What Race do you identify with for yourself?

What is your race that YOU identify with?

• Caucasian

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • African

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are people who would need 3 votes too like african, native american and white. Many are such a mixture.

Which is what makes the construct of race such a meaningless distinction.

I don't think anyone, even a dyed-the-wool supremacist, can honestly claim their racial blood line isn't at list a little bit of a cocktail.

The sex drive is a powerful motivator and racial purity will not likely be a deal breaker when an opportunity to procreate presents itself.

Just curious how many hispanics, blacks (africans?), asians, native americans, caucasian post here. I wonder, because a lot of "caucasians" (Europeans?) post insulting things from time to time (often) and I am curious as to how many here that are one particular race being insulted when those that post such things..

The poll does not show who participated in case those who do, want to stay anon.

And...I probably worded it all wrong because it is a difficult question since we all can be traced back to Africa..which is yet another debate/argument/thread. Cuban may be considered hispanic, mexican can be considered spanish, native american can be considered asian, white can be considered irish, german, swedish....etc etc etc.

Mainly, I want to know how YOU identify yourself, race-wise. Obama was half and half..but he considered himself mostly "black" (african) and identified himself as such...as did his voters. "First black President" for example. No, he was half white, half black. Yet..identified as black.

So what do you identify yourself as?

I will not vote because I will just tell you. I am white. Caucasian. Irish, german, english, scottish. As far as I know, anyway.

You have two picks..in case you identify with at least two races.

MrGracie is Native American (Yavapai Apache) but identifies as caucasian because he looks like he is and was raised as caucasian. Blue eyes, pale skin. Native American in the woodpile an ancestor or two ago ;)
Even Caucasians divide up into sub-races.

First you have the pure Aryans from Persia, India, and Afghanistan.

Then you have the true Caucasian-Caucasians from the actual Caucuses Mountains -- Armenians & Turks.

Then you have the European migrants (who migrated into Europe from the Caucuses) -- Kelts, Germanians, Slavs, Balts, Finns, Albanians, and Greeks.

Then you have the Mediterranean Caucasians -- Hittites, Etruscans, Phoenicians, Basque, Hispanolans, and Portuguese.

I am Greek. We are known for being very smart and independent and for inventing everything.

There are people who would need 3 votes too like african, native american and white. Many are such a mixture.

Which is what makes the construct of race such a meaningless distinction.

I don't think anyone, even a dyed-the-wool supremacist, can honestly claim their racial blood line isn't at list a little bit of a cocktail.

The sex drive is a powerful motivator and racial purity will not likely be a deal breaker when an opportunity to procreate presents itself.
In modern times everyone is a mutt of some kind.

I was going to answer Human, but there was no option for that.
Which is why I did not put it in there. I am truly curious as to how many (for example) blacks participate, donate to usmb, yet are reading shit that should be at Stormfront and are indignant. No, this is no __________ Lives Matter thing, either. I just want to know...and made it anon for those that don't want to say publicly for whatever their reasons may be.

Yes, we are all human. Unfortunately, humans are flawed in how they treat other humans. The question is no different than asking who is Christian, who is Hindu, who is Muslim, who is Wiccan, etc.

Or a poll asking who is a veteran, currently serving, a police officer current or retired, fireman, etc etc etc.

Or which branch they served under if military.

Or who is hetero, or homosexual or bi sexual.

You get the drift.:)
There are a couple of Negroes who post here and their threads are most often related to Negro rage.

I was going to answer Human, but there was no option for that.
One of my Asian friends from the office believes that each of the different races was planted here on Earth by aliens and brought from a different planet.

Ergo according to him "human" is a place not a people.

Just curious how many hispanics, blacks (africans?), asians, native americans, caucasian post here. I wonder, because a lot of "caucasians" (Europeans?) post insulting things from time to time (often) and I am curious as to how many here that are one particular race being insulted when those that post such things..

The poll does not show who participated in case those who do, want to stay anon.

And...I probably worded it all wrong because it is a difficult question since we all can be traced back to Africa..which is yet another debate/argument/thread. Cuban may be considered hispanic, mexican can be considered spanish, native american can be considered asian, white can be considered irish, german, swedish....etc etc etc.

Mainly, I want to know how YOU identify yourself, race-wise. Obama was half and half..but he considered himself mostly "black" (african) and identified himself as such...as did his voters. "First black President" for example. No, he was half white, half black. Yet..identified as black.

I will not vote because I will just tell you. I am white. Caucasian. Irish, german, english, scottish. As far as I know, anyway.

MrGracie is Native American (Yavapai Apache) but identifies as caucasian because he looks like he is and was raised as caucasian. Blue eyes, pale skin. Native American in the woodpile an ancestor or two ago ;)
manifold is Hispanic.

That means he is a Goth, Arab, Meso American mutt.

He is probably an expert taco bender.

He sucks as a 4F judge however.

Gracie, If Ancestry.com is to be believed I descend from every nation on earth. Which I don't believe, so I am having my DNA tested. If it's correct, my pie chart should be a succession of slivers. Can't wait to find out.
I remarked to my husband that I had a grandfather named Sigurd Snake in the Eye, and thought he had been bitten by a snake when he was a toddler. I hadn't researched any of these people yet. So, one day my husband was going through the channels on tv and stopped for a second on a channel and I heard, "Sigurd, snake in the eye". :ack-1:. Holy shit. I went and bought all of the Viking series. OMG. Grandpa Ragnar. OMG. I was horrified by his life and yet rooted for him to live. And the bastage that killed him is also my grandfather. Contrary to the series, Sigurd married the daughter of the man that killed his father, the King of Northumbria. Crazy stuff.
Irish would be Kelt.

I wish I could pick canine. But I'm not nearly cool enough.

Japanese-spitz-cc.jpg
Jew is Semitic not Caucasian.

The Jews came from ancient Babylonia.

The Babylonians and Assyrians were always in Mesopotamia.

We don't have any clue where they came from.

They were just always there.

Is it okay if I say Human. :)
Like I said, human is a planet not a people.

You came from Africa.

The Africans were always in Africa.

Nobody knows where they came from.

They may have fallen out of the trees there and just decided they liked it on the ground better.

I wish I could pick canine. But I'm not nearly cool enough.

Japanese-spitz-cc.jpg
Jew is Semitic not Caucasian.

The Jews came from ancient Babylonia.

The Babylonians and Assyrians were always in Mesopotamia.

We don't have any clue where they came from.

They were just always there.
Even during the dinosaur era?
The dinosaurs are related to alligators and crocodiles and caymans and birds.

You should have learned this in College Bio 101.

But you probably did not get into any colleges I'll bet Moonglow .

Forum List

Back