What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Sounds like you are judging them.

The bible has already passed judgement.
Did you just justify your judging of others?

I shared what the bible teaches--its not my personal judgements--just facts.
It absolutely is your personal judgment. The Catholic Church did not exist at the time the authors penned the Books of the Bible.

that's funny--God warned us about them-2Thess 2:3
You are rationalizing judging people and you are going to quote scripture?

What does scripture say about judging others?

You're a very angry person, and feel the need to insult all the time, why is that?

I am not angry about anything...Its really hard not to notice the addled produce of your mind so generously put on full display by you.

If you don't want me to point out the stupid things you say, don't say stupid things..If you have noting intelligent to say, say nothing.

You feel insulted. You wouldn't if what I said did not apply.
See? You're doing it again. You're so full of hate that all you can do is insult. What is it that I say that brings out such childishness in you? If you don't want to discuss the subject, why come here in the first place? it's obvious that all you want to do is belittle others, presumably because it makes you feel better. And I'm supposed to think that you've found the ultimate truth about god? Um... no.

Alright Taz, let me break it down for you. I am actually doing you a favor. I am not belittling you, I am showing you how it actually is. For instance, you believe that incessantly asking about kangaroos is some sort of rational argument even when you are alerted to the deeper implications not to mention that scripture was never intended to be taken literally by the intelligent.

You might as well be asking for proof that puppets come to life after being given an assignment to read Pinocchio and discuss the story in a college class .

If you feel belittled believe me I do understand why, but I find absolutely no pleasure in that....
SHADDAP!!! LOL! Pretending you don't belittle and insult constantly. Sheesh, do I even need to quote your last 1000 posts? :biggrin:

You don't believe the flood story, but you believe what they wrote about Jesus. So you're cherry-picking. Which of course, is an absurd thing to do. And sure, you have to study hard because you have to learn what and how to cherry-pick what fits your own personal narrative. I totally get it, so no need to be all upset all the time.

LOL...Again Taz, I am not upset about anything. And I am not belittling you. I find no pleasure in trying to gently awaken you up to the fact that you are wandering around in a public park on a Sunday afternoon with both hands in your underwear. That is not me belittling you. That is what human beings call being embarrassed. You can either stand there and accuse me of being a meanie, that would only be more funny, or you can put on some clothes. The choice is yours. Like I said. I am doing you a favor. I have somehow awakened enough of a spark of life in you for you to even feel that much self awareness.

You can thank me some other time...
So you don’t dispute that you’re a cherry picker when it comes to the bible. Good for you.

What do you mean? Please explain.
Everything which has transpired since the creation of time and space until now was an incremental process (i.e. steps).
Everything which has transpired since the creation of time and space until now was an incremental process (i.e. steps).
So that's all the OT knows about outer space. Sheesh, things happen in steps, WHERE THE FUCK IS NOBEL!!!??? :lmao:
I would say correctly predicting the universe had a beginning 6000 years ago deserves a novel prize.
So you think the universe is only 6000 years old?

Not on planet earth. They are so far removed from God and his son a 10 year old can see it.
Catholicism brought in the cross( pagan torture death device) statues, icons, graven images and filled their churches and homes with all of them. Condemned in the OT to use any of those.
You see Catholics that way to confirm your beliefs.

Idol worshiping is when one worships the created instead of the Creator. Good examples would be the self, alcohol, drugs, sex, money, power, etc.

Bowing to a carved Jesus behind the pulpit is bowing to a graven image. Jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven. He is not in a wooden statue behind the pulpit.
kissing a little metal cross( icon) torture death device)
Jesus, who represents--LOVE,PEACE and UNITY would NOT have a torture death device as the front of his religion. This brought it in-2Thess 2:3)
We don't bow to that. We bow to his presence in the Eucharist which is housed in the Tabernacle.

Your religion--murdered young catholic men for Adolf Hitler. Jesus does not know them. While the teachers and blind followers prayed to the same God on both sides of 55million humans being slaughtered. One of the biggest hipocrosys ever witnessed by all creation. Keep bowing to that piece of wood.

Fascinating collective responsibility theory you have going there. "No Catholics are Christians, because some Catholics did bad things half-a-century ago!"

You must not know what the bible teaches--even in the dark ages when the flock was allowed to read the bible for themselves, ran from Catholicism. Over 1000 years after the councils were held--no real teachers of Jesus would ever hold back any truth or the written word of God-- they are far removed and not one branch ever fixed it because no trinity god exists. The only translating that remained when the protestants translated was Catholicism translating, all originals were gone. Many errors to fit false council teachings are translated in.

Not on planet earth. They are so far removed from God and his son a 10 year old can see it.
Catholicism brought in the cross( pagan torture death device) statues, icons, graven images and filled their churches and homes with all of them. Condemned in the OT to use any of those.

Idol worshiping is when one worships the created instead of the Creator. Good examples would be the self, alcohol, drugs, sex, money, power, etc.

