What Is "Torture"?

I don't see AQ and ISIS abiding by the Geneva Convention.

Just sayin'.

Even if they did, it would be irrelevant. These are fighters with no uniform or national insignia, who are not fighting on behalf of any recognized army.

They have the status of spies, and the the Geneva convention specifically declines to offer them ANY protection. Most nations would have shot them, after a long session of REAL torture, using cattle prods and rose clippers on fingers. Thankfully, we are more civilized than that.

But Comrade disconnected trying to make a legal argument is the height of hypocrisy.

Just sayin'.
I agree you're putting the US on the same level as Al Qaeda and ISIS. Well done.
She actually was distinguishing them.
You have issues with reading comprehension, dontcha?
The US doesn't abide by the Geneva Convention. Comparable to those it calls terrorists.

Still, I understand the requirement to seek a very low bar to compare your behaviour against. I mean if you can't call yourself better than those you call terrorist who can you call yourself better than?
The US doesnt abide by the Geneva Convention?
Obama Bush and the Geneva Conventions
The more you post, the stupider you look.

You are a moron. Aren't you late for your occupying today?
You're the one who compared US behaviour with that of those you call terrorists. Which is fair enough really, we know the US is guilty of torture and we think ISIS waterboarded some victims. Quite ironic don't you think? In orange jump suits and all.

The US doesn't abide by the Geneva Convention. Comparable to those it calls terrorists.

Still, I understand the requirement to seek a very low bar to compare your behaviour against. I mean if you can't call yourself better than those you call terrorist who can you call yourself better than?

Your claim is false. The United States does abide by the GC.

The left in this nation simply has decided to use the big lie technique.

He makes up shit as he goes. Next he'll be denouncing Big Oil and the Koch Brothers as the forces behind keeping Gitmo open.

Just sayin'.
I agree you're putting the US on the same level as Al Qaeda and ISIS. Well done.
She actually was distinguishing them.
You have issues with reading comprehension, dontcha?

Keep it up, bub. You're just proving your utter brainwashed ignorance. The U.S. does abide by the Geneva Convention when it is applicable. It does not apply to terrorists. They are not government parties who ratified rhe treaty. They don't wear uniforms which distinguish them from civilians. They use civilians as shields and on and on and on.

You are a moron. Aren't you late for your occupying today?
You're the one who compared US behaviour with that of those you call terrorists. Which is fair enough really, we know the US is guilty of torture and we think ISIS waterboarded some victims. Quite ironic don't you think? In orange jump suits and all.

I CONTRASTED it. Clearly, you are so marinated in Moral Relativism that you cannot properly read for comprehension.

The Bush administration claimed there was a class of person unprotected by the Conventions. That is false. The Bush administration did not uphold the Conventions.

The Bush administration claimed there was a class of person unprotected by the Conventions. That is false.

No, it is not false - you are simply ignorant. Because you are ignorant, you fail to question the stupid shit the hive feeds you. Because you lack critical thought, you spew that stupid shit here.

The Bush administration did not uphold the Conventions.

Yes, because unlawful combatants held on foreign soil are U.S. Citizens.... :eusa_whistle:

Keep it up, bub. You're just proving your utter brainwashed ignorance. The U.S. does abide by the Geneva Convention when it is applicable. It does not apply to terrorists. They are not government parties who ratified rhe treaty. They don't wear uniforms which distinguish them from civilians. They use civilians as shields and on and on and on.
There is no unprotected category of persons under the Geneva Conventions. You cling to discredited Bush administration legal arguments that have long since been buried, no court will touch them.

The Bush administration claimed there was a class of person unprotected by the Conventions. That is false.

No, it is not false - you are simply ignorant. Because you are ignorant, you fail to question the stupid shit the hive feeds you. Because you lack critical thought, you spew that stupid shit here.

The Bush administration did not uphold the Conventions.

Yes, because unlawful combatants held on foreign soil are U.S. Citizens.... :eusa_whistle:
Well, as I said, denial is all you have if you don't want to accept you supported war crimes, so I understand you're going to cling to it.

Happy dangling.

This is good. No severe suffering here...

Eugene Robinson: Senate report shows that the U.S. answered evil with evil

http://www.washingtonpost.com

According to the Senate intelligence committee report on the treatment of detainees after the 9/11 attacks, members of a CIA interrogation team were “profoundly affected . . . some to the point of tears and choking up” at the brutal treatment in 2002 of an important al-Qaeda detainee named Abu Zubaida.

Captured in Pakistan and whisked to a secret facility in Thailand, Zubaida was initially cooperative, willingly providing answers under normal, non-coercive questioning. But the CIA abruptly halted his interrogation, placed him in isolation for 47 days and then began a regime of astonishing and gratuitous cruelty.

Torturers slammed him against walls, confined him in coffin-size boxes for a total of nearly 300 hours and subjected him to 83 sessions of waterboarding, which simulates drowning — a practice for which Japanese war criminals were tried, convicted and harshly punished following World War II. After one waterboarding assault, according to the Senate report, Zubaida was “completely unresponsive, with bubbles rising through his open, full mouth.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com

We know of two men who were tortured to death. One of them, Gul Rahman, was held at a facility in Afghanistan that the Senate report refers to as COBALT, described in a CIA memo as a “dungeon.” Rahman was put in a dank, frigid cell wearing only a shirt — no pants or underwear — and chained so that he had to sit or lie on a bare concrete floor. He was found dead the next morning, apparently of hypothermia. The other man, Manadel al-Jamadi, died in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq after being beaten and shackled to a window.

Forum List

Back