What is the essential difference between right and left ?

The right interprets the Constitution in the way they want, just like the left.

I agree to an extent. However, I do think the right tries to adhere more to the original intent of the laws in the Constitution, where the left wants to morph it for social engineering purposes, to right perceived past wrongs, etc. I appreciate though that there is a political bias to both sides.
I disagree. Anyone calling themselves "originalists" are kidding themselves.

I agree to an extent. However, I do think the right tries to adhere more to the original intent of the laws in the Constitution, where the left wants to morph it for social engineering purposes, to right perceived past wrongs, etc. I appreciate though that there is a political bias to both sides.
Really? That means leftwingers are free to claim that Constitution says anything they want it to say.

Last edited:

Really? That means leftwingers are free to claim that Constitution says anything they want it say?
Why not? That's what the conservitards do.

Really? That means leftwingers are free to claim that Constitution says anything they want it say?
Because it makes the Constitution utterly meaningless, moron. Why even have a Constitution if the government can interpret to mean whatever it wants? What if the conservative majority claims it says that it's legal to lock people up just because they're Democrats? Who are you to disagree?

The essential differences are that the Left like the following policies, the Right like better ones
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and delivery systems
11. Tax corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Max food stamps instead of good paying jobs
13. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
14. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (exaggeration)
21. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
22. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and Hillary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.
28. Allow the ACLU, and BLM to protect criminals and put blue lives in danger. Stop and frisk saved lives, democrat Chicago is a war zone
29. Smear GOP candidates because you can't defend the above, hire bimbos to claim they've been sexually assaulted

Most of those sound like things centrists would support—not leftists. Unless you consider liberals like those in the Democratic Party to be leftists.

Communists, anarchists, etc are typically seen to be left-wing throughout most of the world. But again, I'm not a huge fan of the left/right divide.
Obviously, you're a leftist.

Sure. I'm an anarchist and communist after all.
Your kind support everything in that list. Centrists don't.

Correct.

There is no such thing as ‘originalism.’

It was the understanding and intent of the Founding Generation that the Supreme Court interpret the Constitution to determine its meaning.

Indeed, the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive, finite understanding as to the rights and protected liberties of the American people; the purpose of the Constitution was to codify the principles and tenets of freedom to safeguard citizens’ rights from government excess and overreach – manifestations of government excess and overreach the Framers could not foresee but knew would occur the consequence of the imperfections of democracy and the fear and ignorance of the people.

Therefore, the myth of ‘originalism’ is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Correct.

There is no such thing as ‘originalism.’

It was the understanding and intent of the Founding Generation that the Supreme Court interpret the Constitution to determine its meaning.

Indeed, the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive, finite understanding as to the rights and protected liberties of the American people; the purpose of the Constitution was to codify the principles and tenets of freedom to safeguard citizens’ rights from government excess and overreach – manifestations of government excess and overreach the Framers could not foresee but knew would occur the consequence of the imperfections of democracy and the fear and ignorance of the people.

Therefore, the myth of ‘originalism’ is as ridiculous as it is wrong.
That's 100% propaganda. It's a leftwing myth. Your claim that "the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive, finite understanding as to the rights and protected liberties of the American people" is obvious horseshit. They wrote the document, but you claim they didn't understand it?

It's also obvious horseshit that the Founding Fathers intended for the Supreme Court to interpret the Consitution. No where is their any written claim to that effect. In fact, the idea didn't gain currency until after the Civil War. Prior to that Americans believed that every state was free to interpret the document and withdraw their consent if the federal government violated that understanding.

The essential differences are that the Left like the following policies, the Right like better ones
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (exaggeration)
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and Hillary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.
28. Allow the ACLU, and BLM to protect criminals and put blue lives in danger. Stop and frisk saved lives, democrat Chicago is a war zone
29. Smear GOP candidates because you can't defend the above, hire bimbos to claim they've been sexually assaulted

Most of those sound like things centrists would support—not leftists. Unless you consider liberals like those in the Democratic Party to be leftists.

Communists, anarchists, etc are typically seen to be left-wing throughout most of the world. But again, I'm not a huge fan of the left/right divide.

Pretty sure anarchists don't support the existence of borders or corporations.

Thomas Jefferson, at least, disagrees with you. He wrote the following, in 1820, in a letter to William Charles Jarvis:

You seem to consider the federal judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions, a very dangerous doctrine, indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men, and not more so. They have with others the same passions for the party, for power and the privilege of the corps. Their power is the more dangerous, as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves.

We have a general welfare clause; it is expressly enumerated in our federal Constitution.

The power to provide for the general welfare must be general if we are to promote the general welfare whenever practicable.

And the Constitution provides limits on what the Federal Government can do to promote the general welfare. Remember, our system of government intended for the STATES to have the most power. That was destroyed by Lincoln, and every President, and Congress since.

1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling

Pretty sure anarchists don't support the existence of borders or corporations.
So you support everything else?

Here's some news for you kid: you aren't an anarchist. Being a leftist is 100% the opposite of being an anarchist.

And the Constitution provides limits on what the Federal Government can do to promote the general welfare. Remember, our system of government intended for the STATES to have the most power. That was destroyed by Lincoln, and every President, and Congress since.
The power to Provide for the general welfare is also delegated to the federal government.

These days it is the left hook and the right punch. God help these riotous zealots.

They do? Care to give us an example?

Just woke up and read this thread.

Hmmmm.

In the UK its a very easy situation to sum up. The UK has been fucked for centuries by a hierarchy and system that protected the rich and powerful and left the majority in poverty.
Only left wing politics has wrought any change. Housing,health,education,rights for women,votes for women,equality, clean air,clean water and so on. All of these were opposed by the right. By the right I mean the tories. This is the party of self interest who manage to confuse enough dupes into supporting their self interest.

My view was that the best of America was based on leftish principles. A view that things could get better, things needed to change in order to deliver on the hyperbole. I see he righties on this thread confirming my OP with every post. fear of intelligent women,fear of the black man, fear of the gay man/woman, fear of education, fear of freedom of thought, fear of people voting and so on.

They cling to the past as if it was some sort of wonderland when in reality it was anything but. Change can be scary and I sort of understand it to a point. But now these people have a president in their own image. An absolute pig of a man who is making America into a laughing stock with his ignorance and stupidity.

He is doing the lefts work for them.

America is facing a choice - revert to a backward ,insular country where minorities are punished,where education is frowned on and healthcare is only for the rich. Or progress to a fairer , more educated society in which everybody is valued.

Its darkness and light, and light will win because we have better ideas and everbody can be a part of it.

Wow.....

This post is loaded with crap.

Let's sum it up by saying your "better" ideas have screwed countries over the centuries.

We learn from history....you seem want to throw it a way or re-write it.

Your claims are crap. If you don't live here STFU

The left live in hope and the right live in fear.

I have always felt that things can always get better but my right wing friends think that things can only get worse.

Progressive is a positive. If it wasnt we would still be living in caves.

The right creates value, the left takes value by force and violence.

Liberals are pragmatists,

Liberals govern by following the Constitution and its case law, respecting the rights of citizens, and placing limits of the power and authority of the state.

Luaghing animated .gif

Forum List

Back