"What To The Slave Is The 4th Of July?"

Actually the US had slaves beginning in 1640.

The U.S. didn't exist in 1640 nor 100 years later in 1740.

Actually America did exist as a colony of Britain.
Actually, you don't have the brains or the spine to admit you are wrong and WilliePete was correct. The United States didn't exist until after we revolted against Britain in 1776. For you to say "Actually the US had slaves beginning in 1640" and not admit you fucked up just shows how cowardly and/or stupid you are.

What to a slave is July 4th?

A beacon of hope that he may one day be free. That has happened in the U.S.

If the OP really cared about Slavery, he'd spend his ire on the issue of present day slaves...of which there are an estimated 21 Million worldwide (compare that to the aggregate less than half a million that were imported to North America over 240+ years).

And note, Latin and South America imported over 90% of the slaves from Africa. Why doesn't the OP hold those societies accountable?

If the OP really cared about Slavery, he'd spend his ire on the issue of present day slaves...of which there are an estimated 21 Million worldwide (compare that to the aggregate less than half a million that were imported to North America over 240+ years).

And note, Latin and South America imported over 90% of the slaves from Africa. Why doesn't the OP hold those societies accountable?

There never should have been that beacon of hope. Blacks should have been free in July 4th, 1776 just like whites. This is the problem with your arguments. You want to pretend that saying it offered a beacon of hope for freedom for those slaves like is supposed to be a positive that we should be happy for. Why don't I hold those other societies responsible? Because I don't live in those other societies and most of those societies got rid of the colonizers who imported the slaves into those paces in the first place.

You don't get to tell me what I am going to spend my ire on. I live here in America, I am spending my ire on American racism. You aren't interested in todays slavery, You only mention it because I talk about how whites are still practicing racism.
In 1776, slavery was widely practiced througout the world. The Founders based our nation upon principles which caused the abolition of slavery. Sad that you don't appreciate it.

Here, try reading this for some perspective:

Speech on the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence | Teaching American History

I am not reading your bullshit. I know what's what. The fact is slavery could have been ended in this nation when the nation started. Not on principles that lead to an end of slavery eventually. I don't have to appreciate that.

Slavery could have ended when the Benin Empire and Nigerians stopped building their economy around the slave trade. But wait, they didnt. They didn't have a document saying all people were created equal either.
A lot of things could have been, should have been, and then weren't. America , is a great country that a lot of people around the world are trying to come to for self advancment. To bad you can't be part of that.

The Benin Empire and Nigeria have nothing to do with what happened in America.. Lets stop using Africa as an excuse. Part of the supposed greatness pf this nation that I participate in is the right to air my grievance peacefully as a citizen. This is the right people like you want to try silencing. That you try doing this is un-American.

You have the right to grieve and i have the right to give my opinion. The Benin Empire and other west Africans have everything to do with what happened in America. They were dealing in the slave trade long before Europeans got involved and the networks were already in place. And Europeans were taken as slaves first through the eastern slave trade anyway, slavery was nothing new to the world.

Well you have that right but you also have the right to be told how you are wrong by someone black who has studied the issue of slavery deeper than you have. You see the trade of slaves were done by transactions, The slaves came over here from Benin on either Dutch or Portuguese ships primarily This means that a Dutchmen or a Portuguese individual or shipping company purchased the slaves. The slaves were not given away. So then if there is no purchase there is no slave trade.

So stop using Africa to excuse what whites have done.

There fore to say that slavery in the America/United States could have ended with the law written in in the constitution which forbade slavery immediately is correct. You offer noting but excuses. But this is par for the course around here. You guys have an excuse for everything whites do that is wrong. You guys are quick to tell others how they are making excuses, but you feel it fine that you can. That is childish.

If we don't talk about slavery and try discussing how whites benefitted from segregation, well that didn't happen either. I mean you guys lie to yourselves completely about how things have happened for you here in this country. And it is very sad that people choose to live with such a refusal to accept reality to such an extent as you conservatives.

