What is "Trickle Down Economics"?

So this is GOP's economy, NOT Obama's? And the Dems had the 1980's?

PLEASE link how Obama 'turned off' the reform? Pretty please?

WHO SAID WELFARE? Oh YOU dd. Small part of the moocher class. Corp tax breaks are probably #1 and tax breaks for 'job creators' are probably #2. Like you say, Medicare/SS paid into the system for their parents and grandparents generation. Their kids and grandkids are taking care of the current moocher class on those programs!

No retard, this is OUR ECONOMY. Yours and mine. The leaders of this POS ship are just captains that do or do not provide some amount of steerage. However this is ship is powered by the people who row it... and if they are not rowing they are dead weight.

Obama Administration Ends Welfare Reform as We Know It

SS recipients are not moochers you retarded POS.

your Heritage article is a joke.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...torum-Romney-claim-Obama-ending-welfare-work/
Then perhaps you can explain why the number of people on welfare has more than doubled under Obama.

now the bottom 20% of this countrys wage earners don't have jobs ..

no need to raise the minimum wage, nobody makes min wage. ... who knew?

The requirement for a single person to receive welfare is to keep your wage under 30hrs at minimum wage in most states. I don't consider that to be a real job. To me that's a job of a child in high school. Not the job of an adult. Back in the 60s one would be ashamed to only be an adult bread winner working 30hrs a week at minimum wage. Nutz. This nanny state has made it the norm for people who don't give a shit.

Weird IF the GOP 'job creator' policies worked, as they say they would, jobs would be everywhere for anyone. Why hasn't that worked out?

Yes, I bet you SS moochers just HATE the red state SNAP moochers
The number of jobs available exceeds the population size. The welfare moochers do not work because they are being paid to watch TV.
SS is not mooching you SOB POS.

No retard, this is OUR ECONOMY. Yours and mine. The leaders of this POS ship are just captains that do or do not provide some amount of steerage. However this is ship is powered by the people who row it... and if they are not rowing they are dead weight.

Rick Santorum repeats Romney claim that Obama is ending work requirement in welfare | PolitiFact
Then perhaps you can explain why the number of people on welfare has more than doubled under Obama.

Stop conflating welfare with SNAP (food stamps)

Explain? DUBYA/GOP DUG A HUGE FUCKING HOLE AND THE GOP HAS REFUSED TO HELP OBAMA GET US OUT OF IT QUICKLY!!!

The requirement for a single person to receive welfare is to keep your wage under 30hrs at minimum wage in most states. I don't consider that to be a real job. To me that's a job of a child in high school. Not the job of an adult. Back in the 60s one would be ashamed to only be an adult bread winner working 30hrs a week at minimum wage. Nutz. This nanny state has made it the norm for people who don't give a shit.

Weird IF the GOP 'job creator' policies worked, as they say they would, jobs would be everywhere for anyone. Why hasn't that worked out?

The number of jobs available exceeds the population size. The welfare moochers do not work because they are being paid to watch TV.

Got it, You stick to the lies moocher

GOT A LINK TO

"The number of jobs available exceeds the population size."

It's a failed and discredited republican fiscal policy predicated on a fallacy propagated by conservative economic dogma that by reducing the tax burden on corporations and the wealthiest Americans, those corporations and individuals will 'reinvest' windfall profits to expand corporate production and business activity, resulting in growth in jobs and the economy.

Needless to say nothing could be further from the truth.

Trickle-down economics, a centerpiece of conservative economic thinking for many decades, failed to deliver its promise of distributing wealth across the economy, a new paper from Harvard University‘s Kennedy School of Government says.

Trickle-Down Economics Fails to Deliver as Promised - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Indeed, rather than using the windfall generated by tax cuts to 'create jobs,' corporations instead used their decreased tax burden to maximize profits and enrich investors and stockholders, where in fact there was nothing remaining to 'trickle-down.'

That republicans and conservatives continue to attempt to promote this failed and discredited fiscal policy is both remarkable and telling.

