“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Cars cause more than 1000x the death caused by all guns, much less that caused by the undefinable or indistinguishable subset of guns you call "assault weapons."

No cars. No death by cars also applies, no?

You appear to be motivated by the desire to promote public safety, but fail to prioritize your efforts to that end, which causes me to suspect your motives. If your approach to promoting public safety is to ban the instruments involved in making the public unsafe, cars should have been banned LONG before guns.

It's akin to "penny wise, dollar dumb."

I can only conclude that your motive is only to rid citizens of their ability to resist an attempted collectivist take-over. Am I wrong?
Cars have massive amounts of regulations, guns should have the same.
No one has right to vehicle ownership, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone screws it up for themselves.
So don’t confuse the two little man...

And exactly why doesn't anyone have a right to own a vehicle is they also have the right to own a firearm? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And don't go into the 2nd amendment crap. The 2nd amendment has already been preempted.
Driving is a privilege not a right. Ya old coot

And who says it's a privilege?
The law

I I am worried about the psychos who love buying AR-15s. Nobody wants to ban all all guns, super duper...
We need Universal background check and registration of semi automatics at least. You dupes are terrified of imaginary stuff that has no chance. The NRA totally dominates.
Universal background checks and firearm registration are 100% unconstitutional

And the group that decides that ruled how on this? Are you saying that the Supreme Court is wrong? This Supreme Court is more Conservative than ever before and even it ruled that background checks and firearm registration is constitutional. You still hammer away on that? YOU are unconstitutional.
No one has to register their firearms because it’s unconstitutional

My firearms are registered according to the State Laws. It's constitutional and has been upheld by the Supreme Court.
No one I sell firearms to has to register as the way it should be. It’s unlawful and unconstitutional to expect anyone to register their firearms...

Why in the hell would I give a dam about numbers, when the assault weapon is the choice of all mass murderers and the choice of all the killers at school mass killing
Your claim that "assault weapons" are the choice of mass murderers necessarily depends on NUMBERS. How can you make that claim without numbers to support such a claim? Why DON'T you give a damn about numbers is the better question.
Why would anyone care about the number of kids killed in school with a assault weapon. Being the weapon of choice by mass murderers is hardly my idea , every person that has looked at it knows that. Google it , then you can go after the millions that have said that,

Do you understand that the number of kids killed by a rifle in a school over 35 years is less than the number of kids killed by lawnmowers...every single year...

And again....the rifle is not the weapon of choice of mass shooters...that would be the pistol.....

You don't "know" anything......a google search does not support what you say.....that is why you are not taken seriously....
Do you know that there will be no death by guns if there isn't any guns.
You must live in a fairytale

No that's not the solution, 7 states and multiple cities have banned assault weapons and the courts have supported all of them, give your money and push for the local ban in every part of the country , increase the number of places that they are banned. It is clear to everyone by example that none of these haters here , who have nothing but threats and people offering to murder me , should be able to have a gun, simply read the responses to my post here and decide if you think these people should be able to have a gun.
An ar15 and the like are not so called assault weapons they are just sporting rifles, nothing more nothing less.
You are obviously not very bright, Please educate yourself on the subject before you speak - you look foolish

There is very little difference between an AR-15 and a M-16-A-4 except the A-4 has a 3 shot burst setting. But in combat, that setting is rarely used. It's pretty worthless. Since you arm chair generals have never served you wouldn't know that.

Yes, the Military uses it as a sporting rifle as well. Their game is humans.
Actually I did serve eight years in the guard. Second of all, there is no way an over the counter Ar15 would ever pass military muster you obviously know nothing of the subject.

Funny, I can buy a military grade AR-15 over the counter. The only difference will be the receiver which cannot be changed out with the M-16 receiver. Same barrel, same everything else. The cost won't be no crummy 500 bucks. It will be closer to 1500 or better. You get what you pay for.

And I doubt you ever served. You don't know the history of the Military at all.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, an over the counter Ar15 would never pass military muster... fact
Of course I served, lots of Americans have.

You do. Well, cupcake. I will authorize you do do a bit of free advertizing for your business. How about a cite for your business. I think the board would allow that once to back your your outlandish claim. Otherwise, we also add that you ride a Unicorn while wearing a pink TuTu.

No guns no death by guns
Cars cause more than 1000x the death caused by all guns, much less that caused by the undefinable or indistinguishable subset of guns you call "assault weapons."

