What is "Social Justice"?

But what is "social justice"?

It is the justification these Moon Bats use to steal money from the people that earned it to give to the people that didn't earn it. In other words an excuse to engage in state supported thievery.

"Social justice" is a euphemism for "injustice." Anytime you put a qualifier in front of "justice," you get the opposite. Justice is justice. It doesn't require any qualifiers.

The more relevant and interesting question is why do some feel the need to couch their bias and bigotry in vague questions whose only purpose is dog whistles for the dogs who hear the whistle.
It's a very real question.
It would seem that "social justice" means "all things good" to those who think it's important. By extension if you oppose those groups you are opposed to social justice and ergo must be bad.
People opposed to Social Justice are bad little bunny. The idea is to know that life in unfair, and then try to be a decent moral person and do what you can about that instead of saying nah, that might be difficult or even cause me problems.

So social justice means I should work my ass off then be willing to simply give up a portion of that to someone who says they never had opportunities in life?

Define "decent moral person".

That's a cop out. I show why giving the same sentence for the same crime is not justice at all. Rather the opposite. You respond merely we disagree.
What? Do you want to go over and over everything for hours? You've stated your case and your opinion, and I have done likewise. I'm not going to change my view and opinion, and obviously you're not going to change yours. Neither of us are going to agree with the other. We see this issue differently, which is fine. People are allowed to disagree. I see no point in going back and forth with the same answers on both sides. You're sticking to your opinion and view, and I'm sticking to mine. Neither of us is going to change the other's mind on this matter. So, what's the point in repeating everything for hours and hours? Can you give some reason why we should continue this conversation? Do see where continuing it will solve anything? If so, please inform me. Thanks.
No, you are clearly unable to state your opinion and defend it against attacks. You have failed numerous times to do that and cop out. So you are correct there is no continuing here. You've lost the debate.
Teh sad part is you havent learned anything from it. What's the point in coming on this board, spouting an opinion and then buggering off?
Oh please. Really? I made my point. I stated my case, my opinion, and what I believe. FYI --- I wasn't trying to win anything. This wasn't a game, nor a contest, at least not to me. It was merely a discussion, a conversation. If you want to pat yourself on the back, raise victory flags, and dance in the street, be my guess. I lost nothing, not one single thing. We both stated our cases, expressed our views, and was totally in disagreement. I see nothing to gloat over. Not everyone agrees on everything. People do have different opinions. You believe that you're right, and I believe that I'm right. Is that a sin or crime? Hardly. I stated before that I don't play games on forums. Obviously, you consider a conversation a game where there's a winner and a loser. That's kind of silly to me. Every conversation doesn't have to be a game. Every conversation doesn't have a winner and a loser. Adults can chat, express opinions, and have differences without keeping score. This forum is for civil discussions, debates, and expressing one's views on a variety of topics. I have not read anywhere that states this forum is a game where we keep score and have winners and losers.

I am willing to discuss any subject matter, but I refuse to make a game of it, keep score, and declare winners and losers. To me, that's silly, immature, and totally unnecessary. If you would like to discuss any issue, I'll be more than glad to engage. But, I refuse to play a winner and loser game, keep score, and then gloat afterwards. I doubt that anyone is going to knock on your door and hand you a large cardboard check, pass out balloons, and have cameras rolling.
I showed that your position was bunk and the opposite of what "social justice" ought to mean, if it should mean anything.
You showed me absolutely nothing. I'm sure that in your mind, you believe that you did. It may have been "bunk" to you, but I certainly didn't see it that way. Like I have said several times already, you see it one way, and I see it another way. You may have attempted to show me something, but obviously, you failed. All I saw was your opinion.

hey dumbass, runnin' your yap doesn't make it true

What? Do you want to go over and over everything for hours? You've stated your case and your opinion, and I have done likewise. I'm not going to change my view and opinion, and obviously you're not going to change yours. Neither of us are going to agree with the other. We see this issue differently, which is fine. People are allowed to disagree. I see no point in going back and forth with the same answers on both sides. You're sticking to your opinion and view, and I'm sticking to mine. Neither of us is going to change the other's mind on this matter. So, what's the point in repeating everything for hours and hours? Can you give some reason why we should continue this conversation? Do see where continuing it will solve anything? If so, please inform me. Thanks.
No, you are clearly unable to state your opinion and defend it against attacks. You have failed numerous times to do that and cop out. So you are correct there is no continuing here. You've lost the debate.
Teh sad part is you havent learned anything from it. What's the point in coming on this board, spouting an opinion and then buggering off?
Oh please. Really? I made my point. I stated my case, my opinion, and what I believe. FYI --- I wasn't trying to win anything. This wasn't a game, nor a contest, at least not to me. It was merely a discussion, a conversation. If you want to pat yourself on the back, raise victory flags, and dance in the street, be my guess. I lost nothing, not one single thing. We both stated our cases, expressed our views, and was totally in disagreement. I see nothing to gloat over. Not everyone agrees on everything. People do have different opinions. You believe that you're right, and I believe that I'm right. Is that a sin or crime? Hardly. I stated before that I don't play games on forums. Obviously, you consider a conversation a game where there's a winner and a loser. That's kind of silly to me. Every conversation doesn't have to be a game. Every conversation doesn't have a winner and a loser. Adults can chat, express opinions, and have differences without keeping score. This forum is for civil discussions, debates, and expressing one's views on a variety of topics. I have not read anywhere that states this forum is a game where we keep score and have winners and losers.

