What is your favorites drink and food ?

Drink food combination?

Big Bowl of Homemade Chili and a tall glass of milk.

Separately?

Drinks
Alcoholic - Crown and Coke
Non Alcoholic - Sweet Tea

Fav Food?

Chili

Sure were a lot of goods eats mentioned on this thread. Now I just have to figure out how to show up for dinner at each of your houses on the right night.

I only feed my cat.

The cat loves his steak raw and tuna from a can.

I pan sear my steaks with salt and pepper and make tuna mayo sandwiches.

I normally keep a steak in the fridge to cut slices off for him, and several cans of tuna, as well as regular cat food for him too.

If its a steak, its a barbequed Chateaubriand with garlic. not over done. with a salad and homemade blue cheese dressing.

but mostly some kind of fish, favorite drink in moderation is a good quality dark Rum
Good choice i like fish salmon and frog legs i adore that meal with some garlic and butter and i am not to much butter but for the Frog legs it is the best meal with a glass of red wine delicious :)

Have not tried frog legs yet, maybe one day.
You should try it , it taste a lot like chicken

some will say it is not very important but yes it is i love those American pizza they don't sell it anymore because of Europe laws
What law is that? American foods, pizza?
I mean that Europe prefers European products It is a law and that several Americans products that I liked to buy are no longer for sale they have been replaced by others European products example: American mustard, MCcain pizzas, American cheese , It does not have an American product with the exception of Harry's bread and coca cola.

some will say it is not very important but yes it is i love those American pizza they don't sell it anymore because of Europe laws
I mean that Europe prefers European products It is a law and that several Americans products that I liked to buy are no longer for sale they have been replaced by others European products example: American mustard, MCcain pizzas, American cheese , It does not have an American product with the exception of Harry's bread and coca cola.
Well by God this means war. No more French fries for me!

If its a steak, its a barbequed Chateaubriand with garlic. not over done. with a salad and homemade blue cheese dressing.

but mostly some kind of fish, favorite drink in moderation is a good quality dark Rum
Good choice i like fish salmon and frog legs i adore that meal with some garlic and butter and i am not to much butter but for the Frog legs it is the best meal with a glass of red wine delicious :)

Ah, but the effervescent Gewürztraminer goes very well with escargot.
Good wine, but i don't like escargot
Bonsoir, my favorite drink is a cold glass of water and for food i like chicken salad.

But it depend the season as well...a nice BBQ in summer time is great ! :)

The-Simpsons-BBQ-09.jpg
Water is for bathing and baptism. I never drink it.

For hiking and backpacking I drink Gatorade.

For dinners I drink wines or mixed drinks.

My favorite dinner is a seafood platter with lobster, crab, scallops, prawns, and oysters. With this goes white wine best. My favorite white wine is pinot grigio.

My second favorite dinner is roast prime rib with mashed potatoes and buttered mixed vegies. With this goes red wine best. My favorite red is Shiraz.

My favorite mixed drink mixer is simply 99% moonshine. Goes great with anything else.

For alcohol you must have rules:

1 - no alcohol before 4 pm or after midnight.

2 - no alcohol without food.

3 - no more than 2 drinks.

4 - no alcohol except communion wine on Sundays -- this is a detox day.
The water is delicious especially when hot.
Very good choice of diners.
For my part I do not always drink wine with my meals which is well done here in France.

Well by God this means war. No more French fries for me!
C'est l'Europe who want that not me i like American products :) maybe it will change with Trump ? more American product in Europe ?

I like cooking a lot but some recipe are more difficult to do View attachment 107883 and with all the gadget coming out i like to try it. like a deep fryer without oil i don't like it. i prefer the original deep fryer
My mom taught me how to cook, and therefore I have never needed a woman except for sex.

I have even become a better cook than most women I have dated.

My signature dinner for 2 is venison simmered in port wine with red potatoes and cherry tomatoes. With red wine of course. And cherry schnapps shooters.
Well most of man don't know how to cook :badgrin: for the rest i am sure you need a woman more than just for sex ? :biggrin:

Bonsoir, my favorite drink is a cold glass of water and for food i like chicken salad.

The-Simpsons-BBQ-09.jpg

My favorite dinner is a seafood platter with lobster, crab, scallops, prawns, and oysters. With this goes white wine best. My favorite white wine is pinot grigio.

My second favorite dinner is roast prime rib with mashed potatoes and buttered mixed vegies. With this goes red wine best. My favorite red is Shiraz.

My favorite mixed drink mixer is simply 99% moonshine. Goes great with anything else.

