What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Now you'e not being open minded in the slightest. Guns do good things such as self-defense and yes, hunting. Up here we are loaded with deer that have to be culled in certain areas. Where it's illegal to hunt the government has to come in to thin the herds out. I'm sure most people who live out in the sticks will tell you how beneficial being able to kill an animal is.

Been hunting deer since I was 12. A pump action shotgun works just fine. If you're inclined to longer ranges most serious hunters use bolt action rifles in the .30 calibre range.

I have also taken dear with a bow.

You do NOT need an assault weapon to hunt. In fact it's not a particularly good weapon for deer hunting
Lol
And Ar15 is not anything more than a sporting rifle...
I hunt antelope with an Ar15 in 6.8 SPC It is a particularly good hunting rifle for white tails, mule deer and antelope.

A real man wouldn't need a gun to take down anyone of these animals, prehistoric man chased down these animals and used spears to finish the job. Then they used every bit of the animal for food, shelter and tools; they didn't have their picture taken and the head stuffed and put on a wall.

Picture of Trump with animal he shot - Google Search

Odd, I haven't seen any bear meat on the market, did that brave man have a gun backup, that would probably make the rug he wanted less valuable for the great white hunter.

BTW, killing for sport is tantamount to a serial killers pathology. You disgust me!

Actually bear meat is not all that bad, Same with mountain lion. While not my favorite some people think it’s their favorite.
You look at his YouTube he does not have a back up… Most guys that spear hunt and blow dart hunt don’t have back ups. You notice the animal just wanted to get the fuck out of there… LOL

OK snowflake

I hunt antelope with an Ar15 in 6.8 SPC It is a particularly good hunting rifle for white tails, mule deer and antelope.

Then why do people like you keep claiming it is needed to defend against the government?

And why the hell do you need an assault weapon to hunt antelope? Are you such a bad shot that you can't use a bolt action .308?
Lol
.308 is overkill for an lope... Anyway

True but a 243 or 6mm is just about right. Plus both of those make fantastic varmint rounds. The 243 gets my vote every time. But you can load a 308 down. If you are going after Elk, you would be smart to load your 308 up. And if you are going for Mountain Sheep, load it even heavier.

Very few people base their vote on gun issues unless the left is once again making threats.

You want NRA money out of our politics? Fine with me, I'll work on that and you work on getting that union money out of the hands of Democrats; that trial lawyer money so our manufacturers can't get sued because somebody took their new toaster in the shower with them; that Sierra Club money that leads to very costly and job killing regulations.

This is not a one-way street you know.........

The Unions are not against you buying a gun of any kind. But the NRA directly works for the Gun Manufacturers and comes up with some pretty strange things to help bolster those sales. The Unions have a very broad concept (whether you agree with them or not) but the NRA only has one single concept, PR to sell more guns. Apples and Oranges.

BTW, I was a member of a few Unions and don't hold that a Union should be able to use my Dues to pay for the "Leaders" political views. This is just plain wrong. It would be nice if they were left completely out of Politics but, like any other Corporation, they find ways around that. What we need to do is tighten up the 501 laws to prevent any of these from getting into Politics. Unfortunately, the SCOTUS has made them equal to a human being. Put an end to that and we get a huge amount of money out of Politics.
Dude you think the nra wants people dead! Your thoughts are unrealistic and stupid. There’s no supporting evidence

I don't believe the NRA would profit from too many people ending up dead. The ones that really pay the bills would notice a drastic fall off of sales. They aren't there to kill more people, they are there to promote selling more guns at the highest rate it can be done at. What we use those guns for isn't their problem.
Exactly, so why are they in the conversation all the time?

Selling Guns is not Conservative. It's not anything other than profit.
It’s a very honest living… I do have to say so myself

Then why do people like you keep claiming it is needed to defend against the government?

And why the hell do you need an assault weapon to hunt antelope? Are you such a bad shot that you can't use a bolt action .308?
Lol

True but a 243 or 6mm is just about right. Plus both of those make fantastic varmint rounds. The 243 gets my vote every time. But you can load a 308 down. If you are going after Elk, you would be smart to load your 308 up. And if you are going for Mountain Sheep, load it even heavier.
I like the 6mm, Although it’s availability is fading. I’m not overly fond of 243s Their ballistic coefficient is not all that great, I would prefer the 6.5 Creedmore significantly better coefficient.
But I really like the 6.8 SPC for antelope, good ballistic coefficient, No recoil especially in an ar platform, Cheap, not overly available but getting better every day, And very customizable with reloading being an 270 and all.

