What is your EDC knife...

iGw0zDr.jpg

What sort of edge will they take?
230 grain hardball edge :)

I'm in the Peoples Republic of California. I can OWN switchblades, but it's illegal to carry them in public. Though how the assisted open actually differs from a switchblade I can't say.

Fine line, many states classify them same as switchers. It's one handed and spring or torque assisted. Spring assisted is their word.

iGw0zDr.jpg

Actually I am a knife maker and carry many different knives upon whim. Can range fro a simple Opaki to a fixed.

Last couple years I been favoring this leverlock switchblade I built. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

Here are a few I customized, galleries at the bottom, click on thumbs to enlarge. www.hermitriver.com

I don't make them for sale anymore so this is not a sales pitch!
Sweet. Did you make the folders or customize manufactured models?

I make my own carbon steel fixed blades, but still buy my folders.

What do you carry...

What do you primarily use it for...

Would you upgrade to something else...
71Ymc%2BZOQaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Damn near perfect knife.
When my kids were little tots, I always carried a Leatherman S4 Squirt. It's amazing how many times a day you need scissors or a tiny screwdriver when you have three tots.

They don't make the S4 any more. I liked that tool so much I visited the Leatherman HQ to get more, and have bought a bunch of them off E-bay.

leatherman-squirt-s4.jpg
Speaking of recommendations...ordered a Squirt ES4 (electricians model) and a Kershaw Leek 1660OLBW (olive drab scales with blackwashed blade) yesterday.

If you want them...better get them quick...they're both retired (just the color combo of the Leek...not the design).

Screenshot_2020-05-10-11-16-07(1).png

Screenshot_2020-05-10-11-13-42(1).png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQ25HPC/?tag=ff0d01-20

iGw0zDr.jpg

Actually I am a knife maker and carry many different knives upon whim. Can range fro a simple Opaki to a fixed.

Last couple years I been favoring this leverlock switchblade I built. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

Here are a few I customized, galleries at the bottom, click on thumbs to enlarge. www.hermitriver.com

I don't make them for sale anymore so this is not a sales pitch!
Sweet. Did you make the folders or customize manufactured models?

I make my own carbon steel fixed blades, but still buy my folders.

I did both. If someone wanted filework, new scales on an existing knife I did it. I also forged and stock removal. Carbon steel rules!!!! I liked 01 for the blades mostly. I have scratch made friction folders. www.hermitriver.com gallery at the bottom, all click to enlarge. The fixed are all scratch. The switcheroos were customized. Nordics my favorite.

What do you carry...

Damn near perfect knife.
When my kids were little tots, I always carried a Leatherman S4 Squirt. It's amazing how many times a day you need scissors or a tiny screwdriver when you have three tots.

They don't make the S4 any more. I liked that tool so much I visited the Leatherman HQ to get more, and have bought a bunch of them off E-bay.

leatherman-squirt-s4.jpg
Speaking of recommendations...ordered a Squirt ES4 (electricians model) and a Kershaw Leek 1660OLBW (olive drab scales with blackwashed blade) yesterday.

If you want them...better get them quick...they're both retired (just the color combo of the Leek...not the design).

View attachment 334330

View attachment 334331

Kershaw - 1660OLBW Leek Pocket Knife, Olive Handle with Black, DLC Blade - - Amazon.com
Leeks are cool. If you got a business lic, send to Blueridge Knives. Get a big catalog and sales flyers. Got $100 min orders but that's easy. Most everything is %50 retail. I could buy a single Case for less than dealers around here could get one for his display case. Then the closeouts? Wow Wholesale Knife Distributor - Pocket Knives & Swords | Blue Ridge Knives

Cool. Had many Gaurdfathers, Godfathers what ever they were called. Love OTFs. When I made knives 90% people wanted autos. Can't post pics my phone fuked

Buddy "Bill de Shivs" designed this knife. half leverlock, half stiletto. I made maybe 30 of these. Got one I carry in orange stabilized camel bone, fileworked to death. Still got enough parts to make maybe 10 more.

What do you carry...

Damn near perfect knife.

leatherman-squirt-s4.jpg

View attachment 334330

View attachment 334331

Kershaw - 1660OLBW Leek Pocket Knife, Olive Handle with Black, DLC Blade - - Amazon.com
Leeks are cool. If you got a business lic, send to Blueridge Knives. Get a big catalog and sales flyers. Got $100 min orders but that's easy. Most everything is %50 retail. I could buy a single Case for less than dealers around here could get one for his display case. Then the closeouts? Wow Wholesale Knife Distributor - Pocket Knives & Swords | Blue Ridge Knives
Cool deal. But I only make for myself. Next knife project is going to be a Condor Lost Roman Clone and a CRKT Dragon..and some more mosaic pins.

Screenshot_2020-05-11-19-28-22(1).png

Screenshot_2020-05-11-19-22-51(1).png

What do you carry...

Damn near perfect knife.

leatherman-squirt-s4.jpg

View attachment 334330

View attachment 334331

Cool deal. But I only make for myself. Next knife project is going to be a Condor Lost Roman Clone and a CRKT Dragon..and some more mosaic pins.

View attachment 334929

View attachment 334930

I made a very comfy living making knives but I understand just for yourself part.

Those are good looking nives!!!!

Forum List

Back