For my part I do not always drink wine with my meals which is well done here in France.

How can anyone not like escargot? Butter, garlic, parsley and a little crunch too.

I was on a cruise out of Galveston, at our table sat three Texans and one Louisianun. The 3 Texans and their wives ordered beef well done at most dinners. Being a smart ass I ordered Escargot as the appetizer, on the third or fourth dinner and the Texans got a kick out of it, laughing at what a California would order.

I simply said, a tennis shoe in butter and garlic would be good. Anyone willing to try one? One Texan accepted the challenge, and after making a funny face when he first put the morsel in his mouth, he liked it. The following night he ordered the dish and soaked up each bit of melted butter and garlic with his bread, and then, of course, ordered beef well done.

The-Simpsons-BBQ-09.jpg

How can anyone not like escargot? Butter, garlic, parsley and a little crunch too.

I was on a cruise out of Galveston, at our table sat three Texans and one Louisianun. The 3 Texans and their wives ordered beef well done at most dinners. Being a smart ass I ordered Escargot as the appetizer, on the third or fourth dinner and the Texans got a kick out of it, laughing at what a California would order.

I simply said, a tennis shoe in butter and garlic would be good. Anyone willing to try one? One Texan accepted the challenge, and after making a funny face when he first put the morsel in his mouth, he liked it. The following night he ordered the dish and soaked up each bit of melted butter and garlic with his bread, and then, of course, ordered beef well done.
It's a matter of taste ... for Christmas the French loves escargots, oysters I do not like either, let's say I'm not very seafood.
Some exceptions, scallops, shrimps. something that i find very good is some frog legs with garlic, parsley and butter Delicious!

It is not practical to ship most perishable food products that far. On the other hand you have closer access to Dutch Gouda, German cookies, French wine etc.

And yet --- the best gluten-free bread I can find in the store is imported from County Donegal, and it costs no more than local bakeries, even less. A complex system.

The-Simpsons-BBQ-09.jpg

It's a matter of taste ... for Christmas the French loves escargots, oysters I do not like either, let's say I'm not very seafood.
Some exceptions, scallops, shrimps. something that i find very good is some frog legs with garlic, parsley and butter Delicious!

Scallops are one of my favorite favorite things to eat. :)

It is not practical to ship most perishable food products that far. On the other hand you have closer access to Dutch Gouda, German cookies, French wine etc.

And yet --- the best gluten-free bread I can find in the store is imported from County Donegal, and it costs no more than local bakeries, even less. A complex system.
That's right you're right but it's not just fresh products that are boycotting everything that is Europeans to the benefit of American products

The-Simpsons-BBQ-09.jpg

Scallops are one of my favorite favorite things to eat. :)
It's true...i like les Coquilles Saint Jacques / St. Jacques shells :)

That's right you're right but it's not just fresh products that are boycotting everything that is Europeans to the benefit of American products

Dalia, have you ever had bread from Sicily? I have a friend who went there with a cooking group and she described to me how over there they grow the old strains of wheat harvested in the traditional ways.Then they mill the grain fresh and bake it in the same day that they mill it. Supposedly, this bread is supposed to make all others taste like cardboard or something.

I grew up on German bread. They know how to make bread. Almost impossible to get it on the west coast, lots of German deli/bakeries on the east coast through. Just yesterday I found a pretty close match at Trader Joe's yesterday though, Organic Rustic Country. It's hard to stop eating it.

Dalia, have you ever had bread from Sicily? I have a friend who went there with a cooking group and she described to me how over there they grow the old strains of wheat harvested in the traditional ways.Then they mill the grain fresh and bake it in the same day that they mill it. Supposedly, this bread is supposed to make all others taste like cardboard or something.
Bonjour, no i did not but it is true that there are for sale i don't have the name peoples eat that kind of bread in the morning.It does look like cardboard "A gum removal" :badgrin: i prefèr the little round milky bread. pour la France something that is like Shoe leather is "Jambon cru / raw Ham" :badgrin:

Sake and Okonomiyaki
Oh yeah, I adore Japanese cuisine too! :) But my favourite dishes in such case are different sushi and soups, these ones are amazing! :rolleyes:
I also adore different dishes from meat in general, pizza, cakes and ice-cream :D And in case of drinks... Well I like green and white tea very much, also hot chocolate :) And I'm a great coffee addict! :D I drink it almost every day, my favourite types are espresso, moccachino, latte and nespresso, that "special" drink made only with such machines like here on cozzy, they became very popular during last several years and I decided to try them too :D
And I like to drink lemonade sometimes, especially that harmful Cola :D

Forum List

Back