What made United States great ?

What made United States great ?
A glorious absence of goose-stepping Bolshevics.
ya, kinda strange how they even show up on here! We have russian trolls right here om our site and at least they have the audacity to say they are actually from Russia. There are likely more that are not admitting where they are from. Of course they threaten me about five times a day but interesting times we live in

Its about time we put in a rule that states if you have business or financial interests in other nations voters get to see exactly where and how much before being nominated. Wonder how many would then not run. You can't do both and be in it only for one.

Putting God first, and including him in spirit into the Constitution. We couldn't have written a Constitution such as we have without him being added into the mix.

The reason we are claiming that we need to MAGA now, is because over the years there has been a negative force that has been attempting to remove God from everywhere in this nation.

It has been a relentless game of attrition that has been conducted by this negative force against us, yet it has been pushed back, and it is losing ground lately.

Hopefully the trend continues in the right direction which is to keep God in our midst always, and to continue to pray that he accepts our invitation to dwell amongst us always.
Our founders intentionally kept God out
You poor, poor ignorant person. The mention of God or his character doesn't have to always come in the form of literally calling out ones name or seeing a physical presence as in a photo if actually had one, but it can come in the form of ones intent or message placed within the content of a statement.

A physical presence as in body in sight of or direct wording as to mention by name is not needed, but only that the spirit in which guides our very actions afterwards, is all that is needed.

Hey it's like an instructional, where as once read and then applied you have the results. Anything good is the result of God, while anything bad is the result of the evil one. Take your choice.
Our founders saw the danger in an official religion
They feared another type of Government in regards to religion as they studied the past governments of the world.

Theocracy.jpg
Given the Christian leanings of the population, our founders could have easily set up a nation built around the trappings of religion
Most of Europe was like that

Freedom of religion was not the establishment of religion in our government but an assurance you can have any religion you want (or no religion) WITHOUT government influence or interference
Your choice CORRECT, but what we are seeing today is that your choice is attempting to rule over other freedom's of choice, therefore making you all pure hipocrites. By not allowing the freedom of expression within the decency of such choices and expressions made, then you are denying others the very things in which you are advocating for yourselves.

Last edited:
What made us great

Abundant national resources
Check between the power of capitalism and the rights of the people
Immigration
All men are created equal
Only surviving economy afterWWII
..I have to disagree somewhat --Britain did not have much resources and definitely not much room--but they were a superpower/powerhouse that ruled ''the world''....they went out and took/produced/wanted resources
..Japan also
I never said exclusively...I was talking about us

Our access to fuel, minerals, energy, food, pelts, agriculture drove our economy
Immigration provided a steady stream of cheap labor

your implication is that the "cheap labor" was exploited by those who ran the industries. That is simply wrong, many immigrants (legal) started as cheap labor and rose to be owners and entrepreneurs on their own. That could only occur in this country, and it still can although it is harder now than then due to an oppressive federal government.
I didn’t get into whether they were exploited or not. The US provided better working conditions and opportunities than their home countries

But they did provide a cheap source of labor for our emerging industries. They built our railroads

Our main failure was that we didn't heed the warnings of our Founding Fathers.................

They warned us over and over again about the dangers of giving the Central Government too much power......It is exactly why they limited the scope of Gov't to Enumerated Powers................

They did this after studying the rise and fall of other powers in deciding to make this country a Republic............

Since we gave these excessive powers............our Gov't has become ENORMOUS in size and scope.............and these leaders have used it for self gain.............and they have used it to abuse the powers prescribed under the Constitution........To take from one to give to another in claiming it is for the General Welfare................

Instead of LOCAL gov'ts deciding what is best for themselves at a local level...........

And here lies the demise of our Republic................and History of those before us making the same mistakes.
That all started during and after the Civil War....When states rights fought a war and the war won...
Power centered in the states made sense when we were a nation distributed over a large area with poor transportation and limited co munication

We saw the dangers of too much power in the states during the civil war. We moved from being a bunch of states that were united to THE UNITED STATES
LOL

We went to War because the States felt that the power of the Central Gov't had become too large............The States felt the Gov't had overstepped it's boundaries with Lincoln ordering through temporary power of all 3 branches of Gov't..............Most of the people who fought in the Civil War didn't own slaves............