You appear to be motivated by the desire to promote public safety, but fail to prioritize your efforts to that end, which causes me to suspect your motives. If your approach to promoting public safety is to ban the instruments involved in making the public unsafe, cars should have been banned LONG before guns.

I can only conclude that your motive is only to rid citizens of their ability to resist an attempted collectivist take-over. Am I wrong?
but you don't have a right to drive a car on public roads

you do have the right to keep and bear arms.

Don't be afraid exercise your rights
yes and the biggest threat to the second is you my way or the highway gun bubbas. You need a car , you don't need a gun. Cars have massive amounts of regulations so should guns
I don’t need a car, and my firearm ownership is none of your business

An ar15 and the like are not so called assault weapons they are just sporting rifles, nothing more nothing less.
You are obviously not very bright, Please educate yourself on the subject before you speak - you look foolish

There is very little difference between an AR-15 and a M-16-A-4 except the A-4 has a 3 shot burst setting. But in combat, that setting is rarely used. It's pretty worthless. Since you arm chair generals have never served you wouldn't know that.

Yes, the Military uses it as a sporting rifle as well. Their game is humans.
Actually I did serve eight years in the guard. Second of all, there is no way an over the counter Ar15 would ever pass military muster you obviously know nothing of the subject.

Funny, I can buy a military grade AR-15 over the counter. The only difference will be the receiver which cannot be changed out with the M-16 receiver. Same barrel, same everything else. The cost won't be no crummy 500 bucks. It will be closer to 1500 or better. You get what you pay for.

And I doubt you ever served. You don't know the history of the Military at all.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, an over the counter Ar15 would never pass military muster... fact
Of course I served, lots of Americans have.

You do. Well, cupcake. I will authorize you do do a bit of free advertizing for your business. How about a cite for your business. I think the board would allow that once to back your your outlandish claim. Otherwise, we also add that you ride a Unicorn while wearing a pink TuTu.
Says a gun grabber

We need Universal background check and registration of semi automatics at least. You dupes are terrified of imaginary stuff that has no chance. The NRA totally dominates.

And the group that decides that ruled how on this? Are you saying that the Supreme Court is wrong? This Supreme Court is more Conservative than ever before and even it ruled that background checks and firearm registration is constitutional. You still hammer away on that? YOU are unconstitutional.

My firearms are registered according to the State Laws. It's constitutional and has been upheld by the Supreme Court.
No one I sell firearms to has to register as the way it should be. It’s unlawful and unconstitutional to expect anyone to register their firearms...

Everytime I buy a firearm, there is a background check. Each weapon has to be listed on that background check. The last time I checked, it was called on thing but it's a backdoor firearms registration. You can call a Peakcock a Pig but if it still roots around in the mud, it's a pig.;

yes and the biggest threat to the second is you my way or the highway gun bubbas. You need a car , you don't need a gun. Cars have massive amounts of regulations so should guns

You have no right to drive a car on publicly owned roads. Driving on publicly owned roads is a privilege granted to you by the state and can be rescinded at any time for any reason.

What do you not understand about that?
Well to be honest I care nothing about bullshit like this really, guns compared to cars , just doesn't make sense , in any form , so I shouldn't have responded at all. I was probably just getting bored looking at , your dumb and i don't like you.
Yes, vehicle ownership is not a right, firearm ownership is

Everytime I buy a firearm, there is a background check. Each weapon has to be listed on that background check. The last time I checked, it was called on thing but it's a backdoor firearms registration. You can call a Peakcock a Pig but if it still roots around in the mud, it's a pig.;
The FBI has to discard any information on firearm ownership within 48 hours of doing a background check

Do you understand that the number of kids killed by a rifle in a school over 35 years is less than the number of kids killed by lawnmowers...every single year...

And again....the rifle is not the weapon of choice of mass shooters...that would be the pistol.....

You don't "know" anything......a google search does not support what you say.....that is why you are not taken seriously....
nonsensical and boring
I found his comment on point. Allow me to attempt to convince you as to why:

I assume your motive for wanting to remove all gun ownership is to promote safety, particularly the safety of children.

You want to ban an inanimate object to protect children.

Doing so will create a precedent or standard that can be applied globally to other objects that harm children, like lawnmowers. In your effort to get the desired result, you will have created unintended consequences.

