🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is your background/interest in the Middle East?

Tinmore -

Interesting stuff. The 'Precious Life' video looks well worth seeing, just based on that trailer.

The relationship between Israelis and Palestinians is so complex, because so many do co-operate and work together at times - and then fight each other with astonishing cruelty at other times. It really is perverse. Using the story of a sick child to highlight that kindness/cruelty is very clever.

Tinmore -

Interesting stuff. The 'Precious Life' video looks well worth seeing, just based on that trailer.

The relationship between Israelis and Palestinians is so complex, because so many do co-operate and work together at times - and then fight each other with astonishing cruelty at other times. It really is perverse. Using the story of a sick child to highlight that kindness/cruelty is very clever.

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen :badgrin: :clap2:
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tinmore -

There are a lot of good people on both sides of the isle. If you look at the daily lives of both people you will not find a dimes worth of difference between the two.

Tinmore -

There are a lot of good people on both sides of the isle. If you look at the daily lives of both people you will not find a dimes worth of difference between the two.
My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but allah, we will chase you everywhere We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no better blood than the blood of the Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood, we will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleFpY402vM]Palestinian - Terrorism - YouTube[/ame]

That really is true.

And I think that is the only perspective from which one can really understand this entire conflict.

Even Beirut and Tel Aviv are very similar cities with a very similar vibe. They could be in the same country.

That really is true.

And I think that is the only perspective from which one can really understand this entire conflict.

Even Beirut and Tel Aviv are very similar cities with a very similar vibe. They could be in the same country.
:poop:

Ironically, it turns out the OP and 95 percent of the posters have zero backround in the Middle East, after all. No surprise, there. :badgrin:

Actually, you, Roudby and Hossdly seem to be the only one with no connection at all to the Middle East.

We have at least three posters here who have lived in the region, a few others who have visited, and some with family connections and things like that.

I don't think it would be a surprise to anyone that the people who have personal experience of the region are also the ones who seem to have the most interesting views of the region.
Ha ha ha! You just showed exactly how ignorant you are. It's exactly the opposite.

Roudy -

Right...it's precisely because you have never been to the Middle East, do not speak any of the main languages, have never studied the topic at university, and have not read any of the major histories of the region and have no strong personal links with the region that your points are so worth reading.

Ironically, it turns out the OP and 95 percent of the posters have zero backround in the Middle East, after all. No surprise, there. :badgrin:

Actually, you, Roudby and Hossdly seem to be the only one with no connection at all to the Middle East.

We have at least three posters here who have lived in the region, a few others who have visited, and some with family connections and things like that.

I don't think it would be a surprise to anyone that the people who have personal experience of the region are also the ones who seem to have the most interesting views of the region.
Ha ha ha! You just showed exactly how ignorant you are. It's exactly the opposite.

Welcome to the Saigon The Poseur Club. Poor uneducated bastard.

Roudy -

Right...it's precisely because you have never been to the Middle East, do not speak any of the main languages, have never studied the topic at university, and have not read any of the major histories of the region and have no strong personal links with the region that your points are so worth reading.

Your knowledge of Middle East history is less than zero, as I have demonstrated, repeatedly.

You're allowed to be uneducated but must you make it soooo blatantly obvious?

Cool. Any particular books you've been impressed by?

It might be good to come up with a bit of a reading list out of this thread as well.

"Panther in the Basement" By Amos Oz is very recommended.

As for documentaries, I watched some, but my al time favourite is of course "Precious life". Once you start seeing it, you can't take your eyes off of the screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxUkVv30ZI]Precious Life - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting, this is one of the doctors in that documentary. What a coincidence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUh6xVlndhM&feature=related]Israeli TV airs telephone call to father after children killed -English - YouTube[/ame]

At one time death, on the other, life.

those things happen during war.

Herr Doktor Professor Saigon, PhD:

On July 19, 1958 I flew from Furstenfeldbruck, Germany to Beirut and spent 3 months in that beautiful ME city. My memory is dim about the time spent there so I implore you to tell us what was the occasion and the outcome. I think we were on an extended vacation but I seem to dimly remember some turmoil. Could you bring us up to speed? Thank you for your indulgence.

