what is the big deal with picking a Pope?

In fairness, I kind of like the new pope. Couldn't stand Pope Benny

While Americans and Europeans push for birth control, women priests, and an end to celibacy....who really cares?

We ignore the church on those issues anyway. If the church wants to stay in the dark ages it doesn't affect Catholics in industrialized nations

Pope Francis seems intent on focusing on global poverty and the bizarre distribution of wealth. Which will have more global impact

It will have 0 impact. People are no longer gullible puppets of the church. You've got your Sunday socials that blow in the wind as soon as they walk out the door and then there's the few diehards that believe the earth is 6000 years old.

Neither of them shape much of anything on a global scale any longer.

I agree when you look at the Catholic church in Europe and the US

But the Church in Latin America is huge and Catholics take the word of the pope as gospel. Now imagine a Latin American pope?

He will be in a unique position in pushing a church wide agenda to help the poor

In fairness, I kind of like the new pope. Couldn't stand Pope Benny

While Americans and Europeans push for birth control, women priests, and an end to celibacy....who really cares?

We ignore the church on those issues anyway. If the church wants to stay in the dark ages it doesn't affect Catholics in industrialized nations

Pope Francis seems intent on focusing on global poverty and the bizarre distribution of wealth. Which will have more global impact

It will have 0 impact. People are no longer gullible puppets of the church. You've got your Sunday socials that blow in the wind as soon as they walk out the door and then there's the few diehards that believe the earth is 6000 years old.

Neither of them shape much of anything on a global scale any longer.

I agree when you look at the Catholic church in Europe and the US

But the Church in Latin America is huge and Catholics take the word of the pope as gospel. Now imagine a Latin American pope?

He will be in a unique position in pushing a church wide agenda to help the poor

Well you are right in that aspect. But I don't concern myself with what the uneducated in third world countries think.

As long as mass charity continues it is easier to look the other way while they continue to mislead the masses.

Forum List

Back