What is the Purpose of Gay Marriage?

traditional marriage is about having and raising children with both a mother and a father and promoting a stable society.....
And yet several states will only allow 1st cousins to marry if they can prove that one or both are incapable of having children. So right there is proof that, in those states at the minimum, marriage is absolutely considered more than about having and raising children.

seems like that law is more about preventing too closely related offspring....

Well, yes, that is the point of the laws. But most states that forbid 1st cousin marriages, just forbid them all. Why specifically allow marriages ONLY IF THEY CANNOT produce children?

moral laws based on majority opinion simply reflect society....as long as no religion is being established...

go vote for gay marriage in the state of your choice.....hey if the majority agrees you got your wish....

You are ignorant of our Country, which is ironic.

Our Country is one where Rights cannot be taken away by majority opinion. That is the way we do business.

Here, you're basically saying anything goes as long as it's majority opinion.

You lack the knowledge of individualism and its history. That's apparent.

I'm sure you won't whine when "majority" favors gay marriage, either.

where in the Constitution does it say gay marriage is a right....?

did some lefty lawyer sniff it out from the same place they found the 'right to abortions'....?

Are you daft?

You said "morals" are legislated via majority rule.

I'm telling you that by the very definition of our Country (which was founded based on individualism), they are NOT.

traditional marriage is about having and raising children with both a mother and a father and promoting a stable society.....'gay marriage' only undermines that stability....because children become pawns and are denied either their real father or real mother and real parents become dispensible....so which marriage do you think is morally superior...?

That is opinion, not fact.

Same goes for infertile couples wanting to raise children.

you are entitled to your own opinion....as are others....

when we make the laws that we live by in this country.....they should reflect the opinions and morals of the majority....

despite what leftist judges have ruled and despite what leftie polls say.....the majority in this country are still pro-traditional marriage...even in fruits-and-nuts California...as Prop 8 proved in Nov. 2008....

Majority opinion means jack shit if it's unconstitutional. You need reminding, it was a conservative California Supreme Court which ruled for gay marriage in California before Prop H8 was voted in. And because Prop H8 is unconstitutional, it will be struck down by SCOTUS.

Having a hard time figuring that out?

Last edited:
An unmarried couple with children gets virtually every child-related financial benefit that a married couple gets.

Gay marriage is about gay people wanting equal treatment under the laws that involve marriage.

traditional marriage is about having and raising children with both a mother and a father and promoting a stable society.....'gay marriage' only undermines that stability....because children become pawns and are denied either their real father or real mother and real parents become dispensible....so which marriage do you think is morally superior...?
I'm all for gay marriage to begin with but if gay marriage undermines your idea of moral superiority, then I'm really all for it.

yes we know you are a godless anti-religious relativistic Secular bigot....

God isn't even remotely relevant to the issue of gay marriage and yet people like you insist on bringing it up.

Take your god issues and butt out.

Relativism is where Religions contrived their "morals." And, ya can't prove otherwise.

how can that be....? relativism by definition has no morality....

Because Religiously written morals were derrived from men, not from a deity.

They're arrived at based on reason.

Which is why you couldn't really name one of the main morals that I can't come to with logic, meaning I wouldnt need Religion at all to reach said conclusion.

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

In quoting Genesis 1:27, Jesus indicated first that God has made men and women different, and that God is the one who joins men and women together in marriage. In this, Jesus asserts God’s authority over marriage; it is God’s institution, not man’s – so it is fair to say that His rules apply.

Matthew 19 - Jesus Teaches on Marriage, Divorce, Riches, and Discipleship

what rules apply to gay marriage....? and where did you get them...?

Politics, sex and religion.

And the crotch of the three lands squarely at marriage equlity.

Perhaps if we talked more about politics, sex and relgion, we would understand that there is nothing to fear when they meet.

Which is why you couldn't really name one of the main morals that I can't come to with logic, meaning I wouldnt need Religion at all to reach said conclusion.

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

In quoting Genesis 1:27, Jesus indicated first that God has made men and women different, and that God is the one who joins men and women together in marriage. In this, Jesus asserts God’s authority over marriage; it is God’s institution, not man’s – so it is fair to say that His rules apply.

