What Is "Torture"?

And some people are apparently so dense they believe the terrorists should set standards of behavior for us. Why do you want to give up the moral high ground to the terrorists? Do you like recruiting lots of new terrorists?

They don't set the standards for us. We use the least harmful of interrogation methods with the goal of saving innocent American lives, they use the most horrific methods to kill innocent men, women and children and to spread fear of their groups around the world......not even close to who we are.....

I always here that what we do recruits new terrorists....it seems like they had no trouble recruiting terrorists when they attacked the U.S.S. Cole, the Khobar towers, which they blew up, attacked the World Trade Center the first time and the when they Attacked the World Trade Center the second time....

Why isn't anyone saying in the muslim world....hey abdullah....everytime you cut the head off of an innocent man, woman or child....you are just recruiting more Navy Seals to kill our asses....but you don't hear that, do you?

Keep it up, bub. You're just proving your utter brainwashed ignorance. The U.S. does abide by the Geneva Convention when it is applicable. It does not apply to terrorists. They are not government parties who ratified rhe treaty. They don't wear uniforms which distinguish them from civilians. They use civilians as shields and on and on and on.
There is no unprotected category of persons under the Geneva Conventions. You cling to discredited Bush administration legal arguments that have long since been buried, no court will touch them.

Clearly, you are persistently unencumbered by actual knowledge of the Geneva Convention.

tor·ture
ˈtôrCHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
    synonyms: infliction of pain, abuse, ill-treatment, maltreatment, persecution;
    sadism
    "acts of torture"
verb
  1. 1.
    inflict severe pain on.
    "most of the victims had been brutally tortured"
    synonyms: inflict pain on, ill-treat, abuse, mistreat, maltreat, persecute
    "they have tortured suspects in order to extract confessions"
Are you that idiotic you have to post a dictionary definition? Even where the legal definition has already been posted and dscussed?
Your posts are torture for anyone with more than 5 functioning brain cells.

Your definition of torture is completely meaningless and irrelevant.

The irrelevant part of this entire thread is thinking that out opponents even care? They torture, and when done they cut off their victims heads and post the videos on youtube.

Think they would sign on to a non torture treaty?

ahhhhhhh, yup, day sur wud

And some people are apparently so dense they believe the terrorists should set standards of behavior for us. Why do you want to give up the moral high ground to the terrorists? Do you like recruiting lots of new terrorists?

This is war dolt.

Get out of the way. We don't care, you will still be protected no matter how dumb you are.

SO when will conservatives be in favor of beheading terrorists and sending the tapes to the news so they can watch?

You aren't protecting me from anything, fella. I can do that on my own just fine. There is no fucking invasion, you paranoid, delusional totalitarian. But let me know when there is one. I'll load my m4 and join the fight.

SO when will conservatives be in favor of beheading terrorists and sending the tapes to the news so they can watch?

We favor interrogation techniques that don't leave lasting harm, don't injure the prisoner and keep them unharmed throughout the process....and get the information we need......what part of that don't you guys get.....and don't give me the alleged guy who died from hypothermia....since we haven't seen the interrogators account of what happened, if the guy had an underlying medical condition then so be it.....they declared war on us, and they are the ones pushing the aggression...

We favor interrogation techniques that don't leave lasting harm, don't injure the prisoner and keep them unharmed throughout the process....and get the information we need......what part of that don't you guys get.....and don't give me the alleged guy who died from hypothermia....since we haven't seen the interrogators account of what happened, if the guy had an underlying medical condition then so be it.....they declared war on us, and they are the ones pushing the aggression...

Not according to most of you. You're more than happy to employ techniques that have resulted in death....and some other strange techniques. But remember, it's "not torture".

From there you're just apologizing for nefarious tactics to acquire information. Also, remember, these people invaded us, not the other way around.

:lmao:

Read Blowback and then resume the discussion. If you believe they "attacked" us without warrant, you're fooling yourself. Moreover, the hijackers on 9/11 were saudi.....

I'm going to take a page from the Overly Sensitive Prog Playbook and declare that Obama Speeches are TORTURE.

I swear. Every time I hear him DRONE on with his I-Me-My-Mine blather, it is excruciatingly painful.

Hence, it's torture.

