What to expect when the House of Reps turns blue.....

Of course, what to expect AFTER the right wing morons on here have a fit......

But, with a House blue majority and the subpoena powers, expect that we will finally get to see the infamous Trump tax returns AND some really entertaining hearings with several Trump relatives and crooked cult members.......

I sure hope that "impeachment" is OFF the table; after all, why deny us the GOP wrecking ball that is our "beloved" Trump?

I don't want trump impeached.

I want proper checks and balances on him as directed by the constitution.

I don't want a president pence to pardon trump. I want him held to the same legal standards the rest of us are held to.

Let democracy rule and do it's job in 2020, People will vote that slime ball out of office the way our democratic republic requires.

When he's out of office prosecute that criminal to the fullest extent of the law.

What would you have him prosecuted for? No talking points, name the law and the necessary evidence you have to get an indictment.

Counting unhatched chickens I see.
Indeed.

But if at some point in the near future Democrats should take control of the House, what we would hear from the right is a lot of sour grapes fallacies, references that the Senate is ‘more important,’ and that Midterm elections aren’t indicative of General (presidential) Elections.

Actually, we'll hear that when Ruth Bader Ginsburg finally completes her trip to the grave....we'll be appointing her replacement.

And this time, I would not bother with a side show like that stupid fool Ford.

But, with a House blue majority and the subpoena powers, expect that we will finally get to see the infamous Trump tax returns AND some really entertaining hearings with several Trump relatives and crooked cult members.......

I sure hope that "impeachment" is OFF the table; after all, why deny us the GOP wrecking ball that is our "beloved" Trump?

You're one goddamn pathetic excuse of a human, congress has no legal authority to request or release Trumps tax returns. Should they try to manufacture a reason I'll bet you SCOTUS will bitch slap the hell out of them.

Perhaps those tax returns will just magically find their way onto the Internet one of these days.

Never can tell, how deep the Deep State runs, eh? :21:

I bet his records are sequestered and not available to the average IRS flunky.

I don't want trump impeached.

I want proper checks and balances on him as directed by the constitution.

I don't want a president pence to pardon trump. I want him held to the same legal standards the rest of us are held to.

Let democracy rule and do it's job in 2020, People will vote that slime ball out of office the way our democratic republic requires.

When he's out of office prosecute that criminal to the fullest extent of the law.
Correct.

The last thing Democrats want is Trump removed from office via the impeachment process and Pence to become president – indeed, Pence would be as bad as Trump, if not worse.

Democrats want very much to run against Trump in 2020.
You will lose.

I think you pretty much hit it on the nail. Rumor's are about that Mueller will be dropping a bomb of more indictments right after the midterm. To date he has 6 guilty plea's and 37 Federal Grand Jury indictments, there will be more. Things have been quiet on the Russian front for the last couple of months, because Mueller, unlike James Comey, is following DOJ protocol of not releasing any information within 60 days of an election.

Once Democrats are seated as the majority in the house in January 2019, the ways & means committee will get Trump's income tax returns, and they will start the open, public hearings & testimony that will be played out 24/7 on National T.V. At that point no one will be able to protect Trump. Robert Mueller will hand over his evidence at this time.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump resign after the midterm. Over the last 2 years Trump has been protected by a Republican house, Sean Hannity & others on FOX NEWS, and the other usual suspects of the right wing.

I just don't think that he has any freaking idea what's coming at him. We've never had a dumber President than Donald Trump.

There's nothing like admitting to Obstruction of Justice on National T.V.

In the above video they are referencing an article that was confirmed by James Comey, National intelligence director, under sworn testimony over a year ago. Several Foreign intelligence agencies were picking up Trump surrogates communications with Russian Intelligence agents since 2015. Here is the article.
British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

For confirmation of Clapper's testimony scroll down this page until you see Fienstein asking Clapper questions.
Full transcript: Sally Yates and James Clapper testify on Russian election interference

image038-4.jpg

If Tuesday turns out to be a big blowout of Republicans, the remaining Republicans will also be joining the charge for impeachment, if not actually leading it. The Republican MISTAKE was they didn't start impeachment proceedings when they should have, well over a year ago. They've always been terrified of their right wing base.

Last edited:

This nation needs to go red to keep the lights of freedom burning. It's just that simple.

I don’t know. It is possible that the Democrats will take the House. Unlikely that they will take the Senate. If they do take the House, expect them to lose the White House in 2020 as they run Hillary again.

What the hell does one have to do with the other?

You don’t think they’ll run Hillary again if there is any sign that Trump is weakening? Who else are they going to run? She is the only one who has the movers and shakers shouting for her.

Hillary Clinton remains the Democrats best chance to defeat Trump in 2020

Will they run Beto after he loses to Cruz? Hillary said she wants to be President Just last week. She’s running again, and they’ll nominate her again. If it looks like the momentum is even slightly in the Democrats favor she’ll run and say that she won the Popular vote last time, and this time she will win it all.

I don’t know. It is possible that the Democrats will take the House. Unlikely that they will take the Senate. If they do take the House, expect them to lose the White House in 2020 as they run Hillary again.