Antelope are just small animals it doesn’t take much to put one down at all...

Been hunting deer since I was 12. A pump action shotgun works just fine. If you're inclined to longer ranges most serious hunters use bolt action rifles in the .30 calibre range.

I have also taken dear with a bow.

You do NOT need an assault weapon to hunt. In fact it's not a particularly good weapon for deer hunting
Lol

A real man wouldn't need a gun to take down anyone of these animals, prehistoric man chased down these animals and used spears to finish the job. Then they used every bit of the animal for food, shelter and tools; they didn't have their picture taken and the head stuffed and put on a wall.

Odd, I haven't seen any bear meat on the market, did that brave man have a gun backup, that would probably make the rug he wanted less valuable for the great white hunter.

BTW, killing for sport is tantamount to a serial killers pathology. You disgust me!

Actually bear meat is not all that bad, Same with mountain lion. While not my favorite some people think it’s their favorite.
You look at his YouTube he does not have a back up… Most guys that spear hunt and blow dart hunt don’t have back ups. You notice the animal just wanted to get the fuck out of there… LOL

OK snowflake

You Disgust Me. Killing for sport is absolutely pathological. That you take killing for fun as recreation, and refuse to accept the rational need for gun control makes people like you the problem. And people like you who enjoy killing, ought not to be allowed to own, possess or ever to have in your control or custody a gun.

So our Gun Hugger "experts" are
A. Lying...or
B. Wrong about their knowledge and experience
C. Talking about weird "one off" nonsense

650 yard groundhog shots? Really? No wonder you "spray and pray"
All depends on the shooter, I By no means would call myself an expert, but there are loads of people out there and they can make 650 yard ground hog shots Consistently
Groundhog along prairie dog shooting is all about getting out in the outdoors and having fun shooting some shit... Of course you’re going to miss more than you hit that’s why it’s called a sport.

Last edited:

Lol

I like the 6mm, Although it’s availability is fading. I’m not overly fond of 243s Their ballistic coefficient is not all that great, I would prefer the 6.5 Creedmore significantly better coefficient.
But I really like the 6.8 SPC for antelope, good ballistic coefficient, No recoil especially in an ar platform, Cheap, not overly available but getting better every day, And very customizable with reloading being an 270 and all.

Antelope are just small animals it doesn’t take much to put one down at all...

You had better watch out. You are agreeing and discussing with one of those terrible gungrabbing Commies if I go by what is posted in here. See you on the shooting range, Comrade.

So our Gun Hugger "experts" are
A. Lying...or
B. Wrong about their knowledge and experience
C. Talking about weird "one off" nonsense

650 yard groundhog shots? Really? No wonder you "spray and pray"
All depends on the shooter, I By no means would call myself an expert, but there are loads of people out there or they can make 650 yard ground hog shots.
Groundhog along prairie dog shooting is all about getting out in the outdoors and having fun shooting some shit... Of course you’re going to miss more than you hit that’s why it’s called a sport.

Unless I am shooting. If I have a chance to miss, I won't take the shot. Been on the receiving end of Sound Shooters before. We got pinned down up Alaska by one of those winners. The more we shouted at him, the more he zeroed in. I put one round of 444 marlin in his direction and things got mighty quiet after the thunder from my shot and the sound of the round barreling through the underbrush ended.

Lol

OK snowflake

You Disgust Me. Killing for sport is absolutely pathological. That you take killing for fun as recreation, and refuse to accept the rational need for gun control makes people like you the problem. And people like you who enjoy killing, ought not to be allowed to own, possess or ever to have in your control or custody a gun.

Okkkkk... bedwetter
With Big game I always eat the meat that I kill, My wife is awesome at canning.
As far as varmints go they are there for me to shoot and everyone else that wants.
Prairie dogs carry the black plague… And they reproduce like fucking rabbits. Great for target practice

OK snowflake

Okkkkk... bedwetter
As far as varmints go they are there for me to shoot and everyone else that wants.
Prairie dogs carry the black plague… And they reproduce like fucking rabbits. Great for target practice

You're full of shit, you enjoy the kill. That's something I abhor and will always root for the target to eat the hunter.

