, the "formal" terms for that, depending on how an author/speaker composes or utters their remarks, are:

You are correct that even in a court of law there are three sides to every story ... The plaintiff, the defendant and the truth.

The Nunes Memo is not a court of law ... Neither is public opinion.
There is probably little to nothing in the Nunes Memo that anyone listening to/reading anything other than the Mainstream Media has not already been exposed to.
Any information reviewed should always be considered with scrutiny, and if someone is interested, there is an abundance of information available.
Assume neither side is correct ... Ask questions/research the things you think are important to the arguments and the people making them.

The House Intelligence Committee cannot share a memo Representative Schiff hasn't given them ... :thup:

There is probably little to nothing in the Nunes Memo that anyone listening to/reading anything other than the Mainstream Media has not already been exposed to.
Seriously, dude?

DU4xO6CXkAAaqw6.jpg

(Source)​

Still nothing ... Stick with GIF's ... At least they are entertaining ... :cul2:

I can see where you would approve of "limited access" pertaining to subpoenaed documents.
You seem to support the idea the FBI and DOJ are above the law.
Off Topic:
If I thought you possess and might bring to the conversation any measure of analytical gravits, I'd respond with more than an image. I suspected you hadn't any when I first responded to you in post 273 and then in post 278, and after Googling what you suggested, reading the first article in the query results, and now seeing your wildly unfounded inference just above (emboldened text), along with your adolescent attempts at baiting me (the first here and the second here), my suspicion has become certainty. Ciao.​

Off Topic:
If I thought you possess and might bring to the conversation any measure of analytical gravits, I'd respond with more than an image. I suspected you hadn't any when I first responded to you in post 273, and after Googling what you suggested, reading the first article in the query results, and now seeing your wildly unfounded inference just above (emboldened text), along with your adolescent attempts at baiting me (the first here and the second here), my suspicion has become certainty. Ciao.​

Perhaps you think the FBI and DOJ stonewalling the investigation and withholding subpoenaed documents is an acceptable form of cooperation.
Perhaps you want to believe Representative Schiff's Memo (that no one has read much less seen) contains an appropriate rebuttal.
Perhaps you think flowery language and asinine assertions based on unsupported garbage hides the fact you are simply a pathetic partisan hack.

Your analytical gravitas is polluted by your incomprehensible lack of intellectual integrity ... :flirtysmile4:

See ... I can do that too.

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

No need to worry. If the memo is factual we all benefit. If the memo is not factual the Repubs look like fools. Coyote, my guess is the memo is factual because the Dims are not saying it is untrue. They are only saying they do not want it released.

So maybe just look at the info and make up your own mind. That is what I intend to so. :)
What they and are saying is it is not factually inaccurate but it is cherry picked and misleading. So if that is the case we need to see the other memo as well.

You really think the Dims want the truth to come out if the FBI was in the tank for Hillary and out to kill Trump? :lol:

No offense, but that is incredibly naive. The truth will come out....all of it. I would say the facts that have come out so far do not look good for the Dims, the FBI, DOJ or Hillary. But I am willing to reserve judgement until I see everything.

Will the truth come out - it the truth remains classified? In otherwords if "the memo" is the ONLY item allowed out? Will that be "the truth"?

Everything will come out...have no fear. And then we can all make up our minds.

I see the release of this memo as being a step towards transparency. That’s something we should all be celebrating.

Just a very small,highly selective and narrative driven step toward transparency.

The Nunes memo is four pages of carefully chosen excerpts from the more than 120 page affidavit of supporting evidence for the FISA warrant.

Nunes has not even seen the entire affidavit.

According to accusations by Schiff, Nunes changed it or added to it after it was voted to release it. Nunes says he did some minor changes. Well after they voted to release it should not have been touched. Is Nunes now covering his ass?

It's just more evidence that Nunes is acting to do nothing more than create a narrative that damages the credibility of the investigation. The question going forward is , did Nunes do this in coordination with the WH like last time? If so, isn't that clearly obstruction?
That is the $64,000 question. Neither the White House nor Nunes' office will deny the White House was involved in in the creation of that memo.

No need to worry. If the memo is factual we all benefit. If the memo is not factual the Repubs look like fools. Coyote, my guess is the memo is factual because the Dims are not saying it is untrue. They are only saying they do not want it released.

So maybe just look at the info and make up your own mind. That is what I intend to so. :)
What they and are saying is it is not factually inaccurate but it is cherry picked and misleading. So if that is the case we need to see the other memo as well.

You really think the Dims want the truth to come out if the FBI was in the tank for Hillary and out to kill Trump? :lol:

No offense, but that is incredibly naive. The truth will come out....all of it. I would say the facts that have come out so far do not look good for the Dims, the FBI, DOJ or Hillary. But I am willing to reserve judgement until I see everything.

