What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

I don't think "flagging" is reasonable or legal.
You can't take guns from someone without creating a 2 tiered society, or those with full rights and those with less than that.
If someone is dangerous and can be proven to be dangerous in court, than a judge should issue a warrant for his arrest, not for his legal guns. All that is going to do is ensure he will obtain illegal guns and do what they were concerned with.
Confiscating legal guns does not at all reduce the ability to get illegal ones any more than the War on Drugs eliminated illegal drugs.
The only hope of society is to lock up bad people, not all the possible means by which they could do bad, because that obviously is impossible.
I don't mean flagging literally. I mean once it has been determined or discovered that a firearm owner has become a prohibited person. For example in the case that I cited, the workplace shooter WAS a prohibited person who apparently was not honest on one of the forms that he was required to fill out. However once the discrepency was discovered via a federal background check to my understanding, instead of confiscating his weapon or issuing a warrant for failure to comply with a surrender order, they instead relied on him to voluntarily surrender his weapons.

In my state, if person who owns firearms has a protection order taken out against them (also known as a no contact/restraining order in some jurisdiction), they're required to turn in their weapons but in many cases no one follows up to see if they actually do.

Here's a flowchart of the domestic violence circumstances under which a person can be required to surrender their firearms but apparently except in very few cases, no one is enforcing the requirement

Ok, but my point is that it likely is not rational or legal to make second class citizens out of people who are not incarcerated or wards of the state.
It is not going to stop them from committing crimes, by making legal weapons access illegal. If they intend crimes more serious then the weapons violations, you can be they will then just get the arms illegally.
If a person is dangerous, then prove it in court and lock them up or put them under supervision.
Nothing else makes any sense and is just bound to increase the problem greatly.

I carry because the laws of my country and state say I have the right to.

do you do everything that your country and state say you have the right to do?

Sure, why not? People died for my Second Amendment right so out of respect, I will take full advantage of that right. Plus I've been a member of the "gun culture" all my life.

So it's a fashion statement. Good for you.

That too. Sometimes I carry open in the Summer. The looks on the liberal gun scaredy cats faces is priceless, and they tend to walk around me in wide circles.

:21:
Do you swim with it too? Take a shower with it ? Lol fucking retarded hillbillies in this country hahaha

So very often I see conversations such as these:

Astonishing that you cant go for a walk without taking your gun.Its like living in a prison.
You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.
The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
What’s obvious is that the response fails as a strawman fallacy.

No one seeks to restrict citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.

The Second Amendment is not ‘unlimited’ – It is not a right to possess and carry any gun whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

Government has the authority to place regulations and restrictions on the sale and possession of firearms, regulations and restrictions which are perfectly Constitutional when they comport with Second Amendment case law.

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.
Where is the game? When is the game?
Oh - you don't know?
You then have no idea of this is true or not
Why do you talk out of your ass?

How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
Again, no one is seeking to prohibit people from carrying firearms.

The mistake you make is to incorrectly infer that because there are those who lament our violent society, who lament gun crime and violence, and who lament the necessity of some to carry firearms the consequence of that crime and violence wish to deny citizens their right to indeed carry a firearm.

They do not.

do you do everything that your country and state say you have the right to do?
------------------------- Probably not but carry of gun is a RIGHT or Legal ability in most places so might as well carry if a guy likes GGator .

i agree, if someone like to carry, then they should do so and it should be the right to do so in every state. I have no problems with private entities not allowing weapons in their places of business though.
----------------------------------- advertise that these business are anti gun and its cool with me GGator

Yes it is. I think every private business should be able to make that choice. I get that you think they should all bow down and kiss your gun, but I leave that sort of dumb shit up to people like you that equate their gun with their manhood.
Of course, concealed carry renders the issue moot.

----------------------------------- advertise that these business are anti gun and its cool with me GGator

Yes it is. I think every private business should be able to make that choice. I get that you think they should all bow down and kiss your gun, but I leave that sort of dumb shit up to people like you that equate their gun with their manhood.

I go to businesses with signs like this.
View attachment 248912

Who has signs like that !?

I've seen that same sign posted on gun shop windows.

After open carry was passed in Texas, signs like this went up everywhere....fucking EVERYWHERE.
So if guns are such a good thing, why were they banned...everywhere?????

open-handguns-prohibited-texas-sign-k2-0012.png
Hence the benefit and preference of concealed carry.

A "Gun Free" zone like Chicago?