It goes a lot deeper than that, but you can see the serious concern, can you not?

Using your logic, we can also stop having child proof medical tops, child proof household chemical tops, and all that unnecessary things that cost us money to have on our products. And of course, the use by dates, you know how much that costs us at the market. And those stupid Children Seats, Seat and Shoulder Belts, Collision Bags in Cars, Neutral Switches, any form of warning buzzers and more. All of these just cost us money, lots of money. My old 53 Roadmaster didn't have a single one of these and I survived. Of course, the size of that beast, everyone was too afraid to come within a country mile of it. The problems were, the deaths per capita were out of control as the speeds came up on the highways. The deaths of children in accidents were out of control. You might think you were safer in your most recent Mastodon of Detroitness but when you smacked into another mammothed one, all bets were off. When the earth stopped shaking, you just picked up the body parts (those that you could find) and hauled them off. Today, we have almost a 100% chance of survival in an accident in a car that once would have killed everyone involved. It's not just you that's out there, it's also other people. The Government did force those changes and they were "Painful" to the car industries if you listen to them at them at the time but it was necessary to save lives. And that is what we are trying to do for the Mass Shootings. Minimize the body counts.

We will never stop the mass shooting completely. But we can minimize the body counts. Yes, there are other ways to kill enmass but the new sexy way is with a gun. And the new record is 58 and the new record holder is the AR-15 in a 19 year old hands. Yes, the record is held by a 40is person but it gives the 19 year old a goal to exceed. If you are looking for a medical cure for this, don't. There isn't one. If you are looking for a way that Society can stop this by it's actions, don't, it just isn't there. Just look at the target words. AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag. Those are the only 3 things we can control. Nothing else.
You’re a foolish old man

No guns no death by guns

Then you also don't need a firearm. WE all would be safer if you didn't have either.

The FBI has to discard any information on firearm ownership within 48 hours of doing a background check

The State does not. It's still a Pig.

Hey, where's Synthaholic go? Taking her antidepressants?
What kind of gun was used in the Las Vegas mass murder?

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

So, the 17 year old couldn't have used used semi automatic pistols and rack up the same, if not more kills. Is that what you are trying to sell?

Nice try, but everyone knows that Bridge, ain't for sale, and no ones gonna buy it. Take away the antidepressants, and a whole lotta people are alive today that are now 6 foot under.

Sad, but true.

You just can't face it that you aren't going to win this one. We have had at least one near mass shooting here. It was stopped by an alert community. The 17 year old was apprehended before he got to the school gate by the cops who overwhelmed him with force and didn't give him time to get his mind together enough to get his weapon out. You see, walking down a sidewalk in a long coat with a bulge under it and it's not raining isn't exactly normal. Someone has to see it. If the Community doesn't report it, the kid makes it to the school and the school has things in place to keep the body count down, not to stop the initial shootings. But it was stopped before it reached the gates by a concerned citizen calling it in. The 1000 foot rule of no guns around a school was taken seriously and it paid off. This did not make the Nation News. No mention of it on Fox News or CNN. Nothing. His weapon of Choice? An AR-15 style weapon he "Borrowed" from his Dad along with 3 30 round mags. His reason given? He was going for the record. It wasn't even his school. Was he on any prescription drugs? None. I wonder how many other almost happenings like that are thwarted and not reported each day on the national news.
Millions of ARs and the like are owned by second amendment enthusiasts in this country, The percentage of them used in violent crime is what? A fraction of a fraction of fraction of a percent... maybe
This country has much bigger fish to fry, take your pick...
2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

nonsensical and boring

I assume your motive for wanting to remove all gun ownership is to promote safety, particularly the safety of children.

Doing so will create a precedent or standard that can be applied globally to other objects that harm children, like lawnmowers. In your effort to get the desired result, you will have created unintended consequences.

It goes a lot deeper than that, but you can see the serious concern, can you not?

