What motivates you to vote Democrat?

I understand where people are coming from, but I think people need to realize the limits of what a government can do, and what happens when it tries to do too much. If you look at the numbers involved for free education, universal healthcare, ect, it becomes clear that it is simply not possible. Bye the way, this is still true if you completely gut the military. It is a fairy tale to think sky high taxes and a gutted military will make it possible for the government to give everybody what it promises. No amount of taxes will cover the costs of all these programs. I can't think of anything else to call it than a political lie. The more of these expensive programs that are started, what happens to wage earners? They get taken to the cleaners. By trying to create the ultimate safety net, you are making EVERYBODY poor. When democrat politicians talk about helping the middle class, I have to ask, in what possible way are they helping? If you vote democrat because you hate Christians and love solar panels, well that is just sad.

Last edited:
Be totally transparent and honest....remember you are protected by total anonymity here?

I've never voted Democrat, but I could be persuaded. I'm eager to, in fact, if it means getting rid of Trump. Here are some goals Democrats could campaign on that might get my attention. I'll try to constrain my list to things they actually might consider (eg. I don't expect Democrats to promise us laissez faire). All I'm asking is for them to be "good liberals":

• Do something about the surveillance regime exposed by Snowden, and promise to pardon him while you're at it.
  • Repeal the PATRIOT ACT.
  • End the "War on Drugs"
  • End the "War on Terror"
  • “I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Liberals used to get this. Get it again.
  • Back off on the freak-of-the-week approach to civil liberties. Equal rights doesn't mean that 'protected classes' get cake. It means we're all equal under the law.
  • Cut our military budget in half. Focus on protecting the US, not on policing the world.

i have voted (D), (R), & green party in the past. & although i am an indie, i am a registered (D) so i can vote in the primaries. I registered in 2006 so i can vote against joe libertoady because he was all for staying in iraq & ned lamont wanted to get us out.

in the past i voted (D) primarily to preserve roe v wade. now i vote primarily for (D) to preserve obamacare until universal healthcare becomes a right.

is that honest enough for ya?

There you have it folks...you can now see why only this guy was honest while everyone else hides and plays word games.
When you decode why this kind, honest gentlemen votes Democrat you quickly uncover the motivation.
He/she believes women should be able to kill unborn children...blacks and hispanics should be able to use abortion as a contraceptive.
AND
He/she thinks that us good quality, hard working Americans should pick up his/her healthcare tab.
To sum it all up...I’ll vote Democrat because they’ll give me more free shit and allow for irresponsible, immoral, indecent acts.
I’m not making this shit up folks.

i'm a she. &

A) don't believe in the right to an abortion? don't have one.

B) no body should go bankrupt trying to stay healthy.

silly you. jesus never asked if the sick had an insurance card b4 he healed them.

We aren't Jesus and it's OUR tax money. FYI Jesus also said:"Suffer the little children", NOT KILL THE LITTLE CHILDREN!

Be totally transparent and honest....remember you are protected by total anonymity here?

I have only voted for a Democrat once ...
And it was for Public Service Commissioner at the state level (not when he was previously running for the state legislature).

When he was in the state legislature, he did some pretty stupid things.
He was reckless and a stalwart Progressive.

After he left the state legislature and was elected as Public Service Commissioner his tune changed a little.
He worked in a more bipartisan manner ... And he ensured he stayed within his budget.
The policies he enacted were not directed at individual segments of the community ... But were policies that truly benefited the whole community.

When it came time to select the Public Service Commissioner again ...
I had no problem voting for a candidate that had proven he was worthy of the position.

Remember, it wasn't a D who once stated, "Corporations are people too"

I do remember that. One of the few Romney quotes that I liked. I agree that the corporate charter needs to be reconsidered, and that current collusion between government and business is unacceptable. But I've worked for a corporation before, and believe it or not, they were people! I sort of expected them to be robots or something, but every single person in the corporation I worked for was flesh-and-blood human. Crazy, huh?

I've never voted Democrat, but I could be persuaded. I'm eager to, in fact, if it means getting rid of Trump. Here are some goals Democrats could campaign on that might get my attention. I'll try to constrain my list to things they actually might consider (eg. I don't expect Democrats to promise us laissez faire). All I'm asking is for them to be "good liberals":

• Do something about the surveillance regime exposed by Snowden, and promise to pardon him while you're at it.
  • Repeal the PATRIOT ACT.
  • End the "War on Drugs"
  • End the "War on Terror"
  • “I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Liberals used to get this. Get it again.
  • Back off on the freak-of-the-week approach to civil liberties. Equal rights doesn't mean that 'protected classes' get cake. It means we're all equal under the law.
  • Cut our military budget in half. Focus on protecting the US, not on policing the world.

What is it that you hate about the Trump admin and policy?
He wants Americans put first?
He wants to deport thirdworlders; creating more jobs for the Americans hurting the most and shut down our southern border?
He wants to cut spending on bullshit?
He wants your investment portfolio to skyrocket?
He wants your real estate values to climb?