Have you ever been to Chicago ?

Yeah, have you?

Yeah. Great city . Lots of fun.

Sure it has bad neighborhoods and a bad gang problem . If you are out there then I’d understand the gun thing . But to carry everywhere ?

Great city and lots of fun, but you can "understand" carrying a weapon there?

:laughing0301:

Open carry is just a fashion statement. A very dangerous fashion statement. If a bad guy is going to shoot people, YOU are going to be the first one taken down. You are assuming the shooter has zero training and experience. That is a very fatal flaw in logic. CCW is what I support. Make the bad guy wonder who is and who is not armed. No prior warning, no fashion statement and no stupid hiproll intimidation.
Correct.

Concealed carry also affords a citizen the ability to seek out safety in the event of a shooting incident absent the expectation by others that he ‘do something’

Citizens have the right to carry firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement’ or to otherwise ‘fight crime.’

‘Good guy with a gun’ is a myth – a dangerous myth.

If judges put away savage criminals away and stopped "refugee" programs, stopped illegal aliens from invading, and generally protected society there would be less need for law abiding citizens to carry. If a turd world savage comes at me with a knife (and they are very aggressive toward Westerners in this age of "leftist" policy and usually are armed with knives), they are getting vented with some .38 +P bullets. :p

Last edited:
So very often I see conversations such as these:

Astonishing that you cant go for a walk without taking your gun.Its like living in a prison.
You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.
The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
What’s obvious is that the response fails as a strawman fallacy.

No one seeks to restrict citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.

The Second Amendment is not ‘unlimited’ – It is not a right to possess and carry any gun whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

Government has the authority to place regulations and restrictions on the sale and possession of firearms, regulations and restrictions which are perfectly Constitutional when they comport with Second Amendment case law.

Actually, the ONLY source of authority is from the defense of individual rights.
So government borrows authority when it is necessary in order to defend the rights of individuals.
But clearly since police are armed, then there must be good cause to be armed, and then everyone has that need and right because the cause exists. And no one can claim that police have a greater need, because criminals attack civilians, they do not attack police. It is civilians who need to defend themselves, not police.

If you want to restrict sale and possession of firearms, you have to prove it is necessary in order to defend individual rights, and you have to apply those restrictions equally to police as well. The 14th amendment requires that.

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.
Where is the game? When is the game?
Oh - you don't know?
You then have no idea of this is true or not
Why do you talk out of your ass?

Again, no one is seeking to prohibit people from carrying firearms.

The mistake you make is to incorrectly infer that because there are those who lament our violent society, who lament gun crime and violence, and who lament the necessity of some to carry firearms the consequence of that crime and violence wish to deny citizens their right to indeed carry a firearm.

They do not.

Yes they do.
Gun control advocates are clear they want to totally outlaw the most common and popular firearms, like ARs, pistols, etc., and they would like to totally ban them from civilian ownership if they could.
The proof of that is that DC, Chicago, and many cities have made firearm ownership illegal in the past, not just concealed or open carry.
It is only expensive litigation that struck down these draconian anti gun fanatics.

Have you ever been to Chicago ?

Yeah, have you?

Yeah. Great city . Lots of fun.

Sure it has bad neighborhoods and a bad gang problem . If you are out there then I’d understand the gun thing . But to carry everywhere ?

Great city and lots of fun, but you can "understand" carrying a weapon there?

:laughing0301:

Open carry is just a fashion statement. A very dangerous fashion statement. If a bad guy is going to shoot people, YOU are going to be the first one taken down. You are assuming the shooter has zero training and experience. That is a very fatal flaw in logic. CCW is what I support. Make the bad guy wonder who is and who is not armed. No prior warning, no fashion statement and no stupid hiproll intimidation.
Correct.

Concealed carry also affords a citizen the ability to seek out safety in the event of a shooting incident absent the expectation by others that he ‘do something’

Citizens have the right to carry firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement’ or to otherwise ‘fight crime.’

‘Good guy with a gun’ is a myth – a dangerous myth.

Wrong.
Due to the number of times police come under risk, their bad training to fire first and keep firing, and their insulation from the legal consequence of their actions, police ARE the bad guys and do kill innocent people at a horrendous rate.
In contract, the "Good by with a gun" is about 10 times less dangerous and much better at preventing crime without shooting anyone.
Statistically it is mercenary police who should be disarmed, just like the British do, and not average people.
We have hundreds of years of crime fighting by average citizens that has a much better record then the last 100 years of professional police, who do not do well at all in comparison.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You…
Look at you, avoidng the very issue you brought up.
No one said anything about anyone being ‘nuts’ – that’s your word, and consequently the fallacy.

