What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private
Facebook did not ban all Conservatives. Your post and this thread are based on an entirely false premise.
The people that facebook banned were banned entirely because of their conservative views, this is NO DIFFERENT then banning Jews because of their views

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities. So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company. Who thought this nonsense thru?
You cannot violate protected groups' civil liberties, such as race, origin, ethnicity, and so on in the public place. Look up Public Accommodation laws.

Freedom of speech applies only to government. Read the Constitution, please.

Private entities do not have to protect your freedom of speech.
PA laws are unconstitutional. They violate both freedom of expression, and freedom of association.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

So can Walmart not hire a certain color people? They are a private company.

Who thought this nonsense thru?

Is there a link to a article, or just your opinion.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obvious, actually.
So can Walmart not hire conservatives or gays or whatever? Walmart is not public, they are private
Facebook did not ban all Conservatives. Your post and this thread are based on an entirely false premise.
The people that facebook banned were banned entirely because of their conservative views, this is NO DIFFERENT then banning Jews because of their views
Facebook bans people all the time, and not just conservatives.

Alex Jones is like a Walmart customer who shits himself and then flings it all around the store.

Here's Facebook's once-secret list of content that can get you banned

Obvious, actually.
That's the way it ought to be, yeah.

People who truly believe in the spirit of Freedom of Speech don't constantly look to defend those who attack it.

They don't constantly look for excuses to support the shutting down of speech.

There are a lot of frauds out there, illiberal authoritarians who are afraid to give speech the light of day if they can help it.

Walmart does not have to sell fake products any more than Facebook has to push fake conspiracy whackjob bullshit.
The question is can Walmart refuse to serve conservatives because of their views as a group. Could supermarkets refuse to sell food to conservatives, because they do not like their views, forcing all conservatives to change their views or break the law?

None of this is remotely rational or allowable under US laws...……..
Why isnt it?
It is perfectly legal to refuse service to a leftist or righty.

Seriously if Facebook can censor conservatives and it is not subject to the first Amendment, because it is not a public entity, but a private one, then we can all violate the first Amendment since we are all private entities.

If you can't Google what Facebook recently did, I can not help you.

It is on you to provide a link in your OP. Simple common sense, and also forum rules.

Walmart does not have to sell fake products any more than Facebook has to push fake conspiracy whackjob bullshit.
The question is can Walmart refuse to serve conservatives because of their views as a group. Could supermarkets refuse to sell food to conservatives, because they do not like their views, forcing all conservatives to change their views or break the law?

Your FSB training was woefully incomplete, tovarishch.

So you just heard this from Fox, or Rush, or who knows who, you didn't read this anywhere?

I guess its just BS going around.

Your FSB training was woefully incomplete, tovarishch.
You must then contact the authorities
Seriously if you think I am a Russian operative, inform the FBI now, you can contact them here

Contact Us

Tips

I will contact the NSA now for you by typing sheik Osama Plutonium and Allah

Hi guys, I spent an hour on the phone today with Indian IRS scammers, they eventually blocked my number after I told them I was Justin Bieber and sang to them

One of the themes we hear about why the Second Amendment should be changed is the Founding Fathers could not have envisioned the type of guns we have today. So should that same theory be applied to the First Amendment as well since the Founding Fathers couldn’t have envisioned Facebook or Social Media either?

So you just heard this from Fox, or Rush, or who knows who, you didn't read this anywhere?

I guess its just BS going around.
I will not help a moron.

Why, because in the end you will still be an uneducated moron

If Facebook is licensed by the government it has to adhere to the same 1st Amendment standards or lose it's license. Are ya listenin Sessions?

Do you vote?

Scary

It is on you to provide a link in your OP. Simple common sense, and also forum rules.
Dude I can provide 100 links that Climate change is real, and another 100 that climate change is fake.

You are lost in space if you think that any link on the internet proves anything.

If I provide a link PROVING that Trump can't win, does it mean Trump is not the President.

Google Facebook banning conservatives, or do you really need me to do it for you?

Link

Dude I can provide 100 links that Climate change is real, and another 100 that climate change is fake.
And that brings us to The Relativity of Wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

"John, when people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

Do you vote?

Scary
Did you help smash cars when Trump won?

Scary

One of the themes we hear about why the Second Amendment should be changed is the Founding Fathers could not have envisioned the type of guns we have today. So should that same theory be applied to the First Amendment as well since the Founding Fathers couldn’t have envisioned Facebook or Social Media either?

They couldn't even envision the automobile , women voting, equal rights for blacks or the electrical grid, but they sure got the first amendment right, and the 2nd, that is why militia was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back