You don’t think they’ll run Hillary again if there is any sign that Trump is weakening?

I know it may make sense in your head but that’s not how the world works. No one gives a shit about last year elections to measure political competitiveness and the only one that “runs Hillary” is Hillary. She will also have to beat out other Democrats in the primary before she runs against Trump.

What to expect when the House of Reps turns blue.....

A useless, divisive attempt to Impeach President Trump, with or without evidence of any crime

A useless, divisive attempt to Impeach Judge Kavanaugh, despite having no evidence

An attempt to raise taxes, to impose / re-instate business-choking regulations, to drive factories back over seas, to eliminate jobs / higher wages / raises / bonuses, and a return to Obama-era Unemployment rates...

An attempt to force newly liberated / independent Americans back into economic slavery and dependency on the govt / Democrats through a return to Welfare, Food Stamps, etc...

A nose-fiving stock market...

A return to aiding, abetting, supporting illegals and Sanctuary cities, open borders, etc...

You don’t think they’ll run Hillary again if there is any sign that Trump is weakening?

I know it may make sense in your head but that’s not how the world works. No one gives a shit about last year elections to measure political competitiveness and the only one that “runs Hillary” is Hillary. She will also have to beat out other Democrats in the primary before she runs against Trump.

Talk to me again in a year. We will see.

They still won't get to see his tax returns. To get a subpoena, they have to be investigating a crime. They can't do it just so they can go fishing for dirt to use in the next election. Trump will take it all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary, where it will be quashed.

How can Congress subpoena someone taxes???

There is a 1924 law that stipulates the Treasury Department “shall” turn over “any return or return information” requested by the chairs of the tax committees........
Yeah, I doubt that. In any event, it sounds like you're only interested in getting Trump and dont care about helping the American people

Actually, they won't be able to use subpoena powers to get trumps tax records. Trump not releasing his tax returns is his prerogative, and there is no criminal actions being taken against his tax status that would warrant the subpoena.

Now, if they find a legitimate criminal case in which his tax records are relevant, then yeah they could.

If they subpoena his tax records just because they want to look at them, and against trumps wishes, I would imagine there would be privacy act violations, and those responsible could find themselves in trouble.

I have wondered about that myself. Does anybody know for sure if this is true?

Actually, they won't be able to use subpoena powers to get trumps tax records. Trump not releasing his tax returns is his prerogative, and there is no criminal actions being taken against his tax status that would warrant the subpoena.

Now, if they find a legitimate criminal case in which his tax records are relevant, then yeah they could.

If they subpoena his tax records just because they want to look at them, and against trumps wishes, I would imagine there would be privacy act violations, and those responsible could find themselves in trouble.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Frankly, Trump has been involved in so many dodgy deals, it probably wouldn't be an issue to subpoena them at all. Trump University, his many bankruptcies, his dealings with the Russians and Saudis..

Allow me to quote myself.

If the Democrats do take the House, then the pressure is on, and they’ll screw it up. The rabid left supporters will expect them to Get Trump. The Republicans might be smart enough to propose popular legislation, and then the Democrats will be accused of putting political games ahead of the country.

Winning the House is not a godsend for the Democrats, it is a nightmare. They won’t have the power to do half of what they campaigned on, and the Senate won’t go along, and Trump will have his fondest dream. A political enemy in power to blast on social media 24/7. Right now, the enemies are out of power, or the media.

Whole lot of supposition there... most of it based on the belief people actually like Trump.

The only thing that keeps the GOP from joining the dems in impeaching the Orange Shitgibbon is the economy hasn't gone into the crapper yet.

They still won't get to see his tax returns. To get a subpoena, they have to be investigating a crime. They can't do it just so they can go fishing for dirt to use in the next election. Trump will take it all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary, where it will be quashed.

Do keep fantasizing... but did it occur to you that the more he fights it, the more people will wonder what he is hiding?

Allow me to quote myself.

If the Democrats do take the House, then the pressure is on, and they’ll screw it up. The rabid left supporters will expect them to Get Trump. The Republicans might be smart enough to propose popular legislation, and then the Democrats will be accused of putting political games ahead of the country.

Winning the House is not a godsend for the Democrats, it is a nightmare. They won’t have the power to do half of what they campaigned on, and the Senate won’t go along, and Trump will have his fondest dream. A political enemy in power to blast on social media 24/7. Right now, the enemies are out of power, or the media.

Whole lot of supposition there... most of it based on the belief people actually like Trump.

The only thing that keeps the GOP from joining the dems in impeaching the Orange Shitgibbon is the economy hasn't gone into the crapper yet.

Do tell, Joseph? Trump's appearances draw HUGE crowds. What has he done that non-commie asswipes (unlike yourself) should distance themselves from him? Barrypuppet and pedo Joe Biden have been stumping for leftard candidates and let's just say that the crowds have been rather sparse. I don't believe that leftards are going to do near as well as they keep telling themselves.

I clicked on the thread to see what legislative initiatives might be at least promoted by a Dem House, looking down the road to when the Dems might have more legislative power.

And instead, it was this again. Oh well.
The Ds offer impeachment. Should be fun.

Forum List

Back