But clearly crime in increasing, government are increasingly corrupt, etc., so then the whole world would be a better place if more responsible citizens were armed.
Clearly a paid, mercenary police force does not improve the situation, but just make it even worse.

I agree 100 percent what the moron who asked this question cant see to comprehend is gu knife and club toting thugs go to where the meat is.
Their ow neighborhood is shit so they go looking for the good meat

[...]
You're right. Other people's dead school kids are a small price to pay to assuage your paranoia.

Such. A. Bad. Ass.

And your point is?

What's your end-game? Maybe you're hoping that I'll have some kind of a "Kumbaya" moment, sell off all my firearms, and join you floppers in your imaginary land of unicorns and fairies for a big liberal circle jerk?

Dude, you're more ignorant than you sound. Ain't gonna happen.

You. Are. Afraid. Of. Your. Own. Shadow. And. You. Live. In. A. Fantasy. Land. Where. You. Think. You. Will. Save. People. With. Your. Gun.

You can't change the fact that I carry a weapon, so why even bother?

The hard truth is this: You can't really change anything.

I don’t want to change the fact that you carry a weapon. I just want you to be honest about how much of a pussy you are.

I guess we must all be pussies, seeing as how we have a constitution that allows us to be armed. Maybe you'd feel better living in some country that doesn't allow their citizens the right to own a weapon.

Feel free to move there any time, fucktard.

Nope. I’m fine here. Coward.

It’s none of your business who is armed and who is not at such events

Yes it is our business. I don’t want people with guns around my children or grandchildren.

I guess you should keep your children and grandchildren at home.

Years ago I was in line at our grocery store, and I forget how the subject came up with a few other customers. But we were discussing armed citizens. An elderly lady said something similar to what you did. I asked her how would she know who is carrying? She said she could tell just by the looks of them. I asked if I looked like one of those people? She replied "Of course not, you seem like too nice of a man to carry a gun!" I was wearing my shoulder holster and pulled my jacket back to show her I did indeed have a gun, and I just smiled.

I suggest you look up what that action gets you under most States CCW laws.

It was a friendly conversation and we all were smiling. No law against opening up your jacket.

How do you not know that we all know that you are lying?

Yes it is our business. I don’t want people with guns around my children or grandchildren.

I guess you should keep your children and grandchildren at home.

Years ago I was in line at our grocery store, and I forget how the subject came up with a few other customers. But we were discussing armed citizens. An elderly lady said something similar to what you did. I asked her how would she know who is carrying? She said she could tell just by the looks of them. I asked if I looked like one of those people? She replied "Of course not, you seem like too nice of a man to carry a gun!" I was wearing my shoulder holster and pulled my jacket back to show her I did indeed have a gun, and I just smiled.

I suggest you look up what that action gets you under most States CCW laws.

It was a friendly conversation and we all were smiling. No law against opening up your jacket.

Just a friendly bit of advice, pard.

Even though we are an open-carry state, if your gun does get exposed, it's legal as long as it was concealed. A friend of mine (who went to the same store) squatted down to get an item off the lower shelf. He's a pretty tall guy, and his shirt lifted up and exposed his gun. He said a lady was there and her eyes lit up. No law against it as long as it was concealed.

Nutbags have friends who’ve experienced every possible scenario. It’s amazing!

I guess I just don't understand why the left has to assign some 'phobia' to people who exercise their Constitutional right.

Do they assign some kind of phobia to those who vote? Voting has actually managed to get more people killed than any amount of gun violence.

*chuckling* That should get a rise.

It's simply the mentally of both sides.

Outside of abortion, when Republicans don't care for something, they simply don't get involved with it. When a liberal doesn't like something, nobody should like it either.

A liberal doesn't go green to help the environment for their own peace of mind, they want to force everybody to go green. If a liberal sees a father and his three kids are eating Happy Meals at McDonald's, the liberal doesn't just choose not to eat there, they petition their representatives to force McDonald's to stop serving Happy Meals. If kids are eating desirable food in school, a person like Mother Obama wants to stop those kids from eating that kind of food even though those kids are not her own.

It's just the way the liberal mind works is all.

Seems you forgot about Repubs and gay people being married.

Forum List

Back