"The Truth" is NEVER going to come out because the document with the facts will not be released by the intelligence community.
I don't trust Nunes after his last stunt; it wouldn't surprise me if the WH cooked this one up, as well.
However, if it's legit concerns it should be investigated by a group that can keep classified information SECRET and if there are problems, let us know. This House Intelligence Committee is a joke at this point.

One thing I know: Nunes should be taken off the committee.

I do not want any of it secret. The FBI spiked Hillary's illegal behavior and went after Trump all for purely political reasons. This is vastly worse than Watergate. It all needs to come out and it will come out. Do not worry.

Surely you want to know what really happened and think the American People have a right to know?

I see the release of this memo as being a step towards transparency. That’s something we should all be celebrating.

Just a very small,highly selective and narrative driven step toward transparency.

The Nunes memo is four pages of carefully chosen excerpts from the more than 120 page affidavit of supporting evidence for the FISA warrant.

According to accusations by Schiff, Nunes changed it or added to it after it was voted to release it. Nunes says he did some minor changes. Well after they voted to release it should not have been touched. Is Nunes now covering his ass?

It's just more evidence that Nunes is acting to do nothing more than create a narrative that damages the credibility of the investigation. The question going forward is , did Nunes do this in coordination with the WH like last time? If so, isn't that clearly obstruction?
That is the $64,000 question. Neither the White House nor Nunes' office will deny the White House was involved in in the creation of that memo.

I want all the facts to come out. Don't you? :)

"The Truth" is NEVER going to come out because the document with the facts will not be released by the intelligence community.
I don't trust Nunes after his last stunt; it wouldn't surprise me if the WH cooked this one up, as well.
However, if it's legit concerns it should be investigated by a group that can keep classified information SECRET and if there are problems, let us know. This House Intelligence Committee is a joke at this point.

I do not want any of it secret. The FBI spiked Hillary's illegal behavior and went after Trump all for purely political reasons. This is vastly worse than Watergate. It all needs to come out and it will come out. Do not worry.

Surely you want to know what really happened and think the American People have a right to know?

That is not "known" that is thus far spin and conjecture. And that is why if this memo is released, the agencies involved and the Dem's memo should be unmuzzled/released AT THE SAME TIME to provide the info deliberately left out. Otherwise we aren't necessarily getting the truth. If Trumps own handpicked men are speaking out against the release because it is so cherry picked it draws false conclusions - doesn't that say something? I'm very disturbed that it looks like Nunes wrote it in conjunction with the White House! Yes....this is dejas vous Watergate.

Trump's behavior is similar to Nixon's "Saturday night massacre".

And is ANYONE at all concerned about national security implications? Anyone?

Will the truth come out - it the truth remains classified? In otherwords if "the memo" is the ONLY item allowed out? Will that be "the truth"?

Everything will come out...have no fear. And then we can all make up our minds.

Why do you think everything will come out when the Republicans control what comes out?

Off Topic:
If I thought you possess and might bring to the conversation any measure of analytical gravits, I'd respond with more than an image. I suspected you hadn't any when I first responded to you in post 273, and after Googling what you suggested, reading the first article in the query results, and now seeing your wildly unfounded inference just above (emboldened text), along with your adolescent attempts at baiting me (the first here and the second here), my suspicion has become certainty. Ciao.​

Perhaps you think the FBI and DOJ stonewalling the investigation and withholding subpoenaed documents is an acceptable form of cooperation.
Perhaps you want to believe Representative Schiff's Memo (that no one has read much less seen) contains an appropriate rebuttal.
Perhaps you think flowery language and asinine assertions based on unsupported garbage hides the fact you are simply a pathetic partisan hack.

Your analytical gravitas is polluted by your incomprehensible lack of intellectual integrity ... :flirtysmile4:

See ... I can do that too.

Is attempting to block/obstruct the Mueller investigation acceptable to you?

That is not "known" that is thus far spin and conjecture. And that is why if this memo is released, the agencies involved and the Dem's memo should be unmuzzled/released AT THE SAME TIME to provide the info deliberately left out. Otherwise we aren't necessarily getting the truth. If Trumps own handpicked men are speaking out against the release because it is so cherry picked it draws false conclusions - doesn't that say something? I'm very disturbed that it looks like Nunes wrote it in conjunction with the White House! Yes....this is dejas vous Watergate.

I agree with you all of it should be released just not some damn memo Nunes wrote. I can write memo's all damn day, could be truth could be lies. Yes, they should not release any names of operatives public block them all out. If the public has heard a name before on the news don't block it out. If operatives names are released how long before they're found dead.

Were subpoenaed documents intentionally withheld from Mueller or the investigators?
Has Mueller held anyone in Contempt for failing to comply with requests?
Has Mueller filed any obstruction charges?