Hossfly -

I absloutely love Beirut. It's a stunning city. There are not many cities where you can swim in what look like clean waters (at least on an outgoing tide) within site of so much beauty.

I really aren't interest in games, Hoss. If you want to believe you have a bigger cock - find a smaller ruler.

That really is true.

One would get that vibe while mingling with a mob of rock throwing protesters or while sipping java in an internet cafe, playing footsies with a couple of 'Freedom Fighters." Wouldn't one?

Hossfly -

I absloutely love Beirut. It's a stunning city. There are not many cities where you can swim in what look like clean waters (at least on an outgoing tide) within site of so much beauty.

I really aren't interest in games, Hoss. If you want to believe you have a bigger cock - find a smaller ruler.
Well, little mouse, I thought when you introduced this thread it would serve a purpose but soon discovered you are merely a whats-her-name wannabe. Keep an eye peeled for 'dozers. Stoner and Roudy had you pegged.I was giving you benefit of the doubt.

Hossfly -

I think those posters who get very obsessed with 'winning' and 'losing' threads are also fairly quick to realise when they are beaten.

JStone tried to debate politics with me for about 3 seconds before descending into witless abuse and semi-literate spam. He passed self-satire two days ago, and was last seen heading south.

Anytime you see posters who have never been to a country telling people who have lived and worked there what it is like....you are dealing with either children or trolls.

I've never actually seen Roudy or you post anything substantial, so have just both of you on ignore. If you want to discuss a topic sensibly, PM me, and I'll take you off.

My guess is that abuse and envious remarks is all I'm likely to miss.

Last edited:
"Panther in the Basement" By Amos Oz is very recommended.

As for documentaries, I watched some, but my al time favourite is of course "Precious life". Once you start seeing it, you can't take your eyes off of the screen.

Precious Life - Official Trailer - YouTube

Interesting, this is one of the doctors in that documentary. What a coincidence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUh6xVlndhM&feature=related]Israeli TV airs telephone call to father after children killed -English - YouTube[/ame]

At one time death, on the other, life.

those things happen during war.

Indeed. It is Israel's war and Israel is the only one who can stop it. I really admire the doctor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uslS-In4hPQ&feature=related]Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish on Peace in the Face of Tragedy - YouTube[/ame]

Roudy -

You are a dipshit of incredible proportions. Not only are you totally wrong about me, but I don't believe you've ever been to the middle east and if so it probably was such a long time ago it doesn't even count. You are either very ignorant or a bad liar.

Beirut is a city that has lost its soul. In the last 2 to 3 decades, Lebanon is now in the brink of becoming yet another Islamic cesspool. Not to Long ago, the population of Christians in Lebanon was the same if not more than Muslims. As usual Muslims could not coexist and instigated a civil war, supported and funded by the neighboring Arab countries, the Christians never had a chance to defeat the Islamization of their country. Massive invasion by Muslims and forced takeover and even assassination of their president by Hezbollah, has turned what was once a beautiful country into a shothole controlled by thug Islamists. Their state newscast is now being broadcast by women in Islamic garb. Although there are remnants of Western music and entertainment. It is all but lost, the cancer of Islam has metastiized there as well.

Now shoo. You are obviously biased and definitely unqualified to talk about this subject, especially with me. You are just another ignorant bullshitter.

Indeed. It is Israel's war and Israel is the only one who can stop it. I really admire the doctor.

I don't agree with that.

To me it is fairly much a 50/50 fight, and if either side could truly stop, and for a decent length of time, the debate would change.

I agree that as Israel has the better political structure and is the more organized society, it would be better for them to take the lead.

But if Israel alone stops fighting, peace could never last.

I don't agree with that.

To me it is fairly much a 50/50 fight, and if either side could truly stop, and for a decent length of time, the debate would change.

I agree that as Israel has the better political structure and is the more organized society, it would be better for them to take the lead.

But if Israel alone stops fighting, peace could never last.

Well if you start history anyplace you want you can frame the debate to your preference. I like to start at the beginning and it is clear that Israel started the war. Everything else is just the consequence of that original sin so to speak.

Forum List

Back