What Is "Torture"?

I have been told (in writings) by idiots like you that the
insertion of a naso gastric tube-------which is the standard
way of doing "gastric lavage" in cases of poisoning-----and the standard way of dealing with persons on hunger strikes---
as an emergency maneuver------is "TORTURE"-----I have inserted many Nasogastric tubes. I have assisted in amytal interviews-----they are sometimes used in medical diagnosis. ----thus according to idiots like you I have seen "torture" I have also examined a prison having been informed that it was booby trapped to be unsafe and people
were being "tortured" by solitary confinement. I have also examined patients who claimed to have been tortured.
Lots of imprisoned or arrested people claim "TORTURE"
What has that to do with US Code definition of torture?

The technique does not injure the prisoner, it does not break bone, cut flesh or leave permanent injuries. Once the prisoner is raised up, he dries off and he is completely fine....and this harmless technique was able to get hardened terrorists to give up all of their information....with no harm and no permanent harm....

You libs are so silly.....
Sticking electrodes on his nuts will have the same benefits. You rightards are so willing to abandon law in the pursuit of vicarious sadism.

The author writes that there may have been as many as 40,000 of these students who were “tortured” over the years in the SERE program. He also specifically mentions one pilot who wasn’t given the opportunity to utilize his SERE training:
Do you understand the US Code definition of torture? How do these examples you give fit it?

These idiot democrats may have opened up Pandora's box for themselves....all in the manic desire to attack Bush....
Yet Bush wasn't attacked in the Senate report was he? But I quite agree, all the politicians who signed off on torture should do the perp walk to a torture tribunal.

The US doesn't have the balls to honour its treaties though so we won't see that.

Are you [Carla_Danger] that idiotic you have to post a dictionary definition? Even where the legal definition has already been posted and dscussed?
Your posts are torture for anyone with more than 5 functioning brain cells.
Well you don't seem able to grasp any of them, repitition may help.

The irrelevant part of this entire thread is thinking that out opponents even care? They torture, and when done they cut off their victims heads and post the videos on youtube.

Think they would sign on to a non torture treaty?

ahhhhhhh, yup, day sur wud
Think you'd honour a non torture treaty?

ahhhhhhh, yup, u sur wud

And some people are apparently so dense they believe the terrorists should set standards of behavior for us. Why do you [Pop23] want to give up the moral high ground to the terrorists? Do you like recruiting lots of new terrorists?
It's hard to find behaviour to compare where the US doesn't come out looking bad, he has to take what he can get.

I have been told (in writings) by idiots like you that the
insertion of a naso gastric tube-------which is the standard
way of doing "gastric lavage" in cases of poisoning-----and the standard way of dealing with persons on hunger strikes---
as an emergency maneuver------is "TORTURE"-----I have inserted many Nasogastric tubes. I have assisted in amytal interviews-----they are sometimes used in medical diagnosis. ----thus according to idiots like you I have seen "torture" I have also examined a prison having been informed that it was booby trapped to be unsafe and people
were being "tortured" by solitary confinement. I have also examined patients who claimed to have been tortured.
Lots of imprisoned or arrested people claim "TORTURE"
What has that to do with US Code definition of torture?

the US code is very vague-----it can be "interpreted" to
include anything ----such as a ten minute delay on suppertime. or simply handcuffing a person

This is a HUGE propaganda victory for ISIS/Al Qaeda. Dianne Feinstein and the democrats have handed them a major recruiting tool, that is already being deployed across the Middle East to recruit more terrorists for the cause. I don't think Feinstein is actually part of ISIS, but she IS their most effective resource.
The propagands gift was given by Bush and his collection of fuckwits.

include anything ----such as a ten minute delay on suppertime. or simply handcuffing a person
No it can't you incredibly stupid person. It is quite specific to people to whom words mean something.

(1) “torture” means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control;

What part of that do you have trouble interpreting?

Clearly, you are persistently unencumbered by actual knowledge of the Geneva Convention.
Yeah?

An unlawful combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a civilian who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and may be detained or prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action.[1]

Where in domestic law is 'enhanced interrogation' permitted you empty echoer of talking points.

We favor interrogation techniques that don't leave lasting harm, don't injure the prisoner and keep them unharmed throughout the process....and get the information we need......what part of that don't you guys get
The bit where you don't understand it contravened the Convention Against Torture and US Code. How come you can't understand that?

Last edited:
No it can't you incredibly stupid person. It is quite specific to people to whom words mean something.

(1) “torture” means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control;

very vague "MENTAL SUFFERING"------just being in jail leads to depression----that is mental suffering.

have you ever testified in court-------sitting in a witness stand being CROSS EXAMINED by----"the other side"----is physically trying

I'm going to take a page from the Overly Sensitive Prog Playbook and declare that Obama Speeches are TORTURE.

I swear. Every time I hear him DRONE on with his I-Me-My-Mine blather, it is excruciatingly painful.

Hence, it's torture.
It is incidental to lawful sanction, therefore it is not torture according to US Code.

So, when I had to eat my green beans as a child, I was being tortured?

Yeah ... take that mom....

very vague "MENTAL SUFFERING"------just being in jail leads to depression----that is mental suffering.

have you ever testified in court-------sitting in a witness stand being CROSS EXAMINED by----"the other side"----is physically trying
Do you understand what 'incidental to lawful sanctions' means, you unbelievable goof?

I don't agree with torturing prisoners, not because I feel sorry for them in any way, but because, in most instances, people will say anything to get the torture to stop, so any information gleaned from torture is not always accurate information.

I don't agree with torturing prisoners, not because I feel sorry for them in any way, but because, in most instances, people will say anything to get the torture to stop, so any information gleaned from torture is not always accurate information.
The purpose of torture is not to get information but to get confessions. It will always succeed in getting confessions.

Forum List

Back