What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

The Republican plan is as follows:

1. Take the subsidized affordable insurance - acquired now and in the future through the exchanges - away from the millions of Americans who have taken or otherwise will have eventually taken advantage of it.

2. Kick tens of thousands of young people off their parents' insurance coverage.

3. kick hundreds of thousands of Americans off the coverage in the expanded Medicaid.

4. further remove or reduce the benefits of hundreds of thousands of Americans on pre-ACA Medicaid before the expansion - based on the GOP's proposed budget plans that include massive cuts in Medicaid.

5. Cancel the Medicare insurance for tens of millions of Americans in the near future - based on the GOP's proposed plans to end Medicare.

that is partial list, but I think that's enough.

In order to finish screwing over the average citizen, they would also quietly sneak in tort reform.

Amazingly, rw's are in favor of tort reform.

Not really. See, that's the conceit of your position. Believe it or not, you can help people out without bullying them.

I believe that

So tell us Republicans. Before we throw out Obamacare. How are you going to help these people and how long will it take?

OK America.......instead of Obamacare, we are going to offer this?

What is it Republicans?
We already had Medicare for the Elderly, Chips for the kids, and Medicaid for the poor you dumb ass. We did not need another health care solution for the poor.

HSA plans are the best answer for the rest of Americans, but we should not force anyone to buy insurance or create an HSA. We should have liberty.

No one is going to force you to buy health insurance. You can give up the tax break and go without any insurance if you want to.

And who is pushing it?

Does anyone really believe that the Republicans want to help Americans get good health insurance?

The alternative to Obama Hellcare is Free Market healthcare.

You are right no one is pushing it because it requires NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT hence not politically correct.

1. Take the subsidized affordable insurance - acquired now and in the future through the exchanges - away from the millions of Americans who will eventually take advantage of it.

2. Kick tens of thousands of young people off their parents' insurance coverage.

3. kick hundreds of thousands of Americans off the coverage in the expanded Medicaid.

4. further remove or reduce the benefits of hundreds of thousands of Americans on Medicaid before the expansion - based on the GOP's proposed budget plans that include massive cuts in Medicaid.

5. Cancel the Medicare insurance for tens of millions of Americans in the near future - based on the GOP's proposed plans to end Medicare.

What part of no Republican plan is in the works don't you get? It would also be treated just like obamacare is being done.

The above is based on two real plans.

1. The plan to repeal Obamacare. That, in fact, is more than just a plan - the GOP House has tried to make it law several dozen times.

2. The GOP budget plans, generally called the 'Ryan budget' all of the campaign last year, that the GOP ran on in the presidential race.

Those are real, concrete, definitive 'plans' that the GOP has put forth, and thus presumably are accurate representations of the GOP healthcare agenda.

What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

Eat Shit And Die

No, I'm not being sarcastic. Just read anything Rs have said or written and that describes it. For example, the incredible pile of dog doo that was just posted.

I've also noticed that LyinRyan's "plan" has quietly disappeared.

Not really. See, that's the conceit of your position. Believe it or not, you can help people out without bullying them.

I believe that

So tell us Republicans. Before we throw out Obamacare. How are you going to help these people and how long will it take?

OK America.......instead of Obamacare, we are going to offer this?

What is it Republicans?

As a nurse, I have supported coverage for the working poor for years. Rewriting Medicaid, charging a small premium, and offering it to the working poor would have left company policies in effect, and covered everyone. A lot of people take high deductible plans for the low premiums and open an HSA for routine matters. These could also have stayed in effect. With all the waste in the VA, and the fraud in Medicare and Medicaid, there should have been ample funds to cover the working poor without kicking the rest of the nation in the financial gut. But then you are nothing but a welfare queen and you don't have the brains to support yourself, let alone think anything like that through.

'scuse me~!

President Obama suffered from the same "delusion" that President Clinton suffered from.

He thought conservatives were bargaining from good faith.

Hopefully the lesson is learned by the next Democratic President.

i just can't swallow that. Obama and the Democrats could have pushed through anything the wanted. Sadly, what they wanted was to indulge their corporatist instincts and hand out favors to their backers. If you're blaming 'conservatives' for ACA, you must be talking about blue-dog Democrats. Republicans had nothing to do with it.
You 'can't' but that's what happened.

Originally Obama and the democrats were going with single payer. That changed to the government option and then it went to the individual mandate, and that was mainly because Republicans were in a tizzy about the whole thing. President Obama WANTED bi-partisan support. Why? I dunno. George W. Bush didn't have this problem. Neither did Reagan until later in his Presidency when he got into trouble. The Health Care plan went to a bipartisan committee until the Republicans started larding it with poison pills that would have made it impossible to pass..and they started using it as a vehicle to outlaw abortion. THAT's when the nonsense was stopped.

So yeah..it was a Conservative thing..it was there plan..and once they failed to kill it in committee they began to do everything to stop it.

Republicans didn't force Democrats to vote for ACA.

I don't really care to defend Republicans here, and that's not my point. If the tables were turned, I suspect they'd have done approximately the same thing the Democrats did. My point is that there just isn't any way a sane person can cling to the fantasy that Democrats are defenders of the public interest. They're either as corrupt and power hungry as Republicans, or they are gullible idiots. Or both.