What rules apply to gay marriage and where did I get them?

You...............

totally fucking lost me.

You are ignorant of our Country, which is ironic.

Our Country is one where Rights cannot be taken away by majority opinion. That is the way we do business.

Here, you're basically saying anything goes as long as it's majority opinion.

You lack the knowledge of individualism and its history. That's apparent.

I'm sure you won't whine when "majority" favors gay marriage, either.

did some lefty lawyer sniff it out from the same place they found the 'right to abortions'....?

Are you daft?

I'm telling you that by the very definition of our Country (which was founded based on individualism), they are NOT.

so the laws against stealing are not based on morality.....? you're the one starting to sound pretty daft...

Last edited:

We are not a theocracy, so obviously our rules don't come from some religion's storybook.

If you want to make gay Americans second class citizens, I suggest you amend the Constitution.

Are you daft?

so the laws against stealing are not a law based on morality.....? you're the one starting to sound pretty daft...

You cant even follow a basic conversation.

I didnt say laws are never based on morality.

I said that we dont legislate based on majority rule.

Is that really that hard for you to grasp?

Sounds to me like that passage condemns divorce, unequivocally.

That is opinion, not fact.

Same goes for infertile couples wanting to raise children.

you are entitled to your own opinion....as are others....

when we make the laws that we live by in this country.....they should reflect the opinions and morals of the majority....

despite what leftist judges have ruled and despite what leftie polls say.....the majority in this country are still pro-traditional marriage...even in fruits-and-nuts California...as Prop 8 proved in Nov. 2008....

Majority opinion means jack shit if it's unconstitutional. You need reminding, it was a conservative California Supreme Court which ruled for gay marriage in California before Prop H8 was voted in. And because Prop H8 is unconstitutional, it will be struck down by SCOTUS.

Having a hard time figuring that out?

only because the fruit-n-nuts judges of Callyfornicate ruled it so....(if they push it all back to the states)

I'm all for gay marriage to begin with but if gay marriage undermines your idea of moral superiority, then I'm really all for it.

yes we know you are a godless anti-religious relativistic Secular bigot....

God isn't even remotely relevant to the issue of gay marriage and yet people like you insist on bringing it up.

Take your god issues and butt out.

take your Secularist Shit and butt out...

Here's a simple decision making flow chart:

1) Are the people applying for a marriage license committing any crimes? If yes, refer them to the civil authorities. If no, go to question two.

2) Are the people applying for a marriage license of the age of majority? If no, call their parents. If yes, go to question three.

3) Are the people applying for a marriage license doing so of their own free will? If no, tell the prospective father-in-law to put down the shotgun. If yes, go to question four.

4) Are the people applying for a marriage license required to have the ceremony performed by a priest, rabbi, minister or imam? If yes, check your location. If no, you know that you're in the United States of America and grant them the license.

It's one thing to assert western christianity influenced the morality of people like Locke and Jefferson, though Jefferson's views on marriage were questionable on morality grounds, but it's quite another thing to assert American marriage laws exist to apply Jewish (and the reformed don't really follow those) or Jesus out of context quites to civil law.

We are not a theocracy, so obviously our rules don't come from some religion's storybook.

If you want to make gay Americans second class citizens, I suggest you amend the Constitution.

when will you libs ever understand this.....?

you are right.....we are NOT a theocracy....

you are wrong....we DO legislate morality into our laws....stealing for example....

there is a minority who believes in stealing.....should we give them that right....? i mean after all who are we to legislate morality....?? :rolleyes:

To obtain financial benefits (joint tax returns and spousal social security benefits) without having to rear children?

No one doubts this.

"You may be as straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow. Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan. I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you're gay, and y'all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits? I just see so much abuse in this it's unreal."

-- Georgia Republican Party Chairwoman Sue Everhart, quoted by the Marietta Daily Journal, arguing against same-sex marriage.

BD,

You don't think different-sex couples can do this?

I can state that yes these types of things happen, I remember one junior enlisted "couple" that got Civilly Married so they would qualify to move out of the barracks.

Then of course there are differen-sex sham marriages used for immigration purposes.

>>>>

Forum List

Back