Rick Santorum repeats Romney claim that Obama is ending work requirement in welfare | PolitiFact

maybe because 9 Million baby boomers have reached the age they qualify for SS benefits... :eusa_whistle:

So this is GOP's economy, NOT Obama's? And the Dems had the 1980's?

PLEASE link how Obama 'turned off' the reform? Pretty please?

WHO SAID WELFARE? Oh YOU dd. Small part of the moocher class. Corp tax breaks are probably #1 and tax breaks for 'job creators' are probably #2. Like you say, Medicare/SS paid into the system for their parents and grandparents generation. Their kids and grandkids are taking care of the current moocher class on those programs!

Does Obama’s Plan ‘Gut Welfare Reform’?

Under the new policy, states can now seek a federal waiver from work-participation rules that, among other things, require welfare recipients to engage in one of 12 specific “work activities,” such as job training. But, in exchange, states must develop a plan that would provide a “more efficient or effective means to promote employment,” which may or may not include some or all of the same work activities. States also must submit an “evaluation plan” that includes “performance measures” that must be met — or the waiver could be revoked.

Ron Haskins, a former Republican House committee aide who was instrumental in the 1996 overhaul of the welfare program, told us the Obama administration should not have unilaterally changed the work-requirement rules. But Haskins said the Romney claim that Obama’s plan will “gut welfare reform” is “very misleading.”

“I do not think it ends welfare reform or strongly undermines welfare reform,” said Haskins,

“Each state has to say what they will do and how that reform … will either increase employment or lead to better employment” of recipients.

The Obama policy responds to state officials who say they can improve job placement and retention if freed from the time-consuming process of documenting and verifying that recipients are engaged in those work activities.

Does Obama?s Plan ?Gut Welfare Reform??

SO YOU ARE A SS MOOCHER? GOT IT

No i'm no on SS ass hole.

Clearly you can't read. The article you cite explicitly states that the work requirement was expanded to include a dozen bullshit types of programs that do not require the welfare recipient to actually work. IOW it GUTTED WELFARE REFORM. The libtards are essentially saying it GUTTED WELFARE REFORM for a good reason. Good intentions or not, they gutted it.

Last edited:

GOT A LINK TO

I'll be more specific. The number of jobs available is infinite. Said another way the number of jobs available is only limited by yourself.

maybe because 9 Million baby boomers have reached the age they qualify for SS benefits... :eusa_whistle:
SS benefits are not counted as welfare or in welfare data. It's counted as income dumb ass.

It's a failed and discredited republican fiscal policy predicated on a fallacy propagated by conservative economic dogma that by reducing the tax burden on corporations and the wealthiest Americans, those corporations and individuals will 'reinvest' windfall profits to expand corporate production and business activity, resulting in growth in jobs and the economy.

Trickle-down economics, a centerpiece of conservative economic thinking for many decades, failed to deliver its promise of distributing wealth across the economy, a new paper from Harvard University‘s Kennedy School of Government says.

Indeed, rather than using the windfall generated by tax cuts to 'create jobs,' corporations instead used their decreased tax burden to maximize profits and enrich investors and stockholders, where in fact there was nothing remaining to 'trickle-down.'

That republicans and conservatives continue to attempt to promote this failed and discredited fiscal policy is both remarkable and telling.

Trickle down only works when people use the money to buy /invest American. When they use the money to buy cheap crap from China... and invest in India... well then that's more like trickling on the good ole USA.

Does Obama’s Plan ‘Gut Welfare Reform’?

Under the new policy, states can now seek a federal waiver from work-participation rules that, among other things, require welfare recipients to engage in one of 12 specific “work activities,” such as job training. But, in exchange, states must develop a plan that would provide a “more efficient or effective means to promote employment,” which may or may not include some or all of the same work activities. States also must submit an “evaluation plan” that includes “performance measures” that must be met — or the waiver could be revoked.

Ron Haskins, a former Republican House committee aide who was instrumental in the 1996 overhaul of the welfare program, told us the Obama administration should not have unilaterally changed the work-requirement rules. But Haskins said the Romney claim that Obama’s plan will “gut welfare reform” is “very misleading.”

