What is this new cancer drug about ??

Please read this
I have dementia and can’t

Sounds good
Did you read any of it?

"According to Cercek, the likelihood of the 14 case studies being in remission is a trillion to one. Based on that, she said, “I am very optimistic about the success."

How does that sound to you?

I wonder if gene therapies like gene splicing could help along with this drug so that everyone can benefit from it instead of 5-10%?

Did you read any of it?

"According to Cercek, the likelihood of the 14 case studies being in remission is a trillion to one. Based on that, she said, “I am very optimistic about the success."

I have dementia and low iQ disorder and cannot comprehend

Did you read any of it?

I just texted my brother who is a big oncologist in Arizona
.he said it only helps a few and only rectal cancer

It’s fake news

It’s fake news
In that case you should have asked the "big" guy 1st.

You should know that the NYP is a tabloid rag.

Did you read any of it?

Greedy drug companies should stop this stuff and just let the cancer eat ya up

Those damned drug companies

It’s fake news
I wouldn't call it fake news, it's just a fairly narrow group of people that will benefit from the therapy.

The drug is a monoclonal antibody.

Cancer is when an organ has an uncontrolled growth of cells. A healthy immune system will usually deal with this without help. The patients involved lack a gene that codes a protein that manages DNA transcription within the cell. So errors (cancer cells) are produced in the transcription.

The drug is the antibody that would be produced if the missing gene was present in that person. It is synthesized and given to the patient, and it attacks the cancer cells in the same way a healthy immune system would do.

This is a good advance in cancer treatment, it shows that if the genetic fault can be identified there are other ways beyond irradiating the cells to deal with it. Alternatives that are much less disruptive to the organs than traditional chemo, since they are tailored to only target the cancer cells.

Forum List

Back