What is the biblical timeline for the next era?

Zechariah says it's the Lord who parts the Mount of Olives and shows the Jews the wounds in His hands that he got from the house of His friends, Judah. And, it is specific to the last days. The Mount of Olives has not parted down the middle yet, ever. Jehovah Witness. You obviously side with their redundant thinking.
No, we didn't write our own Bible. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it. We believe the Bible to be the word of God. The Book of Mormon is a second witness of Jesus Christ. Isaiah and Ezekiel both wrote about this Book being one in thine hands. Out of the mouth of two witnesses. HELLO??? Anyone there???
It was divided by warring factions. You shouldn't tamper with scripture.

Cougarbear
norwegen

Do you study. But, do you see any evidence that the Mount of Olives has parted down the middle with nations from the North and all around attacking Israel? No. It's never happened. So, this is a prophecy of our future as well. Not only that, our Lord will stand in the midst of the parted Mount of Olives and show the people who he is with the wounds of the crucifixion atonement. That hasn't happened either unless you want to claim another Mount of Olives in the Americas when in the Book of Mormon mountains were laid low and the Lord came and showed the people there is wounds and who he is.

Zechariah says it's the Lord who parts the Mount of Olives and shows the Jews the wounds in His hands that he got from the house of His friends, Judah. And, it is specific to the last days. The Mount of Olives has not parted down the middle yet, ever. Jehovah Witness. You obviously side with their redundant thinking.
No, we didn't write our own Bible. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it. We believe the Bible to be the word of God. The Book of Mormon is a second witness of Jesus Christ. Isaiah and Ezekiel both wrote about this Book being one in thine hands. Out of the mouth of two witnesses. HELLO??? Anyone there???
Isaiah wrote nothing about Jesus. He was writing about Israel. Israel is called the servant of God throughout the old testament.

Do you study. But, do you see any evidence that the Mount of Olives has parted down the middle with nations from the North and all around attacking Israel? No. It's never happened. So, this is a prophecy of our future as well. Not only that, our Lord will stand in the midst of the parted Mount of Olives and show the people who he is with the wounds of the crucifixion atonement. That hasn't happened either unless you want to claim another Mount of Olives in the Americas when in the Book of Mormon mountains were laid low and the Lord came and showed the people there is wounds and who he is.
John Smith must have written that one.

Isaiah wrote nothing about Jesus. He was writing about Israel. Israel is called the servant of God throughout the old testament.
Wrong again. There's a lot in Isaiah concerning Jesus Christ. Isaiah 53. Israel for the most part was a wicked country most of the time. Not a servant of God. Individuals are servants of God. Not nations. More JW nonsense. :hyper:

Wrong again. There's a lot in Isaiah concerning Jesus Christ. Isaiah 53. Israel for the most part was a wicked country most of the time. Not a servant of God. Individuals are servants of God. Not nations. More JW nonsense. :hyper:
Nope. Isaiah never mentioned Jesus. He's referring to Israel the whole book. You been cheated by John Smith.

Israel was called the suffering servant of God. Even in Hosea it's Israel coming out of Egypt. Sorry.

From the perspective of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that the Prophet Joseph Smith received revelation on the interpretation of the book that was sealed on the back with seven seals as found in the book of Revelation.

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

From this revelation, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints understand that the temporal existence of this earth will last for 7000 years. We also understand that each of the seven seals represent each of the 7 one thousand year periods of the the earths temporal existence. Thus the first seal represents the things of the first thousand years, the second seal represents the things of the second thousand year period, and so on until the seventh seal and the seventh thousand year period.

My personal belief is that we are currently in the end of the sixth seal or sixth thousand year period. Other members of the church believe that we are already in the seventh seal or the seventh thousand year period and believe the second coming of Jesus is very, very close. Per Revelation 8-22 The second coming of Jesus will be after the opening of the seventh seal. It will be toward the beginning of the 7th seal and Christ will then reign on the earth for one thousand years. At the second coming of Christ the resurrection of the just (or first resurrection) will occur. At the end of the 7th seal the resurrection of the unjust will occur. Then the earth will be transformed into a celestial kingdom of God or a kingdom of heaven. Thus the meek shall inherit the earth. That is a very basic timeline and there is much more that can be said but I will leave it at this for now unless you have more interest in my personal beliefs of what will occur in the near distant future.

Last edited:
From the perspective of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that the Prophet Joseph Smith received revelation on the interpretation of the book that was sealed on the back with seven seals as found in the book of Revelation.

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

From this revelation, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints understand that the temporal existence of this earth will last for 7000 years. We also understand that each of the seven seals represent each of the 7 one thousand year periods of the the earths temporal existence. Thus the first seal represents the things of the first thousand years, the second seal represents the things of the second thousand year period, and so on until the seventh seal and the seventh thousand year period.

