What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private

So can Walmart...…?

Is Walmart Congress? Is Walmart passing a law?

Walmart is not public, they are private

And?
Again moron.

Facebook is a publicly traded private company
Walmart is a publicly traded private company

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

This is not the law as it stands.

How long would this fly?
Some things are protected, like race and religion, and some things are not. Like political bent.

Ergo I can throw you outta my bar for being a tRumpanzee, but not for being gay or black.

It's really not that hard kid.

Actually if that is true, then any religious conservative can not be banned...…………….

And conservatives do not have freedom of speech.

This really makes sense to you

Zoinks scooby

Next
Nope. What you posted is just nonsense.

Nonsense is the constitution saying that all Americans have Freedom of speech and then allowing freedom of speech to be abridged for certain groups.

It's retarded in fact

So can Walmart...…?

And?
Again moron.

Thus Walmart can choose not to let conservatives shop in their stores, if Facebook is allowed to ban conservatives.

Anyone with a private company could choose not to hire a certain group because of their beliefs.

How long would this fly?
Some things are protected, like race and religion, and some things are not. Like political bent.

Ergo I can throw you outta my bar for being a tRumpanzee, but not for being gay or black.

It's really not that hard kid.

Actually if that is true, then any religious conservative can not be banned...…………….

And conservatives do not have freedom of speech.

This really makes sense to you

Zoinks scooby

Next
Nope. What you posted is just nonsense.

Nonsense is the constitution saying that all Americans have Freedom of speech and then allowing freedom of speech to be abridged for certain groups.

It's retarded in fact
Your inability to comprehend this simple fact is not my problem.

Sorry, sucks to be you, and have a nice day.

I take that as an effort for you to be innovative with your obvious linguistic inability

Be careful with that irony. You might hurt yourself.
Internet babble……………….say that here kid

Does your Introduction to American Civics class begin in Sept.?
Actually kid I have three kids in college

Great, maybe they can explain it to you.

And what does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech?
Cut and past the relevant section.

What does the law say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

LOL, u r clueless

What does the law say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

What does the First Amendment say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

Have you always wanted to parrot me? or are you really a parrot

Just pointing out your ignorance.

Just reminding you that you are a loser

What does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech? Moron.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?
Show us where the 1st Amendment applies to private entities.

I take that as an effort for you to be innovative with your obvious linguistic inability

Be careful with that irony. You might hurt yourself.
Internet babble……………….say that here kid

Does your Introduction to American Civics class begin in Sept.?
Actually kid I have three kids in college

Great, maybe they can explain it to you.
Great professor

Boo Hoo Hoo Trump says your fired

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private

So can Walmart...…?

And?
Again moron.

How long would this fly?
Right...they are not government. It is government that cannot restrict.

They claim to be a platform, yet conspiratorially ban users for political reasons.

These companies received millions and millions in subsidies. Attacking Americans like this is absolutely not ok. Any more than all the power companies suddenly deciding that they won't be delivering the electricity.
You don't like what they do, go elsewhere. Easy solution. You must be a trumpanzee, right?

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

Show us where the 1st Amendment applies to private entities.
Are you claiming that you as a private entity do not have the freedom of speech?

You show me where it doesn't silly

Um, Rosy, what the fuck does hiring discrimination have to do with the First Amendment? Have you READ the First Amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.

So can you read or whatever? Because hiring isn't mentioned in the First Amendment.

LOL, u r clueless

What does the First Amendment say about restricting conservatives, or say Jews because of their beliefs?

Have you always wanted to parrot me? or are you really a parrot

Just pointing out your ignorance.

Just reminding you that you are a loser

What does the First Amendment say about publicly traded companies and free speech? Moron.

Nothing silly, because there were no publicly traded companies when it was written Moron

Obvious, actually.

So can Walmart...…?

And?
Again moron.

How long would this fly?

At this point, I'm only reading this thread in the hope that someone picked up a Constitutional Law textbook and beat this ignorant twat unconscious with it - figuratively speaking, of course, since this is a message board.

Obvious, actually.

So can you read or whatever? Because hiring isn't mentioned in the First Amendment.
Again if Facebook can not serve conservatives, so can McDonalds...………...is this your argument?

Yawn

Do you vote?

Scary

If I was betting on it, my money would be on a Democrat Party volunteer coming down to Rosy's shelter, giving her a carton of cigarettes, then driving her to the polling booth and showing her which bubble to fill in on the ballot.

Obvious, actually.

So can Walmart...…?

And?
Again moron.

How long would this fly?

At this point, I'm only reading this thread in the hope that someone picked up a Constitutional Law textbook and beat this ignorant twat unconscious with it - figuratively speaking, of course, since this is a message board.

My point, the constitution says nothing about banning freedom of speech only for the government. It was written to give the people freedom to challenge the government, unlike in the monarchy that they just defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back