🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is your background/interest in the Middle East?

You didn't say anything previous to 48, you asked a general question.

The Jews where in Israel before the Arabs, though. that's a fact. fact that the sunni guy seems upset with, for some reason.:eusa_whistle:

We were discussing who started a hundred year old war and you post a recent attack. How is that relevant?

My grandparents are from England, Germany, and Scotland. Does that mean I am not American?

Israel was established 3000 years ago, 3000 years before palestinians were even invented. Jews have an unbroken presence in Israel since 1200 BCE.

No rep points for you

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sdiAl9OayA]Shlomo Sand; The Invention of the Jewish People - YouTube[/ame]

Ironically, it turns out the OP and 95 percent of the posters have zero backround in the Middle East, after all. No surprise, there. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by eots
Shlomo Sand; The Invention of the Jewish People

Fucktard, Shlomo Sand teaches French history, not Jewish history. You muslimes are the dumbest shits on the planet

Jesus Christ was Jewish: Matthew 2:1-2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start with the introduction to a thread I started on 5/11(yesterday) and then, at my own speed, add my background/interest in the ME.

PLEASE do not post 200 comments here, Hossfly.

You are more than welcome to post your connection with the ME, but everyone has managed to do that in a single post, and I dare say you can too.

Particularly not with 'Exodus' as your opening gambit.
Very well Miz Know-it-all who wants to arrange, edit and approve accounts of people who have experiences far beyond anything you can even imagine. You have no idea of some of the people on this thread who have lived in mid-East countries and know of what they speak. You are too dense to realize they have had their fill of your pompous,overbearing posturing. You have become the mouse that the cats are toying with.Have fun writing about mybackground/interest in the ME. I am anxious to see what I really did.

I'll start with the introduction to a thread I started on 5/11(yesterday) and then, at my own speed, add my background/interest in the ME.

PLEASE do not post 200 comments here, Hossfly.

You are more than welcome to post your connection with the ME, but everyone has managed to do that in a single post, and I dare say you can too.

Particularly not with 'Exodus' as your opening gambit.
Very well Miz Know-it-all who wants to arrange, edit and approve accounts of people who have experiences far beyond anything you can even imagine. You have no idea of some of the people on this thread who have lived in mid-East countries and know of what they speak. You are too dense to realize they have had their fill of your pompous,overbearing posturing. You have become the mouse that the cats are toying with.Have fun writing about mybackground/interest in the ME. I am anxious to see what I really did.

Saigon is a proven poseur with zero knowledge of Middle East history.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that Jos.

I'm still waiting for the Link she promised about "dozens" of Israeli children killed by Gaza bottle rockets fired into southern Israel. :eusa_whistle:

Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rockets and mortars have killed 16 people within Israel up to 2008.[102] Most of those killed were civilians, including four children.

Dozens, huh?
Dozens.

Major Palestinian Terror Attacks Since Oslo

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Was that before 1948?

The Jews where in Israel before the Arabs, though. that's a fact. fact that the sunni guy seems upset with, for some reason.:eusa_whistle:

We were discussing who started a hundred year old war and you post a recent attack. How is that relevant?

My grandparents are from England, Germany, and Scotland. Does that mean I am not American?

Many Israeli grandparents were born in Europe or the middle east. Does that mean they aren't Israeli?

Ironically, it turns out the OP and 95 percent of the posters have zero backround in the Middle East, after all. No surprise, there. :badgrin:

Actually, you, Roudby and Hossdly seem to be the only one with no connection at all to the Middle East.

We have at least three posters here who have lived in the region, a few others who have visited, and some with family connections and things like that.

I don't think it would be a surprise to anyone that the people who have personal experience of the region are also the ones who seem to have the most interesting views of the region.

Last edited:

Many Israeli grandparents were born in Europe or the middle east. Does that mean they aren't Israeli?

Israelis seem to believe that Palestinians whose parents and grandparents were born in Palestine are not Palestinians.:cuckoo:

Israelis seem to believe that Palestinians whose parents and grandparents were born in Palestine are not Palestinians.:cuckoo:

The nutcases here might pretend to believe that - I doubt many Israelis do.

From Haifa you can literally see the Palestinian city of Akko - where Palestinians have lived continuously for 2,000 years or so. From Tel Aviv you can literally see Jaffa - with an even older history.

I don't think many Israelis enjoy watching Americans lying about their country.

The nutcases here might pretend to believe that - I doubt many Israelis do.

From Haifa you can literally see the Palestinian city of Akko - where Palestinians have lived continuously for 2,000 years or so. From Tel Aviv you can literally see Jaffa - with an even older history.

I don't think many Israelis enjoy watching Americans lying about their country.

Arab American Journalist Joseph Farah: The Myth Of Palestine And Palestinians :badgrin: :clap2:
The truth is that Palestine is no more real than Never-Never Land. The first time the name was used was in 70 A.D. when the Romans committed genocide against the Jews, smashed the Temple and declared the land of Israel would be no more. From then on, the Romans promised, it would be known as Palestine. The name was derived from the Philistines, a Goliathian people conquered by the Jews centuries earlier. It was a way for the Romans to add insult to injury. They also tried to change the name of Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina, but that had even less staying power.

Palestine has never existed — before or since — as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.

There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

But that’s too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today. Greed. Pride. Envy. Covetousness. No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough.

I know what you’re going to say: “Farah, the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem represent Islam’s third most holy sites.”

Not true. In fact, the Quran says nothing about Jerusalem. It mentions Mecca hundreds of times. It mentions Medina countless times. It never mentions Jerusalem. With good reason. There is no historical evidence to suggest Muhammad ever visited Jerusalem.