It's utterly inconsistent and changes with the breeze. There's no ideology behind it, only ego.
He says that, but his actions say something else. He wants Trump first.
He wants to deport thirdworlders; creating more jobs for the Americans hurting the most and shut down our southern border?
Yes, this is one of the things I hate about Trump.
Then why doesn't he do it?
I don't want government controlling the economy.
I don't want government fussing about real estate values. I want government to protect individual rights.

Underdogs always “pull” for underdogs. Makes perfect sense...most don’t have the balls to admit they vote for the FSA because they themselves need the spoon feeding. I commend you for the courageous admission in public forum.

ITS a nation of people . Unlike with the gop, who only care about big biz making money .

Take the epa . Who doesn’t want a clean environment? Oh, conservatives don’t . Because big biz don’t like it . It’s cheaper to throw your pollution into the river !

That depends. Do you want the air to be 0.001% cleaner if it costs every American $10,000? Certainly not. You eco freaks behave as if enfironmentalism doesn't have a cost. That's why the EPA needs to be defanged. It behaves the same way.

What has it cost us to live with YOUR level of pollution?
My level of pollution? What is that?

Cleaning up the environment to its current state of cleanliness has cost quite a lot, possibly trillions of dollars.

Well who trashed it? Don’t trash it and we don’t have to clean up.

Cons would have the USA look like India .

Don't be such a moron. Humans can't live without generating pollution. Why don't you stop living so you won't "trash" the planet? The only question is how much pollution we will have. The USA is clean enough. Further increases in the purity of the air or water will cost trillions of dollars. That means your children will have to do without a lot of the things you currently enjoy.

I understand where people are coming from, but I think people need to realize the limits of what a government can do, and what happens when it tries to do too much. If you look at the numbers involved for free education, universal healthcare, ect, it becomes clear that it is simply not possible. Bye the way, this is still true if you completely gut the military. It is a fairy tale to think sky high taxes and a gutted military will make it possible for the government to give everybody what it promises. No amount of taxes will cover the costs of all these programs. I can't think of anything else to call it than a political lie. The more of these expensive programs that are started, what happens to wage earners? They get taken to the cleaners. By trying to create the ultimate safety net, you are making EVERYBODY poor. When democrat politicians talk about helping the middle class, I have to ask, in what possible way are they helping? If you vote democrat because you hate Christians and love solar panels, well that is just sad.

The demand for free stuff is unlimited, so it's no surprise that politicians always want to spend more. Anyone who tries to put on the brakes is portrayed as a meanie, even though that's what everyone who pays taxes wants.

It's utterly inconsistent and changes with the breeze. There's no ideology behind it, only ego.
I don't want government fussing about real estate values. I want government to protect individual rights.

Hold on a minute....
You have to make sense for people to take you serious. You sound like your feelings are hurt....personally. Let’s do some profiling to uncover some shit and expose your motives.
Are you Hispanic?
Is your husband/wife illegal or barely American?
Are you on welfare?
Are you not an investor?
Do you own real estate?

Why would you hate a POTUS that fulfills his promise made under oath...to enforce our laws and constitution?
Why would you not want Americans protected economically and socially from thirdworlders?
You do understand that government does in fact control economics and real property values...right?

Hold on a minute....
You have to make sense for people to take you serious. You sound like your feelings are hurt....personally. Let’s do some profiling to uncover some shit and expose your motives.
Are you Hispanic?
Are you on welfare?
Are you not an investor?
Do you own real estate?

I don't generally play the personal info game, but you're wrong on all counts. Try again. Your profiler is failing you.

Why would you not want Americans protected economically and socially from thirdworlders?
Because it's fake. We don't need protection from hungry people who want to work.
You do understand that government does in fact control economics and real property values...right?
Yes. And it should stop. Trump isn't stopping government interference in the economy..

I think his policy is fairly consistent. He is trying to create a pro-business atmosphere, and for the most part, he is succeeding. He is also trying improve our trade deals so we don't lose the shirts off our backs. These are both things he campaigned on, and it is rare for a president to actually do what he says he will do. How do you see he only wants himself first? He has cut wasteful spending in many departments, and has ordered cabinet members to target waste. Don't forget about the cutting of all the useless red tape regulations. He seems very consistent to me. I'm not sure why you want massive illegal immigration, or how it helps our country, but that is entirely up to you. He has not been delicate about that, but in the end I believe he is right. He is willing to trade amnesty for security and making his base angry, so i'd think dems would give him credit for that. As far as not wanting the government in the markets, it has been proven the government can definately make things worse as far as people's wallets are concerned. I'm with you 100% on protecting individual rights.

Hold on a minute....
Are you Hispanic?
Are you on welfare?
Are you not an investor?
Do you own real estate?

I don't generally play the personal info game, but you're wrong on all counts. Try again. Your profiler is failing you.

Because it's fake. We don't need protection from hungry people who want to work.
Yes. And it should stop. Trump isn't stopping government interference in the economy..

Your profiler is failing you.”
Actually it’s working perfectly...you’re walking down the path I’m leading you...exposing your ignorance.

Because it's fake. We don't need protection from hungry people who want to work.”
$20 trillion in debt, $100 billion spent on illegals every year, a record number of Americans living at or below poverty, a record number of Americans on welfare, a record number of American homeless, the American middle class living check to check and you honestly believe we should still be spoon feeding thirdworld criminals? WOW! Thanks for the public admission. Yep....you’re kin to illegals FOR SURE.

