What is the rationale for affirmative action for hispanics?

I apologize, I assumed that, when you called people whiners for complaining about AA, you were implying that their complaints were invalid.

Let's take the whining out of the equation. Should the Chinese girl be passed over by virtue of a government mandate that prefers someone else for racial reasons? If so, why?

Yes she should be passed over. You cant hog up all the spots. You already have spots selected for you. Be better than the people in your particular designation. The whole point of AA is to even the playing field not stack it for one minority. Thats how we got here in the first place. Whites had 400 years of getting all the spots.

Why should the spots be separated by race at all?

How does your desire to see them separated as such not make you racist?

Or am I making an assumption, there? Do you admit to your racism?

I'm beginning to think you dont actually know what AA is. Its a program to battle the results of institutionalized racism. By that fact it cant be racist. If it was racist it would prefer one race over another due to the idea the less prefered race was inherently inferior. Since it does the opposite it is a balancing mechanism for the previous system that preferred whites and was racist. Do you see the difference?

Yes she should be passed over. You cant hog up all the spots. You already have spots selected for you. Be better than the people in your particular designation. The whole point of AA is to even the playing field not stack it for one minority. Thats how we got here in the first place. Whites had 400 years of getting all the spots.

You are a racist pig. Whine on, racist.

If you say so. Just remember I'm not the one that needed AA to become the dominating culture at the expense of all other races.

You are "the one" who needs government intercession to get a job, aren't you?

But the misplaced anger of minorities who demand Affirmative Action is, or is not, dangerous and stupid. Affirmative Action is blatant admittance that minorities are incapable of achieving anything on their own without government intercession. Is that true?

Its not stupid if it is existing and someone is taking it away. Once its gone however then life has to go on.

Thats only true if whites feel the same way about their 400 years of AA. Whites would not be the dominating culture if the government had not made sure of that for 400 years. Is that true?

Whine, whine, whine...you incompetent, incapable racist. Face it, you wouldn't even have a job in the free market if AA hadn't intervened and put someone capable in the position.
Racist.

Wel I dont have a job but when i did it was not gained by AA. Never had to use it though if I had to I would not have felt bad about it.

I'm beginning to think you dont actually know what AA is. Its a program to battle the results of institutionalized racism. By that fact it cant be racist. If it was racist it would prefer one race over another due to the idea the less prefered race was inherently inferior. Since it does the opposite it is a balancing mechanism for the previous system that preferred whites and was racist. Do you see the difference?

Hilarious, you piss and whine about how one race has been favored over another...while supporting a program that does JUST that. Racist.

Its not stupid if it is existing and someone is taking it away. Once its gone however then life has to go on.

Thats only true if whites feel the same way about their 400 years of AA. Whites would not be the dominating culture if the government had not made sure of that for 400 years. Is that true?

Whine, whine, whine...you incompetent, incapable racist. Face it, you wouldn't even have a job in the free market if AA hadn't intervened and put someone capable in the position.
Racist.

Wel I dont have a job but when i did it was not gained by AA. Never had to use it though if I had to I would not have felt bad about it.

Yeah, right. Racist.

Hilarious, you piss and whine about how one race has been favored over another...while supporting a program that does JUST that. Racist.

I didnt start the thread. I was just laughing at the losers that are upset about AA. Thats hardly whining.

I didnt start the thread. I was just laughing at the losers that are upset about AA. Thats hardly whining.

Then you noticed where I mentioned that blacks might at some point have used the argument that they were unwillingly brought here and forced into slavery. The OP asked how that translated into some special AA allowance for hispanics who have come here of their own free will and have never experienced slavery in this country.

Then you noticed where I mentioned that blacks might at some point have used the argument that they were unwillingly brought here and forced into slavery. The OP asked how that translated into some special AA allowance for hispanics who have come here of their own free will and have never experienced slavery in this country.

Is that just a statement or are you asking a question?

Refer to the original OP. What is the rationale for AA for hispanics?

Refer to the original OP. What is the rationale for AA for hispanics?

White racism.

No black racism? No hispanic racism? Only whites are capable of racism then?

I'm not following you. What does that have to do with AA being instituted due to institutionalized white racism? You keep bringing up strawmen.

You seem to recognize only white racism, no other. So, are you claiming that blacks, hispanics, etc., are incapable of racism?

I think you are either confused on the topic of AA or you have nothing else and wish to change the topic. Which one is it?

I'm not following you. What does that have to do with AA being instituted due to institutionalized white racism? You keep bringing up strawmen.

You seem to recognize only white racism, no other. So, are you claiming that blacks, hispanics, etc., are incapable of racism?

I think you are either confused on the topic of AA or you have nothing else and wish to change the topic. Which one is it?

I think you are avoiding the question.
Are blacks and hispanics incapable of racism?

I think you are avoiding the question.
Are blacks and hispanics incapable of racism?

I think you are avoiding the topic and my question. The topic is AA. Are you attempting to change the subject?

Forum List

Back