OK snowflake

Okkkkk... bedwetter

You're full of shit, you enjoy the kill. That's something I abhor and will always root for the target to eat the hunter.

Partly because there is no real difference between an assault weapon and any other magazine fed semi-auto weapon...and no real need for either of those very dangerous weapons

That statement is just foolish.

Please give us your definition of an assault weapon. Not your fantasies, what is the definition of an assault weapon. What is the difference between that and, say, an AR-15?

You will agree that a M-16 is an assault rifle, right? And that definition has nothing to do with the A in the AR. It's used to assault in a war condition and it's pretty damned good at it. It's normally used in it's single shot setting because it just wastes ammo otherwise. So now you have a single shot M-16. Can you tell me the difference between an AR-15 and a M-16/M-4? And don't give me that crap about the AR must being a sporting rifle. You may be right but the sport animal it was designed to assault is human. All other uses are secondary.

So you agree that the AR-15 is far from being any sort of Assault Weapon. THANK YOU!

Follow along kiddies.

We're told that it's important to have an AR-15 because it is a good gun for shooting squirrels...

We're also told that it's not a good self defense weapon (there are many much better)...

And that the main reason for having one is a "defense against the government"...but that it's not a military grade weapon.

Of course defending oneself against an actual military with a weapon that is admittedly not military grade sounds silly but then the entire gun hugger argument is pretty fucking silly so....

Oh and no...the gun huggers have no solution to mass shootings or gun violence because ...they just don't see it as a problem
Someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, and certainly none of the federal government business… That’s what we have learned kiddies
The only thing the government should do, is it should get involved in finding out how an idiot gets his hands on a gun to then go and kill people with it. If the findings show that leftist policies are the problem or leftist do gooder idiocy ignores the obvious, then it should work to shore up the dam as so it stops leaking or worse bust from time to time. This never involves the gun, but instead should involve the mental health status of the citizens.

That statement is just foolish.

Please give us your definition of an assault weapon. Not your fantasies, what is the definition of an assault weapon. What is the difference between that and, say, an AR-15?

You will agree that a M-16 is an assault rifle, right? And that definition has nothing to do with the A in the AR. It's used to assault in a war condition and it's pretty damned good at it. It's normally used in it's single shot setting because it just wastes ammo otherwise. So now you have a single shot M-16. Can you tell me the difference between an AR-15 and a M-16/M-4? And don't give me that crap about the AR must being a sporting rifle. You may be right but the sport animal it was designed to assault is human. All other uses are secondary.

So you agree that the AR-15 is far from being any sort of Assault Weapon. THANK YOU!

Follow along kiddies.

We're told that it's important to have an AR-15 because it is a good gun for shooting squirrels...

We're also told that it's not a good self defense weapon (there are many much better)...

And that the main reason for having one is a "defense against the government"...but that it's not a military grade weapon.

Of course defending oneself against an actual military with a weapon that is admittedly not military grade sounds silly but then the entire gun hugger argument is pretty fucking silly so....

Oh and no...the gun huggers have no solution to mass shootings or gun violence because ...they just don't see it as a problem
Someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, and certainly none of the federal government business… That’s what we have learned kiddies
The only thing the government should do, is it should get involved in finding out how an idiot gets his hands on a gun to then go and kill people with it. If the findings show that leftist policies are the problem or leftist do gooder idiocy ignores the obvious, then it should work to shore up the dam as so it stops leaking or worse bust from time to time. This never involves the gun, but instead should involve the mental health status of the citizens.
Yep, People kill people not firearms

OK snowflake

Okkkkk... bedwetter

That brought a bowed head and a shaking head from left to right with a small smile. It only goes to show what some people do when they have waaaayyyyyy too much time on their hands.

Follow along kiddies.

Yes, people kill people but firearms of today makes it more efficient.

OK snowflake

Okkkkk... bedwetter

Lol
Is this sporting enough for you?

Follow along kiddies.

So do vehicles and bombs

Follow along kiddies.

So do vehicles and bombs

Bombs are hard to make that won't get noticed while you are building it.

Vehicles don't reach out and touch someone in all directions. Very few die from homicidal vehicle attacks. The body count is generally low.

Forum List

Back