So how did Jerusalem become the third holiest site of Islam? Muslims today cite a vague passage in the Quran, the 17th Sura, entitled “The Night Journey.” It relates that in a dream or a vision Muhammad was carried by night “from the sacred temple to the temple that is most remote, whose precinct we have blessed, that we might show him our signs. …” In the seventh century, some Muslims identified the two temples mentioned in this verse as being in Mecca and Jerusalem. And that’s as close as Islam’s connection with Jerusalem gets — myth, fantasy, wishful thinking. Meanwhile, Jews can trace their roots in Jerusalem back to the days of Abraham.
Myths of the Middle East

JStone -

All spamming of this thread will be ignored.

I know you are embarassed, I know you are hurt and bitter, but spamming the thread so that no one witnesses your humiliation is not an effective method of learning.

Most Israeli Jews are indigenous to Israel and the Near East. A million Jews lived in Egypt during the time of Alexander the Great and Ptolemy 1000 years before any arab trash invaded.

The Hebrew Bible was translated into the Greek Septuagint in the 3rd century BCE to serve the large Jewish community in Egypt.

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert, Author of 10 Books on Middle East History and History of Jerusalem-----

Jerusalem became the capital of the first Jewish kingdom in 1004 BC, over 3000 years ago. With the brief exception of the Crusader period, no other non-Jewish ruling power of Jerusalem made the city a capital but it was consistently a capital for the Jews. Driven into partial exile by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC, the Jews returned fifty years later and rebuilt Jerusalem as their capital. It was their capital, too, under the Maccabees. The unity of the city achieved in 1967, then, was more than a quirk of military geography. It was the fulfillment of unbroken historical longings.

In 1210, following the defeat of the Crusaders, groups of Jews began to return Jerusalem. Henceforth, without interruption, and in every decade, individual Jews and groups of Jews reached the city from the Maghreb [north Africa] and elsewhere forming an ever-growing community. Driven out by the Tartar invasion of 1244, they had returned by 1250. Three times a day the Jews repeated in their prayers, "And to Jerusalem Thy city mayest thou return to mercy, and dwell in its midst as Thou hast spoken, and rebuild it soon in our days for evermore

Areas from which some 300 Rabbis travelled to Jerusalem, Acre and Ramla in 1210 AD, to strengthen the Jewish communities weakened by the Crusader massacres and expulsions. Jews are known to have traveled from throughout the region to Jerusalem [after 1267], settling permanently and forming by 1841 the largest single community in Jerusalem.

1000 AD: Jews take part in the defence of Haifa against the Crusades

1099:AD: Jews take part in the defence of Jerusalem against the Crusaders

1211: Several Rabbis from France and England settle in Jerusalem

1267: Maimonides arrives in Jerusalem and establishes a synagogue . During the next 500 years, Jerusalem is reinstated as a centre of Jewish learning.

In 1500, there were an estimated 10,000 Jews living in the Safed region

1563: Establishment of a Hebrew printing press in Jerusalem, the first printing press on the Asian Continent

By 1880 the Jews formed the majority of the population Jerusalem

During the 17th and 18th centuries, many Jerusalem Jews, scholars and rabbis, travelled from Jerusalem to teach in Jewish communities elsewhere, and also to seek alms and charity for the poorer members of their own community. there was also a regular movement of families, in both directions, between Jerusalem and several towns of the eastern Mediterranean region

Jewish villages in Israel 1855--1914...

Deganya
Jerusalem
Safed
Tiberias
Kinneret
Merhavya
Zikhron Yacov
Ekron
Mikveh Israel
Rishon le-Zion
Ben Shemen
Rehovot
Hulda
Kastinia
Artuf
Hebron
Ruhama
Beer-Toviya
Hartuv
Gedera
Kfar Uriya
Motza
Nes Ziona
Beer Yaakov
Nahalat Yehuda
Mahane Yehuda
Ein Ganim
Petah Tikvah
Kfar Sava
Kfar Mahal
Hadera
Gan Shmuel
Nahliel
Karkur
Givat Ada
Bat Shelomo
Tantura
Shefeiya
Yavneel
Beit Gan
Kfar Tova
Poriya
Sejera
Menahemya
Beitanya
Mizpa
Kfar Hittim
Bnei Yehuda
Mishmar Hayarden
Ayelet Hashashar
Ein Zeitim
Metulla
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GilbertsThe-Routledge-History-Historical-Hardcover/dp/B0041CNUIC/ref=sr_1_24?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333126978&sr=1-24]Amazon.com: Martin Gilbert'sThe Routledge Atlas of Jewish History (Routledge Historical Atlases) [Hardcover](2010): M., (Author) Gilbert: Books[/ame]

JStone -

As mentioned earlier, all spamming will be ignored - but may also be reported to the Moderators.

By my count you have now posted around 50 times on this thread without ever once responding to the topic on the thread. Your only purposes have been to close down debate and force posters off the thread - you may ask yourself whether Moderators welcome that kind of thing.

I watched a documentary on Palestine about ten years ago. It was the most disturbing thing I have seen. I couldn't sleep that night. Until that time I never knew about the conflict. Since then I have read everything I could find.

Cool. Any particular books you've been impressed by?

It might be good to come up with a bit of a reading list out of this thread as well.

"Panther in the Basement" By Amos Oz is very recommended.

As for documentaries, I watched some, but my al time favourite is of course "Precious life". Once you start seeing it, you can't take your eyes off of the screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxUkVv30ZI]Precious Life - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting, this is one of the doctors in that documentary. What a coincidence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUh6xVlndhM&feature=related]Israeli TV airs telephone call to father after children killed -English - YouTube[/ame]

:bow3:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIDZ7Jpdqg]Hamas - "We desire death like you desire life" - YouTube[/ame]
Alexis de Toqueville...
:Boom2: I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.

Forum List

Back