What is the essential difference between right and left ?

The right wants to tell me who I can fuck and who I can marry.

No, the right wants you to not fuck minors or other people who can’t consent.

Your STATE wants to tell you who you can marry. As was established as the States’ powers in Windsor 2013.

The Left are busybodies who want to tell everyone else how to live.

The Right mostly just want to be left alone.
Correct.

And the right wants to punish you if have sex with or marry someone of the same sex.

It’s an example of the right’s fear of diversity and desire to compel conformity.

Funny how you think Sharia Law (stoning rape victims, killing gays) replacing Western Civ is fine, but want to force bakers to bake gay wedding cakes.

Here's what you drooling loons of the left fail to understand: Tolerance is not Acceptance. One may tolerate things one doesn't support by not wanting to be involved in whatever those things are. It's a form of opting out. You want to make participation compulsory.

And the left wants to tell you who you can hire, or how to take care of your health.

This is why I don't take the distinction between the left and right very seriously. The distinction that matters to me is their attitude toward bullying. I want a government that protects us from bullies. Both the left and the right, in the guise of Democrats and Republicans, seek government that IS the bully, that tells us how to live.

Bingo. Heinlein put it best...and I'll note that in the present day, the Left has a much larger ratio of the Former than does the Right:

“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.”

And the left wants to tell you who you can hire, or how to take care of your health.

This is why I don't take the distinction between the left and right very seriously. The distinction that matters to me is their attitude toward bullying. I want a government that protects us from bullies. Both the left and the right, in the guise of Democrats and Republicans, seek government that IS the bully, that tells us how to live.

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.

James Madison

Government is the bully of your nightmare. Contravene a government regulation even a governmental entity so trivial as your hoa and see what happens. Financial ruin, imprisonment, execution, government can and will kill you. You desire the biggest bully on the block to protect you from bullies? Do you wake up in a new world every morning?

You need to learn something about the scope of limited government, bub. Without such, we have the anarchy of ANTIFA.

The left live in hope and the right live in fear.

I have always felt that things can always get better but my right wing friends think that things can only get worse.

Progressive is a positive. If it wasnt we would still be living in caves.
The Left are pompous, self-righteous aggressive-progressives who think they know what's best for everyone in a lesser station in life.

The Right are pompous, self-righteous, selfish, myopic twits who don't give a damn about anyone in a lesser station in life.

They're both full of $hit clean up to their ears and not to be trusted.. variations on the Same Old $hit... different wrappers.

Lol. That was one of the funniest thing I have read all week.

The left wants to do away with everything that made the country great. They want to let the dregs of other countries live here with benefits paid while sending money to other countries to support that country.

The right wants to have a proper immigration policy that allows only qualified people in that want to live here and not be a drain on society. They want them to keep the money they make and not finance other countries. They want to keep the same ideals and values held by those that founded this country and made it a world power.

Guess it all depends on if you live in the country and care about it or are living in another country and don't care about this one.
That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. The right wants to have sex with children. The left doesn’t
No the right does not but the left wants to kill the young.

Like abortion and gay marriage?

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy .... zzzzzzzz.

Your strawman is burning.

Not wanting to pay for and participate in something is wanting to be left alone. That's how most on the Right feel.

The Right respects the Constitution as written, and realizes this is what makes people come here legally, and is what made our country great.

The Left wants to dismantle the Constitution or illegally "interpret" it for Social Engineering purposes.
The right interprets the Constitution in the way they want, just like the left.

I have always felt that things can always get better but my right wing friends think that things can only get worse.

To tell you the truth, there isn't much difference. Each side believes theirs is the only right way to run things.

Both have started to devolve and drift further and further towards the fringe element.

I can't disagree more with your statement that there's not much difference.

The differences are many and very real.
Correct.

Conservatives are ideologues, they adhere blindly to sanctioned conservative doctrine and dogma, doctrine and dogma hostile to change, diversity, and inclusion.

And conservatives seek to codify their failed, wrongheaded dogma into secular law all must follow in an effort to compel conformity.

Liberals are pragmatists, they abhor political ideologies and seek to govern based on facts and documented evidence, as opposed to blind pollical dogma.

Liberals govern by following the Constitution and its case law, respecting the rights of citizens, and placing limits of the power and authority of the state.

The left wants to do away with everything that made the country great. They want to let the dregs of other countries live here with benefits paid while sending money to other countries to support that country.

The right wants to have a proper immigration policy that allows only qualified people in that want to live here and not be a drain on society. They want them to keep the money they make and not finance other countries. They want to keep the same ideals and values held by those that founded this country and made it a world power.

Guess it all depends on if you live in the country and care about it or are living in another country and don't care about this one.
I want to end of the illegal problem with an ID card national ID like other countries have d u h. Republicans cause all these problems they refuse and fear monger ID cards and love cheap easily bullied labor. Also the GOP rich don't like paying taxes and don't give a s*** about the non rich or anybody else, but brainwash them with garbage character assassination of Democrats. Raise their taxes like every other country in the world ever and invest in training for jobs going begging good jobs tech jobs and give people a living wage and good vacations. People here are crazy LOL they need vacations and always have. And cheap health care daycare, good infrastructure. Then we have a healthy Society. Right now 26% are crazy according to the psychiatrists.
I will ask one simple question. Who is in charge of sancutuary cities and states?