You are now trying to twist the meaning of the Founding Fathers to JUSTIFY a LARGE CENTRAL GOV'T............

Which is simply WRONG.
We went to war because the states wanted a government that assured their right to keep others in bondage
Another example of where too much power in the states is bad
In bondage because of the corporate interest of the day ?? Think about that one for a second or two.

What made us great

Immigration
..I have to disagree somewhat --Britain did not have much resources and definitely not much room--but they were a superpower/powerhouse that ruled ''the world''....they went out and took/produced/wanted resources
..Japan also

Our access to fuel, minerals, energy, food, pelts, agriculture drove our economy

your implication is that the "cheap labor" was exploited by those who ran the industries. That is simply wrong, many immigrants (legal) started as cheap labor and rose to be owners and entrepreneurs on their own. That could only occur in this country, and it still can although it is harder now than then due to an oppressive federal government.
I didn’t get into whether they were exploited or not. The US provided better working conditions and opportunities than their home countries

But they did provide a cheap source of labor for our emerging industries. They built our railroads
In that time.........yes.........

But in these times NO................

We have many Americans who need jobs and they should take priority over immigrant labor forces...........

If we were BOOMING like China is..........then there wouldn't be such a fuss.............but that is simply not the case.

What made us great

Immigration
..Japan also

Built our railroads under what conditions ? You know that there are people here who claim that the slaves had it better here than if they had remained in Africa right ?? Yes people can and have been exploited in America, and we as a nation have been atoning for our sins ever since, but as long as we are learning instead of going backwards, then that is a good thing.

What made us great

Immigration
..Japan also

We have many Americans who need jobs and they should take priority over immigrant labor forces...........

If we were BOOMING like China is..........then there wouldn't be such a fuss.............but that is simply not the case.
Don't need to be booming where all manor of reason is lost or we turn ourselves into a communist country. We should grow wisely, morally, and ethically first. If we are blessed because of these actions then so be it.

Its Constitution.
Putting God first, and including him in spirit into the Constitution. We couldn't have written a Constitution such as we have without him being added into the mix.

The reason we are claiming that we need to MAGA now, is because over the years there has been a negative force that has been attempting to remove God from everywhere in this nation.

It has been a relentless game of attrition that has been conducted by this negative force against us, yet it has been pushed back, and it is losing ground lately.

Hopefully the trend continues in the right direction which is to keep God in our midst always, and to continue to pray that he accepts our invitation to dwell amongst us always.
Our founders intentionally kept God out
You poor, poor ignorant person. The mention of God or his character doesn't have to always come in the form of literally calling out ones name or seeing a physical presence as in a photo, but it can come in the form of ones intent or message placed within the content of a statement. A physical presence as in body or direct wording to mention by name is not needed, but only that the spirit in which guides our very actions afterwards, and once read is all that is needed.

Hey it's like an instructional, where as once read and then applied you have the results. Anything good is the result of God, while anything bad is the result of the evil one. Take your choice.

Circular argument.

What if there's no such thing as "God" or the anthropomorphic dichotomy, and you just made them up?
There goes that theory.
. The action and results of the belief and faith gives you the answer, yet you choose to ignore the results because you refuse to acknowledge the results because of your rebelliousness in life.

You're too kind, but I'm simply noting you're running with a premise that you didn't take the time to prove before you ran with it.

You poor, poor ignorant person. The mention of God or his character doesn't have to always come in the form of literally calling out ones name or seeing a physical presence as in a photo if actually had one, but it can come in the form of ones intent or message placed within the content of a statement.

A physical presence as in body in sight of or direct wording as to mention by name is not needed, but only that the spirit in which guides our very actions afterwards, is all that is needed.

Our founders saw the danger in an official religion
They feared another type of Government in regards to religion as they studied the past governments of the world.

