What is Trump's exit strategy if he starts losing? Social experiment?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
How genius would it be if Trump were to announce, just as he started to drop in the Iowa and New Hampshire polls, that his campaign was in fact not a legitimate quest for the presidency, but rather to conduct the world's greatest social experiment?

"I'm leaving the race. I don't want to be president. I never wanted to be president. I just wanted to hold a mirror up to the ignorance and bigotry that lurks dangerously beneath the surface. And you shocked me. The more vile and racist I became, the more you loved me! No matter what I did, I'd go up in the polls! I'd say to Melania, what do I have to do turn these people against me, kill someone?! I pulled off the greatest social experiment in American history. In the end, it wasn't Donald Trump whose behavior was shameful, it was yours. I was merely pretending, but you weren't. You've got a lot to work on, America. And you can thank Trump for exposing it."

Much More: What If This Is Actually What Donald Trump's Campaign Is All About?

With Trump's enormous narcissistic ego - this is the most plausible excuse I can imagine.

Whether intentional or not, Trump is conducting a great social experiment. He is exposing how ignorant, immoral, racist, vile and vicious his base really is.

It'll be interesting to see who the voters who don't vote for Trump in the first round of Iowa go for in subsequent rounds. If people are supporting others because they hate Trump, 40% may be his ceiling and he'll be out of there in a huff.

Last edited:
Like the OP states:

Thanks to Donald Trump, the 2016 presidential campaign is like no other in the history of American politics. It's certain to be studied in colleges and universities, and analyzed by consultants and pundits, for decades to come.

For those who haven't clicked on the OP link and read the entire story - you should. It's pure genius! I salute the author, Andy Ostroy.

How genius would it be if Trump were to announce, just as he started to drop in the Iowa and New Hampshire polls, that his campaign was in fact not a legitimate quest for the presidency, but rather to conduct the world's greatest social experiment?

"I'm leaving the race. I don't want to be president. I never wanted to be president. I just wanted to hold a mirror up to the ignorance and bigotry that lurks dangerously beneath the surface. And you shocked me. The more vile and racist I became, the more you loved me! No matter what I did, I'd go up in the polls! I'd say to Melania, what do I have to do turn these people against me, kill someone?! I pulled off the greatest social experiment in American history. In the end, it wasn't Donald Trump whose behavior was shameful, it was yours. I was merely pretending, but you weren't. You've got a lot to work on, America. And you can thank Trump for exposing it."

With Trump's enormous narcissistic ego - this is the most plausible excuse I can imagine.
Could be he's been filming it as a reality show all along. Since it's not airing live, maybe Netflix is behind it? Hulu?

Whether intentional or not, Trump is conducting a great social experiment. He is exposing how ignorant, immoral, racist, vile and vicious his base really is.
Can't be worse than the Obama experiment has been. A community agitator with no experience.

Can't be worse than the Obama experiment has been. A community agitator with no experience.

Why if Trump is simply exposing ignorant, racist NaziCons?

PLEASE explain how race fits in to this. Or just admit you are big bag of dumbfuck..

PLEASE explain how race fits in to this. Or just admit you are big bag of dumbfuck..

Take your pick from the following:

Racist are liberals.

Yeah, typical NaziCon strategy - accuse others of what you are.

Could be he's been filming it as a reality show all along. Since it's not airing live, maybe Netflix is behind it? Hulu?

Thank you! That's very plausible.

Take your pick from the following:
Please just post a quote and date. I read one of the links was someones opinion and didn't even click on any of the rest.

Forum List

Back