^^^ Racist Race Baiting Race Baiter Race Baits Yet Again! ^^^

The Immigration Bill 0f 1789 puts things in perspective. Times may change ; the Inner White does not.

There never should have been that beacon of hope. Blacks should have been free in July 4th, 1776 just like whites. This is the problem with your arguments. You want to pretend that saying it offered a beacon of hope for freedom for those slaves like is supposed to be a positive that we should be happy for. Why don't I hold those other societies responsible? Because I don't live in those other societies and most of those societies got rid of the colonizers who imported the slaves into those paces in the first place.

You don't get to tell me what I am going to spend my ire on. I live here in America, I am spending my ire on American racism. You aren't interested in todays slavery, You only mention it because I talk about how whites are still practicing racism.
I am not reading your bullshit. I know what's what. The fact is slavery could have been ended in this nation when the nation started. Not on principles that lead to an end of slavery eventually. I don't have to appreciate that.

Slavery could have ended when the Benin Empire and Nigerians stopped building their economy around the slave trade. But wait, they didnt. They didn't have a document saying all people were created equal either.
A lot of things could have been, should have been, and then weren't. America , is a great country that a lot of people around the world are trying to come to for self advancment. To bad you can't be part of that.

The Benin Empire and Nigeria have nothing to do with what happened in America.. Lets stop using Africa as an excuse. Part of the supposed greatness pf this nation that I participate in is the right to air my grievance peacefully as a citizen. This is the right people like you want to try silencing. That you try doing this is un-American.

You have the right to grieve and i have the right to give my opinion. The Benin Empire and other west Africans have everything to do with what happened in America. They were dealing in the slave trade long before Europeans got involved and the networks were already in place. And Europeans were taken as slaves first through the eastern slave trade anyway, slavery was nothing new to the world.

Well you have that right but you also have the right to be told how you are wrong by someone black who has studied the issue of slavery deeper than you have. You see the trade of slaves were done by transactions, The slaves came over here from Benin on either Dutch or Portuguese ships primarily This means that a Dutchmen or a Portuguese individual or shipping company purchased the slaves. The slaves were not given away. So then if there is no purchase there is no slave trade.

There fore to say that slavery in the America/United States could have ended with the law written in in the constitution which forbade slavery immediately is correct. You offer noting but excuses. But this is par for the course around here. You guys have an excuse for everything whites do that is wrong. You guys are quick to tell others how they are making excuses, but you feel it fine that you can. That is childish.

If we don't talk about slavery and try discussing how whites benefitted from segregation, well that didn't happen either. I mean you guys lie to yourselves completely about how things have happened for you here in this country. And it is very sad that people choose to live with such a refusal to accept reality to such an extent as you conservatives.

It's July 5th now loon. You can stop repeating yourself.

You first, hun.

yes the United states has been without slavery almost twice as long as it had it

Actually the US had slaves beginning in 1640. But this thread is not about the white folks claims of how slavery is over.and how it was 150 years ago s get over it. The issue here is that July 4, 1776 was 241 years ago and by your own standard things that happened that long ago are irrelevant today.
It is relevant today because we, as a country, no longer belong to Britain.

You had nothing to do with this. You were not here when it happened. It happened 241 years ago. Stop living in the past.
You were not here when it happened. It happened 241 years ago.

Nor were you

Stop living in the past.
Take your own advice

If there is a response to me in there, I couldn't find it.

Well you see the problem with that is I know some blacks were freedmen. But the issue here is that EVERY black should have been a freedmen not just some.
Blacks weren't the only humans suffering from slavery. Your devotion to racism limits that. The website isn't big enough to list man's inhumanity to man throughout the ages, nor does perpetual hand wringing accomplish anything fruitful. People listen to losers like you or they make the best of things. The later types are those that gain success in the world.

Yawn! There is no devotion to racism here. And I am not going to quit pointing out these issues just because your white ass thinks you can make me stop by calling me a racist. You are making excuses, and that's all the good you are. You are an irresponsible white American conservative full of excuses for your own poor behavior while always wanting to demand that others behave in ways you never have. YOU are a sorry piss poor example of an human being You provide us reason to justify abortion. I am well respected man in my community with support and strong friendships with leaders of both major political parties in this state. You are a nothing. It is YOU who is a loser..