My personal belief is that we are currently in the end of the sixth seal or sixth thousand year period. Other members of the church believe that we are already in the seventh seal or the seventh thousand year period and believe the second coming of Jesus is very, very close. Per Revelation 8-22 The second coming of Jesus will be after the opening of the seventh seal. It will be toward the beginning of the 7th seal and Christ will then reign on the earth for one thousand years. At the second coming of Christ the resurrection of the just (or first resurrection) will occur. At the end of the 7th seal the resurrection of the unjust will occur. Then the earth will be transformed into a celestial kingdom of God or a kingdom of heaven. Thus the meek shall inherit the earth. That is a very basic timeline and there is much more that can be said but I will leave it at this for now unless you have more interest in my personal beliefs of what will occur in the near distant future.
The Revelation letter says it will happen soon.. before their generation passed.

The Revelation letter says it will happen soon.. before their generation passed.
Like we've discussed more than once, when a revelation from God is received, the soon may be according to God's time and not man's. For example,

Revelation 12;12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil has come down and been down on this earth for nearly six thousand years. But in the overall scheme of eternity, a short time can be the entire time of the earth's temporal existence in the revelations of God. So I really don't buy your rationalization. Also we have spoke previously about how the generation in the days of Jesus may not have passed away yet because of what Jesus told them:

Matthew 16:28

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1

1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

So I don't see the generation Jesus was speaking to all passing away until he comes again in all his kingdom and glory. Case in point is John the Beloved or John the Revelator dead? Jesus told Peter that John would tarry till Jesus would come again:

John 21:20-23
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

John may yet die, but he is tarrying upon the earth up until the second coming of Christ when he will come in the power of his kingdom and glory. Some believe that John may be one of the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation 11 who will lose his life fighting in the great battle just before the Lord sets his foot again upon the Mount of Olives.

Like we've discussed more than once, when a revelation from God is received, the soon may be according to God's time and not man's. For example,

Revelation 12;12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil has come down and been down on this earth for nearly six thousand years. But in the overall scheme of eternity, a short time can be the entire time of the earth's temporal existence in the revelations of God. So I really don't buy your rationalization. Also we have spoke previously about how the generation in the days of Jesus may not have passed away yet because of what Jesus told them:

Matthew 16:28

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1

1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

So I don't see the generation Jesus was speaking to all passing away until he comes again in all his kingdom and glory. Case in point is John the Beloved or John the Revelator dead? Jesus told Peter that John would tarry till Jesus would come again:

John 21:20-23
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

John may yet die, but he is tarrying upon the earth up until the second coming of Christ when he will come in the power of his kingdom and glory. Some believe that John may be one of the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation 11 who will lose his life fighting in the great battle just before the Lord sets his foot again upon the Mount of Olives.
norwegen

A generation in the Bible is 40 years. Revelation says soon before this generation passes. Mormons wrote their own book.

Nope. Isaiah never mentioned Jesus. He's referring to Israel the whole book. You been cheated by John Smith.
Isaiah 53 is the prophetic prophecy of the atonement of Jesus Christ. "He bore our griefs." "He" not "she." You know nothing of English nor any language. Good grief!

I think the Jews know what that's about.

Nope. They don't. They think they do and seem to ignore why 10 of the 12 tribes were carried away and lost while Judah eventually did the same evil in the sight of the Lord and was carried away from Jerusalem. Judah came back but still they were sinners and lost much understanding. They even continued to ignore and stone their prophets. As Malachi wrote, they even continued to rob God by not paying their tithes and offerings. Then, Jesus made it perfectly clear that they errored in all their doctrine as Sadducees and Pharisees. Then, the Temple was destroyed and no prophets since wandering around the world. There is no reason then that Jews know the truth about anything.

Nope. They don't. They think they do and seem to ignore why 10 of the 12 tribes were carried away and lost while Judah eventually did the same evil in the sight of the Lord and was carried away from Jerusalem. Judah came back but still they were sinners and lost much understanding. They even continued to ignore and stone their prophets. As Malachi wrote, they even continued to rob God by not paying their tithes and offerings. Then, Jesus made it perfectly clear that they errored in all their doctrine as Sadducees and Pharisees. Then, the Temple was destroyed and no prophets since wandering around the world. There is no reason then that Jews know the truth about anything.
Do you know the difference between Judah and Israel?

How do you understand this alleged rapture?
The timeline, as I understood it, is this:

1) All Christians are miracle into heaven, in one surprise move. Physically, the way Jesus ascended bodily into heaven, in front of eleven witnesses, forty days after his resurrection. This includes all past living Christians whose bodies will be first reassembled.

2) Some of those left behind will realize the truth of the prophesies and turn to God/Jesus while the rest will fall into a deteriorating post-apocalyptic existence. This time will be called "The Tribulation."

3) After this long period of suffering, Jesus and the Christians will return in glorified bodies and rule the Earth.

Forum List

Back