I will make it easy for you. Democrats. What is the reason for sancutuary? It is so that cheap labor is available. What good does cheap labor do to help legal U.S. citizens? It helps to keep wages low as there is no incentive to pay higher wages.

Thanks for your oversimplified description of how you wish things were.

The left want to co-opt government to force people to do what they "know" is right.

The right simply wants government to leave them alone beyond it's explicit scope.

What do you mean better? All your rights taken away ?
And all they want you to do our very popular, dumbass. But you are totally brainwashed by the GOP greedy idiot Rich billionaires. And ObamaCare is getting cheaper this year.... what did you expect miracles?
They never should have made Obamacare mandatory that was not what Obama himself wanted. So take it and like it.
If he did not want it to be mandatory he could have changed that at anytime during the 22 unilateral changes he made to ACA without congressional approval.

I want to end of the illegal problem with an ID card national ID like other countries have d u h. Republicans cause all these problems they refuse and fear monger ID cards and love cheap easily bullied labor. Also the GOP rich don't like paying taxes and don't give a s*** about the non rich or anybody else, but brainwash them with garbage character assassination of Democrats. Raise their taxes like every other country in the world ever and invest in training for jobs going begging good jobs tech jobs and give people a living wage and good vacations. People here are crazy LOL they need vacations and always have. And cheap health care daycare, good infrastructure. Then we have a healthy Society. Right now 26% are crazy according to the psychiatrists.
I will ask one simple question. Who is in charge of sancutuary cities and states?

I will make it easy for you. Democrats. What is the reason for sancutuary? It is so that cheap labor is available. What good does cheap labor do to help legal U.S. citizens? It helps to keep wages low as there is no incentive to pay higher wages.
Indeed.

So much for the Democrats being the Party of the Working Man.

The Democrats have been drifting away from the American Worker for decades.

The reality of Democratic Elitism has finally caught up with them at the ballot box.

/——/ Who fears guns, low taxes, global warming, conservative judges and secure borders? Not the Right.

The right interprets the Constitution in the way they want, just like the left.

I agree to an extent. However, I do think the right tries to adhere more to the original intent of the laws in the Constitution, where the left wants to morph it for social engineering purposes, to right perceived past wrongs, etc. I appreciate though that there is a political bias to both sides.

Indeed.

So much for the Democrats being the Party of the Working Man.

The Democrats have been drifting away from the American Worker for decades.

The reality of Democratic Elitism has finally caught up with them at the ballot box.

It's difficult to be for the workers when you're dedicating so much time to those that don't want to work. It's difficult to say you are for the workers when you welcome in foreigners to take Americans work.

Indeed....So much for the Democrats being the Party of the Working Man....The Democrats have been drifting away from the American Worker for decades....The reality of Democratic Elitism has finally caught up with them at the ballot box.

Let me put that another way as a warning to both parties:

'Whoever wins the middle, wins elections." Word to the wise...

The essential differences are that the Left like the following policies, the Right like better ones
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and delivery systems
11. Tax corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Max food stamps instead of good paying jobs
13. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
14. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (exaggeration)
21. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
22. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and Hillary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.
28. Allow the ACLU, and BLM to protect criminals and put blue lives in danger. Stop and frisk saved lives, democrat Chicago is a war zone
29. Smear GOP candidates because you can't defend the above, hire bimbos to claim they've been sexually assaulted

Most of those sound like things centrists would support—not leftists. Unless you consider liberals like those in the Democratic Party to be leftists.

Communists, anarchists, etc are typically seen to be left-wing throughout most of the world. But again, I'm not a huge fan of the left/right divide.
Obviously, you're a leftist.

Sure. I'm an anarchist and communist after all.

Just woke up and read this thread.

Hmmmm.

In the UK its a very easy situation to sum up. The UK has been fucked for centuries by a hierarchy and system that protected the rich and powerful and left the majority in poverty.
Only left wing politics has wrought any change. Housing,health,education,rights for women,votes for women,equality, clean air,clean water and so on. All of these were opposed by the right. By the right I mean the tories. This is the party of self interest who manage to confuse enough dupes into supporting their self interest.

My view was that the best of America was based on leftish principles. A view that things could get better, things needed to change in order to deliver on the hyperbole. I see he righties on this thread confirming my OP with every post. fear of intelligent women,fear of the black man, fear of the gay man/woman, fear of education, fear of freedom of thought, fear of people voting and so on.

They cling to the past as if it was some sort of wonderland when in reality it was anything but. Change can be scary and I sort of understand it to a point. But now these people have a president in their own image. An absolute pig of a man who is making America into a laughing stock with his ignorance and stupidity.

He is doing the lefts work for them.

America is facing a choice - revert to a backward ,insular country where minorities are punished,where education is frowned on and healthcare is only for the rich. Or progress to a fairer , more educated society in which everybody is valued.

Its darkness and light, and light will win because we have better ideas and everbody [sic] can be a part of it.

1295180.png

Forum List

Back