Trump isn't stopping government interference in the economy..”
Trump can’t do that...the government controls currency value...you’d know this if you took ninth grade Econ.

Hold on a minute....
Are you Hispanic?
Are you on welfare?
Are you not an investor?
Do you own real estate?

Your profiler is failing you.”
Actually it’s working perfectly...you’re walking down the path I’m leading you...exposing your ignorance.

Is it now? Well, your assumptions were all wildly off-the-mark. I guess that was deliberate, eh?

What motivates you to vote Republican?

I would vote Republican because I believe in market solutions. I would vote Republican because I believe he n a free marketplace. I would vote Republican because I believe in individual freedoms.

But today, voting Republican also means I have to be xenophobic. I have to be homophobic. I have to count the number of times people go to church. I have to be Islamophobic. And, worst of all, I would have to despise anyone who disagrees with me.

It just isn't worth it.

No doubt, some don’t want to put the effort in.
The DNC has made it look much easier to be a Mexicrat....all one must do is breathe oxygen, exist and pretend to be "tolerant".
Think about it...It's tough being a conservative. There's an expectation to be better, to do better and to spend your life thinking about doing and becoming better. With that, we tend to expect more of our fellow countrymen, we appreciate and respect law and order, boundaries, a level of normalcy and an enthusiasm to contribute in positives ways.
If I were a kid growing up in today's era it would look like a lot of work to live and embrace the conservative ideology.
Good job....Mexicrats....I guess?
In your effort to "better yourself" is it necessary to stand on the necks of others to do it? Lessons our parents taught us if they were responsible included the fact that you cannot build yourself up by tearing others down.

In your effort to "better yourself" is it necessary to stand on the necks of others to do it?”

I don’t know any Republican that “stands on the necks of others” in their quest to do better.
What does that even mean?
Why is every issue so dire as to create enemies as a result? Are immigrants rapists, murderers, drug dealers? Are homosexuals deviants, mentally challenged and sinful? Are Muslims all terrorists, anti-American? Are environmentalists all conspiratorial and witless communists?

It seems there is not an issue where fearful enemies can't be found. No an issue where feminizations aren't used.

Standing on the necks of others to bolster your politics is seen as boorish.

Why is division necessary?

I would vote Republican because I believe in market solutions. I would vote Republican because I believe he n a free marketplace. I would vote Republican because I believe in individual freedoms.

But today, voting Republican also means I have to be xenophobic. I have to be homophobic. I have to count the number of times people go to church. I have to be Islamophobic. And, worst of all, I would have to despise anyone who disagrees with me.

It just isn't worth it.

The DNC has made it look much easier to be a Mexicrat....all one must do is breathe oxygen, exist and pretend to be "tolerant".
Think about it...It's tough being a conservative. There's an expectation to be better, to do better and to spend your life thinking about doing and becoming better. With that, we tend to expect more of our fellow countrymen, we appreciate and respect law and order, boundaries, a level of normalcy and an enthusiasm to contribute in positives ways.
If I were a kid growing up in today's era it would look like a lot of work to live and embrace the conservative ideology.
In your effort to "better yourself" is it necessary to stand on the necks of others to do it? Lessons our parents taught us if they were responsible included the fact that you cannot build yourself up by tearing others down.

In your effort to "better yourself" is it necessary to stand on the necks of others to do it?”

I don’t know any Republican that “stands on the necks of others” in their quest to do better.
Why is every issue so dire as to create enemies as a result? Are immigrants rapists, murderers, drug dealers? Are homosexuals deviants, mentally challenged and sinful? Are Muslims all terrorists, anti-American? Are environmentalists all conspiratorial and witless communists?

It seems there is not an issue where fearful enemies can't be found. No an issue where feminizations aren't used.

Stereotypes are easier. BrokeLoser can't conceive of the possibility that people are opposed to Trump for valid reasons. The only possibility is that we're all leeches and socialists, or worse, Democrats! He can't imagine that many Republicans and Libertarians are also dismayed at having someone as wreckless and ignorant as Trump at the helm.

It just isn't worth it.

that's a great question. but when you're economically marginal and feel threatened that you are being passed by you become frightened of anyone who isn't like you.

so the white supremacists feel they are competing for jobs with people who don't even speak English. it makes them afraid.

Because it's fake. We don't need protection from hungry people who want to work.”
$20 trillion in debt, $100 billion spent on illegals every year, a record number of Americans living at or below poverty, a record number of Americans on welfare, a record number of American homeless, the American middle class living check to check and you honestly believe we should still be spoon feeding thirdworld criminals? WOW! Thanks for the public admission. Yep....you’re kin to illegals FOR SURE.

"Admission"? Hell, I've been screaming this from the rooftops while you cowards hide behind your delusions that a wall will protect you. You betray the American dream and shit on the statue of liberty, all in the name of pathetic insecurity. You're terrified the brown folks will be more industrious than you. That they'll out work you and 'steal' your job.

Forum List

Back