What Race do you identify with for yourself?

What is your race that YOU identify with?

• Caucasian

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • African

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Race? Pffft.

I am The Kinetta. Hear me ... pour a drink.

(To be serious there is little I could care less about on this planet than someone's race. I assess people by their words and behavior.)
So do I. Read the op again.

Gracie, If Ancestry.com is to be believed I descend from every nation on earth. Which I don't believe, so I am having my DNA tested. If it's correct, my pie chart should be a succession of slivers. Can't wait to find out.
I remarked to my husband that I had a grandfather named Sigurd Snake in the Eye, and thought he had been bitten by a snake when he was a toddler. I hadn't researched any of these people yet. So, one day my husband was going through the channels on tv and stopped for a second on a channel and I heard, "Sigurd, snake in the eye". :ack-1:. Holy shit. I went and bought all of the Viking series. OMG. Grandpa Ragnar. OMG. I was horrified by his life and yet rooted for him to live. And the bastage that killed him is also my grandfather. Contrary to the series, Sigurd married the daughter of the man that killed his father, the King of Northumbria. Crazy stuff.
THAT is fascinating, Ram!!!!

Why did I know in advance that no serious answers would be forthcoming? :lol:

I disagree.

To me, there's really only one important or meaningful category -- human.

tell BLM that please

Pisses you off that we are ALL, including you, part black.

I also have some Native American - Quapaw Sioux.

But, we're all just human. That's what matters.

IMO.

Not at all. I totally agree.
Focus on the similarities.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

And I date lots of non-white women.

:woohoo:
Sorry. Not interested in who you date.

Who the hell was that guy...some dude that was a neo nazi, trying to take over a small town. Saw the documentary on Netflix. Anyway..I thought it kinda funny he ranted and raved about his superior race (caucasian) but when he went on a tv show and agreed to a dna test...he had a shitload of black in him. :lol:

Personally..I think we ALL came from africa. Then as we "developed" and began to travel, we either grew darker skin for that climate/area settled in, or lighter skin..like Irish Ram's Ragnar Grandpappy. We adapted. But our ORIGINS are africa.

But thats just my opinion and I am no expert.

Which is why Asians and Native Americans look so similar in some ways...and have similar styles of how they live, etc. They began as one..but divided when asia was still connected to other land masses.

I disagree.

tell BLM that please

IMO.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

:razz:

I disagree.

tell BLM that please

IMO.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
You're welcome. Just wanted you to not drift the convo to other topics instead of this one. Sorry I got snarky.
I know a couple of caucasian women who will not date white guys. Either hispanic or black. And I also know a black lady that only dates whites. But that is another topic for another thread.

Like you Gracie, I am light skinned with blue eyes. I stick out like a sore thumb in family pictures, with my Sicilian side.
My other side is irish... my brown hair, dark brows, and tint of olive in my skin also stick out like a sore thumb.

Either way I'm the odd ball :2up:

I have only a couple of family photos but my dad's side was Qua paw Sioux and he looked it. Very aquiline nose, high cheekbones and dark skin. A very handsome man. I got my mother's looks.

My grandmother was pure Qua paw, a suffragette, a strong woman who knew Eleanor Roosevelt and marched for the vote. I really loved her and am named for her.

We lived in different states and I often talked to her by phone. She was in CA and we once talked about Nixon going to San Clemente and her quip was "Quick, throw up a wall".

Yep. i really loved her.
I listen to Native American flute music all the time....and I asked my husband once if it ever "moved" him deep in his soul cuz it damn sure does mine...and he said "no". It made me sad. He's in to art deco decor and seems "white" except for the hairless skin, the prominent forehead, and the full head of hair.

I tried to trace back my ancestry and got as far as Napoleon...so I might have a tad of French in me as well. But the majority are irish and german.

Personally..I think we ALL came from africa. Then as we "developed" and began to travel, we either grew darker skin for that climate/area settled in, or lighter skin..like Irish Ram's Ragnar Grandpappy. We adapted. But our ORIGINS are africa.

But thats just my opinion and I am no expert.

Probably not Negroid, though, but rather Capoid, or a Bushman type.

Besides, Kostenki Man a European founder 36,000 years ago, had DNA much like Europeans, rather than like Africans.

So, on arrival Europeans were already different.

I disagree.

tell BLM that please

IMO.

I have trace Iroquois, and I must agree with you.

Now, the world will end. :laugh:
We all have NA, black and Hispanic blood.

How do you figure that?
Here in New York, most Whites have 20th century roots directly from Europe.
Probably why we're better than Whites in other parts of the country.

I wish I could pick canine. But I'm not nearly cool enough.

Japanese-spitz-cc.jpg

Just curious how many hispanics, blacks (africans?), asians, native americans, caucasian post here. I wonder, because a lot of "caucasians" (Europeans?) post insulting things from time to time (often) and I am curious as to how many here that are one particular race being insulted when those that post such things..

The poll does not show who participated in case those who do, want to stay anon.

And...I probably worded it all wrong because it is a difficult question since we all can be traced back to Africa..which is yet another debate/argument/thread. Cuban may be considered hispanic, mexican can be considered spanish, native american can be considered asian, white can be considered irish, german, swedish....etc etc etc.

Mainly, I want to know how YOU identify yourself, race-wise. Obama was half and half..but he considered himself mostly "black" (african) and identified himself as such...as did his voters. "First black President" for example. No, he was half white, half black. Yet..identified as black.

So what do you identify yourself as?

I will not vote because I will just tell you. I am white. Caucasian. Irish, german, english, scottish. As far as I know, anyway.

You have two picks..in case you identify with at least two races.

MrGracie is Native American (Yavapai Apache) but identifies as caucasian because he looks like he is and was raised as caucasian. Blue eyes, pale skin. Native American in the woodpile an ancestor or two ago ;)

Is it okay if I say Human. :)

Just curious how many hispanics, blacks (africans?), asians, native americans, caucasian post here. I wonder, because a lot of "caucasians" (Europeans?) post insulting things from time to time (often) and I am curious as to how many here that are one particular race being insulted when those that post such things..

The poll does not show who participated in case those who do, want to stay anon.

And...I probably worded it all wrong because it is a difficult question since we all can be traced back to Africa..which is yet another debate/argument/thread. Cuban may be considered hispanic, mexican can be considered spanish, native american can be considered asian, white can be considered irish, german, swedish....etc etc etc.

Mainly, I want to know how YOU identify yourself, race-wise. Obama was half and half..but he considered himself mostly "black" (african) and identified himself as such...as did his voters. "First black President" for example. No, he was half white, half black. Yet..identified as black.

So what do you identify yourself as?

I will not vote because I will just tell you. I am white. Caucasian. Irish, german, english, scottish. As far as I know, anyway.

You have two picks..in case you identify with at least two races.

MrGracie is Native American (Yavapai Apache) but identifies as caucasian because he looks like he is and was raised as caucasian. Blue eyes, pale skin. Native American in the woodpile an ancestor or two ago ;)

Is it okay if I say Human. :)
You don't have to answer at all, but we can all see you pic in yer avie. You are one bodacious black woman, WQ. :lol:

Forum List

Back