What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the government FORCING YOU to give someone else a platform from which to spew something you vehemently disagree with...

That is what the op is asking for. That is the government's boot on everyone's neck.

Dude I can provide 100 links that Climate change is real, and another 100 that climate change is fake.
And that brings us to The Relativity of Wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

"John, when people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Can't actually talk about the moral ineptitude of Facebook banning conservatives huh, so you babble about the flat Earth.

Point well made, and your defeat is accepted

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private
Facebook did not ban all Conservatives. Your post and this thread are based on an entirely false premise.
The people that facebook banned were banned entirely because of their conservative views, this is NO DIFFERENT then banning Jews because of their views

View attachment 209244
Is that you on meth

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?
Do you vote?

Scary
Did you help smash cars when Trump won?

Scary
You are an idiot who CLEARLY doesn't understand the First Amendment. Like not even a little. You have it completely backwards.

And lol at ALL YOU MORONS who think calling someone a part of the left is actually substance in an argument.

Get a fucking clue.....and an education.

Rosy, the Russian intel incel, has trouble with the Constitution, not surprising.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities. So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company. Who thought this nonsense thru?
You cannot violate protected groups' civil liberties, such as race, origin, ethnicity, and so on in the public place. Look up Public Accommodation laws.

Freedom of speech applies only to government. Read the Constitution, please.

Private entities do not have to protect your freedom of speech.
PA laws are unconstitutional. They violate both freedom of expression, and freedom of association.
Well, you can believe that, sure.

One of the themes we hear about why the Second Amendment should be changed is the Founding Fathers could not have envisioned the type of guns we have today. So should that same theory be applied to the First Amendment as well since the Founding Fathers couldn’t have envisioned Facebook or Social Media either?

They couldn't even envision the automobile , women voting, equal rights for blacks or the electrical grid, but they sure got the first amendment right, and the 2nd, that is why militia was in it.
Missing the point again if the Second Amendment needs to be redone as some claim because the Founders couldn’t envision an AR-15 d shouldn’t the First be redone because they couldn’t envision things like the cell phone I’m using to post this? If you redo one as some want because the Founders couldn’t see the future where do you stop?

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

Do you vote?

Scary

Scary
You are an idiot who CLEARLY doesn't understand the First Amendment. Like not even a little. You have it completely backwards.

And lol at ALL YOU MORONS who think calling someone a part of the left is actually substance in an argument.

Explain to me again how Hillary can't lose?

Do you vote?

Scary

Scary

:dig:

:290968001256257790-final:

One of the themes we hear about why the Second Amendment should be changed is the Founding Fathers could not have envisioned the type of guns we have today. So should that same theory be applied to the First Amendment as well since the Founding Fathers couldn’t have envisioned Facebook or Social Media either?

They couldn't even envision the automobile , women voting, equal rights for blacks or the electrical grid, but they sure got the first amendment right, and the 2nd, that is why militia was in it.
Missing the point again if the Second Amendment needs to be redone as some claim because the Founders couldn’t envision an AR-15 d shouldn’t the First be redone because they couldn’t envision things like the cell phone I’m using to post this? If you redo one as some want because the Founders couldn’t see the future where do you stop?
The purpose of A2 is for Americans to have the arms needed to form a militia capable of defeating Russia or China. Thus A2 currently has no meaning as an AR15 is a toy that will not defeat modern military weapons

Do you vote?

Scary

Scary

I take that as an effort for you to be innovative with your obvious linguistic inability

Gramp has clearly marked the resting place of Rosy's 1stA arguments.

Do you vote?

Scary

Scary

I take that as an effort for you to be innovative with your obvious linguistic inability

Lol

This thread is about the first amendment and YOU keep bringing up Hillary in an apparent attempt to be clever. First off you are failing, miserably. Secondly you are DERAILING YOUR OWN THREAD so don't even come at me questioning my logic.

You are too stupid to debate with.

Scary

Lol

This thread is about the first amendment and YOU keep bringing up Hillary in an apparent attempt to be clever. First off you are failing, miserably. Secondly you are DERAILING YOUR OWN THREAD so don't even come at me questioning my logic.

Look turd if you really understood the first amendment, you would understand that people can say and write what they choose.

Yawn.

Now explain your demented version of A1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Facebook is a publicly traded private company
Walmart is a publicly traded private company

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?

And what does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech?
Cut and past the relevant section.

Lol

Look turd if you really understood the first amendment, you would understand that people can say and write what they choose. Yawn. Now explain your demented version of A1
No one is stopping Comrade Rosy of writing what he wants. Private entities under the law are not required to publish his nonsense. End of story.

I guess i cant kick out a customer in my store for saying they hate ******* because the 1st talks about the fed gov... LOL
DERP thread

Obvious, actually.

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?

And what does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech?
Cut and past the relevant section.

What does the law say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

LOL, u r clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back