I am willing to discuss any subject matter, but I refuse to make a game of it, keep score, and declare winners and losers. To me, that's silly, immature, and totally unnecessary. If you would like to discuss any issue, I'll be more than glad to engage. But, I refuse to play a winner and loser game, keep score, and then gloat afterwards. I doubt that anyone is going to knock on your door and hand you a large cardboard check, pass out balloons, and have cameras rolling.
I showed that your position was bunk and the opposite of what "social justice" ought to mean, if it should mean anything.
You showed me absolutely nothing. I'm sure that in your mind, you believe that you did. It may have been "bunk" to you, but I certainly didn't see it that way. Like I have said several times already, you see it one way, and I see it another way. You may have attempted to show me something, but obviously, you failed. All I saw was your opinion.

hey dumbass, runnin' your yap doesn't make it true
Your age? Does it make you feel important or intelligent to call someone names? Do you get a thrill from acting childish? Do you know how to be adult and civil in conversations?

Lots of orgs, from the ACLU to the SEIU to the KKK have "social justice" as part of their mission. But what is "social justice"?

"Semantics (from Ancient Greek: σημαντικόςsēmantikós, "significant")[1][2] is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, signs, and symbols, and what they stand for, their denotation. Linguistic semantics is the study of meaning that is used for understanding human expression through language."

Semantics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's unfortunate Rabbi is a bigoted ignoramus, a liar and an all around jerk. If not he might take a class, something beyond his third grade education.
I see you are using Wiki again, the sure sign of a stunted mind.

So social justice means I should work my ass off then be willing to simply give up a portion of that to someone who says they never had opportunities in life?

Some people think it is "social justice" to get you to pay their bills simply because they are alive.

They think that if you make more money than they do then they are entitled to demand that you pay for their food, housing, medical insurance, cell phones anything else they want because that is social justice. They elect scumbags like Obama to use the government to steal your money for them.

Some people think it is "social justice" to get you to pay their bills simply because they are alive.

They think that if you make more money than they do then they are entitled to demand that you pay for their food, housing, medical insurance, cell phones anything else they want because that is social justice. They elect scumbags like Obama to use the government to steal your money for them.

It fits in with their mindset that although they sat in the same classes, had the same teachers, used the same books, and got the same lessons from grades 1 - 12 that I did they didn't have the same opportunities I had.

So 13 pages and no one can say definitively what social justice is. This confirms the thesis that it doesnt mean anything beyond "what I think is right".

Lots of orgs, from the ACLU to the SEIU to the KKK have "social justice" as part of their mission. But what is "social justice"?

"Semantics (from Ancient Greek: σημαντικόςsēmantikós, "significant")[1][2] is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, signs, and symbols, and what they stand for, their denotation. Linguistic semantics is the study of meaning that is used for understanding human expression through language."

Semantics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's unfortunate Rabbi is a bigoted ignoramus, a liar and an all around jerk. If not he might take a class, something beyond his third grade education.
I see you are using Wiki again, the sure sign of a stunted mind.

Would you be pleased if I cited more sources? Doing so will not change the fact that you are a bigot, an ignoramus, a liar and an all around jerk. Once again, don't attempt to pass yourself off as educated or smarter than a box of rocks, no one will believe you.

Basically it's blaming someone else for your life not being what you want it to be.
In fact it often amounts to that.
But if you were to give an unbiased view of what you think people mean when they say that, what would it be?

Sometimes it is best to define a word by what it is not, thus:
  • Social Justice is not to require the poor to pay higher taxes;
  • Social Justice is not to file suit and try to take away their health care;
  • Social Justice is not to make person take three buses to vote, or to make a person wait for hours to cast their vote;
  • Social Justice is not to require a women raped and impregnated to have the child of a rapist.

Basically it's blaming someone else for your life not being what you want it to be.
In fact it often amounts to that.
But if you were to give an unbiased view of what you think people mean when they say that, what would it be?
I think they are talking about making new laws or regulations now to try and make up for injustices of the past.