Using your logic, we can also stop having child proof medical tops, child proof household chemical tops, and all that unnecessary things that cost us money to have on our products. And of course, the use by dates, you know how much that costs us at the market. And those stupid Children Seats, Seat and Shoulder Belts, Collision Bags in Cars, Neutral Switches, any form of warning buzzers and more. All of these just cost us money, lots of money. My old 53 Roadmaster didn't have a single one of these and I survived. Of course, the size of that beast, everyone was too afraid to come within a country mile of it. The problems were, the deaths per capita were out of control as the speeds came up on the highways. The deaths of children in accidents were out of control. You might think you were safer in your most recent Mastodon of Detroitness but when you smacked into another mammothed one, all bets were off. When the earth stopped shaking, you just picked up the body parts (those that you could find) and hauled them off. Today, we have almost a 100% chance of survival in an accident in a car that once would have killed everyone involved. It's not just you that's out there, it's also other people. The Government did force those changes and they were "Painful" to the car industries if you listen to them at them at the time but it was necessary to save lives. And that is what we are trying to do for the Mass Shootings. Minimize the body counts.

We will never stop the mass shooting completely. But we can minimize the body counts. Yes, there are other ways to kill enmass but the new sexy way is with a gun. And the new record is 58 and the new record holder is the AR-15 in a 19 year old hands. Yes, the record is held by a 40is person but it gives the 19 year old a goal to exceed. If you are looking for a medical cure for this, don't. There isn't one. If you are looking for a way that Society can stop this by it's actions, don't, it just isn't there. Just look at the target words. AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag. Those are the only 3 things we can control. Nothing else.
You’re a foolish old man

If you walk down the street hosing others with your ideas the I will out live you by quite a margin. Now about your business or are you dress in a pink tutu while riding around on the Unicorn.

Then you also don't need a firearm. WE all would be safer if you didn't have either.
I have never killed anybody, Need has nothing to do with it... someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your business just like it’s none of my business.

What kind of gun was used in the Las Vegas mass murder?

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

So, the 17 year old couldn't have used used semi automatic pistols and rack up the same, if not more kills. Is that what you are trying to sell?

Nice try, but everyone knows that Bridge, ain't for sale, and no ones gonna buy it. Take away the antidepressants, and a whole lotta people are alive today that are now 6 foot under.

Sad, but true.

You just can't face it that you aren't going to win this one. We have had at least one near mass shooting here. It was stopped by an alert community. The 17 year old was apprehended before he got to the school gate by the cops who overwhelmed him with force and didn't give him time to get his mind together enough to get his weapon out. You see, walking down a sidewalk in a long coat with a bulge under it and it's not raining isn't exactly normal. Someone has to see it. If the Community doesn't report it, the kid makes it to the school and the school has things in place to keep the body count down, not to stop the initial shootings. But it was stopped before it reached the gates by a concerned citizen calling it in. The 1000 foot rule of no guns around a school was taken seriously and it paid off. This did not make the Nation News. No mention of it on Fox News or CNN. Nothing. His weapon of Choice? An AR-15 style weapon he "Borrowed" from his Dad along with 3 30 round mags. His reason given? He was going for the record. It wasn't even his school. Was he on any prescription drugs? None. I wonder how many other almost happenings like that are thwarted and not reported each day on the national news.
Millions of ARs and the like are owned by second amendment enthusiasts in this country, The percentage of them used in violent crime is what? A fraction of a fraction of fraction of a percent... maybe
This country has much bigger fish to fry, take your pick...
2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

We prevent what we can in life. Common Sense Gun Laws makes sense. it takes the really foolish off the books. And it minimizes the body count. If that is all it does then that's a good thing. If what you preach prevents the common sense gun laws and the body count stays high then you are contributing to those high body counts.

The question is not "What percentage of murders are committed with an AR-15?" ...

...rather...

The question is "What percentage of mass shootings are committed with an AR-15?"

Next slide, please.

Good question

how many
Of the mass murders above 10 people, by far the majority is assault weapons. nothing comes as close. They are the weapons of choice for every mass shooting and every school massacre.

The State does not. It's still a Pig.
I know of no one that registers their firearms, as it should be.
Nowhere on the background check does it ask what firearm is being purchased...

nonsensical and boring

You’re a foolish old man

If you walk down the street hosing others with your ideas the I will out live you by quite a margin. Now about your business or are you dress in a pink tutu while riding around on the Unicorn.
Lol
The Progressive control freak shows his true colors

I have never killed anybody, Need has nothing to do with it... someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your business just like it’s none of my business.

I don't contribute to the high body counts by not getting involved. Get involved. This is how we keep the body count low. No we can't stop the body count but we can keep it low. If that is all we can do then at least that is something. If we don't do something then we are just as guilty as the shooter.

Forum List

Back