Edit:
I mean dang ... If Special Counsel Mueller can drag Paul Manafort out on the perp walk over stuff not associated with President Trump or the Russia Collusion issue ...
It is pretty safe to say he wouldn't have any problem filing obstructions charges should they apply.

Not that I have a problem with Paul Manafort getting in trouble.

Last edited:

No, you don’t want all the facts. What you want is Nunes’ 4 pages of cherry-picked details. That’s not all the facts. And the FBI is warning that making those 4 pages public is “extremely reckless” and would cause harm to the agency. What you what is to kick our intelligence community in the nuts at the expense of national security with a memo which was possibly assembled with help of the White House because they’re being investigated.

Conservatism is a sickness and you’ve got it badly.

Were subpoenaed documents intentionally withheld from Mueller or the investigators?
Has Mueller held anyone in Contempt for failing to comply with requests?
Has Mueller filed any obstruction charges?

Edit:
I mean dang ... If Special Counsel Mueller can drag Paul Manafort out on the perp walk over stuff not associated with President Trump or the Russia Collusion issue ...
It is pretty safe to say he wouldn't have any problem filing obstructions charges should they apply.

Not that I have a problem with Paul Manafort getting in trouble.

No, you don’t want all the facts. What you want is Nunes’ 4 pages of cherry-picked details. That’s not all the facts. And the FBI is warning that making those 4 pages public is “extremely reckless” and would cause harm to the agency. What you what is to kick our intelligence community in the nuts at the expense of national security with a memo which was possibly assembled with help of the White House because they’re being investigated.

Conservatism is a sickness and you’ve got it badly.

This isn't conservatism.

This is out of control partisanship.

1. They voted to release “the memo”, written by one political side only.

2. They voted against releasing the minority memo.

3. They refused to allow the FBI/DOJ a hearing to give their information.

1. The Summary of Evidence is a compilation - a SUMMARY - of evidence found by numerous agencies and sources, to include the US IG.

The Nunes FBI memo: What you need to know

The FBI "was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

You seem very afraid of a simple memo. Does it concern you the FBI fought legitimate Congressional requests for documentation for a year?

Coyote if you're assuming everything is fine than why are the FBI and Dims fighting the release of this information so hard?

Look.....all the facts will come out....and then we can all make up our own minds. Let the truth set you free. :D This is just the first shoe to drop. The truth ultimately came out regarding Benghazi although Obama, and Hillary obstructed for as long as they could. We know within hours of the attacks both Obama and Hillary were told it was a terrorist attack and then spent weeks lying about it. We know the State Dept fucked up massively and exactly how they fucked up.

If the FBI was in the tank for Hillary we will all find out. And if at the same time they were out to destroy Trump we will find that out as well. Have faith...Okay? :)

Last edited:

1. The Summary of Evidence is a compilation - a SUMMARY - of evidence found by numerous agencies and sources, to include the US IG.

The FBI "was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

The statement is now false. The FBI reviewed it again today. Do a google search. :)

You seem very afraid of a simple memo. Does it concern you the FBI fought legitimate Congressional requests for documentation for a year?

Coyote if you're assuming everything is fine than why are the FBI and Dims fighting the release of this information so hard?

Look.....all the facts will come out....and then we can all make up our own minds. Let the truth set you free. :D This is just the first shoe to drop. The truth ultimately came out regarding Benghazi although Obama, and Hillary obstructed for as long as they could. We know within hours of the attacks both Obama and Hillary were told it was a terrorist attack and then then spent weeks lying about it. We know the State Dept fucked up massively and exactly how they fucked up.

If the FBI was in the tank for Hillary we will all find out. And if at the same time they were out to destroy Trump we will find that out as well. Have faith...Okay? :)

I'm concerned about the truth, something that I doubt you'll find much in a partisan document.

The truth did come out about Benghazi. Nothing-burger.

The statement is now false. The FBI reviewed it again today. Do a google search. :)

And have they changed their assessment?

Look.....all the facts will come out....and then we can all make up our own minds. Let the truth set you free. :D This is just the first shoe to drop. The truth ultimately came out regarding Benghazi although Obama, and Hillary obstructed for as long as they could. We know within hours of the attacks both Obama and Hillary were told it was a terrorist attack and then then spent weeks lying about it. We know the State Dept fucked up massively and exactly how they fucked up.

I'm concerned about the truth, something that I doubt you'll find much in a partisan document.

The truth did come out about Benghazi. Nothing-burger.

Nothing-burger? :lol: Is proof Hillary lied from the Washington Post good enough for you? Your partisan ignorance is stunning. Please read and educate yourself. Oh....and the Benghazi investigation discovered Hillary's illegal 30,000 e-mails. Nothing-burger.....:777:

Latest State release: Clinton emails with Chelsea after Benghazi attacks and more

Forum List

Back