“I do not think it ends welfare reform or strongly undermines welfare reform,” said Haskins,

“Each state has to say what they will do and how that reform … will either increase employment or lead to better employment” of recipients.

The Obama policy responds to state officials who say they can improve job placement and retention if freed from the time-consuming process of documenting and verifying that recipients are engaged in those work activities.

Does Obama?s Plan ?Gut Welfare Reform??

SO YOU ARE A SS MOOCHER? GOT IT

No i'm no on SS ass hole.

Clearly you can't read. The article you cite explicitly states that the work requirement was expanded to include a dozen bullshit types of programs that do not require the welfare recipient to actually work. IOW it GUTTED WELFARE REFORM. The libtards are essentially saying it GUTTED WELFARE REFORM for a good reason. Good intentions or not, they gutted it.

LOL, Yeah those damn red state Guvs are FAMOUS for allowing their people mooch

Sure, YOU aren't on SS as a moocher....

SPENDING hurt US? REALLY?

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DETAILS HOW THOSE OR OTHER PROGRAMS HAMPERED US DURING DUBYA'S TERM?

Is this really that hard for you to understand? When millions of people go out of work, due to death from bombs, displacement from floods, or to fight a war in the sands of the ME, those people are no longer producing goods and services that apply to the GDP. Duh.

US LOST MILLIONS? Really? REALLY?

How about ramped up spending to rebuild N/O anything? How about monies to US Corps that made bombs and hired guys?

All part of the balance sheet. Still don't sit there and tell me that burning money doesn't affect the balance sheet. Even you can't be that dumb.

Trickle down only works when people use the money to buy /invest American. When they use the money to buy cheap crap from China... and invest in India... well then that's more like trickling on the good ole USA.

Good you agree, GOV'T POLICY MATTERS. Conservatives 'free trade' has hosed US AND there is no need to have the 'job creators' keep the lowest sustained tax burden in 80+ years!

Is this really that hard for you to understand? When millions of people go out of work, due to death from bombs, displacement from floods, or to fight a war in the sands of the ME, those people are no longer producing goods and services that apply to the GDP. Duh.

US LOST MILLIONS? Really? REALLY?

How about ramped up spending to rebuild N/O anything? How about monies to US Corps that made bombs and hired guys?

All part of the balance sheet. Still don't sit there and tell me that burning money doesn't affect the balance sheet. Even you can't be that dumb.

Didn't Dubya goose up spending? WHILE gutting US revenues? THAT should've boomed the US economy right? I mean Dubya cut 25% of revenues off of Clinton's last couple years. MORE MONEY IN THE CONSUMERS HANDS, WHILE HE RAMPED UP GOV'T SPENDING

WHY DIDN'T THE ECONOMY BOOM?

Rep. Tom Cole says food stamp spending doubled under Bush, doubled again under Obama | PolitiFact

doubled under Bush, doubled under Obama ...

We asked Cole for his evidence that spending doubled under Bush before doubling under Obama. The congressman provided numbers from the agency that administers the program, the U.S. Agriculture Department.

He compared total costs of the program from the start of Bush’s term in 2000 to the end of his second term in 2008, then growth from 2008 to the most recent fiscal year available, 2012. Costs had more than doubled under Bush, from $17 billion to $38 billion, then doubled again under Obama, to $78 billion.

Cole didn’t adjust for inflation, but he should have: A more accurate inflation-adjusted measure even more closely matches his claim. Total spending on SNAP in 2012 dollars doubled under Bush, from $20 billion to $40 billion, and very nearly doubled under Obama, $40 billion to $78 billion.

Why?

The story since 2007 is still fresh: joblessness driven by the recession made more people eligible for help, and also drove more folks who were already eligible for help to ask for it, perhaps because their other support networks were tapped out. The stimulus bill also included a boost in benefits, which temporarily increased costs. That expires in November.

The recession also partly explains the rise in benefits before Bush left office in 2008.