FYI -- I have no problem. Obviously you've mistaken me for someone else. A simple difference in opinion doesn't present any problems for me. Yes, you did mention a scenario, and I also mentioned that each of us could come up with a million different scenarios concerning crime and punishment. I also gave you one. So, your point is? We could stay here and exchange different scenarios forever. You could present one, we discuss it, then I could present one, and we could discuss it, and on and on and on and on. The bottom line is that we see justice differently, which is perfectly fine with me, I have no problem with it. I respect your right to express your opinion.
Out of your own mouth.

The reason why we don't punish each person the same for the same crime is because there are a million differing circumstances leading to the crime.

Under Social Justice, there are those who would say that the disadvantaged should not be punished for that crime because of their starting point in life while there are those who had everything who must be punished to the full extent of law.

Justice is not simply about punishment alone. That is the very first concept you should get your head around.

It fits in with their mindset that although they sat in the same classes, had the same teachers, used the same books, and got the same lessons from grades 1 - 12 that I did they didn't have the same opportunities I had.
As I said. Social Justice can be summed up very simply.

Equality of outcome.

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. I'll bite. (1) equal opportunity. (2) equal justice. (3) equal taxation. (4) equal representation. (5) equal rights. (6) equal freedom. (7) shared responsibility. (8) the absence of social prejudice. (9) the absence of class warfare. (10) elevating the poor and homeless.
Equal taxation? You'd better hide under a piece of furniture. The heads of security for every radical leftist class envy group are about to smash in your front door.
BTW, I support elevating the poor.....By education, job training, insisting on parents take a vested interest in their children's education. By showing their kids right from wrong and that there are consequences for bad actions. BY teaching adults to properly handle their finances.
Okay, I'll take a stab at it. I'll bite. (1) equal opportunity. (2) equal justice. (3) equal taxation. (4) equal representation. (5) equal rights. (6) equal freedom. (7) shared responsibility. (8) the absence of social prejudice. (9) the absence of class warfare. (10) elevating the poor and homeless.

And we don't have all those, ALREADY?

nice try
No. We don't have all of them, already.
We don't?
Ok, for a moment. lets agree..
Now how to accomplish this is the scary part because those on the liberal side believe that in order to foist their idea of equal on others, something must be "taken away" from someone to accomplish this....This is where liberalism will always lead to failure.

Last edited:

And we don't have all those, ALREADY?

nice try
No. We don't have all of them, already.

shared responsibility. I wasn't born here to share my hard earned blood, sweat and tears with anyone and have to take care of my family too. the taxpayers "shares" enough for others. and they never seem to get ENOUGH or even say, thank you
That's NOT the shared responsibility that I was referring to. Obviously you misunderstood me. SHARED RESPONSIBILY: the environment, natural resources, infrastructure, etc.
"the environment, natural resources, infrastructure, etc.
First, you clearly posted "shared responsibility"....So cut the crap.....
So back to the above, just exactly what do you mean by using those terms?
Look, we do share responsibility in a number of those items. It's called TAXATION....
Get a grip on yourself.

Sometimes it is best to define a word by what it is not, thus:
  • Social Justice is not to require the poor to pay higher taxes;
  • Social Justice is not to file suit and try to take away their health care;
  • Social Justice is not to make person take three buses to vote, or to make a person wait for hours to cast their vote;
  • Social Justice is not to require a women raped and impregnated to have the child of a rapist.
I might query why those things constitute social justice while their corollaries dont:
Social justice is requiring everyone to pay something
Social justice is to seek the best health care system for those who need it while burdening those who pay for it the least
Social justice means making sure everyone's vote counts equally and allow fraud
Social justice means protecting the most vulnerable in society: the unborn.
But that require that I be dealing with someone who has 2 functioning brain cells and hasnt spent his LE career either on the take or on his knees sucking cock. So it's a dead issue.

FYI -- I have no problem. Obviously you've mistaken me for someone else. A simple difference in opinion doesn't present any problems for me. Yes, you did mention a scenario, and I also mentioned that each of us could come up with a million different scenarios concerning crime and punishment. I also gave you one. So, your point is? We could stay here and exchange different scenarios forever. You could present one, we discuss it, then I could present one, and we could discuss it, and on and on and on and on. The bottom line is that we see justice differently, which is perfectly fine with me, I have no problem with it. I respect your right to express your opinion.
Out of your own mouth.

The reason why we don't punish each person the same for the same crime is because there are a million differing circumstances leading to the crime.

Under Social Justice, there are those who would say that the disadvantaged should not be punished for that crime because of their starting point in life while there are those who had everything who must be punished to the full extent of law.

Justice is not simply about punishment alone. That is the very first concept you should get your head around.

In fact in felony sentencing the trier of fact takes factors of mitigation and aggravation into account and states them on record before passing judgment (CA rules of the Court). Factors in mitigation might be the age of the defendant or lack of a criminal record; factors in aggravation might be the victim was aged or particularly vulnerable.

Forum List

Back