You first, hun.

Nope, its all on you.

You first, hun.

Nope, its all on you.

I'm not greedy. You're first in line given your excessively repetitious Race Baiting.

You first, hun.

Nope, its all on you.

I'm not greedy. You're first in line given your excessively repetitious Race Baiting.

It's all on you because you repeat this dumb shit when I am not race baiting. So I am not going to stop doing what I do just because your sorry white ass can't take the truth.

In 1776, slavery was widely practiced througout the world. The Founders based our nation upon principles which caused the abolition of slavery. Sad that you don't appreciate it.

Here, try reading this for some perspective:

Speech on the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence | Teaching American History

I have learned from an early age that slavery was wrong, racism is wrong, discrimination is wrong. I have no need to have someone try to convince me I need to hate myself for being born whatever race I was born into. Which is pretty much the premise of your thread. If I don't work, If I don't try hard, I end up living under a freeway overpass. Same goes for black people the fact that there was once segregation in this country does nothing for me if I don't try to work and get ahead. The fact that more white people have gone to college or have connections does absolutely nothing for me, and you seem to think that takes away from black people today. Your one of those who likes to lump every one together as a group. So please tell me how "Things have happened for me as a group" when you really dont know my life. you come in here with a lot of assumptions about people because they have light colored skin then wonder why you get the reaction you do

Well you see the problem with that is I know some blacks were freedmen. But the issue here is that EVERY black should have been a freedmen not just some.
Blacks weren't the only humans suffering from slavery. Your devotion to racism limits that. The website isn't big enough to list man's inhumanity to man throughout the ages, nor does perpetual hand wringing accomplish anything fruitful. People listen to losers like you or they make the best of things. The later types are those that gain success in the world.

Yawn! There is no devotion to racism here. And I am not going to quit pointing out these issues just because your white ass thinks you can make me stop by calling me a racist. You are making excuses, and that's all the good you are. You are an irresponsible white American conservative full of excuses for your own poor behavior while always wanting to demand that others behave in ways you never have. YOU are a sorry piss poor example of an human being You provide us reason to justify abortion. I am well respected man in my community with support and strong friendships with leaders of both major political parties in this state. You are a nothing. It is YOU who is a loser..

And I am not going to quit pointing out these issues

Whiners gotta whine.

Slaves ceased to be slaves after slavery by default but were still not freed from 2nd class citizenship..

WE? How old are you?

Feel free to point out where I used the word "We".
Sorry, misread it. Too much we stuff in the "community". Yes, blacks were treated badly but it's not an excuse today. Many are quite successful and living WAY better than me in this city alone.

Considering that the facts show us that whites have 15 times the wealth of blacks and Hispanics, you are a liar.

Slaves ceased to be slaves after slavery by default but were still not freed from 2nd class citizenship..

WE? How old are you?

Sorry, misread it. Too much we stuff in the "community". Yes, blacks were treated badly but it's not an excuse today. Many are quite successful and living WAY better than me in this city alone.

Considering that the facts show us that whites have 15 times the wealth of blacks and Hispanics, you are a liar.

Could that have anything to do with demographics?

WE? How old are you?

Tell us about your wealth.

You first, hun.

Nope, its all on you.

It's all on you because you repeat this dumb shit when I am not race baiting. So I am not going to stop doing what I do just because your sorry white ass can't take the truth.

Then quit Race Baiting, you Racist Race Baiter you.

Last edited:

And I am not going to quit pointing out these issues

Whiners gotta whine.

I prefer "Whingers Gotta Whinge".

WE? How old are you?

^^^ So many underlying assumptions that pin the Bogometer ^^^

Most wealth is EARNED, not inherited. If white people have more, perhaps you should consider the Culture and Values which cause people to Work-Earn-Save instead of engaging in your Neverending-Incessant-Racist-Race-Baiting-Victimology Schtick.

I reject your ideology of Collective-Inherited-Guilt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back