1. Take the subsidized affordable insurance - acquired now and in the future through the exchanges - away from the millions of Americans who have taken or otherwise will have eventually taken advantage of it.

4. further remove or reduce the benefits of hundreds of thousands of Americans on pre-ACA Medicaid before the expansion - based on the GOP's proposed budget plans that include massive cuts in Medicaid.

In order to finish screwing over the average citizen, they would also quietly sneak in tort reform.

OH so you support frivolous lawsuits? Doesn't that also make medical cost higher?

I see you saw what your $40.13 a month gets you !!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Once again what in the fuck are you blabbing about?

we realize you don't comprehend what you have read ... one of the posters said his insurance went up to 168 dollars a month ... are ya with me so far ???? cause I won't explain it to you again ... he said his health care went up 76% ... if you do the math, simple math, take the reciprocal of 76%, that would be 24% you multiply It times 168 and you get the grand total of 40.13 ...are ya with me so far are ya grasping it yet ??? this ass clown implied that his insurance was $40.13 a month ... what the hell does a policy for $40.13 a month pay for ???? heres the ANSWER ASS clown ... NOTHING over 50 bucks!!!! SO try and keep up will ,ya!!!!

You suck at math. 95.45 + 0.76 X 95.45 = 167.99.

I have never been in favor of tort reform and I am a clinician. I have posted that many times. If you didn't see it, you weren't looking.

And who is pushing it?

Does anyone really believe that the Republicans want to help Americans get good health insurance?

You are right no one is pushing it because it requires NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT hence not politically correct.

No, no, no!

Every solution to our problems as a society must involve an ambitious government PLAN!!! Don't you get that?

OH so you support frivolous lawsuits? Doesn't that also make medical cost higher?

What makes malpractice higher is doctors who protect other doctors who malpractice. They won't get the bad ones out. Nurses are taught to rat one another out from day one. But doctors have their 'brotherhood of silence.' Look it up in your Funk and Wagnals.

And who is pushing it?

Free market healthcare would be like any other free market -

each person or family would buy what they could afford, at market prices, and those who couldn't afford the market prices

would mostly go without.

And who is pushing it?

each person or family would buy what they could afford, at market prices, and those who couldn't afford the market prices

would mostly go without.

Yep. And people would just sit around on their hands and die.

1. Take the subsidized affordable insurance - acquired now and in the future through the exchanges - away from the millions of Americans who will eventually take advantage of it.

4. further remove or reduce the benefits of hundreds of thousands of Americans on Medicaid before the expansion - based on the GOP's proposed budget plans that include massive cuts in Medicaid.

What part of no Republican plan is in the works don't you get? It would also be treated just like obamacare is being done.

The above is based on two real plans.

1. The plan to repeal Obamacare. That, in fact, is more than just a plan - the GOP House has tried to make it law several dozen times.

2. The GOP budget plans, generally called the 'Ryan budget' all of the campaign last year, that the GOP ran on in the presidential race.

Those are real, concrete, definitive 'plans' that the GOP has put forth, and thus presumably are accurate representations of the GOP healthcare agenda.

ONE more time for the peanut gallery
There is non nor should their be any REPUBLICAN plan to mandate healthcare coverage.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?>
If their was such a plan it would be treated just as obamacare is being treated.

What makes malpractice higher is doctors who protect other doctors who malpractice. They won't get the bad ones out. Nurses are taught to rat one another out from day one. But doctors have their 'brotherhood of silence.' Look it up in your Funk and Wagnals.

TORT reform is needed.

I have never been in favor of tort reform and I am a clinician. I have posted that many times. If you didn't see it, you weren't looking.

I was a lawyer for 35 years, medical malpractice claims are a form of legalized financial rape. We desperately need tort reform.

obamacare would be great with exception to the mandate and government control

moron the government doesn't control the policy ...the government makes laws that the that the insurance companies have to follow ...the government is only the way to sign up for a policy... nothing more ...what the government did was make laws so that the insures are required to have to make the health car work ... everybody has to be in it, not like free loaders like you who file bankruptcy every time at the blink of an eye when they rack up ah huge debt ...

How often do you think a person can file for bankruptcy?

And who is pushing it?

would mostly go without.

They would have to go to a private charity.

My son's sister in law got cancer. She had no insurance and went to the City of Hope. She got her surgery and her treatment and is now cancer free.

obamacare would be great with exception to the mandate and government control

moron the government doesn't control the policy ...the government makes laws that the that the insurance companies have to follow ...the government is only the way to sign up for a policy... nothing more ...what the government did was make laws so that the insures are required to have to make the health car work ... everybody has to be in it, not like free loaders like you who file bankruptcy every time at the blink of an eye when they rack up ah huge debt ...

How often do you think a person can file for bankruptcy?

Every seven years.

Most bankruptcies are the result of credit cards not medical bill.

And who is pushing it?

No, no, no!

Every solution to our problems as a society must involve an ambitious government PLAN!!! Don't you get that?

The states have been regulating healthcare since the 1840's in order to maximize the profits of the American Medical Association.

The federal government instituted medicaid/medicare in the mid 1960's . So the state regulation and medicaid/medicare have made healthcare unaffordable . So government involvement would be necessary to REMOVE those impediments.

Forum List

Back