What one issue do you struggle with the most?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Hoping for an interesting, illuminating conversation here.

The one major issue I struggle the most with is the death penalty. My impulse is to be against the death penalty, because (a) I don't see it as a deterrent, and (b) because I kinda like the idea of letting someone rot for killing someone else. HOWEVER, if someone I love were murdered, I may want that killer to be made dead ASAP. I've never been in that position, so I can't tell how I would react.

What's yours?

The one major issue I struggle the most with is the death penalty. My impulse is to be against the death penalty, because (a) I don't see it as a deterrent, and (b) because I kinda like the idea of letting someone rot for killing someone else. HOWEVER, if someone I love were murdered, I may want that killer to be made dead ASAP. I've never been in that position, so I can't tell how I would react.

What's yours?

Yep, only problem is a lot of Dems want these murderers to rot on our local street corners.

Yep, only problem is a lot of Dems want these murderers to rot on our local street corners.
Democrats tend to favor saving the lives of murderers so they can murder again, whether it be in jail or out of jail, and at the same time they favor ending the lives of innocent unborn babies.

That is the political line in the sand. Being a democrat means supporting a culture of death.

Yes, that's one of the main reasons I started the thread: To see how ideologically calcified people here are.
Calcified? :laughing0301: Why am I not surprised that you would choose that word?

I prefer "ideologically resolute".

Your arrogance is astounding at times. To hint that another's ideology is pathological because it disagrees with yours is the height of hubris.

But keep being you. It's an entertaining diversion while we wait for the Red Wave.

What's yours?

The criminal justice system has become a joke. It is not rehabilitation, we all know that. You even admit as much saying, "Let them rot".

Why? What is the goal here?

I favor a system geared more to corporal/capital punishment. Jails are expensive and only make criminals become worse criminals once inside the system. You are essentially sending them to a training school on how to be even more socially dysfunctional so that if they ever get out, they society will be much worse off.

But alas, society has been taken over by the Left who thinks that the corporal and capital punishment approach is draconian, even though this approach has helped societies around the world function throughout human history without a massive and extremely expensive incarceration culture that is the largest in human history.

It's like illegal narcotics flowing across the border that are laced with deadly amounts of fentanyl made to look like candy for children. Your average cookie cutter Leftist would either want the distribution of these drugs made legal, or they would want them released back into society. In reality, they should hang from the highest of gallows yesterday. You say that such an approach is not a deterrent, but look at places in the Far East who kill such drug dealers on the spot. Places like that are the only places in the world where such drug abuse is in decline. There is no lengthy expensive trial. Just find a tree and some rope and end it right then and there.

But I'm reminded of just how permissive Western society has become as I recall an episode of some American teenagers caught in Singapore for writing graffiti on some walls. They were found guilty and were to be caned. The American Left media went nuts saying how barbarian this was to do to teenagers. But at the end of the day they were caned. They had some very painful bruises and were let go with memories of what had just occurred.

And guess what, they never did it again, which was the only intent. And yes dear friends, the bruises even healed

It's like magic!!!

If someone claims to be against "Big Government" this should be a no-brainer and they shouldn't want government anywhere near making these decisions of life and death.
But we are at a place where the government is not protecting society from criminals We are at a place where candidates like Uncle Fester in PA want to release more criminals back into society and punishing the police for apprehending such criminals, at least, minority ones.

So democrats have created a society based more on being a vigilantly like Rittenhouse.

In other words, if you want to keep you and your family safe, you better own a gun

I guess if everyone had a gun then you would technically need less police as well as less jail cells which would also reduce cost and bypass the corruption within the Leftist controlled justice system

Is this what you favor?

But we are at a place where the government is not protecting society from criminals We are at a place where candidates like Uncle Fester in PA want to release more criminals back into society and punishing the police for apprehending such criminals, at least, minority ones.

So democrats have created a society based more on being a vigilantly like Rittenhouse.

In other words, if you want to keep you and your family safe, you better own a gun

I guess if everyone had a gun then you would technically need less police and reduce cost and bypass the corruption within the Leftist controlled justice system

Is this what you favor?
It's what they are pushing for. If they don't wake up, there will be a big hurt.

It's what they are pushing for. If they don't wake up, there will be a big hurt.
Democrats favor policy that creates killing zones, like in poor black communities.

You punish law enforcement for trying to end it, or you punish those like Rittenhouse who try to defend themselves and society, and then release the offenders back into society as soon as possible.

It is speculative on why they do this. Is it intentinal? Are they more concerned about reducing carbon footprints or some such nonsense or are they just retarded?

Who knows. But really, who cares? They need to be driven out of office and out of society.

Forum List

Back