Bowing to a carved Jesus behind the pulpit is bowing to a graven image. Jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven. He is not in a wooden statue behind the pulpit.
Jesus, who represents--LOVE,PEACE and UNITY would NOT have a torture death device as the front of his religion. This brought it in-2Thess 2:3)
We don't bow to that. We bow to his presence in the Eucharist which is housed in the Tabernacle.

Your religion--murdered young catholic men for Adolf Hitler. Jesus does not know them. While the teachers and blind followers prayed to the same God on both sides of 55million humans being slaughtered. One of the biggest hipocrosys ever witnessed by all creation. Keep bowing to that piece of wood.
My religion did that? How?

Most of the german armies and Italian were catholic--If the teachers applied Jesus they would have told them-- no matter what do not stand on both sides killing each other in hatred. My teachers were wise enough to do that. I say Germany wouldn't have had enough army to attack anyone if the teachers stood for Jesus.
The same with what occurred in the usa--Millions of native americans wiped out or forced on reservations--for land and gold. Many told they were Christian accomplishing these acts. They were wrong-Matt 7:21-23

The bible has already passed judgement.

It absolutely is your personal judgment. The Catholic Church did not exist at the time the authors penned the Books of the Bible.

The Pope-- is called - the holy father---Reality--God is the holy Father not the Pope. The Pope is a mortal sinner. In Fact the bible clearly teaches--Do NOT call any man FATHER --this is speaking about in a spiritual teacher sense. In The OT Men are called Father--So its not Dads that reference was to--simple bible milk, yet its been over 1700 years and your teachers can not get it right.Why? Dogma get in the way?--The bible judged right there against your Pope. Its not me judging--the bible has all the judgements in black and white-there will be no excuses.

Fascinating collective responsibility theory you have going there. "No Catholics are Christians, because some Catholics did bad things half-a-century ago!"

You must not know what the bible teaches--even in the dark ages when the flock was allowed to read the bible for themselves, ran from Catholicism. Over 1000 years after the councils were held--no real teachers of Jesus would ever hold back any truth or the written word of God-- they are far removed and not one branch ever fixed it because no trinity god exists. The only translating that remained when the protestants translated was Catholicism translating, all originals were gone. Many errors to fit false council teachings are translated in.

I fail to see how your post in any way responds to what I said, nor do I see how anything I said translates into "not knowing what the Bible teaches". Feel free to agree with or disagree with Catholic doctrine however you like, but do NOT demand that I accept definitions of words based on your personal biases.

I fail to see how your post in any way responds to what I said, nor do I see how anything I said translates into "not knowing what the Bible teaches". Feel free to agree with or disagree with Catholic doctrine however you like, but do NOT demand that I accept definitions of words based on your personal biases.

Here are the undisputable facts of Israelite God worship history--Every Israelite scholar and trinity scholar know its 100% fact:
From Moses on up until this very day, taught, served, and worshipped-YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God--taught to Matthew, Mark, Peter, John and Jesus his first 30 years attending the synagogues and temples. Not one of them ever refuted that God--They taught that God---John 20:17, Rev 3:12--2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 15:24-28, 1Cor 8:6-- 1Peter 1:3--Rev 1:6
A couple of simple mistranslations make it seem a trinity exists but it does not. Trinity translations teach 2 different Gods--The Father is the only true God Jesus said-John 17:3--so did Paul-1Cor 8:6

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

Perhaps he had a weekend to kill and was in one of those sacrificin' moods. Cable could have been out so he couldn't stream The Walking Dead, which back then was a reality show about lepers. He'd already 'created' the universe and let's face it after that everything else is a cakewalk.

I am not angry about anything...Its really hard not to notice the addled produce of your mind so generously put on full display by you.

If you don't want me to point out the stupid things you say, don't say stupid things..If you have noting intelligent to say, say nothing.

You feel insulted. You wouldn't if what I said did not apply.
See? You're doing it again. You're so full of hate that all you can do is insult. What is it that I say that brings out such childishness in you? If you don't want to discuss the subject, why come here in the first place? it's obvious that all you want to do is belittle others, presumably because it makes you feel better. And I'm supposed to think that you've found the ultimate truth about god? Um... no.

Alright Taz, let me break it down for you. I am actually doing you a favor. I am not belittling you, I am showing you how it actually is. For instance, you believe that incessantly asking about kangaroos is some sort of rational argument even when you are alerted to the deeper implications not to mention that scripture was never intended to be taken literally by the intelligent.

You might as well be asking for proof that puppets come to life after being given an assignment to read Pinocchio and discuss the story in a college class .

If you feel belittled believe me I do understand why, but I find absolutely no pleasure in that....
SHADDAP!!! LOL! Pretending you don't belittle and insult constantly. Sheesh, do I even need to quote your last 1000 posts? :biggrin:

You don't believe the flood story, but you believe what they wrote about Jesus. So you're cherry-picking. Which of course, is an absurd thing to do. And sure, you have to study hard because you have to learn what and how to cherry-pick what fits your own personal narrative. I totally get it, so no need to be all upset all the time.