But it was the presidency of Bill Clinton and the 1996 welfare reform that set the stage for rising benefits under Bush. Under Clinton, spending had fallen nearly 40 percent, partly because of new limits in the law. By the late 1990s, lawmakers were already starting to roll back some restrictions, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

"The increases were largely a rebound from the deep cuts the program sustained in the 1996 welfare law and strengthening the program’s ability to support working families," said Dottie Rosenbaum, who worked in the Congressional Budget Office at the time. She’s now a senior policy analyst with the liberal Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

Ron Haskins, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who advised Bush on welfare policy at the time of the 2002 farm bill, said the goal then was to expand food programs for low-income working families. The bill made it easier for states to administer the programs and to get more eligible people signed up.

dumbass.

Last edited:

GOT A LINK TO

I'll be more specific. The number of jobs available is infinite. Said another way the number of jobs available is only limited by yourself.

Weird, I thought 'job creators' created job by supplying US jobs (via 'supply side) , and we gutted taxes on them HUGELY the last 33+ years. You saying there is no reason for 'job creators' to have the lowest sustained tax burden in 80 years?

You wave your ignorance like a flag. Supply side economics worked every time it was tried. Creating incentives for people to work more and invest results in...people working more and investing! Creating incentives for people to move up their auto purchase from December to May creates...loss for the auto industry, as we just saw.
In contrast demand side economics, like Obama has been practicing, is a total failure. Just look at this chart, which proves it:
0422-biz-CARBONweb.png

A total record of failure.

GOT A LINK TO

Weird, I thought 'job creators' created job by supplying US jobs (via 'supply side) , and we gutted taxes on them HUGELY the last 33+ years. You saying there is no reason for 'job creators' to have the lowest sustained tax burden in 80 years?

Can you convert this question to English?

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

― Thomas Sowell, Barbarians inside the Gates and Other Controversial Essays

Rep. Tom Cole says food stamp spending doubled under Bush, doubled again under Obama | PolitiFact

doubled under Bush, doubled under Obama ...

We asked Cole for his evidence that spending doubled under Bush before doubling under Obama. The congressman provided numbers from the agency that administers the program, the U.S. Agriculture Department.

He compared total costs of the program from the start of Bush’s term in 2000 to the end of his second term in 2008, then growth from 2008 to the most recent fiscal year available, 2012. Costs had more than doubled under Bush, from $17 billion to $38 billion, then doubled again under Obama, to $78 billion.

Cole didn’t adjust for inflation, but he should have: A more accurate inflation-adjusted measure even more closely matches his claim. Total spending on SNAP in 2012 dollars doubled under Bush, from $20 billion to $40 billion, and very nearly doubled under Obama, $40 billion to $78 billion.

Why?

The story since 2007 is still fresh: joblessness driven by the recession made more people eligible for help, and also drove more folks who were already eligible for help to ask for it, perhaps because their other support networks were tapped out. The stimulus bill also included a boost in benefits, which temporarily increased costs. That expires in November.

The recession also partly explains the rise in benefits before Bush left office in 2008.

But it was the presidency of Bill Clinton and the 1996 welfare reform that set the stage for rising benefits under Bush. Under Clinton, spending had fallen nearly 40 percent, partly because of new limits in the law. By the late 1990s, lawmakers were already starting to roll back some restrictions, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

"The increases were largely a rebound from the deep cuts the program sustained in the 1996 welfare law and strengthening the program’s ability to support working families," said Dottie Rosenbaum, who worked in the Congressional Budget Office at the time. She’s now a senior policy analyst with the liberal Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

Ron Haskins, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who advised Bush on welfare policy at the time of the 2002 farm bill, said the goal then was to expand food programs for low-income working families. The bill made it easier for states to administer the programs and to get more eligible people signed up.

dumbass.
Ayup... as has been explained many times. Bush was a socialist neocon as a TX governor and continued to be a socialist neocon as President.

You want to increase production in this country? Stop paying people to be un-productive and watch people start fighting for the chance to be productive so they can get paid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back