I'm going to take a page from the Overly Sensitive Prog Playbook and declare that Obama Speeches are TORTURE.

I swear. Every time I hear him DRONE on with his I-Me-My-Mine blather, it is excruciatingly painful.

Hence, it's torture.

LOL, you voted for him.

No, I didn't vote for Obama in either 2008 or 2012.

Hence, it's torture.

LOL, you voted for him.

Strange, I could have sworn I read that you voted for him twice, partly because of gay rights issues.

Hence, it's torture.

LOL, you voted for him.

Strange, I could have sworn I read that you voted for him twice, partly because of gay rights issues.

I suspect you are confusing me with bodecea. She's my evul twin from the Anti-Matter universe; and she's the one with a beard.

4 out of 5 former Vietnam era POWs say water boarding is not torture...they should know...they were waterboarded in pilot training then actually tortured by the communists in Vietnam....and the 4 agree....they support, whole heartedly, the waterboarding of terrorists.....and 2 of them are Congressional Medal of Honor Awardees.....

They are experts in what torture is and isn't....and they say waterboarding, though harsh, is not evil, or torture....

I did not say "it is definitely not torture"----jerk--------I have seen all kinds of TORTURE---------getting arrested is TORTURE--- being in jail is TORTURE Being the son
of an incarcerated father is TORTURE
---------I have lots of
compassion of the people who experience it-----and also for
those put in the position of having to inflict it. I have dealt
with both sides. Being shot by a cop is-------horrific----being
the mother of a son shot by the cops is horrific. Being the
cop who did it-----is horrific. I have seen the situation from -
the dead guy with the bullet in the brain----the screaming
mother ------and the devastated cop divested of his gun and
possibly his career.

I am a bit mystified by the "drug" threat. If the administration of amytal (aka "truth serum" ) is TORTURE---
then the use of a lie detector test should be considered
TORTURE too. If a therapeutic enema is TORTURE----
then my mom should be executed------she brought up five
kids-------with the help of some kind of "family medical care" tome written sometime in 1925---------she managed well enough-----we all lived----
ll I can say is you have got to be freaking kidding. You have never seen torture.

I did not say "it is definitely not torture"----jerk--------I have seen all kinds of TORTURE---------getting arrested is TORTURE--- being in jail is TORTURE Being the son
of an incarcerated father is TORTURE
---------I have lots of
compassion of the people who experience it-----and also for
those put in the position of having to inflict it. I have dealt
with both sides. Being shot by a cop is-------horrific----being
the mother of a son shot by the cops is horrific. Being the
cop who did it-----is horrific. I have seen the situation from -
the dead guy with the bullet in the brain----the screaming
mother ------and the devastated cop divested of his gun and
possibly his career.

I am a bit mystified by the "drug" threat. If the administration of amytal (aka "truth serum" ) is TORTURE---
then the use of a lie detector test should be considered
TORTURE too. If a therapeutic enema is TORTURE----
then my mom should be executed------she brought up five
kids-------with the help of some kind of "family medical care" tome written sometime in 1925---------she managed well enough-----we all lived----
ll I can say is you have got to be freaking kidding. You have never seen torture.

I have been told (in writings) by idiots like you that the
insertion of a naso gastric tube-------which is the standard
way of doing "gastric lavage" in cases of poisoning-----and the standard way of dealing with persons on hunger strikes---
as an emergency maneuver------is "TORTURE"-----I have inserted many Nasogastric tubes. I have assisted in amytal interviews-----they are sometimes used in medical diagnosis. ----thus according to idiots like you I have seen "torture" I have also examined a prison having been informed that it was booby trapped to be unsafe and people
were being "tortured" by solitary confinement. I have also examined patients who claimed to have been tortured.
Lots of imprisoned or arrested people claim "TORTURE"

Fact is not denial. You have no fucking clue what your talking about. You are a partisan, and seem to think that is a substitute for fact and reality.

Learn something, you fucking retard;

Unlawful combatant
Where in domestic law is 'enhanced interrogation' permitted, you dead ender bitterly clinging to your vicarious sadism? US Code specifically forbids it, you hapless wanker.

An unlawful combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a civilian who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and may be detained or prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action.[1]

Forum List

Back