What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

Also from HHS

Consistent data is lacking.

"There is no comprehensive source of data on premiums in the individual market, although data being gathered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will fill this gap in the future. By contrast, there is a consistent source of longitudinal, nationally representative data on premiums for employer-sponsored group insurance, the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey-Insurance Component (MEPS-IC) conducted by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS).[4]"

Still

"In the individual market in 2012 the average rate increase implemented in the analytic sample was 8.1 percent, 30 percent (or 3.5 percentage points) lower than the 11.6 percent average in 2010. By contrast, rate increases in the group market have been relatively stable from 2009 to 2011 (data from the 2012 MEPS-IC is not yet available).[7] These results are consistent with the hypothesis that, on net, the Affordable Care Act contributed to a decrease in the rate of premium growth in the individual market."

Also from HHS

Consistent data is lacking.

"There is no comprehensive source of data on premiums in the individual market, although data being gathered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will fill this gap in the future. By contrast, there is a consistent source of longitudinal, nationally representative data on premiums for employer-sponsored group insurance, the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey-Insurance Component (MEPS-IC) conducted by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS).[4]"

Still

"In the individual market in 2012 the average rate increase implemented in the analytic sample was 8.1 percent, 30 percent (or 3.5 percentage points) lower than the 11.6 percent average in 2010. By contrast, rate increases in the group market have been relatively stable from 2009 to 2011 (data from the 2012 MEPS-IC is not yet available).[7] These results are consistent with the hypothesis that, on net, the Affordable Care Act contributed to a decrease in the rate of premium growth in the individual market."
With the dismal number of paying customers Vs subsidized customers, so far 2015 looks like a disaster in waiting with premiums rising.
The 18-34 year category will gladly pay the fine than the overinflated premiums being forced on them.

Another HHS report with projected premium savings of 18% of previous expectations

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2013/MarketCompetitionPremiums/rb_premiums.pdf

It refers to both CBO and CMS projections. It includes links to CMS premium projections.

So you're paying more, just not as much as what they projected. Gotch ya :eusa_whistle:

Where does it say "you're paying more?"
I think you're not understanding what your source is telling you. Premiums are rising, there is no question about that, but, they aren't rising as much as "projected".

Please, show me where it says that they're paying less. :eusa_eh:

Why would you think that the young people would choose to pay X and get nothing, than pay X+, and get protection from medical bankruptcy?

Nah, it is all projections, obviously, as the main provisions of PPACA don't begin until 2014. It will be the first quarter of 2015 before we actualy know.

So you're paying more, just not as much as what they projected. Gotch ya :eusa_whistle:

I think you're not understanding what your source is telling you. Premiums are rising, there is no question about that, but, they aren't rising as much as "projected".

I never said they were. I don't male shit up like you do.

For instance, it is obvious that you believe the CPI, PCE, and COLA go down every yea and that employees wages go down regularly, a "negative raise".

That is pretty dumb.

For instance, it is obvious that you believe the CPI, PCE, and COLA go down every yea and that employees wages go down regularly, a "negative raise".

That is pretty dumb.

Here's your problem obama has already admitted to lying you're defending obamacare of course you have to make shit up

That is pretty dumb.

You have no idea what I believe....that's pretty "dumb" on your behalf to think that.
You made a post referencing that "projected premium savings of 18% of previous expectations". I stated that the premiums are still going up, just not as much as projected. Please don't be an idiot.
Remember when Obama stated we were going to save 2,500 dollars on premiums?
lies, lies, lies.....yet you'll fall for it. :eusa_whistle:

Nah, it is all projections, obviously, as the main provisions of PPACA don't begin until 2014. It will be the first quarter of 2015 before we actualy know.

:confused:

So you have no clue how economic data, like the GNP and GSP are gathered. Your under the belief that the BEA has ca rystal ball and can see into the future, eh.

Prettu dumb.
You are out in left field with your posting, dude...might want to reel it back in, and stay on topic of your own posting earlier.

That is pretty dumb.

Here's your problem obama has already admitted to lying you're defending obamacare of course you have to make shit up

You're as brainless as the other guy. Nowhere have I "defended obamacare".

You're imagining things that do not exist.

I just presented the researched info I could find regarding rates. The CBO, Kiaser, HHS and BLS are the go to sources.

You, apparently, believe that examining objective data is "defending" something. This explains why you don't know much.

That is pretty dumb.

I just presented the researched info I could find regarding rates. The CBO, Kiaser, HHS and BLS are the go to sources.

You, apparently, believe that examining objective data is "defending" something. This explains why you don't know much.

Seems with all the personal attacks you know what you stated, and now you can't defend it other than attacking people who disagree with you. Might want to tone it down, it doesn't help your case.

Last edited:

That is pretty dumb.

You have no idea what I believe....that's pretty "dumb" on your behalf to think that.
You made a post referencing that "projected premium savings of 18% of previous expectations". I stated that the premiums are still going up, just not as much as projected. Please don't be an idiot.

I did't say anything about what you believe. I presented an example like your stupid comment. Read it again. I said, "I don't make shit up, like you do. For instance..." followed by an example of what might be infered from you bullshit.

That is pretty dumb.

Are you saying you have never defended obamacare?

Another HHS report with projected premium savings of 18% of previous expectations

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2013/MarketCompetitionPremiums/rb_premiums.pdf

It refers to both CBO and CMS projections. It includes links to CMS premium projections.

Remember when you posted this? Clearly shows that you were confused in what your source was stating. I just wanted to clear that up for you, then your insults started flying.

So you have no clue how economic data, like the GNP and GSP are gathered. Your under the belief that the BEA has ca rystal ball and can see into the future, eh.

Prettu dumb.
You are out in left field with your posting, dude...might want to reel it back in, and stay on topic of your own posting earlier.

So you believe that premiums can be known for 2014 in 2013? Is that what you're saying? Cuz all I can find are projections. Perhaps you have a source for 2014 premiums.

That is pretty dumb.

I did't say anything about what you believe. I presented an example like your stupid comment. Read it again. I said, "I don't make shit up, like you do. For instance..." followed by an example of what might be infered from you bullshit.
Really? :eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back