What Is "Torture"?

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
    synonyms: infliction of pain, abuse, ill-treatment, maltreatment, persecution;
    sadism
    "acts of torture"

verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.
    "most of the victims had been brutally tortured"
    synonyms: inflict pain on, ill-treat, abuse, mistreat, maltreat, persecute
    "they have tortured suspects in order to extract confessions"
Are you that idiotic you have to post a dictionary definition? Even where the legal definition has already been posted and dscussed?
Your posts are torture for anyone with more than 5 functioning brain cells.

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"

verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.
Are you that idiotic you have to post a dictionary definition? Even where the legal definition has already been posted and dscussed?

The title of this thread led me to believe that you don't know the definition, and I don't feel like reading 17 pages to see what's been discussed. :p

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"

verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

The title of this thread led me to believe that you don't know the definition, and I don't feel like reading 17 pages to see what's been discussed. :p
So "stupid" and "lazy" pretty much covers it for you. Got it.

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

1. Name calling: debater tries to diminish the argument of his opponent by calling the opponent a name that is subjective and unattractive; for example, cult members and bad real estate gurus typically warn the targets of their frauds that “dream stealers” will try to tell them the cult or guru is giving them bad advice;

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

I just don't find your threads all that interesting...

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

I just don't find your threads all that interesting...
And yet here you are posting in one. That makes you a dolt.

So the Dems, using the only vehicle they have left, are trotting out allegations of torture against the Bush Administration. We've been here before. In 2008 the administration released the "Torture Memos", papers detailing the Bush Administration's legal reasoning for their policies (similar papers for Obama's illegal amnesty are lacking).
Jay Bybee wrote the memo and :
It concludes that torture is only: extreme acts according to the Convention Against Torture; that severe pain (a requisite for this definition of torture) is "serious physical injury, such as organ failure, impairment of bodily function, or even death"; that prolonged mental harm is harm that must last for "months or even years";
So merely inflicting pain is not torture. Merely threatning someone is not torture.
The Bush Administration and the US did not torture anyone. There were legal guidelines in place based on statute.
As usual the Bush-haters toss all that aside and rely on their own flawed reasoning.

How about threatening to murder someones mother or feeding them exclusively through their colon???

Lets not forget about raping their children, throwing or hanging their gay citizens, or beheading their citizens and innocents from other countries that come to help the sick and dying

Oh, wait, that's not us is it? That's the animals that know nothing of civilization.

Yes, they should be treated with the utmost respect until they take us over.

You people crack me up.

Is it a war crime or just a misunderstanding of international treaty obligations? Maybe it's both things at once......

Or maybe you're just lying?

Probably you're just too stupid to grasp that the party bosses are lying to you - not that you would care - party above all, right Comrade?

Aren't you embarrassed to be wrong and stupid all the time? You should be.

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"

verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

Your definition of torture is completely meaningless and irrelevant.

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"

verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

The irrelevant part of this entire thread is thinking that out opponents even care? They torture, and when done they cut off their victims heads and post the videos on youtube.

Think they would sign on to a non torture treaty?

ahhhhhhh, yup, day sur wud

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

The irrelevant part of this entire thread is thinking that out opponents even care? They torture, and when done they cut off their victims heads and post the videos on youtube.

And some people are apparently so dense they believe the terrorists should set standards of behavior for us. Why do you want to give up the moral high ground to the terrorists? Do you like recruiting lots of new terrorists?

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.

1. Motivation end justifies dishonest means: debater admits he is lying or using fallacious logic but excuses this on the grounds that he is motivating the audience to accomplish a good thing and that end justifies the intellectually-dishonest means

Oh, they care all right. This is a HUGE propaganda victory for ISIS/Al Qaeda. Dianne Feinstein and the democrats have handed them a major recruiting tool, that is already being deployed across the Middle East to recruit more terrorists for the cause. I don't think Feinstein is actually part of ISIS, but she IS their most effective resource.

Oh, they care all right. This is a HUGE propaganda victory for ISIS/Al Qaeda. Dianne Feinstein and the democrats have handed them a major recruiting tool, that is already being deployed across the Middle East to recruit more terrorists for the cause. I don't think Feinstein is actually part of ISIS, but she IS their most effective resource.

Questioning the motives of the opponent
: this is a form of tactic number 2 changing the subject; as stated above, it is prohibited by Robert’s Rule of Order 43; a typical tactic used against critics is to say, “They’re just trying to sell newspapers” or in my case, books—questioning motives is not always wrong; only when it is used to prove the opponent’s facts or logic wrong is it invalid. If my facts or logic are wrong, my motive may be the answer to why. But let’s cut out the middleman ofwhy my facts or logic are wrong and just point exactly what the error is. Pointing out the suspicious motive only indicates there is no error, just an attempt to insinuate an error by innuendo.

Cult of personality
: debater attempts to make the likability of each debate opponent the focus of the debate because he believes he is more likable than the opponent

: this is a form of tactic number 2 changing the subject; as stated above, it is prohibited by Robert’s Rule of Order 43; a typical tactic used against critics is to say, “They’re just trying to sell newspapers” or in my case, books—questioning motives is not always wrong; only when it is used to prove the opponent’s facts or logic wrong is it invalid. If my facts or logic are wrong, my motive may be the answer to why. But let’s cut out the middleman ofwhy my facts or logic are wrong and just point exactly what the error is. Pointing out the suspicious motive only indicates there is no error, just an attempt to insinuate an error by innuendo.

Cult of personality
: debater attempts to make the likability of each debate opponent the focus of the debate because he believes he is more likable than the opponent

You don't grasp what you copy and paste:

Read slowly - I don't think Feinstein is actually part of ISIS, but she IS their most effective resource.

What is Torture?

I'm glad someone posted this earlier saying that Liberals use these tactics:

Honest and Dishonest Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Claiming well-defined words are vague or ill-defined.
This is a mirror image of #30. It is a favorite of those who do wrong but seek to avoid the consequences or responsibility by asserting that what is wright or wrong is merely a mater of each individual’s opinion. Try that in court and see how far its gets you. This is also akin to #22: rejecting facts or logic as mere opinion.

Or as Bubba Clinton would state...depends on the definition of the word the

Cult of personality

You don't grasp what you copy and paste:

Read slowly - I don't think Feinstein is actually part of ISIS, but she IS their most effective resource.

Oh not that you put dont in bold....everyone still knows what you doing.

I dont think you swallow dicks on the weekend BUT the guys at the bar like to see you on the weekend

Forum List

Back