LOL...Again Taz, I am not upset about anything. And I am not belittling you. I find no pleasure in trying to gently awaken you up to the fact that you are wandering around in a public park on a Sunday afternoon with both hands in your underwear. That is not me belittling you. That is what human beings call being embarrassed. You can either stand there and accuse me of being a meanie, that would only be more funny, or you can put on some clothes. The choice is yours. Like I said. I am doing you a favor. I have somehow awakened enough of a spark of life in you for you to even feel that much self awareness.

So you don’t dispute that you’re a cherry picker when it comes to the bible. Good for you.

Didn't your daddy tell you that you can't just believe everything you read?

Of course I am a cherry picker when I am looking for cherries. You look to punch holes out of some deep seated childish emotional resentment so you pick up horse apples.

People tend to find what they are looking for..

I have found something pleasing to the eye and good to eat, you found a foul and smelly lump of dung to eat. I am at peace in the midst of this crazy world, you are sick to your stomach...

Didn't your daddy tell you that you can't just believe everything you read?

Of course I am a cherry picker when I am looking for cherries. You look to punch holes out of some deep seated childish emotional resentment so you pick up horse apples.

People tend to find what they are looking for..

I have found something pleasing to the eye and good to eat, you found a foul and smelly lump of dung to eat. I am at peace in the midst of this crazy world, you are sick to your stomach...
So who tells you what to cherry pick? Your rabbi?

In New Orleans, the church tends to follow "that old time religion". She also had a daughter who wanted to get married, but not in her Parrish church, because she did not like the priest. She went to a neighboring Parrish, but he would not marry her unless her Parrish priest gave him written permission. Fortunately, she married a catholic. Otherwise, he would have had to go through months of indoctrination by the church. of course, I could watch all this with amusement, since I am an athiest, and married my catholic wife in a civil ceremony.

Oh, come on. I married an atheist who did not have to go through any (let alone months) of indoctrination. Oddly enough, back in her day, my grandmother also married an atheist and nor did my grandfather have to undergo any "indoctrination." (The marriages also took place in different states.) Granted, neither of us lived in New Orleans. Also, I was married in a parish outside the one in which I resided--without a single hoop to jump through or written permissions required.

OK. You win. The Catholic church is all about Freedom of thought and beliefs. Galileo must be proud! The Inquisition was just for show.

You DO know that the Inquisition was several centuries ago, right? Welcome to 2018.

True. it is the 21st century, where women are not forbidden occupations merely because they have vaginas, and only the pope, in all the world, is infallible.

Well, that was utterly pointless. You want some time to think about your position?

Not really. I have had 73 years tom think about my position. I really don't have to go any further than transubstantiation to know that I am dealing with nonsense.

How wasn't it?
How wasn't it?
So that's all the OT knows about outer space. Sheesh, things happen in steps, WHERE THE FUCK IS NOBEL!!!??? :lmao:
I would say correctly predicting the universe had a beginning 6000 years ago deserves a novel prize.
Don't be silly. Space and time were created ~14 billion years ago.

6000 years ago men knew that the universe had a beginning. It only took science 5900 years to catch up.

Most of the german armies and Italian were catholic--If the teachers applied Jesus they would have told them-- no matter what do not stand on both sides killing each other in hatred. My teachers were wise enough to do that. I say Germany wouldn't have had enough army to attack anyone if the teachers stood for Jesus.
The same with what occurred in the usa--Millions of native americans wiped out or forced on reservations--for land and gold. Many told they were Christian accomplishing these acts. They were wrong-Matt 7:21-23
Right and Christians, many who were Catholics, stopped it.

Can you tell me what scripture says about judging others?

The Pope-- is called - the holy father---Reality--God is the holy Father not the Pope. The Pope is a mortal sinner. In Fact the bible clearly teaches--Do NOT call any man FATHER --this is speaking about in a spiritual teacher sense. In The OT Men are called Father--So its not Dads that reference was to--simple bible milk, yet its been over 1700 years and your teachers can not get it right.Why? Dogma get in the way?--The bible judged right there against your Pope. Its not me judging--the bible has all the judgements in black and white-there will be no excuses.
Maybe you should read the Catechism and tell me what you reject and what you accept.

If nothing else you will learn that everything you believe about Catholics is a lie.

6000 years ago men knew that the universe had a beginning. It only took science 5900 years to catch up.
Actually, when the bible says that god said "let there be light", that was hundreds of millions of years after the Big Bang. The universe was initially dark.

Actually, when the bible says that god said "let there be light", that was hundreds of millions of years after the Big Bang. The universe was initially dark.
We aren't reading the same thing then.

To me the account of Genesis is about the beginning of Creation.

Right and Christians, many who were Catholics, stopped it.

Can you tell me what scripture says about judging others?
Be just in your judgments.

We aren't reading the same thing then.

To me the account of Genesis is about the beginning of Creation.
Did you believe that before you started reading or after you read it?

Genesis is about the creation of heaven and earth, not the universe, solar system, planet, or the fist plants or animals.

The light, the firmament or foundation of heaven, was spoken into existence.

The law of God came into the world as a light to the nations, a light that teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, good and evil, light and darkness, life and death.

Forum List

Back