What the heck is the deal with the gas prices?

Buy a hybrid.

Yeah, I'm gonna haul tons of construction materials in a hybrid lol

My question is how come diesel is so much more expensive than gas?

I know right? We used to use all diesels for work till the prices flip flopped. Started costing us a couple thousand a month just to fill up. Sold them all and switched to regular trucks with overload suspensions. But even now it's still costing a damn fortune.
I had really hoped that prices would recede but it appears that this crap is the new norm.

Yeah, I'm gonna haul tons of construction materials in a hybrid lol

lol...I remember the gas execs getting on TV saying Diesel is cheaper because it doesnt have to be cleaned. Now Diesel is higher and I imagine they'll say its because the Gas Gods required it to be so :lol:

:cuckoo:

Why Diesel Costs More Than Gasoline - Business Insider

It's all in the link

Union strikes containing violence, lobbying, and then changing the usage tax on trucks for diesel instead of on the truckers themselves.
That's why diesel is more expensive - taxation. But you love taxes! So you should be happy to fork over the extra for diesel that would otherwise be cheaper. Plus there is some good Union violence in the piece and around the decision. Certainly you can at least quietly like the violence thing. It's a lefty darling.

lol...I remember the gas execs getting on TV saying Diesel is cheaper because it doesnt have to be cleaned. Now Diesel is higher and I imagine they'll say its because the Gas Gods required it to be so :lol:

:cuckoo:

Why Diesel Costs More Than Gasoline - Business Insider

It's all in the link

Union strikes containing violence, lobbying, and then changing the usage tax on trucks for diesel instead of on the truckers themselves.
That's why diesel is more expensive - taxation. But you love taxes! So you should be happy to fork over the extra for diesel that would otherwise be cheaper. Plus there is some good Union violence in the piece and around the decision. Certainly you can at least quietly like the violence thing. It's a lefty darling.

They always pit us against each other while they make off with the spoils

They were under three bucks a few weeks ago and now they appear to be on a trajectory for four bucks.

Despite the cold, we are heading into the warmer part of the year when gas prices always increase. Secondly, the whole Ukraine thing has the markets a bit unsettled. The increases we are seeing are not really out of line. Last year in March, they were about the same as they are now.

ch.gaschart

Last edited:
They were under three bucks a few weeks ago and now they appear to be on a trajectory for four bucks.

Spring break is a very big travel time, more demand equals higher prices.

Its more than just that,refineries have been pumping out fuel oil for heating,its been a very cold long winter,they havn't ramped up doing gas,along with changing blends from winter to summer,gas supplies are lower,its supply and demand,along with nervous speculation.

Forum List

Back