Theocracy.jpg
Given the Christian leanings of the population, our founders could have easily set up a nation built around the trappings of religion
Most of Europe was like that

Freedom of religion was not the establishment of religion in our government but an assurance you can have any religion you want (or no religion) WITHOUT government influence or interference
The very settlers of the New World.........aka the United States came here to escape Religious Persecution of Europe.

It was quite on the minds of the Founding Fathers when they created the Republic............

They understood that while they were fundamentally Christian here..............they wanted to prevent Religious Persecution that got so many to leave Europe in the settling of this country.

It doesn't mean the Religion was dead with them...........many of the laws had God in it.............it simply meant that they were not allowing Fuedalism associated with Religion and mistakes of Europe............

To prevent persecution of those of different faiths.

Yes they were escaping a theocracy they did not wish to recreate, and yes they did not exclude the almighty doing so

Genius deism , but all to often mis understood

That we have freedom OF religion , yet not freedom FROM religion is the resultant paradox

~S~
You have freedom from religion or how else would this country have went down the deplorable paths it has since went down ??

Many people (including me) will think entrepreneurs made the U.S a developed country and that was caused by capitalism. Also systems such as: free market, freedom of opinion, competition.. etc. provided us those technologies and science. In the history, those people from aristocratic background have been always made the useful things for the humanity.

I don't know am I right ? What do you think ?

We also have an article about that topic, you can read it here:
What made America great? – Think and Say

Let me make some people piss their pants with some bold truth.
What made America great?”
No presence of “Brown” people
Likeminded citizens
The English language
The British
The Constitution
Faith and God
Morality
Pride
Ambition
Nationalism

Many people (including me) will think entrepreneurs made the U.S a developed country and that was caused by capitalism. Also systems such as: free market, freedom of opinion, competition.. etc. provided us those technologies and science. In the history, those people from aristocratic background have been always made the useful things for the humanity.

That willingness to compromise and put the good of the country before the good of the party.

We will likely never live in such a time again.

..Japan also

Don't need to be booming where all manor of reason is lost or we turn ourselves into a communist country. We should grow wisely, morally, and ethically first. If we are blessed because of these actions then so be it.
Again you will find similarities in the Founding Fathers............

No form of government can exist if run by unethical or immoral people..............

Goes hand in hand.

Let me make some people piss their pants with some bold truth.
What made America great?”
No presence of “Brown” people
Likeminded citizens
The English language
The British
The Constitution
Faith and God
Morality
Pride
Ambition
Nationalism

My little racist statist, there have been "brown" people here since before we were a country.

“In God We Trust” was adopted as the first official motto of the United States.
This should be placed all over America
We must abide by it or we would become hipocrites. We can only do the best that we can froggy, and if it continues to go bad, then God himself would not want his name to be taken in vien like that.

What made us great

Immigration
..Japan also

Conservatives made the same lame argument 100 years ago

..Japan also

Conservatives made the same lame argument 100 years ago
So

Its Constitution.

Britain was the powerhouse/superpower in the 19th century --did they put god in ''their constitution''? or Japan? god has nothing to do with it
.Good grief... Another uneducated ignorant person. One doesn't have to place in words these beliefs or things, but only that their actions speak louder than their words. When we are to pray, it is a personal thing between us and God, wherefore boasting is not present nor is it needed. In cases where unity of such things are agreed upon by a majority (as found within our nation's history and past), then to show that unity we have had words that were written down, and actions that were taken in order to teach the uneducated in the ties that bind us together.

Those ties are being unwound by those who have an agenda to change this nation into a nation that accommodates all manor of foolishness now, but it isn't being done as so the nation doesn't know the agenda that is underway.

We shall see where it all goes, and it will go the way of our understanding, yet we are not to get caught up in it.
please compare the superpower of the 19th century Britain's constitution with god and America's [ I rate Britain possibly above America as being great because of their lack of resources/room/etc ]
..China is a superpower--do they have god and constitution?
Japan?
aren't there millionaire/billionaires/etc that shape the country that do not believe in god?
professors/teachers that don't believe in god?
wasn't Albert Einstein agnostic?? etc etc
So you are an atheist ?

Forum List

Back